of 3

Author Thread  
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/03/27 :  15:02:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
first, last time i checked 'old skool' referred to tracks from the early 90s, not mid 90s.

second, i've barely heard any US based hardcore tunes on the radio, most of the djs have played UK based up to date hardcore.

and third, if you wanna start a who started what war; we started electronic music so you owe everything to the US and a big up you're butt with a rubber hose so there (my insert of blatant name calling) =P

"we'll delete the weak"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Brian K on 2003/03/27 15:08:19
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/03/27 :  17:36:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by RavinGeordie:
no im right nd u know it, if ur listenin to the radio now u tellin me thats hardcore!!! its blatently trance man.

First, this site is not just an American site, we are international with the UK making up about 50% of the user base.

Second the DJ's on the radio play mostly UK tunes, if I were to guess I would say 90% of it is from the UK anyway and even if it isn't the tracks are based on the hardcore style popular in the UK at the moment.

Last, when was the last time you heard Hixxy or Dougal play live? Go listen to what they are playing and releasing on the labels at the moment and then come back here and comment.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/27 :  18:31:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djnateking:
He's 17, so that's about as "old skool" as he can get.

hey, im 17 and im not a ****ing idiot like this douche. i resent that :) i know my shit!

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...

Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2003/03/27 :  19:41:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kg4:
hey, im 17 and im not a ****ing idiot like this douche. i resent that :) i know my shit!

Shouldn't take it personally kg4, you definitely matured for your age and RavinGeordie just isn't.
And personally it's not his age that shows lack of intellect but he is just...really ignorant and stupid

I'm 41,47727272727273 % insane!!!

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2003/03/27 :  20:54:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
he's just trying to ruffle feathers and he's winning, don't pay him any mind and he'll go away. anyway, i am in the us, and i prefer uk hardcore, the only us label i like is subsonic underground and its run by a uk artist, so in reallity it's not even u.s. hardcore if it's coming from a uk mind. this guy has no idea what he is talking about so let it be.

keep it real
keep it happy
keep it hardcore

respect to the global hardcore massif all over earth...inside!!

dj ritalin

don't stand and stare, just kick your legs in the air

frantic_x

New Zealand
35 posts
Posted - 2003/03/27 :  21:21:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
This is the stupidest thread i have evr read. I love both US and UK hardcore. But correct me if im wrong but the UK pioneered the trance sound in hardcore. One only needs to look at styles and breeze, hixxy, ufo, dougal and see what type of hardcore they are producing today...trance style u twat!!! US Producers like AC SLater are making some wicked hardcore (respect) and labels like SSU amd M&M kick some serious arse.

ALL types of hardcore rock imo no matter where it is made....so go **** yourself raver...(what ever your name is) people like u only bring the scene down, and do us all a favour and dont come back to HHC.com again! Respect to all the hardcore producers around the world!!!

Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/03/28 :  12:51:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kg4:

Apologies, mate.
Stupid comment on my part.

Tricky AB

Canada
398 posts

78 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/28 :  19:24:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I don't care where it comes from...if it keeps my head bobbing then it's all good in my book...

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/03/29 :  04:07:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
Shame the english "Hixxy" whos so good is mainly playing german trance at the moment
:P

I dont think the original discolands english either

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/03/29 :  04:52:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage  Reply with quote
I love Hixxys hard sets that he does,brilliant.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/03/29 :  06:19:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
Another topic in which I would normally feel like making a stupid comment like the goat blowing comment, however I have learned that, this topic has a purpose all be it a Shite one.

All this America, UK, International crap....who does better hardcore etc....the main point here is tunes from 1996 ARE NOT OLDSKOOL .
apart from that this topic is pointless and dead.

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/29 :  09:15:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
first, last time i checked 'old skool' referred to tracks from the early 90s, not mid 90s.

and third, if you wanna start a who started what war; we started electronic music so you owe everything to the US and a big up you're butt with a rubber hose so there (my insert of blatant name calling) =P

"we'll delete the weak"

thats not realy true us invented house but in the 70s kraftwerk made also electronic music

but the statement is very foolish out every part of the world is came good hardcore

You can't see me,because i am the future.

hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2003/03/30 :  03:04:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I would of sed Germany are the electronic music starters with kraftwerk. US was House and "proper" detroit 303 techno. But RAVE IS UK! :)

A Netherlands is like the proper Hardcore sound that the UK Producers heard.

I think it was very daft of the threadstarter to start saying wrong facts....some people have bad enlglish....when you say you hate somthing you don't say IT'S CRAP...you say I THINK IT'S CRAP - it's a huge difference so to RavinGeoridie - **** you ass hole! Music isn't about facts it's about opinions fool!

I personally havn't heard US music yet (I thought most of them were only into rock/metal music)....I don't like the current sound of UK Hardcore - I love the Mid 90s Happyhardcore best (proper cheese hehe)

As for Trance...Trance will probably never die - it hasn't really changed for the last 5 years either (well, to my ears anyway) I can't stand all them radio tracks like DJ Sammy ones - that sort of thing pisses me right off

I think UK garage is crap IMO

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/30 :  03:19:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Virus, I've lost count of the amount of times u've had to correct people on that! (me too once *goes red*, slip of the tongue I swear haha)

and yeah I think this guy won't be coming back in a hurry, dang troll.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/03/30 :  03:57:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
the main point here is tunes from 1996 ARE NOT OLDSKOOL .

I used to think 96 is oldskool, and the reason why is for example "original hardcore 2" has old skool mix, and i think that all the tunes are from the mid 90's, now that kind of thing confuses me...

should i trust force & styles or simon

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page