Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
TweekiN

Australia
321 posts

71 hardcore releases
TweekiN has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/02/17 :  17:34:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TweekiN's homepage  Reply with quote
hahaha i agree with silver

www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=228695

The FORCE is strong with this one

Go hard or GO HOME!!

Go hard or GO HOME!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/02/17 :  18:27:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kg4:
I think trixxy was just an alias for someone else, im not sure tho..

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Affliction:
a wonder who it was an alias for then??????????

Trixxy wasn't an alias for anyone, that was his name he produced under. There's a picture of him on the back of the original World of Obsessions - Vinylgroover Guardian Angel sleave and a short description of his career up until that point, even though I don't think he had anything to do with that song. He looked like a comic book nerd, (beard, glasses, and all) but damn, he is a master of music.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

Skyler

107 posts
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  00:18:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Basically all Vinylgroover tunes were engineered by Trixxy, VG paid him to do them all. Vinylgroover then moved to Hard House and paid Trixxy to produce for him yet again..

DJ Affliction

United Kingdom
123 posts

149 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  00:24:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by pacman:
yeah trixxy is the red hed. i agree with affliction he was def one of my favourite producers ever. oh well.... he still does some tracks with vinylgroover, but hard house stuff. each to their own i guess.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Too right he is 1 of the best!!!!!! (post back to pacman)

I didn't know he did hard house now i fought it was just vinylgroover (postin bak 2 virus)

Wot'z wrong with VG he's done some class tunez like:
1)Virtual dreams
2)Time (post bak 2 skyler)

Hardcore u know the score!!!!

DJ Affliction

Everything is random, your probably not ment to read this!!!!!!!!

DJ Affliction

[email protected]

[email protected]

Skyler

107 posts
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  00:35:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Vinylgroover didnt do them, Trixxy did :)

Vinylgroover paid Trixxy to make nearly all his tunes.. if not all of them.

Trixxy was the one who engineered all of them, I am pretty sure he wrote a lot of them too.

Give credit where credit is due :)

DJ Affliction

United Kingdom
123 posts

149 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  00:50:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skyler:
Vinylgroover didnt do them, Trixxy did :)

Vinylgroover paid Trixxy to make nearly all his tunes.. if not all of them.

Trixxy was the one who engineered all of them, I am pretty sure he wrote a lot of them too.

Give credit where credit is due :)

I would give credit were it's due but i need proof

Hardcore u know the score!!!!!!

DJ Affliction

Everything is random, your probably not ment to read this!!!!!!!!

DJ Affliction

[email protected]

[email protected]

vibes is da man
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  01:00:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i dont kno where he has gone? does ne1!

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  08:55:55  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage  Reply with quote
he said hardcore is dead, bu it is interesting to read his aim profile and all the hardcore references and lyrics and such

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  09:22:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage  Reply with quote
Kind of a bummer about DNA he was fookin brilliant.
But if thats what hes chosen to do,I respect him for it.

Same goes for Trixxy and Vinylgroover they both made some
wicked tunes.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  16:30:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by STiWES:
I would like to know?

They started cloning.

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!

Kiro-DNA
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  18:11:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kiro-DNA's homepage  Reply with quote
Hello everyone. Great site you have here, Silver. :)

Special thanks to Spunkie from Playground Promotions for alerting me to this topic..

Some people's comments are pretty accurate, some are completely false.
Lemme get in a little closer....
This is a long post, but if you're at all interested, please read it. It might give some insight into why other people also left Hardcore through the years.

quote:
He just dissapeared and well i was wondering if anyone knoew what happened to him?

I planned a breakbeat-tacular set for Slammin Vinyl and spent 3 months producing exclusive tracks for it. I also spent about $500 on dub plates for the occasion.
At the time, I'd become completely disheartened by modern ravers. When I started listening to hardcore back in 1990, there were none of the distinctions between styles you see today, and none of the ******** that comes with it.
I saw a quote the other day the summed up my feelings pretty well:
"All styles, all persuasions, all under one roof.
Blending up the style's, the music, the people. Get away from all this ******** about my style is better than your style. Let's get everyone back under one roof and back to being one rave nation."

- that was my feeling going into the Slammin environment. I have never fully enjoyed 4/4 kick drums. I'm a breakbeat and bassline person through and through, and hadn't been able to play any music I genuinely enjoyed for several years at that point.
So, I put my money where my mouth was and got ready to take the crowd on a little journey.

I was terrified, I'll be honest. I even had a backup set of 4/4 records in my box in case I chickened out at the last minute. But, I went through with it, and put my first record on the decks.
It started out sounding like it could be a hardcore track.. some floating melodies, filtering breaks.. a sweet little vocal singing "Baby.. I'll take you higher.."
After a minute or two, the breaks filtered out of the record.. leaving only radio static and the sound of a 1990 rave crowd going mental. 30 seconds of that, and the tune drops into some of the funkiest bassline breakbeat madness I ever wrote.
At that point, the place just erupted.
The stage became instantly jammed with MC's fighting for the microphone, dancers who had previously been sitting down had jumped up and were jostling for stage space.. Mark EG, who had another booking that night, stayed right behind me and danced for the whole set, saying he hadn't seen anything like it in years. [That meant more to me than you'll ever know, Mark.]
Myself and MC Jam [my partner at the time] received a booking for the next Raindance party on stage in the middle of the set.. "I want you to do exactly what you're doing right now, at my event" said Richard - who incidently, is one of the last remaining uber-****ing-cool promotors.
I could go on, but you get the idea. The atmosphere was electric.
I mixed some brand new Drum & Bass into the set, a lot of Ram stuff and similar, to break up the vibes and keep everything interesting.. I was having the time of my life up there!
As I was finishing, a well known DJ arrived to take over. The girls accompanying him started dancing to my final tune, and there were hugs all round from people who had enjoyed the experience.
As that DJ put on his first tune [Discoland... ], his girly companions sat down, as did many of the on stage dancers, as did many of the MC's.
I wasn't happy to watch the atmosphere die so suddenly, but at the same time, was very satisfied that what had been a possibly career ending gamble had turned out so well.

