of 2

Author Thread  
milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2003/03/29 :  14:02:32  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage  Reply with quote
starting: something with niiice vocals or using a couple neato samples before bringing in the drums

ending: something you can play with the high/mid/low so it sounds good and just kind of screw around with it

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/03/29 :  15:53:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
For a old skoolish set i always start with the flip to stand by me on cheddar the remix of boom boom boom by outhere bro's

i know it's a shit tune but it works for me , and i don't have a fave finishing tune but anything people can sing along to, usually remix of love and devotion.

In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperates us.

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/03/30 :  01:29:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage  Reply with quote
I would start with a stomping/anthemic kinda song and finish with either a sing along kinda song or a something really buzzin.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/03/31 :  06:25:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djsuch:
I don't even know what you are all on about. The best DJ in the world is Vinylgroover and the best happy hardcore tune is an old time classic called 'I can't stop ravin' by a German Guy and girl called Dune. All of you who have heard it must totally agree. is there anyone out there in the whole world who has heard it but me. It seems that everytime i ask one of my friends if they know it, they all say no. It is one of the true classic happy tunes and vinylgroover used it a lot in all of his tape packs for dreamscape.
As for tunes which start with a kickdrum and percussion, you are most definately right. They are a load of CRAP!!! Peace to all of you HAPPY RAVERS who still to this day chill to tha oldskool classics, and peace to all the ravers who like the new kind of hardcore. I personally don't like the new style. i think they have ruined the classics by transforming them into dance/trance sort of tracks. Maybe i'm wrong about it but thats the sort of hardcore that you can only buy where i live. If i travel i can get the old tunes but is it really worth it? Anyway, i think that i've blabbed enough about this now so i'll leave ya all in peace for now. Also PEACE OUT to VIRUS coz i totally agree with you. the superman tune is a load of b******s!. HARDCRE WILL NEVER DIE! (i hope so anyway! LOL). peace out.

PEACE, LOVE, N UNITY!!!! HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kin I just say that about 95% of this post was really unnecessary, mate?

As for starting and ending choonz, space odyssey - yes. Def. Love that track, but my friend's got the only copy I have access to so It's not always an option. Superman definitely works - that's a GREAT starting track... BANG! and 'get in to love' force & styles remix (on hixxy's own personal dubplate, no less! ;) )

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2003/03/31 :  10:46:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
My favourite starting tracks of all time have to be -
Dj Brisk - Airhead
RSR - Lifeforce Generator
F&S - Pacific Sun
I usually get harder towards the end of a set (and play harder tunes too!) so go for something like
Brisk & Vinylgroover - Freedom 2 Dance
Equazion 4, or something to sing to like
Tears run cold
You're shining
Time
Eyeopener
Magic touch
You get the idea!

We're dancing wall to wall, all creatures great and small

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/03/31 :  11:16:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage  Reply with quote
Freedom to Dance is a right choon.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2003/03/31 :  11:45:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
It most certainly is my friend!

We're dancing wall to wall, all creatures great and small

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/04/01 :  13:27:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah, freedom2dance and airhead are rockage ;)

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/04/01 :  13:32:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
the original of keep on trying - alchemist. now there's a hell of a tune to start on. anything energetic will do to finish on

--------------------------------------------------
"speeed ios a good subvstitute for accueracy"

DJ Mouse

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page