Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Chart/well known music remixes/covers
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  20:49:40  Show profile Send a private message
Ok i've been thinking of writing this thread for a while and to be honest, it's the recent Bieber debacle that has prompted the action on my part, although like i say it's been on the cards for a while. You know when you hear a new track for the first time and think "wow this is a really good vocal" and think it must be taken from somewhere else because it's too good. Or even when its flat out blatant like ravers choice 6 "Hey Jude" I mean in nineties it was done with everything but that was part of happy hardcore, i loved the hey jude remix because i thought the beetles original was boring pile of shite and i liked how disrespectful the remix was. It's not something that has changed too much today to be honest and they tend to be a little less cheesy but they still happen.

I will say i'm a total hypocrite when it comes to this subject because i'm one of the first to go off the deep end at a poor blatant chart remix and i think in all cases, knowing a lyric is from another track does cheapen the remix for me, even if it's awesome. I do however love a good remix that is well done and makes sense musically. Let me give you some examples;

Hardcore underground 3 disk 1: Ham - Scream your heart out. Was absolutely disgusted by this one.
Clubland hardcore 7 - Barbara streisand Mob remix
There's even a track that has the lyrics from chilli peppers by the way and it's pretty much a breakdown and then a drop of twisted noise that has nothing to do with the tune of the original but hell there must be loads of them on the pc i just can't sift through (didn't realise how hard that would be).

Some chart remixes are just so cheap and like i say have a tune so detached from the track it's ripping off that they are terrible. Others are really good until you discover the original lyric and like i say it ruins the remix for you (concrete angel for example). my Hypocrisy comes in when i find tracks that display all of the above and i like them like;

Kyle Wycthwood - Frozen. Pitch that one up to 180 bpm and it's bloody awesome (maybe not if you hate Frozen though)

Some covers are incredible though and do a great job of turning a boring song around like Joey Riots Skinny love. He took a depressing and pretentious piece of crap and turned it into a belter. God there are too many to list but i bet you get my point, what do you think of remixing chart stuff? I think if it's good it's good but shite will always be shite.

Alert moderator
Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  21:12:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage
I've often wondered this. Being that I usually don't like chart based remixes for the reasons you said about them sounding cheap, but some are quite epic when done right!

One for me is Beatfreakz - Somebodys watching me (dougal & gammer remix)

And does this count? ;) https://m.soundcloud.com/dj-gaz-mace-e/we-had-it-all
A remix I was working on but never finished of Breach - we had it all. But it was kinda just slapped together and never really progressed with it as i lost interest in it.

"you ain't headlinin' if you ain't redlinin'!!"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  21:43:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Pretty much spot on there.

Some I like, some make me want to break stuff!

A good vocal is a good vocal though, wherever it comes from. It's usually the tune that's built around it that sways me.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  21:54:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Re-con's remix of Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness is fucking brilliant

As for Ham's Scream Your Heart Out, absolutely love that track. What is that a cover of though?

And here are some past threads talking about this subject and listing examples

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=58745
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=43185

As far as the Bieber remix that Gammer did, I loathe the idea that he felt the need to remix a song sung by an insufferable cunt, but I can be completely unbiased and say that it's a well-made remix. And while I know who Justin Bieber is, I'm not that familiar with his music unless someone brings it to my attention. So I could have enjoyed that track so much never knowing that was him singing, now I hate myself for liking the track lol

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  21:57:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
As for Ham's Scream Your Heart Out, absolutely love that track. What is that a cover of though?

Rooftops by Lostprophets. Less said about the better after what the lead singer did!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  22:01:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

Rooftops by Lostprophets. Less said about the better after what the lead singer did!

Just googled it. lol damn that sucks, I wonder how Hamilton felt after finding that out! Still doesn't make me hate the track!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  22:11:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I deleted/got rid of everything by them as soon as I heard about it.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  22:18:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:

Well I got just that one Ham cover and it ain't going anywhere. Not Ham's fault the lead singer's got a thing for prepubescent disgusting but innocent children.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2015/10/04 22:26:40
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  22:22:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Ham did what!!!!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  22:27:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Ham did what!!!!

lol sorry about that. I first thought I needed to change that because it sounded like I was saying Ham at first, then I just made it worse .

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  09:52:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:

i used to love fake sound of progress. cant listen to it anymore tho knowing what he did.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  11:33:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I would prefer the movie version vocals of Let it Go

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  14:07:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Divine Inspiration-The Way (Breeze & Styles Remix)

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  14:09:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I would prefer the movie version vocals of Let it Go

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2015/10/05 14:12:12
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  22:28:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Ryan Kore & Chaos - Finally Found
Ryan Kore - Being Loved
Sy & Al Storm - Haunted
Owl City - Fireflies (Technikore Remix)

Some recent ones which have been done extremely well.

Special mention to Torn (Breeze & Styles Remix).

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  22:51:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
vibes and all the madonna tracks

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page