Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Looking for feedback
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
TugBoat
Starting Member

United States
15 posts
Posted - 2015/04/27 :  18:17:01  Show profile Send a private message  Visit TugBoat's homepage

Just wondering what you guys think. Also if the levels are off. Im not the best at mixing/

Alert moderator
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/04/27 :  18:55:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
The simplest way of putting it is that Hardcore is kick-drum led. It's driven by that key element. Work on building a strong kick, balance it with a nice bassline. Construct some percussion (hats and stuff) around it so you have a nice sounding kick, percussion and bassline mix. Then add the synths of the leads and other sounds to fit within that mix, but not take it over. The magic of synths such as supersaws is that they don't need low frequencies. You can high pass filter them and they can sit nice and shiny in the mix.

As I say, the easiest solution to a mix down worry is to start at the basics. Build a kick and bassline that work together. Detail it with other percussion, and then add synths and stuff. Often, people start with a lead and try and build a track around that. If you have a nice lead, save it and open a new project. Build up the foundation, and then open your lead project and copy the piano roll blocks from that project into the foundation project. You can do that in Fruity Loops which is very helpful.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
TugBoat
Starting Member

United States
15 posts
Posted - 2015/04/27 :  20:04:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TugBoat's homepage
Thanks seems like ive been doing it in the opposite of the order you described. ill try that order on my next track.

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2015/04/27 :  21:17:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
Melodically there is definitely something "happy" going on, yet It's not really saying anything other than that to me. Before thinking of mixdowns I would suggest working on a bit of composition. Then, work on sound selection. This'll make mixdowns much easier.

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page