Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Underground & Future World
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ravemark

Australia
24 posts
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  04:35:44  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Ravemark's homepage
They would have to be the two major labels in Hardcore these days. Does anyone think they would ever do a joint project like a djmix compilation album?
I think it would be interesting to see how the two labels different producers would sound with joint productions too.
Anyways just a thought.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Ravemark on 2014/12/07 05:10:57
skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  05:12:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ravemark:
They would have to be the two major labels in Hardcore these days. Does anyone think they would ever do a joint project like a compilation album?
I think it would be interesting to see how the two labels different producers would sound with joint productions too.
Anyways just a thought.

Just because Futureworld has all the big names signed to it, doesn't makes it a "big major label". True they've released a few decent tunes but what good is a label that holds back on their releases and recycles old tunes to release "New futureworld compilation album".

Anyways sorry didn't mean this to turn into a bash futureworld topic....

I'd love to hear a gammer and AL STORM joint mix. Or a fracus and darwin vs darren styles track..

It could happened. CDJay has said it him self anything is possible with Hardcore Underground ;)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ravemark

Australia
24 posts
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  06:20:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ravemark's homepage
Yeah Future World are very slow on the releases schedule mate.

So many possibilities, even Recon & Styles vs Fracus and Darwin.

Edited by - Ravemark on 2014/12/07 06:35:45
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  09:11:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Hardcore Underground is a major label, Futureworld is just a label with bigname DJs. It was going the right direction at the beginning, but eventually the productions became piss-poor and were loaded with more remix and less original material. And they haven't released anything in like 4 months, and the last release they had was an album that re-released already existing tracks.

But yes I'm sure if Breeze is smart enough they would get in talks with HU to release a worthwhile physical album.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  11:14:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

Doubt it. The typical FutureWorld fan really doesn't like HU/HU's music.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  11:26:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Don't you think FW just simply doesn't deserve any assistance from HU?

Honestly what a disappointment they've become, I said at the birth of this new 'fw concept' that it was probably a bad idea to effectively end multiple labels to create this monolith. I was pleased with the early release schedule but now they've become fully stagnant, it's pathetic, what a massive waste of talent.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  12:43:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Don't you think FW just simply doesn't deserve any assistance from HU?

Honestly what a disappointment they've become, I said at the birth of this new 'fw concept' that it was probably a bad idea to effectively end multiple labels to create this monolith. I was pleased with the early release schedule but now they've become fully stagnant, it's pathetic, what a massive waste of talent.

Very well said.

It was something which could have worked if those behind it were on the ball and constantly keeping on top of releases and projects, but that hasn't happened. And as you say, it's such a shame that 'Essential Platinum, Raver Baby/HTID, Junkbox and Twista have effectively ended because of it.

Also, Lethal Theory is a much bigger label than Futureworld.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  12:53:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
And as you say, it's such a shame that 'Essential Platinum, Raver Baby/HTID, Junkbox and Twista have effectively ended because of it.

Absolutely criminal.

quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Also, Lethal Theory is a much bigger label than Futureworld.

Definitely. And it's properly run, too. Joey's good for the scene.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  18:02:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Definitely. And it's properly run, too. Joey's good for the scene.

deffo agree with this, always been a big fan of joey riot. I do think he comes across as a bit of a big head at times though, and does a bit of name dropping when he's involved with the dutch lot, but who wouldn't i suppose lol.

ninja edit

Spain
51 posts
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  18:13:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ninja edit's homepage
fw, except some tracks, is 170 bpm EDM/bigroom shit

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  19:05:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Well to be honest if you look at all of the main FW producers;

Styles - makes as much good as he does crap and to be honest i rarely notice any of his stuff come out
Dougal & Gammer - Dougal doesn't seem to do much without gammer and these two are FAR past their best and the latter while able to make some good stuff, is by far the worst.
Recon - Isn't really part of the scene any more and i don't really notice anything from him either.
Hixxy - By far the most flexible and talented producer of the lot is pretty much dead music wise which is a shame.
Breeze - Do i really have to say anything?

I'm not concerned with the nobodies who make up the rest of them though maybe i missed one or two of note? or maybe not and that's why i missed them. FW is not a patch on HU and it would be an insult to CDjay and the crew to suggest otherwise. When FW was formed, there was a lot of big talk and that's it, all talk. HU has pumped out project after project and i for one am truely grateful.

