Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/11/02 :  14:58:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
It's the little victories that oft count the most

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/11/02 :  16:15:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
The missus hasn't told me to (and I quote) 'turn that shit off' yet, so it must be alright ;-)

Wait, she doesn't like hardcore??? Then why the hell marry her???

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/11/02 :  17:45:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
It's not really a case of not liking it, just doesn't want it rammed down her throat every 5 minutes.

(She's the same with Hardcore)

;-)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/11/02 :  19:17:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Worthy of upvote.

CDJay

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/11/03 :  16:23:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
I think "Air" on DJ Tools 4 is awesome. I would've put this on the album instead of "Believe In Something".

How will the hardcore mix of "Only One Of Me" be released, on the next DJ Tools?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/11/03 :  16:51:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We played with all the available tracks and settled on the tracks/order as we all agreed it "flowed" best. Plus, "Air" is a fairly down the line hardcore track and that's for the DJs!

TBH we kind of hoped that most people would get both DJ Tools 4 and Diversions, as that's the best encapsulation of label output for 2015.

The hardcore mix of "Only One Of You" is actually not on the HU label, technically, and is now available to pre-order on iTunes etc.

That said there *is* a 24/96 .wav of it, along with the Never Let Go / Heavyweight remixes, on the USB.

CDJay

Alexbturbo

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2015/11/03 :  21:39:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alexbturbo's homepage  Reply with quote
Only One of Me is on Ambiel Music by the looks of it as I noticed it popped up in the forthcoming section on Juno when I was looking at stuff earlier today.

http://www.junodownload.com/products/fracus-darwin-only-one-of-me/2919885-02/

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/11/03 :  21:59:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
It's absolutely outstanding.

I decided that it's the best hardcore artist album of the last 10 years.

Albums I've bought in that time include:

Brisk
Al Storm & Euphony
Entity
Marc Smith
Re-Con & Demand
Squad-E
Petruccio & Modulate
Darren Styles
Shimamura (twice)
Rescue
CLSM
Darts
At Peace
Transcend
Rhythmics
Ranzor
Kevin Energy
Obie
Qygen
Gammer
Fracus & Darwin x3

These guys for me are the leaders in modern hardcore production. Although a growing number are seeing this, I wish more people felt the same way.

It's cutting edge hardcore with originality and excitement.

Believe in Something is a modern day classic (as is Air). Those two tracks have all the ingredients to please the mainfloor ravers. If Darren Styles or Gammer had made 'Air', the scene would currently be wetting its pants.

Then we have tracks such as 'Music's Hypnotizing' which as described by Lorenzo, is 'textbook Fracus & Darwin'.

As a pathetically keen fanboy, I was familiar with 90% of the material before it was released anyway, so for it will all be about having a play about when I get chance.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/11/06 :  23:10:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
real review

1 ) collide : vocals i love. breaks are always good. not my favorite breaks style but the track is really great. upbeat happy vibe. mmm those vocals ^.^. great start. 8/10

2) blow out part 4 : ( well since most tracks on the album have the bit of breaks or more that i fkn love; that is a constant plus on all tracks for me :p ) pretty cool intro; then absolutely love the piano drop with moar breaks into hardcore. the funky sound in the track works well. solid banger. 7/10

3) believe in something : another solid track; not one that jumps out at me too much. nice current f & d hardcore sound. good vocals; but there are so many good vocals on the album ;) . 7/10

4 ) break these records : ****. FUUUUUCK. god damnit i love this track. seriously has me frothing at the mouth jumping around breaking things. favorite track off the album and my favorite in general in a good while. i think it is perfect. this is the kind of shit i show to people and be like BAM ; prepare for a face****ing. right into the hardcore; crazy intro makes me feel super future; then that drop... good lord. 100% pure banger, dancefloor destroyer . that energy!!!! i can call that spiritual.
that fkn breaks breakdown .... sounds SOOOOO clean; so perfect. then into that awesome future sound....they nailed it. 10/10 ; utter bliss. i need more like this.

