Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Favourite anything 2014
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/12/28 :  03:16:27  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
Just because I'm bored and someone might discover something new:

Favourite movie of 2014: INTERSTELLAR

Went to the cinema many times this year but I believe this has to be the best one I saw. Beautifully shot, down-to-Earth despite being sci fi and good effects and music. Usually I find many highly praised movies to be overrated but this one I would highly recommend. You don't even need to be a sci fi fan to enjoy it, I think, considering a large part of it is grounded in actual science (not all of it, mind you).

Favourite video game of 2014: ALIEN: ISOLATION

My god what a terrific game this is. Gorgeous visuals with so many atmospheric effects and chilling soundtrack. The Xenomorph is a formidable foe and several times I dropped the controller when I suddenly heard it screech and come running without me having time to react. Perfect difficulty on "Hard" and a long, interesting game that truly captures the feel of the first Alien movie. So many homages to that movie, too, heaven for an Alien-fanatic like me. :D Highly praised among players, mixed reviews from critics - my advise is to play it and judge it for yourself.
Honorable mention to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Favourite hardcore song of 2014: REDMOON FEAT. MERON RYAN - NEVER LET GO (FRACUS & DARWIN REMIX)

Well, I already expressed my thoughts about this in another thread. Rivals Let Me In (Darwin Remix) if you ask me! Me and my boyfriend consider this "our" song. :)

Favourite non-hardcore song of 2014: PORTER ROBINSON - SAD MACHINE / DILLON FRANCIS & DJ SNAKE - GET LOW / DUB MOTION - AZURE

Too many to choose from. Get Low instantly hooked me and I have yet to tire of it. Sick middle-eastern drop and that snare/clap is evil! Azure is one of the best liquid dnb tunes I have ever heard, I think. So chill and "sincere".

Favourite hardcore album of 2014: FRACUS & DARWIN - FILTH & DUMB HATRED

Like the F&D fanboy I am... Not quite as good as Point of No Return but definitely high quality music again! When's the fourth album coming!?! :D

Favourite non-hardcore album of 2014: PORTER ROBINSON - WORLDS

The whole album is lush and down-tempo house-inspired electronic dance music. I dunno what to categorize it as but it's a damn fine album. If you're unsure, check out the songs Sad Machine, Divinity and Flicker. If they don't win you over you probably won't like it.

My SOUNDCLOUD

Alert moderator

Edited by - Quicksilver on 2014/12/28 03:18:53
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/28 :  04:27:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage

Favourite movie of 2014: X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I seem to be going to the theaters less and less as years pass by, but saw this one in theaters and thought it was awesome.

Favourite hardcore song of 2014: REDMOON FEAT. MERON RYAN - NEVER LET GO (FRACUS & DARWIN REMIX)

Agree with Quicksilver it's a great song and definitely my anthem for the year!

Favourite non-hardcore song of 2014: Foster The People- Best Friend

Not a lot to choose from as I don't really listen to much outside of UK hardcore, but I really love this band, and once again they came out with a great album with great tracks this year

Favourite hardcore album of 2014: Happy Hardcore Underground

I got a huge package of HU albums, but so far I've only gone through 2, and this one I keep going back to over and over again. This may change by the time I get to the rest of the albums, but it's got

Favourite non-hardcore album of 2014: Foster The People- Supermodel

Their long-awaited sophomore album finally came out and it's certainly not a carbon copy of their first one, which I think is great. When I'm not listening to hardcore, I go back to this album.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
oxis

Portugal
128 posts
Posted - 2014/12/29 :  14:01:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oxis's homepage
Favourite movie of 2014: Guardians of the Galaxy, mostly because it was one of the few movies I watched this year lol

Favourite video game of 2014: Didn't play a lot of vydia this year actually, but Shovel Knight is pretty boss

Favourite hardcore song of 2014
: Angerfist & Dr Peacock - Inframan

Favourite hardcore remix of 2014: Weaver's remix of Gang Bang Society

Favourite hardcore album of 2014: Footworxx 11 Years

Favourite non-hardcore album of 2014: Tie between Aphex Twin - Syro and mathbonus - vestiges.

Edited by - oxis on 2014/12/29 14:02:05
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/12/29 :  15:37:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Favourite movie of 2014: I hgave to agree on Guardians of the Galaxy aswell

Favourite video game of 2014: Dark Souls 2 clocks the most of my hours

Favourite hardcore song of 2014: Helblinde - Pretty Girls with Mental Disorders

Favourite hardcore remix of 2014: M-Project vs DJ Sharpnel - Don't Touch the Kore (S3rl remix)

Favourite hardcore album of 2014: - (Got quite a few CDs from 2014, but rarelly any I'd say I like an whole/much of album to qualify)

Favourite non-hardcore album of 2014: Savlonic - RED

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/29 :  19:14:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:

Went to the cinema many times this year but I believe this has to be the best one I saw. Beautifully shot, down-to-Earth despite being sci fi and good effects and music. Usually I find many highly praised movies to be overrated but this one I would highly recommend. You don't even need to be a sci fi fan to enjoy it, I think, considering a large part of it is grounded in actual science (not all of it, mind you).

Yeah, really good. Only film i saw from that year too so got lucky. I'm not into Sci Fi but the fact that it is technically Sci Fi takes nothing away from it whatsoever. Just a good film.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/12/29 :  19:34:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

Yeah, really good. Only film i saw from that year too so got lucky. I'm not into Sci Fi but the fact that it is technically Sci Fi takes nothing away from it whatsoever. Just a good film.

Definitely!

My SOUNDCLOUD

versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2014/12/30 :  11:50:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage
Favourite movie of 2014: How To Train Your Dragon 2

Favourite hardcore song of 2014: Scott Brown - Promise

Favourite hardcore album of 2014: Ain't No Grave

Edited by - versia on 2014/12/30 11:51:08
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/12/30 :  12:28:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

Interstellar is a huge film.

Best Hardcore Album: Brisk Album. That was 2014 right?

Best Meal: I enjoyed some cold, 48 hour old donner meat a few weeks back. I was quite ill the next day, but the actual consumption was a real highlight of 2014.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/30 :  16:31:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
So you're not fussy about your meat. I'll bear that in mind.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/12/30 :  17:12:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

Anything I can get. The thicker the better. The older the better.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/30 :  17:54:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Anything I can get. The thicker the better. The older the better.

that explains why you're so attached to Dean!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/12/30 :  18:52:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

You could have put the whole lot in bold actually mate.

#WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page