Edited to add: There's not a single FW producer i would ever want to see on a HU project.

Edited by - Vladel on 2014/12/07 19:06:40
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  20:01:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
But...

quote:
Like any great alliance, watching several unspeakably gifted individuals join together to
create a collective force to be reckoned with is always worth celebrating on any level.
Let?s be honest, we all love watching, reading, listening to or interacting with iconic
characters that dominate international pop culture right? In their own right they?re awesome,
but when one of those biblical moments happens when you get a cross over of legendary
characters working together in your favourite story, show, movie or even album, it?s always
infinitely better as an entertainment experience that?ll often leave you breathless.
This particular alliance is one of those very cases.

Like UK rave?s answer to The Avengers, a selection of the scene?s most promising, talented
and accomplished record breaking, award winning artists have collaborated on a project that
will change the game as we know it forever. Each one of these respective artists has worked
tirelessly at their craft to be leaders in achievement as writers, producers, engineers,
singers, songwriters, DJ?s, MC?s, label managers, promoters; you name it individually,
they?ve done it. Now, they unite to form a one stop musical home for their skills as the best
the scene has to offer and that home, is Futureworld.

Joining together the unique creative offerings of Darren Styles, Mark Breeze, Gammer, Dougal,
Re-Con, Whizzkid, Static, Petruccio, Modulate, Tyl3r, Reynolds, Michael Scout, Mark Slammer,
T2kazuya, Marie Louise and many more, Futureworld is now the central hub for all of their
forthcoming releases, remixes, mixtapes, podcast & radio shows and event information,
album releases, compilation updates, artist details, booking forms and general promotion.
Never before has it been easier to stay connected to all of your favourite artists in one
place and never before has such a unity taken place to rock the ever growing and changing
and evolving rave scene right down to it?s very core.

Be part of the future, take the rave to the World, separately they are unstoppable gold,
together ? they are unbeatable platinum. Welcome to the future of rave as we know it;
welcome? to Futureworld.

It's a shame really because there are some tremendous artists on the label who are being done a disservice. I feel like some of the artists aren't making very much new music at the moment too. Darren Styles maybe the main exception.

HU have got so many things right. Futureworld could do much worse than model themselves around HU (which is a ridiculous thing for me to suggest really).

A Darren Style project with HU would be incredible. Unfortunately, I think that's very unlikely.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/12/07 :  23:44:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
In my eyes Styles and Gammer are the ones from Futureworld who could take things where they wanted and give us something new and fresh. From that last mix Styles gave us (which I thought was blinding) he has a fair ideas and a bit of material to give us - but on Futureworld? And Gammer has showcased a few bits for us, but again on Futureworld? These gentlemen deserve (and have had!) their own labels to get their stuff out on - I bloody hope they are not restricted by Futureworld, be it by contract or their own commitment, and see the light and release tunes again off their own backs, even if it means kickstarting their own labels from scratch.
Styles has the talent, Gammer has the creativity, I'm glad they don't regularly produce together as that might be a waste of each others talents but they should be able to fire out releases for us as and when they please without waiting 3278432698 years for a Futureworld EP.
This isn't to take anything away from the other Futureworld guys, they clearly know what they are doing, but lets be honest - we want regular hardcore music releases from a hardcore label, not a "we'll release what we think is good" type label.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  00:35:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage
There is a reason not much has been released lately and even more has been held back completely as far as previews etc. go.

It doesn't take a genius to understand artist albums are in the works for 2015.

The "FW Winter" thingy is not really an album, it's just something many digital labels do, to have some sort of package with lots of tracks for a cheap price if you don't have any of those tracks so far/are new to the genre. Armada does something like that about every week with Armin Van Buuren tracks, lol. Just ignore it.

Also regarding OP's question... let's just say my vote is on "Yes"...

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  07:43:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Well to be honest if you look at all of the main FW producers;

Styles - makes as much good as he does crap and to be honest i rarely notice any of his stuff come out
Dougal & Gammer - Dougal doesn't seem to do much without gammer and these two are FAR past their best and the latter while able to make some good stuff, is by far the worst.
Recon - Isn't really part of the scene any more and i don't really notice anything from him either.
Hixxy - By far the most flexible and talented producer of the lot is pretty much dead music wise which is a shame.
Breeze - Do i really have to say anything?

