Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Helter Skelter sets
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/09/29 :  21:51:39  Show profile Send a private message
Does anyone still listen to tape packs? Most sets are on YouTube nowadays, which makes life slightly easier when trying to listen to a few back-to-back.

Anyhow, what are your top three Helter Skelter tapes/sets? I'm feeling nostalgic!

Alert moderator
Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2015/09/30 :  18:33:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
I've got most the helter skelter hardcore 12 packs from 1996 including the void club tour in Stoke from 1998 I think, so hard to pick my top 3 sets but hixxy imagination New Year's Eve 1997, he plays loads of tracks in this set and some quick mixes, then any sy set really, sy never played a bad set, his decadance set from October 1999 was class.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Posted - 2015/09/30 :  23:37:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
Funny you should mention Imagination. It was the Supreme set from that event that inspired the post. But, yes, the Hixxy set is boss.
The Sy Energy 97 & 98 sets are amazing, too!

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Posted - 2015/10/01 :  07:13:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
his decadance set from October 1999 was class.

Yes! Those 99 sets where he used to cain All I Need!

Edited by - Mickey Init on 2015/10/01 07:14:44
Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2015/10/01 :  23:19:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
I'm going to listen to the supreme set from imagination right now, I've been listening to a lot of hardcore heaven sets from 1996 today, mc storm was brilliant back then,

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Posted - 2015/10/02 :  16:38:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
How was the Supreme set? The bit round about half way (Side 1>Side 2) is sweet in't it? There's about 4 or 5 bangers one after the other.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/10/03 :  11:53:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Does anyone still listen to tape packs? Most sets are on YouTube nowadays, which makes life slightly easier when trying to listen to a few back-to-back.

95% of them are of an unlistenable sound quality though. Nothing like listening to the actual tapes.
But yes, i do still listen to them. It's my favourite way to listen to Hardcore although my tolerance for MC's isn't what it used to be.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/10/03 :  20:51:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Yeah I have a few tape packs but I haven't listened to any in years! as I don't have a tape deck anymore! would love to get my hands on a tape deck to blast a few out for old times sake

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  09:53:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
95% of them are of an unlistenable sound quality though.

Yeah, agreed. It's just I kept bringing my tapes and vinyl along with me every time I moved house. It became a real pain in the arse so in the end I just sent them back to me ma's and I now make do with YouTube. Not the same, agreed, but it meets a need.

quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
would love to get my hands on a tape deck to blast a few out for old times sake

ebay, lad. I bought a Technics one about 3 years ago just to listen to the aforementioned tapes. It cost me a fiver and the thing would survive a plane crash. I spent more on tube fare going to pick it up but the thing is faultless.

What's the format these days? Do they still do CDs or is it purchasable mp3s? I see some
DJs put quite a few up on SoundCloud.

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  16:15:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
Loved that supreme set, also listened to dj vibes New Year's Eve progression set, that's a brilliant set.

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/17 :  15:23:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
Not sure how easy itll be to find as it was posted a good while ago, but on facebook theres a group called something like 'who wants helter skelter to return' and in that group somewhere tjeres a post that has links to download every single set from every helter event ever, Ill see if I can find the link.

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2015/10/26 :  21:15:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
Found it, logged into my gmail account on this freshly built PC and all my bookmarks from ages ago came back :)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/who-wants-helter-skelter-to-return/helter-skelter-mp3-packs/550455191682638

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/10/26 :  21:28:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
Found it, logged into my gmail account on this freshly built PC and all my bookmarks from ages ago came back :)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/who-wants-helter-skelter-to-return/helter-skelter-mp3-packs/550455191682638

Pissflaps. The content isn't available :(

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2015/10/27 :  12:54:14  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
My 3 favourite Skelter sets:

Brisk @ Anthology March 97 with an amazing MC Storm, literally the best hour of music I've ever heard

Kenny Ken & Stevie Hyper D @ Energy 97, so so good

Scorpio @ Human Nature June 98, great time for the Technodrome, every tape from this pack is spot on

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
Posted - 2015/10/27 :  18:09:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

I believe you need to be a member of the group in order to get to it mate.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/10/27 :  18:27:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

I believe you need to be a member of the group in order to get to it mate.

I swear I was a member? It's pending now anyway. Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page