Or so I thought.

As soon as I woke up the next day, I went to USH to check on reaction.
A female DJ [now an up and coming name] had ripped me a new ******* for daring to play a set that wasn't comprised of 100% hardcore.

How DARE I play drum & bass in my set! I should have been booked for the D&B arena!
If people wanted to hear breaks, they'd leave the hardcore room.. etc etc.
As people stepped up to defend me, their posts received responses within minutes, their points shot down with negativity.
Anyone that said anything negative was immediately congratulated, of course.

To say I was angry and upset would be a phenomenal understatement.
I had risked 8 years of building up my reputation to try and show the ravers how exciting things USED to be, when the unexpected ALWAYS happened, and every set was a unique and exciting moment of history.

I thought it may calm down, but unfortunately the shit had only just begun.
Few people dared back me up, for fear of receiving a similar treatment. On other websites around the World, people were talking about the Slammin Vinyl 'incident', sometimes positively, sometimes not.. I tried defending myself a few times, but eventually gave up. My heart felt like it had sunk into my knees, and I lost the will to fight.

I didn't enjoy 4/4 hardcore, and I didn't want to continue trying to make money from something my heart wasn't into any more. I'd always said I wouldn't become one of the people who rinsed ravers for every penny they could, so I quit, and laid the DNA name to rest after 8 years of trying to reach the top.

Yes, I said some nasty things about raves and ravers in the months following that decision. A lot of it was anger and sadness being vented in a nasty way. I do regret a lot of the things I said, and appologise to everyone I upset in those moments of my life. We're all going to regret saying or doing stupid things at some point, but few people have their words taken and displayed on websites, to show how much of a bastard they are.

BUT HERE'S THE MOST AMUSING POINT: A few years later, and the same people who demanded my execution for daring not to play Hardcore in the Hardcore room were passionately defending Hixxy for using Trance elements in his new Hardcore.
The only way Hardcore will ever grow, they said, is to expand and accept new ideas.

Laugh? I almost cried.
quote:
he does not like hardcore anymore and hasn't for quite some time.

To be specific, I didn't like the sound Happy Hardcore had evolved into.
I have always been, and always will be, a massive fan of the original Hardcore sound, style and vibe.
The current trend towards Euro Pop Trance Hardcore may appeal to some, but definately not me.

quote:
I thought he got booted out of the US and then gave up hardcore?

That is a rumour without any grounding in reality. I left the US for several reasons, none of which need to be repeated here.
Oh, I'm still waiting for many of my paychecks to arrive, if people reading this who owe me money would like to get in touch.

.. and pork might soar..

quote:
those Virus X releases were class..

Oh, thank you very much! They were produced for an album Alphamagic contracted me to write. They only paid me 1/3 of what I was due, and never released the album, or any more tracks from it.
They also haven't paid me anything earned from the Virus X releases.

Infected Logic is the name of my recording studio business in California.
Despite the best efforts of some people to skip paying me what is legally mine, I have assembled a beautiful studio with the help of generous friends.

The aim? The make music without boundries, limits or expectations.
If Silver would be interested, I'd be delighted to send Happyhardcore.com CD's and merchandise for competition prizes, as well as a note to tell him when the new website goes live. ;)

Thanks for reading this far, and a really big thank you to those that remember me and liked the music I made when I was younger.
When I was at my lowest, I did wonder if I had wasted 8 years of my life for nothing. 2 years after leaving the Hardcore scene, people still ask where I got to - which is the greatest thing any artist could ever wish for.

Thanks for reading so far, too. ;)
-DNA / Kiro

Oh... about the new name.. well.. I'll save it for another post. :-P

________Music. Advanced.

Edited by - Kiro-DNA on 2003/02/18 18:19:55
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  18:57:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow ... probably outing myself as a newbie here but that's the first I've ever heard about the Slammin' Vinyl "incident" and if it's as you say then that's ****ed. Normally this whole debate on styles and whatnot is just annoying, but when the same kind of narrow-mindedness costs the scene a talented artist, it sorta gets you thinking.

Oh, and anyone who skipped the long-ass post on your way here, I hereby order you to scroll back up and read it. All. Now, dammit!

CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  21:32:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage  Reply with quote
Kiro: Wow man, that is completely phucked about those closed-minded kids not knowing what's up...really sorry about that BS. You are way above them though, I mean you're virtually a god to half the people on this site and in the hardcore scene. Thanks for everything, especially all the great tracks! Sucks about those *******s not paying you for those Virius X tracks because they really were totally class! Again, those kids didn't know anything and respect for being original.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  21:35:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage  Reply with quote
well i was gonna start my own topic to honour my achieving 500 posts, but instead i thought i'd use my 500th post to give props to DNA for speaking his mind and telling us all how he feels. i agree about the segregation of styles now. just look on the front of that mixmag brisk & mc storm cd "no chipmunk vocals". for a style that's always been about "whatever goes", we seem to have a lot of attitude now about what's good and what's not. and yeah if you didn't read DNA's post, go ****ing read it!

good shit man! i'll now be looking out for music you've been making. keep it up.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/02/19 :  01:54:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow!!
I'm without speech

*stands up and applauds Kiro-DNA*

You stood up for what you believed in. Its takes balls to do that.

Ohh and pacman, congrats on the 500 posts

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page