Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  15:36:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
On that note, who the effin ell is Stonebank

Modulate

wait; seriously? stupid.

track is ok though. if everyone loves it so much though they should love all they other much better hardcore tracks around. once you have that many followers; anything gets 100% publicity and basically there are enough people to shit a brick over it no matter what. people will like ANYTHING at that point. seriously think most people just like what is big or popular.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - trippnface on 2015/10/05 15:39:18
Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  15:53:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
On that note, who the effin ell is Stonebank

Modulate

wait; seriously? stupid.

track is ok though. if everyone loves it so much though they should love all they other much better hardcore tracks around. once you have that many followers; anything gets 100% publicity and basically there are enough people to shit a brick over it no matter what. people will like ANYTHING at that point. seriously think most people just like what is big or popular.

I competly agree with you there. For many years I've always thought that people who are really established and are a house hold name, tend to not work so hard at making a great track, there are exceptions of course but when there throwing out songs, knowing people will listen/buy there songs as they have a huge following. Rather like chart "fart" same continuous dribble and people will buy it. Where as an artist or dj or anyone for that matter, has to create something really good or special to get noticed, but they put there blood sweat and tears into a track simply for the love of the music, and therefore why I find most decent tracks these days are by new people you've never heard of.

"you ain't headlinin' if you ain't redlinin'!!"

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  16:11:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

I believe that Gammer has repeatedly tried to get signed to Monstercat and has had no luck.

lol that's funny.

You can be a real prick sometimes. It's not really funny is it? I think it would be good for the music if we got more stuff on labels like that. Certainly won't do much harm.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  16:46:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I believe that Gammer has repeatedly tried to get signed to Monstercat and has had no luck.

Probably because they are monstercat not copycat

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  17:36:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
most people just like what is big or popular.

I have no choice but to whole-heartedly agree, it still amazes me how much trend affects someone's music taste.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  17:54:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol that's funny.

You can be a real prick sometimes. It's not really funny is it?

I guess I can understand your confusion seeing as how I had my 'lol' followed up by "that's funny." I'm sure more people were confused about my feelings about that post...

But to clarify yes it is funny (to me at least) that he is trying to release tracks on a label that gives little to no attention to its minuscule hardcore side of releases. Going through the Beatport store, I could only find about 3 hardcore tracks that are up for sale among the over 600 tracks I skimmed through. One of them was even mislabeled as hard dance, which is what the site usually labels hardstyle. Perhaps I skimmed through it too fast and missed a couple, but even then it's clear they focus the majority of their efforts on releasing all other genres such as electro house and dubstep.

I do think it's odd that the label didn't bother releasing his remix of Hero by Pegboard Nerds considering how well-produced it is, and the label allowed for other remixes of that track to be released on their label. Maybe perhaps they think Gammer is too big of an artist for a label like Monstercat, who seems to focus more on giving opportunities to virtually unknowns in the industry? But yes for remixes of Monstercat tracks, I think they should consider releasing Gammer's stuff. Although if this is original hardcore work that he's trying to push out, he has his own label that he helped launch with others as a platform for that.

Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  18:24:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage  Reply with quote
Well presumably gammer is still producing more than just hardcore, as wasn't he producing hard dance under his real name matt lee? I heard that Andy whitby had signed him, so I imagine he has far more to rely on and like you said has his own labels anyway.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  19:06:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz mace-E 1988:
Well presumably gammer is still producing more than just hardcore, as wasn't he producing hard dance under his real name matt lee? I heard that Andy whitby had signed him, so I imagine he has far more to rely on and like you said has his own labels anyway.

Is that you in your avatar pic, or someone else?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  19:11:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Steady on Stevo...

Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  19:11:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes indeed. My uncle glen leigh is a photographer and we did a few portraits. Why do you ask?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  19:18:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Steady on Stevo...

lol shush you!

quote:

Yes indeed. My uncle glen leigh is a photographer and we did a few portraits. Why do you ask?

I was caught off guard on how professionally done the pic was and thought maybe it was a bigname hard dance DJ I didn't recognize. Usually the avatars of personal pics I see on here aren't that professional looking.

Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  19:42:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Steady on Stevo...

lol shush you!

quote:

I was caught off guard on how professionally done the pic was and thought maybe it was a bigname hard dance DJ I didn't recognize. Usually the avatars of personal pics I see on here aren't that professional looking.

That's quite a compliment thankyou! I'm on Facebook with the same picture (my normal name being Gary macey)I was working on an album a while back called Under The Influence, but sadly other responsibilitys took over and I had to abandon the project. Tho there are other photoshoots on my Facebook when we were experimenting with album cover ideas, which I can always share if need be. Thankyou tho its not every day you get told such a thing! Rather made my day haha

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  20:41:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol that's funny.

You can be a real prick sometimes. It's not really funny is it? I think it would be good for the music if we got more stuff on labels like that. Certainly won't do much harm.

he would have more chance of being signed to virgin

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  21:23:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
Hopefully Gammer or someone will release on monstercat soon

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  21:28:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol that's funny.

he would have more chance of being signed to virgin

As a pilot

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page