I'm not concerned with the nobodies who make up the rest of them though maybe i missed one or two of note? or maybe not and that's why i missed them. FW is not a patch on HU and it would be an insult to CDjay and the crew to suggest otherwise. When FW was formed, there was a lot of big talk and that's it, all talk. HU has pumped out project after project and i for one am truely grateful.

Edited to add: There's not a single FW producer i would ever want to see on a HU project.

God, what a boring, negative post.

Darren Styles - The best thing that's ever happened to hardcore. I'm not sure i'd even maintain an interest in hardcore if it wasn't for this man. The mix he posted on soundcloud recently is epic. One of they mixes you can listen to all the way through without feeling the need to skip any tracks.

Dougal & Gammer - One of, if not the longest standing partnerships in hardcore. They are still making great music after over a decade of collabs which is an achevment in itself. Dougal, like many before him (Sy for example), obviously can't engineer tracks so relies on gammer for the technical side of things. They compliment each other well. Can always tell the difference between Gammers solo tracks and his collabs with Dougal.

Re-Con - Up there with DS. An extremely talented producer. Isn't part of the scene anymore? If you'd said that 1-2 years ago I might have agreed but he's certainly a lot more active now and making some amazing tunes. For him to still be involved in hardcore says a lot about his passion for the music - he probably makes a shitload more from other genres.

Hixxy - Agreed on this one. I don't think he's made any music since he joined Futureworld - so all in all its been a fairly pointless switch. Hopefully he gets back to making music soon but I'm not holding my breath. A true hardcore ledgend.

Breeze - He certainly doesn't make as much music as the rest of them bar hixxy, which is probably a good thing and most likely his intention when the new Futureworld was born. Have to admit I've been impressed by a couple of his new tunes though. 15 seconds is great and I like the update of sometimes.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  09:03:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
We'd love to.

As part of my pre-New-Years resolution, I'll be a bit more open whilst remaining vague enough to hopefully stave off controversy.

Lack of engagement, and collaborative intent, is the reason the scene is indisputably in a bad way.

Lack of support for, well, us, and various other mid tier types over the past few years has driven away more talent than I care to think about. When we did HU1 in 2006 it was because so much was being ignored. In 2009 we managed to put out HU3 *and* HU4. Compiling HU7 to the desired standard is only possible with the presumption I can rely on a newfound ability to license from FW etc.

Additionally, HU was only ever intended to work as a "bridge" between the commercial stuff and the less visible subsets and artists of the scene. We gave up our aspirations of reaching mainstream audiences partly as a survival stratagem (focus on core market, get more out faster to retain interest) and partly because we've never enjoyed the support at major events or from major DJs and album licenses. In fact even basic support in sharing album releases on FB seems to be beyond many.

Worse still over the part few years, Fracus and I wasted *MONTHS* putting together fairly robust, forward thinking, album proposals TWICE involving major players and brands only for them to fall apart. I can't state loudly enough just how much better things would be had either of those two albums come to fruition. The first would likely be on volume 4 at this point, and the second would have provided a real cash injection across the board whilst getting the genre the visibility it now so desperately needs. I won't, and probably can't, go into detail on either publically but the difference is that I will now quite happily shout loudly at industry people about it. Years of treading on eggshells have gotten us all nowhere, and I'm ever so bored of being Nostradamus.

Even as I typed this, we've floated an album concept towards some of those listed. We're yet to receive a reply from an e-mail sent ~ a month ago. I don't purport to have all the answers, but why we're struggling to get sensible discourse from concerned parties at this point eludes reason.

Finally, and I can't believe I'm *still* having to moan about stuff like this, we'd be a hell of a lot more effective as a label/enabler if I didn't have to spend as much time worrying about why HU DJs are STILL getting such poor support at major events. It's bewildering. I can only presume that we've been away working, and others have spent the time re-enacting some sort of Game of Thrones politicking. God knows. We've demonstrably tried to support everyone, as per, and precisely no-one seems to be doing the bare minimum to fight our corner. Sadly, also as per.

To summarise: Yes. FFS.

CDJay @ Help Us Ltd.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page