Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 J-Core Mix Sept 2015
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2015/09/10 :  12:32:19  Show profile Send a private message
I've been planning this mix for a few months now but it's proved to be nothing but trouble. From sourcing the tunes to the actual burning of the CD, nothing but hassle. Still, it's finally in a state where I'm pretty happy with it.

t+pazolite - Plastic Kingyo
Abitan - Take It All
Hyuji - Green Leaves (Shoujo Remix)
DJ 92 - Sing For You
t+pazolite - Yeehaw Nihao
Kors K feat.Yukacco & MC Stone - Big Ship
P*Light - ViViD EMOTiON
REDALiCE - Romance Days
DJ Shimamura - Victoria
Aran - Enchanted Leaf
DJ Shimamura - 4 U Rave And Roll
DJ Necojita - Healthy Monster
Aran - Chopper
Kors K - Party You Up
DJ Noriken - Shoulda Known Better
Kamome Sano - Candy Factory
Hortuna - Sunset Colours
Hommarju - Blue Planet
Pocotan - Spring Has Come
P*Light - Ninja

https://hearthis.at/c6kwjRhv/j-core-mix-sept-2015/ or http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/mortis/play/j-core-mix-sept-2015#.VfGOXRFVhBc

Alert moderator

Edited by - Mortis on 2015/09/11 09:31:31
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/09/10 :  14:44:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
j-core is a mixture of styles and "not ment to be dj'ed" stuff so :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/11 :  08:58:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
No one at all? *sigh*

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/09/11 :  19:46:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage
Downloaded your mix and will give it a listen to on the drive back from work.

I've enjoyed your other mixes, so should be a good listen :)

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/11 :  20:43:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
No one at all? *sigh*

now you know how I feel at times :P

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2015/09/13 :  04:22:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
I must admit I don't listen to many mixes lately. Feels like I have to take out time. Glad I did for this one, though. I admire your mixing and track selection. keeping up with the times takes time! awesome job! ;)

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/13 :  10:56:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djchexmixer:
Downloaded your mix and will give it a listen to on the drive back from work.

I've enjoyed your other mixes, so should be a good listen :)

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my stuff

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
I must admit I don't listen to many mixes lately. Feels like I have to take out time. Glad I did for this one, though. I admire your mixing and track selection. keeping up with the times takes time! awesome job! ;)

Thanks, Jose. I had a few clangers in the mix but I think the end product doesn't suffer too much from them.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/09/13 :  18:30:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
glad i listened to that.
love the track selection; upbeat as fuk j core
some stuff i haven't heard as well
i freakin love T - pazo songs that are silly & happy. think it's much better than his harder stuff.
take it all is an awesome track . technikore track off that album is insane too.
romance days is such a damn good track; good vibes ^.^
noriken current sound is not bad; but alot of the current productions sound weird to me. i want that classic SKETCH! sound back :p
love that Pocotan song; haven't heard that one
and p*light is just consistently killin it haha.

solid mix.
everything i look for in j core tracks; good taste sir ;)
thumbs up

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/13 :  19:21:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Thanks, trippnface. I'm glad you like it. These are some of my favourite tracks at the moment, I'm totally in awe of Plastic Kingyo and ViViD Emotion they're both such amazing and uplifting tracks. Big Ship has to be one of the best of the year for me too, I just wish I knew what they where singing about (saying that though, not knowing what an MC is talking about is kind of a bonus )

I think the Japanese are kicking the UK's ass at their own game, since hearing more Japanese hardcore this year, I've pretty much stopped listening to UK music because it doesn't have the same quality that the Japanese are producing, with the odd exception.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/09/14 :  05:27:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Thanks, trippnface. I'm glad you like it. These are some of my favourite tracks at the moment, I'm totally in awe of Plastic Kingyo and ViViD Emotion they're both such amazing and uplifting tracks. Big Ship has to be one of the best of the year for me too, I just wish I knew what they where singing about (saying that though, not knowing what an MC is talking about is kind of a bonus )

I think the Japanese are kicking the UK's ass at their own game, since hearing more Japanese hardcore this year, I've pretty much stopped listening to UK music because it doesn't have the same quality that the Japanese are producing, with the odd exception.

100% agreed. tons of variety and talent exploding from everywhere; just getting better & better.
lol ya sometimes i wonder how much euphoria i would experience if the lyrics got through; but it does leave it pretty mystical :p. i know people feelin the same way as well about the j core love; hopefully others take some inspiration... speaking of j core;looks like shimamura got booked and i think i am going to have to go ;) jizz!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/14 :  06:17:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
With HU releasing M-Project stuff, this might help the japs to open up more for the western world

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/14 :  06:46:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
It's possible but he seems to have a very western style, same as Shimamura. I think the better music is coming from people other than them, P*Light, t+ etc

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/09/14 :  19:12:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
I have a hard time finding J-Core that I really like. There's something about most of what I find that just doesn't appeal to me, and even when I find something I want it's a hassle to get a copy of it. Honestly I don't understand the hype about J-Core.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2015/09/14 19:13:14
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/14 :  20:39:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
I have a hard time finding J-Core that I really like. There's something about most of what I find that just doesn't appeal to me, and even when I find something I want it's a hassle to get a copy of it. Honestly I don't understand the hype about J-Core.

Each to their own. I was never particularly enamoured with it in the past but having spent a lot of this year listening to it they really are making some amazing hardcore. The shipping cost is a massive pain in the ass but delivery is really fast these days (depends where you buy from I suppose). One of the major gripes I have with the CD's is alot of the time I'm buying for just one of two tracks because the rest is made up of trance or gabber etc.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/15 :  04:53:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:

To be honest, most of the j-core IS crap :P
I got about 30 discs, and I probably like at most 3-5 tracks per CD (out of 12-15 tracks). But the tracks tend to be worth it.

Of all japanese artists, Minamotoya seems to be one that's most worth listening to. He makes some very varied stuff (tho he is stuck in the dubcore trash atm).
Shimamura has made some very good attempts on making happy hardcore, but i never got into his 2009 or later stuff. To be honest, in my opinion, he's the Gammer of Japan, getting to much attention than he's actually worth :P
M-project is another artist doing more work with westerners. I really liked his Makina stuff and I will take a proper listen to his powerstomp stuff as soon as I get to order his CDs from HU.
All other artists just sounds the same to be anything unique. Does P*Light still make that overly sweet stuff? does REDALiCE ever make anything but Touhou CDs?

Edited by - Samination on 2015/09/15 04:56:11
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/09/15 :  05:56:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
tried to get into j-core a few times, but like the other lad says, just cant seem to enjoy it, find it rather boring, bar the odd track here n there, same as freeform.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page