of 2

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/04/19 :  13:43:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
You'd have thought phone/cable/Internet would be a priority in new builds these days

Alert moderator Go to top of page
jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2015/04/19 :  14:49:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage  Reply with quote
Already answered a thread about how I got into hardcore, but a good memory is showing up to a Stomp! event in Leeds last August drunk.
It was animal themed so there was a bunch of inflatable animals knocking around and I thought I was hilarious giving them piggybacks. I had somehow managed to accumulate a load of glowsticks and had them around all tied up to make a big glowstick necklace. Some woman wanted to wear it so being the PLUR guy that I am I gave it her, then she bought me a bottle of cider. Since the vodka and cider didn't mix right I had to go outside for a bit until my friend (who isn't that much into hardcore, he only likes "Save Me - DS") used me being too drunk as an excuse to leave the rave early.
Because I wasn't exactly in a state to get home on my own I had to stagger back into Leeds center and get the last train home.

I missed the headliners ;___;

But it's a fond memory that I look back on and laugh at.

Comrade_

United States
46 posts
Posted - 2015/04/19 :  15:16:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comrade_'s homepage  Reply with quote
I discovered hardcore through this youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX81VF7mdRM
I remember using that site "youtube to mp3" so that I could get this song on my Ipod.
Not a bad start in my opinion.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/04/19 :  16:07:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Of course, there was none of this in the early 90's when I first started listening to Hardcore....

Haha

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/04/22 :  14:51:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
You'd have thought phone/cable/Internet would be a priority in new builds these days

thether you android phone with the usb cable, and bridge lan, bluray/tv ethernet cables if the internet sharing service does not start

which is how the future will roll with sim free routers when 4g is every where giving bt a run for 20mbs fibre

Edited by - Guest on 2015/04/22 14:54:48
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/04/22 :  15:43:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Currently using a 3g dongle, strapped to the end of a light saber that's sticking out of our bedroom window.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/04/22 :  15:51:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
EE has open 3g, so you can load at max of 8mbs which is 700kbs if the server is good

and if EE network is working

3 is better except for some lame 500mb pack for ?5, ?15 for unlimited data a month, and no proxy blocking every thing

im not sad enough to need 3000 texts, and 4 hrs of telephone calls, if i make 10 calls in a month it would be a good month

Edited by - Guest on 2015/04/22 16:00:43
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/04/22 :  17:33:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
my first rave (which was only 5 years ago :P) is probably going to me one of my biggest memories.
Especially when Triqrutra said that I owed him a beer :P Being to a club all alone for the first time, I would not DARE to try getting wasted (to be able to forget that I owed someone, but then, a new experience makes people act different). But I do remember having tinitus all the way back home to Sweden afterwards :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2015/04/22 17:34:21
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/04/22 :  18:26:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
my first rave (which was only 5 years ago :P) is probably going to me one of my biggest memories.
Especially when Triqrutra said that I owed him a beer :P Being to a club all alone for the first time, I would not DARE to try getting wasted (to be able to forget that I owed someone, but then, a new experience makes people act different). But I do remember having tinitus all the way back home to Sweden afterwards :P

How boring, I was hoping for more chit chat about USB tethering and ethernet cables.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/04/22 :  18:33:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
EE has open 3g, so you can load at max of 8mbs which is 700kbs if the server is good

3 is better except for some lame 500mb pack for ?5, ?15 for unlimited data a month, and no proxy blocking every thing

im not sad enough to need 3000 texts, and 4 hrs of telephone calls, if i make 10 calls in a month it would be a good month

funtimes. I don't have a mobile, so it would be very strange if started talking into the dongle.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/04/22 :  19:26:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:

funtimes. I don't have a mobile, so it would be very strange if started talking into the dongle.

you can get a unlocked xperia j for ?30-40

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=xperia+j+unlocked&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

top notch for your work phone with a gel cover, when your done for everyday use

+you can root them with ease and put in a 32gb internal mem card for phone storage, just rubbish on cpu, and you can physically delete the 1gb of facebook crap on them

Edited by - Guest on 2015/04/22 19:37:35
Jamie

United Kingdom
41 posts
Posted - 2015/04/24 :  07:28:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jamie's homepage  Reply with quote
On a side note, I think that is the key thing about vinyl - it promotes memories!

I can remember where I bought/when I bought/where I was when I bought any one of my records.

Digital music doesn't have the same memories attached for me :-(

Edited by - Jamie on 2015/04/24 07:29:34
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/04/24 :  10:01:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Exactly!

I remember where all my vinyl came from, and the thrill of seeking it out.

Driving miles to pick up some new vinyl holds a lot more memories than clicking on a button on my laptop while sat at home in my underpants.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/04/24 :  13:46:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Being to a club all alone for the first time, I would not DARE to try getting wasted

In case someone tries to take advantage of the drunken foreigner? That's what Triquatra did isn't it? Got you drunk and had his way with you. Then sent you home satisfied.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page