Total online 1729
 Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Favourite happy hardcore album or album series??
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
johnnygomental
Average Member

United Kingdom
192 posts
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  09:21:34  Show profile Send a private message
I had a dig through my many boxes of happy hardcore albums and this got me thinking, which is my favourite album or album series.
My favourite has to be the off yer nut series. I have them all including the monster 6cd into the millenium and each and every album is a belter. There isnt a bad cd.Ive always been a happy head and so have often overlooked the tranecore mixes but even those are sweet when listened to a few times.
No other series for me delivers so consistently.
What are you favourites and do you have recommendations?
Ta

Alert moderator
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  09:48:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I'd probably go for The United dance or original Hardcore heaven series.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
johnnygomental
Average Member

United Kingdom
192 posts
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  10:58:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit johnnygomental's homepage
Ill defo 2nd the original hardcore heaven series. The vibes mixes were always awsome. Loved the choon selection on the united dance series,but im a stickler for happy hardcore being pkayed at a decent speed. Always thought the UD mixes were too slow,as with many a bonkers mix

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  12:42:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
I loved the Sound of Happycore series. There were only 3, and each mix only had 12 songs but they were belters, the Brisk mix in particular has some of the best mixing I've heard. Force & Styles mix is straightforward happy hardcore but not typical of them, and the Sy mix is a blinder.
I enjoyed each series of Hardcore Heavens. The second lot of them was such a great time for the music, not taking anything away from the later series but the relatively new UK hardcore sound was still awesome, exciting times for the scene.
Hardcore Underground haven't disappointed yet with their main series in terms of recent stuff.
Oh yeah, and the Slammin' Vinyl series from the 90s was very strong, too.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

johnnygomental
Average Member

United Kingdom
192 posts
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  16:50:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit johnnygomental's homepage
Ahhhh, forgot about the SV series- absolute hardcore. They were superb cds. Thats another series where every mix is very strong,material and mixing wise. Number 2,vibes' mix,opened with the uber cheese rip of celine dions titanic anthem-my heart will go on! 😄😄 awesome
Im sure there was a 6 cd millenium edition of that also,with all 3 albums in one? Ive not bought a hardcore album for a wee while tbh. The new stuff is fading somewhat for me, I need to get refreshed on it

Raging

United Kingdom
21 posts
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  16:50:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Raging's homepage
for me probably cd3 of united in hardcore,oldskool epic'ness

currently though for me tracks from hu dj tools vol 2 and magic chords the secret files are top right now,being played daily.

cheers.

skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  18:46:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage
I don't own many of the older comps but I'd have to say Hardcore Heaven 3 (2006). That Sy Mix changed my whole perspective on Hardcore. It had some of the best tunes and amazing scratching skills.

Also I'd say the DecaDance Happy Hardcore bundle with 6 Cd's mostly Sy & Unknown material was really great.

djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  21:34:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage
The original Hardcore Heaven series loved the concepts of 4 djs with 4 mixes on 2 discs. DJ's had to actually put some thought into their tracklist

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  22:49:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
United Dance, the way 1 to 6 pretty much mapped out the birth of 4-beat / happy hardcore. United Dance 5 will always be a special album for me, the Slipmatt mix is absolutely untouchable from word go, amazing track selection and mixing! The other 3 mixes are great too. United Dance 6 represented a much more mature sound with the Bunter mix and also Slipmatt's mix being a bit tougher and underground.

Bee-Trax

United Kingdom
55 posts
Posted - 2014/12/15 :  23:46:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bee-Trax's homepage
Bonkers 2

just kidding, Bonkers 7.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page