Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2015/01/19 :  10:37:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Jesus Christ, to the people who are 'not familiar with his older tunes' please realise that Impact is one of, if not the, most important labels in hardcore. They had 65 releases or thereabouts and you'll be hard pressed to find a dud release between 1991 and 1999. Maximum Impact was nothing compared to the original Impact, do your research if you're not familiar with his stuff!

No. Got more important things to do than look up tunes from 20 years ago. Why does this bother you so much?

It's just one of those facts, you know? It's like being in hardcore but ignorant of the original Bonkers series. If you have a liking for Hardcore, you tend to try and discover more of it, and Impact was one of the big ones.

I got into hardcore around 02/03 when it was all kicking off again after a bit of a slump. At the time I listened back to the older tunes and albums such as bonkers and off yer nut, but I much preferred the newer style of hardcore and still do.

As I said in my op I was never a huge fan of Seduction, so searching for his back catalogue of tunes didn't ever appear on my priority list.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2015/01/19 :  10:43:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I just don't like it when people don't know their history, if you don't know where its been then you don't know where its going...

So... Because I'm not familiar with a retired DJ's back catalogue then I have no idea where things are going? That doesn't really make sense.

As long as I continue to enjoy the music coming out then I'll keep listening. That's all I'm really bothered about to be honest.

HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2015/01/23 :  07:20:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage  Reply with quote
What i don't understand is that people are completely brushing over the fact that CARL COX is doing a hardcore set at this, for the first time in god knows how many years!

That is incredible! I really wanna go but just won't be able to afford it.

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2015/01/23 :  08:14:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by HollowRipper:
What i don't understand is that people are completely brushing over the fact that CARL COX is doing a hardcore set at this, for the first time in god knows how many years!

That is incredible! I really wanna go but just won't be able to afford it.

I know right!, check here http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/tickets/magika-25-years-in-the-game-anniversary/10034662

Says he's doing a 2 hour old school/drum & bass set!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/01/23 :  11:46:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Jesus Christ, to the people who are 'not familiar with his older tunes' please realise that Impact is one of, if not the, most important labels in hardcore. They had 65 releases or thereabouts and you'll be hard pressed to find a dud release between 1991 and 1999. Maximum Impact was nothing compared to the original Impact, do your research if you're not familiar with his stuff!

of all those releases, and I only liked DJ Storm's remix of Sub Dub.

Then you must not have heard DNA's remix of So In Love. Or VG's remix of Holding On etc!

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/01/23 :  12:12:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
you'll be hard pressed to find a dud release between 1991 and 1999.

You're defending DJ Magical 'Cor blimey'? :P

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/01/23 :  12:25:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
you'll be hard pressed to find a dud release between 1991 and 1999.

You're defending DJ Magical 'Cor blimey'? :P

He didn't say it was impossible! I bet you like it though don't you? You like The Big Bang (which would be a great tune if it had no vocal) so anything is possible!

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2015/01/23 13:26:16
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/01/23 :  13:15:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
:D

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page