Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  11:48:25  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Westfest is 10-12 thousand, not 25 thousand! Still very impressive and the biggest rave on the calendar.

H.A.S is worth a trip to Northampton, good vibe and its all 2000-2010 hardcore. There's nothing coming up in London for UK hardcore but I can recommend Sinistry and I Love Hard Beats.

HTID on 3rd Oct is the one to be at, its a 90 min train journey from London but its a new venue with an exciting lineup, can't wait to see what they have in store!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  12:03:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
There used to be Hardcore History but don't think that's running these days and Raindance doesn't seem to have modern Hardcore much any more. United Dance stopped ages ago and Slammin' seem to have stopped doing events in London. Used to be loads of smaller events in Jacks and around there as well but they stopped. Pretty much Freeform or Gabber on the Hardcore front now and the Gabber relies on knowing who to speak to. ;) There was a regular event in High Wycombe (just outside London) called Hardcore Elements but that's gone now too.

Definitely recommend Hard Beats though and they do usually have at least one UK Hardcore set. Of course if Hardcore Underground go back that'll be good and I've heard Sinistry is good but never actually made it down for one. be nice if Slammin' did another event at Alexandra Palace really.

Man I miss Raindance at the SE1 and United Dance/Slammin' events at Bagley's. :'(

gabba is about not giving a **** about the uk, and doing your own thing bringing europe to the uk and just having 1 big scene thats the same

Edited by - Guest on 2015/08/20 12:04:36
DJ SMALOUM

France
423 posts
DJ SMALOUM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  12:07:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SMALOUM's homepage  Reply with quote
i've saw LONDON it's mainly a freeform city

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  12:21:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
aint a nothing city, it has ministry of sound, egg, fabric, electrowerkz

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  12:26:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:

What the fcuk are you talking about?

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  12:31:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

most clubs depends on what the owner likes, before anything else, most of those clubs have shut down, you just have the clubs anyone can book out, besides ministry, you have to be part of the headliner world

Edited by - Guest on 2015/08/20 12:32:05
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  12:43:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

most clubs depends on what the owner likes, before anything else, most of those clubs have shut down, you just have the clubs anyone can book out, besides ministry, you have to be part of the headliner world

Most "clubs" are clubs that don't take event bookings from rave promoters and are absolutely not involved in putting raves on.

Event-specific venues that make themselves available for hire by independent rave promoters do not give two shits about the kind of music that will be played at an event that their venue is booked for. They just want the cheque.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  12:49:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
you can book any club out todo an event, you just have to fill in the form on the website then have some meeting to cover the cost of the doors, electric, drinks, ghetto nights will just add ?1 on the door, the event takes, the club takes all the other money

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  13:00:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

quote:
you can book any club out todo an event

a) No, you can't.
b) You can try, but the average club will not take bookings for Hardcore nights.
c) Even most rave venues - not even "clubs" - will ask you to provide proof of two or three previous nights that you've hosted, as a promoter, where you can convince them that X number of people will attend.

quote:
will just add ?1 on the door, the event takes, the club takes all the other money

What?

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  13:08:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
ghetto nights, no headliners who charge ?400 a hour, so you have to charge ?15 on the door

your mates in the lineup who don`t care if they don`t get paid anything, out of the money you made with your ?1 extra on the door

Edited by - Guest on 2015/08/20 13:08:58
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  13:16:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Event-specific venues that make themselves available for hire by independent rave promoters do not give two shits about the kind of music that will be played at an event that their venue is booked for. They just want the cheque.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true. I know of a fair few that want to have a particular music policy despite not hosting the events themselves. Perhaps not so much the case around London (I've no idea) but in smaller towns round here it seems very common.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  13:21:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I wouldn't say that's entirely true. I know of a fair few that want to have a particular music policy despite not hosting the events themselves. Perhaps not so much the case around London (I've no idea) but in smaller towns round here it seems very common.

Yeah I hear ya, but as you say - very different in London. If a club's financial success hinged on taking the odd booking from event-specific nights - they'd be out of business in an instant anyway in London.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  13:29:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Yeah I hear ya, but as you say - very different in London. If a club's financial success hinged on taking the odd booking from event-specific nights - they'd be out of business in an instant anyway in London.

Yeah I guess it's a different ball game in a big city. So many clubs and so much going on. Out here the few venues that are still around tend to get a reputation for a music style and try to market to that crowd specifically. Hardcore is generally not welcome in most places. DnB, Oldskool etc. you can get away with in a few.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  13:33:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
taking bookings is how clubs gets its club nights and knows what music people are going to pay to get into

DJ SMALOUM

France
423 posts
DJ SMALOUM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/08/20 :  21:25:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SMALOUM's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

good technic for don't be censored m8 "fcuk" "fcuk" "fcuk"

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page