Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Has anyone here heard of Hardstep?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Stevie c has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  06:22:50  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Now I like Jungle but not D&B I like Hardstep over Drum and Bass the breakbeats and rythmic hi hats are more in control than Phat bass and big drums. Does anyone else know what I mean?

Your into the sound of Rebellion

Alert moderator
fazza
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,126 posts
fazza has donated money to the site fazza has attended 9 events
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  06:29:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fazza's homepage
no mate cant say i have the slightest idea what hardstep is!! lol

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  06:35:12  Show profile  Send a private message
yes I do
But that's just coz they have hardstep parties all the time here

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  06:37:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Man, I am going to send you a tape so i know I am not a loony!!
Also just clocked your on 480, Fazza is also nearly at the advanced stage go fazza!!
Back to the thread!! When old skool started breaking up, a lot of jungle and darkness dominated the scene, before proper pure D&B was created. From this came two genres, D&B is now the biggest but if you hear Jungle that sounds more like old hardcore than D&B that's hardstep. Its frantic and the hihats virtually never stop. Please someone say they know what I mean!!

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  06:39:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Yippee!! Junglist angel to the rescue!! You replied before I finished typing the last post!!

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  09:01:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
Yes I know what you mean.....I believe i understand music genres rather well myself....but on this forum everyone goes with the just call things by there main genre name.
However I myself am a bit like you I do like D&B put prefer Jungle anyday it's more oldskool style offers more to me .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  10:42:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
In the US it's called Techstep, and it's actually the dominant form of dnb here. Sometimes it can be really boring if it's not done right but some tracks mix incredibly well with freeform and harder-edged hardcore

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  10:44:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage
Old-Skool dnb/jungle is the sh!t.
Good stoner music too,Dj Randall spins some phat beats man.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  11:37:52  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Lixx:
In the US it's called Techstep, and it's actually the dominant form of dnb here. Sometimes it can be really boring if it's not done right but some tracks mix incredibly well with freeform and harder-edged hardcore

I've heard techspet in the US. But Hardstep is different. Not the same.
Unfortunatly I always have a very hard time explaining musical styles. I can hear em, but talking about them and how they are formed... I need to work on. But in any case, they are 2 different styles

Edited by - junglist_angel on 2003/03/05 11:39:37
ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  15:26:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
Hardstep
Techstep
Jazzstep
MysticStep
2Step
Darkstep
etcc...

Hardstep A term borne out of Grooverider's seminal 1995 LP - "Hardstep Selection." Usually simple tracks with deep grinding basslines and minimal or simple breakbeats. jazzstep Another sub-genre for those artists who took in jazz influences for their productions. Originated with Alex Reece but more recently publicised by Bristol's Roni Size & Reprazent and 4 Hero. Still a style going strong.

Edited by - ultraskool on 2003/03/05 15:28:43
CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/03/05 :  23:24:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lixx:

It's a bit different and I believe they call techstep techstep in the UK as well. Hardstep is a little more hard (well duh) then regular techstep, though hardstep did develop and evolve from techstep.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

http://www.hardcorps.org

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/06 :  01:49:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Techstep is deffinatly Techstep, In the Uk as well as US, but I thought that came from Hardstep, Which I admit I forgot Grooverider was well involved in setting up as well as Nikki Blackmarket (Who kicks ass!!) I mean I remember Grooverider, Carl Cox and Slipmatt all as Hardcore Dj's, I am sure its that way around.

Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2003/03/07 :  07:52:42  Show profile  Send a private message
alright i really ****ing confused............I love old skool hardcore/jungle/dnb are you saying that hardstep is like that or like 2step cuz 2step makes me feel like the world is coming to an end.....but thats just MY OPINION......i dunno, mabye im just dumb..

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."

chufty

United Kingdom
56 posts
Posted - 2003/03/07 :  09:05:23  Show profile  Send a private message
heard of it...........dont hav a feckin clue wot it is tho!!!!!

i'm just your average hardcore-lovin' boy racer, except 4 being 2 yrs 2 young!

hardcore forever!!

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/03/07 :  14:25:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
Harder than techstep? Hmm, I like the sound of that, though I'm a bit skeptical that we're on about truly different things. Have you heard Dieselboy - projectHUMAN? It is really hard and very percussive, and it's considered techstep akaik. Not saying I don't believe you but do you have any modren tracks or mixes I could hunt down to compare these two genres?

columbo
Starting Member

New Zealand
5 posts
Posted - 2003/06/16 :  04:21:59  Show profile  Send a private message
hard step couldnt be like 2 step coz 2 step is not hard its all strings and female vocals but hard step here is compared to something called tech step wich sounds to me like tech house that breaks but basically brakes is tech house that brakes. but others have implied that they are both just simplified forms of drum and bass (wich i really like the sound of) i have never been more confused in my life has the world gone labell crazy or am i just missing out (im pretty sure its the later) but then im not aaah

some one really smart should post a whole lot of artists and/or trax so we knowhttp://www.HappyHardcore.com/forums/../images/forums/icon_Smile_sp_idea.gif" border=0>

***when we listen to music after it is finished it goes up into the sky and we can never get it back***

Edited by - columbo on 2003/06/16 04:26:19

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page