Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 The Interview
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  08:43:50  Show profile Send a private message
So is anyone going to see this movie? I'm considering checking it out now that it's available on YouTube to rent, even if it received mixed reviews.

For those of you who don't know, The Interview is a movie that stars Seth Rogen and James Franco and is a fictional story about a plot to kill Kim Jong Un. There was already controversy about the movie long before the whole hacking started.

And for those that haven't heard yet, Sony Corporation was hacked by either North Korea or North Korea sympathizers. In this hack, they have stolen a lot of information from employees, making it impossible for Sony to do anything in their US offices. On top of that, there were a lot of secrets leaked out since the hack confiscated a lot of personal e-mails, some of them revealing what a massive cunt Angelina Jolie is to work with, and that Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence were paid significantly less for their roles in American Hustle compared to their male costars.

So in response, movie theater companies and Sony corporation caved into the threats and demands of these hackers and movie theater companies dropped the film from screening it on it's original release date of Christmas Day and Sony halted all distribution of the film, as well as took down every trace of its trailer, ads and promotions. Seth and James both cancelled all appearances relating to the movie and hired bodyguards.

Well now some smaller theater franchises will be showing the movie today, but YouTube has made it available to rent for a fee. Funny thing is, because of it being on Youtube it's already available on the file-sharing sites lol. So if you didn't want to pay to see it, happy hunting.

Alert moderator
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  10:32:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Wasn't at all interested in it before all the fuss, still not interested after. I find the stars mildly funny occasionally. Would have been more use as an episode of a comedy series rather than a full length film.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  10:42:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
I don't like the pot humour by Rogan and Franco, so it might be good.

I think it'd be more likely that the hack was by Chinese (not government) then North Korea.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  11:52:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
I'll probably watch it, but it's not something I would pay to see. I'm no more or less likely to see it because of the hacking buisness. "America" have still bent to the cyber-terrorists to an extent, shoud have just carried on as normal, but clearly it's enough for them all to stick "freedom prevails" above the 2 cinemas that will screen it ;)

Jennifer lawrence/Amy adams got less than christian bale? wow, stop the press!

Edited by - Triquatra on 2014/12/25 11:57:03
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  12:23:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

Jennifer lawrence/Amy adams got less than christian bale? wow, stop the press!

I understand Amy Adams being paid less. Her background is mostly rom-coms. Jennifer lawrence is the star of a major franchise... And Christian Bale was Batman.

worldwide gross stats show a pretty clear story though...

The Dark Knight Rises = $1,084,439,099 (Worldwide Gross)
The Hunger Games 2 = $864,565,663 (Worldwide Gross)

The Dark Knight Rises wasn't even Bale's most recent film before American Hustle. 'Out of the Furnace' did ****ing terribly at the box office grossing like $30mil - which was his most recent beforehand.

Why should he get paid more, let alone significantly more?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  12:36:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Better actor, better agent. I should add that I thought American Hustle was a shit movie; so I would have paid them all significantly less than what they got.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2014/12/25 12:43:07
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  13:12:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Better actor, better agent. I should add that I thought American Hustle was a shit movie; so I would have paid them all significantly less than what they got.

'Better Actor" is debatable. Based on whose opinion? Oscars? They both have one. Nominations? She has double. Other wins? She also has double. Top Grossing films? Basically the same. Keep in mind she's half his age . It would stand to reason she's the better actor if you're basing it off statistics... Or, at least more successful. Sounds like you just have a bias... Don't know what it's based on.

But regardless, the entire entertainment industry isn't based off of ability as much as it as audience draw. She has a far bigger audience draw. So why didn't she get paid more?

The 'better agent' "argument" is interesting. I couldn't find any information on the internet anywhere as to who either of them are represented by... It'd be an interesting look, though.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  13:30:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
The Dark Knight Rises = $1,084,439,099 (Worldwide Gross)
The Hunger Games 2 = $864,565,663 (Worldwide Gross)

To be fair, Hunger games 2 came out the same year, so the deals must have been made before that movie came out (not sure though). Id be interested to know how fast an actors earning can rise. She became a star fast, i think audience draw is a bit hard to measure. Though i think she definitely is in that spot now, where just her name on the credits will get people to see a movie.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  13:35:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Nah, just think people are looking at it too deeply.
Contracts are negotiated, and I'm more than sure there are more arguments to it than just
"she is female, he is male"

The argument in many of the headlines, and as steveyboobs put it "compared to their male costars"
as if they would rather not touch or go anywhere near the subject of *which* stars they are.

Personally, I couldn't give two craps about any of those actors, I'm not a "fan" of any of them; there is no bias here. I was offering up "better actor" as just an option when they came to the negotiating table; I've not the foggiest what the big-wigs at Hollywood think, but it's surely something they would consider. I'd quite happily take Jennifer's place in a movie for her salary ;)

Edited by - Triquatra on 2014/12/25 13:38:59
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  16:45:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Comparing Christian Bale's pay to Jennifer Lawrence's pay is inaccurate in this situation, since Bale is the leading male actor in the movie and J-Law is the supporting female actress.

It's best to compare J-Law's pay with Bradley Cooper's, who was the supporting male actor. Now that one boggles my mind a bit as J-Law's been in movies with WAY MORE exposure: Hunger Games series, X-Men (first class at that time), and they both starred in Silver Linings Playbook, for which she won the Oscar. She's been nominated a total of 3 times for the Academy Awards, while he has only been nominated in 2.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2014/12/25 :  17:03:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Clearly needs a better agent then, doesn't boggle my mind.

brodster

United States
99 posts
Posted - 2014/12/27 :  08:01:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brodster's homepage
I'm gonna be honest this movie was pretty shit. Stale humor, predictable plot and the hype was just not worth it.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2014/12/27 :  10:19:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Watched it last night, nothing to rave about. Though I didn't fall asleep like I have in some other movies this year!

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/12/27 :  11:56:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
It was alright. Certainly a peculiar sense of humour though. Some parts were funny, but it felt like a try-too-hard American comedy. It was, however, every bit as controversial as I had hoped, and that made it a fun and interesting movie.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/12/28 :  11:47:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
I'm not heaps interested in what they got paid, but I sure checked out JL's tits when they went online.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page