Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  03:36:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
I still love my happy hardcore, and early UK Hardcore. My problem is, with the lack of regular CD releases, it just became too hard to follow the genre. Another factor that caused a problem is mp3 sites became too flooded with record labels. Too much sifting for gems. I know some labels have legit releases, but many are just...crap releases of pop song remakes.

With the absence of Hardcore CD releases, I've been collecting Eurobeat CDs.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  09:56:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I still love my happy hardcore, and early UK Hardcore. My problem is, with the lack of regular CD releases, it just became too hard to follow the genre. Another factor that caused a problem is mp3 sites became too flooded with record labels. Too much sifting for gems. I know some labels have legit releases, but many are just...crap releases of pop song remakes.

I like it how people complain about sifting through mp3s, when sifting through records where no different, and you couldnt listen to samples (not all stores allowed that!) like on a digital store :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  10:03:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
"He never lost his Hardcore!"
-NRG

http://www.discogs.com/NRG-I-Need-Your-Love-He-Never-Lost-His-Hardcore/master/630873

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  10:09:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

With the absence of Hardcore CD releases, I've been collecting Eurobeat CDs.

following a scene is what radio shows and podcasts are for, by dj`s who make the tunes or regular playing at main events

Edited by - Guest on 2015/03/08 10:10:17
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  11:08:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

I like it how people complain about sifting through mp3s, when sifting through records where no different, and you couldnt listen to samples (not all stores allowed that!) like on a digital store :P

Yes but there was always some kind of quality control involved with vinyl releases. The label had to have more faith in it & the track had to have some kind of lasting appeal to warrant a vinyl release investment.

Hell! I could fart down the mic & have it up for sale quicker than it takes to pull my trousers back up!

Which brings me to anther point. Always remove trousers when recording farts, otherwise the acoustics are all wrong.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  13:32:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

when sifting through records where no different

Disagree completely, but not for the reasons you might think!

it's not because they are Mp3s, or because it was vinyl - it's down to the fact that relatively speaking the amount of people actually making music and having it released on vinyl is so far removed from the amount today.

if the amount of people making music and releasing it was the same as back when we used to sift through vinyl in a shop there wouldn't be an issue

but my kid could randomly mash his face against the keyboard whilst his brother throws the mouse against the wall and the 1 hour 15 minute result could be cut up into 5 minute chunks and released on several pop-up labels under different names. :D

after doing that 239 times and whitewashing the entire genre with it no wonder people are just saying "**** it" :P

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  14:02:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Those that never don't like it as much as you will 'grow out' of it.

quote of the year! :P

seriously though,

Oops. Edited. Hopefully that caused some confusion.

Otsdarva
Starting Member

United States
3 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  14:04:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Otsdarva's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore in the 00's decade was my favorite era, back when Bonkers was still being released and I liked the style of the mainstream back then. That's when I first got into the music and there were so many great tracks and artists and a lot of good memories attached to them for me. In 2011 when a lot of the big artists were changing styles and doing dubcore stuff I lost a lot of interest for a while and started listening only to older hardcore and getting more into Japanese hardcore and less into the UK stuff due to the direction it was going. I still haven't fully gotten back into the new scene but I still love all the old stuff. And as far as I've seen, there's some artists who have remained consistently top-tier throughout time like DJ Darwin. I'll go through phases where I stop listening to hardcore but then I always seem to come back to it later. I've mainly been listening to j-core and other genres for a while now but I still like popping into the UK scene to listen to Hardcore Underground releases

Edited by - Otsdarva on 2015/03/08 14:06:44
Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  15:36:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
Never.... HTID HTiD HTID HTID

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  15:48:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
I wouldn't say i've "grown out" of it... I still listen to the older stuff from 2000-2005. I just don't enjoy much of the newer stuff... not sure why.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  15:50:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

when sifting through records where no different

but my kid could randomly mash his face against the keyboard whilst his brother throws the mouse against the wall and the 1 hour 15 minute result could be cut up into 5 minute chunks and released on several pop-up labels under different names. :D

after doing that 239 times and whitewashing the entire genre with it no wonder people are just saying "**** it" :P

Which brings us to another, somewhat controversial question. Has the digital era done more damage than good? All genres included here. In this day & age of flat pack production, you find many people involved in music (& doing well) that may not necessarily have any right to be there.

I'm not complaining, the digital age has offered me many opportunities, & having had a taste of both worlds I feel able to bring something different to the table.

In comparison to the analogue era, should I be able to release albums? Possibly. Should I be able to charge for them? Certainly not. You have to set your own boundaries & respect your knowledge. I aim, & am confident that one day I will be in a position to release music on a commercial level, but for now I'm studying, learning & respecting the craft & in turn, the people that earned their right to lay the foundations.

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2015/03/08 15:52:57
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  16:14:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't think it's damaged it really,

going through 50 tracks randomly online and enjoying 5 of them is just depressing. it's just made it a bit of a ball ache looking for good stuff - to the the point where some of us don't even bother anymore and just buy HU albums :P

on a more personal note and being straight with you chaps and keeping it real (yo) - sometimes I don't listen to new music simply because it puts me off writing music myself - some of the stuff out there is *incredibly* well done.

so yeah, either depressed because too much shit, and then when you do come across great stuff is just depressing because you didn't make it. :P

</keepingitreal>

Edited by - Triquatra on 2015/03/08 16:15:14
DJ Reevzy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  16:42:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Reevzy's homepage  Reply with quote
Nope...still luving it. Having started listening to hardcore in '96 my main problem with a lot of new stuff is that it just sounds a bit boring...can't get my head around some of the crap being produced by some of the so called big guns.

Even though some of it is tedious, I gota say the whole powerstomp thing has given the scene a bit of a boost...at least the beats are bouncy and energetic...bit like hixxy...well minus the energetic bit :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  17:19:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I don't think it's damaged it really

Damaged may be too strong a word. Lowered the bar?

I honestly believe that a lot of the people pushing tracks these days just don't have the musical talent to be expecting payment for it. Or maybe aren't at the sort of level to be expecting payment quite yet.

Thats not to say there isn't an incredible amount of mind blowing music out there. The past couple of years have been the strongest in a long time.

For arguments sake, the flip side of having such a wide variety of music on the market can make for some new & inventive ideas. No restrictions of wether a label likes it or not. Start your own & have a go by all means, try some new ideas & have some fun, but charging for it. I'm not so sure.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  18:03:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
This is pretty much why I still think the HU main series comps are vital; if it can do what it must then it's a snapshot of much that is worthwhile across the board. Yay, pressure. *folds*

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page