5 ) cross the line VS reece : cheyaaa that straight breakbeat track. love it. been a favorite of mine for awhile; and this refined version is damn clean; def like it more. i always love some wicked dnb and this shit has me going crazy again. dancefloor killer. reece's flow is great and it works so good with the track. people have to love this one. i will put this one on anywhere and i bet people will get down :p . even the weird part is good. just more boss ass shit. 9/10

6) no matter what : oh man those vocals <3. what a beautiful track. i dont get how dance music fans across the board cant like this. hands down extremely talented rave music. full of energy. those vocals get me hard. so much sing along. what a solid breakdown as well. absolutely killer. 8- 9/ 10

7) more than i can take : YESSSS. so cool!!! this track makes me happy. what a cleaaaan sound. so many props. absolutely love it. this is quality. seriously. they are blowing my mind across the board. was not expecting anything like this liquid bass <3. grooving so hard. this is top dnb. darren and gammer at edc? pshh book f & d on the bassrush stage. 9/10

8) music's hypnotizing : what do you know. ANOTHER banger. a few seconds in and my grin is already large. and it just gets larger. more sing along LOVE. damn this album has my vocal needs covered i have been needing to shout along to some solid hardcore for so long; THANK YOU . such a good track; maximum grooving achieved. and the breaks for good measure :') . solid current HARD hardcore track. super pleased. 8 - 9 / 10.

9) only one of me : ok i can take a break from freaking out ;) . not necessarily my preferred listening music; but damn if this is not a greatly produced track. i can definitely take a breather and groove to this for awhile. they are very talented and it is clearly showing. fracus & darwin deserve WAYYY more recognition. for real. and i would love to think i am not being a biased f & d fanboy; this is actually 100% better than what the other hardcore leaders attempts at other things are. the hardcore version doesnt get me too much better than this one honestly. this is a nice track. 7/ 10

10) heart on fire : another nice track; but for me it is more along the lines of hardcore version of only one of me imo. good track; but doesn't POP out at me like some of these badboys.vocals are cool but some of these vocals just own me. no worries with so much bomb though ;) . do enjoy that weird breakdown though. fracus & darwin are so creative. 6/10

11) loved again : down for more breakbeat ;) . more clean female vocals... i love grooving to breakbeat hardcore. so freakin clean. and f & d own it!. puts a smile on my face. 8/10 every track sounds so current; but still so hardcore...props.

12 ) roar : ok track but not one of my favorites. a for effort though. i like my energy to keep building and building and EXPLODE~! prob my least favorite track off the album;and its not that bad... 5/10

13) stepmania : o man; they can touch every avenue and just make it gold. we are blessed to have fracus & darwin in our scene. literal hardcore saviors. not a hardstyle/ powerstomp fan persay ; but this track has a great melody and good energy. good stompy stompy. can see a large variety of people enjoying this track. 7/10

14 ) join us now : this one is a bit too heavy on the hardstyle/ gabber element for me; but it is pretty clear i like my upbeat; female vocal driven; breaky hardcore love :). 4 -5/ 10.

what a wonderful piece of art by two highly accomplished individuals. i give my highest regards; both intellectually and emotionally. they should pat themselves on the back big time. what a glorious representation of the current elements in our scene. i would be proud to show this as the shining example of hardcore to anybody. this is superb stuff; at a much needed time. something to cherish for the ages <3. i wonder if they can outdo themselves ;)

Edited by - trippnface on 2015/11/06 23:12:56
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/11/07 :  00:31:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Nice review, but I guarantee "Join Us Now" will grow on you when the Blu-ray hits

CDJay

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/11/07 :  02:07:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Nice review, but I guarantee "Join Us Now" will grow on you when the Blu-ray hits

CDJay

haha i don't doubt it !

AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/11/08 :  16:33:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm pretty convinced I make a complete twat of myself at the end of the Blu Ray -_- more so than I do on a normal basis.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/12/05 :  09:04:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Finally picked this up (along with Material). Got a trans-Atlantic flights on Monday to get stuck right into both. Feedback to follow.

quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
As a pathetically keen fanboy, I was familiar with 90% of the material before it was released anyway

Pathetic.

We've done this before, haven't we?

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/12/05 :  13:56:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought it was okay. A few good tracks. Not my kind of music at all.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/12/05 :  16:26:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Finally picked this up (along with Material). Got a trans-Atlantic flights on Monday to get stuck right into both. Feedback to follow.

Transatlantic? Where are you traveling to?

Edited by - latininxtc on 2015/12/05 17:53:35

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page