Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HH.com Production Competition 2015 - VOTING CLOSED
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  12:04:17  Show profile Send a private message
Voting is now closed! Thanks to everyone who took the time to get involved & vote :) Competition results F/C..

It's voting time people! Big thank you to everyone who took time to support & get involved in the competition. It's one thing remixing a track but another thing to work with nothing but vocals. The overall standard of production is seriously good so well done to everyone & good luck!

I'd also like to say a quick thank you to my brother Chris, Allison & Bridson for their help in creating the vocals in the first place, & to the boss man Silver for his continued support in allowing us to run these comps/projects. Finally to the guys at HU & Scarred Digital for donating prizes & being generally loveable fellows :)

Quick recap for anyone who missed the previous stages of the comp. We held a lyric writing comp first. Myself, Allison & Bridson went on to create original vocals from the winning lyrics. Using these vocals the producers had to create & submit a track. Now we're looking to find out which is the best & who will win all those lovely prizes :)

Which entry has caught your attention? Who has complimented the vocals in the best possible way? Let's find out! In the interests of fairness, all tracks will remain anonymous until the winner has been revealed. When picking your favourites please bare in mind that the winning track will go onto receive full professional mastering & that there is a real variety in the overall track volume levels :)

How to Vote:

- Exact same voting system as last year guys. I want you to pick your 2 favourite tracks.

- Your FIRST favourite track & your SECOND favourite track. Your FIRST favourite will receive 2 points & your SECOND favourite will receive 1 point. The track that receives the most points overall wins. Simple.

- When casting your vote please clearly state which track is your FIRST favourite & which is your SECOND.

- CHOOSING A SECOND FAVOURITE IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. IF YOU'D RATHER VOTE ONLY ONE TRACK, AWARDING IT 2PTS, THEN THAT'S ABSOLUTELY FINE.

- Send all votes to me through private message or alternatively email to [email protected] before 30th April

Check out the 15 tracks here: https://soundcloud.com/ppfproject

*PRIZES!*

Myself & the guys at Hardcore Underground & Scarred Digital have kindly donated some prizes to the comp. The winner will receive:

- A signed Fracus & Darwin 'Filth & Dumb Hatred' Canvas.
- A signed Fracus & Darwin 'Filth & Dumb Hatred' CD Album.
- A choice of any 2 CD albums from the HU Store.
- A choice of 3 Scarred Digital MP3/WAV Tracks from their back catalogue.
- Professional track and vocal Mastering.
- Track featuring exclusively on the next free members album 'The Past. The Present. The Future 2015'.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2015/05/01 04:29:13
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  13:51:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Can I just say, there's no rush to pick your favourites. It's not an easy thing to do! Please take your time & give every entry some time & attention :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  13:55:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
Awesome! Thanks so much dude :) Really looking forward to hearing all the entries.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  14:12:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Awesome! Thanks so much dude :) Really looking forward to hearing all the entries.

Pleasure! It's great to see everyone got behind the idea & it all came together so well :)

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  15:05:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Just listened to the first 3. There is some excellent talent out there!! Superb!!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  15:23:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Just listened to the first 3. There is some excellent talent out there!! Superb!!

The response to this years comp's been unreal mate. We've got quite a fight on our hands!

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  17:18:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
Could have had a full EP with a few of the entries here, some really decent stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  19:44:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Looking forward to getting some time to listen to all of these

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  19:57:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Looking forward to getting some time to listen to all of these

Turned out to be perfect amount for selecting a winner through votes :) Enough to make a real competition of it, but any more & it would become a bit of a mission to get through!

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  20:09:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Can you vote for just one?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  21:17:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I ****ed up

Edited by - Elipton on 2015/04/10 21:18:39
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  21:22:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

You saying they're all shite except one Rowan?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  21:53:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Haha, no! Just curious!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/04/10 :  23:03:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
some seriously good stuff.. guna have to listen to a few of these over & over :)

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2015/04/11 :  00:57:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage
The majority of these are really good. I really enjoy the handful of tracks that throw back to the early trancecore days in the early 2000's. There's a couple that are both odd and charming, and a few that are just odd. There's a couple that suffer from poor vocal timing that really detracts from an otherwise decent production. There's a few that I otherwise don't care for but have redeeming qualities. There's some that are decent ideas but are a bit under-produced. There is also one or two that I strongly don't care for. Overall, this contest really has the whole gamut here, I'm really excited to see what the results are.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/11 :  07:49:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

Feel free! If anyone would rather choose just one favorite & award that track 2pts then its not a problem.

With such a varied selection & large number of entries I figured its fairer to give 2 tracks a mention. However if there's one track you love & want to give it the best chance of winning then by all means 😊

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page