Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
E.N.D

United States
62 posts
E.N.D has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/04/30 :  17:59:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit E.N.D's homepage  Reply with quote
I was at a wedding once and the dj was ****ing rocking the cdj's!

that's my 2 cents

hahaha

enD///Go Crazy! You Know You Want to...SING IT LIKE A LADY!///GOODFELLAZ 2003

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2003/04/30 :  18:56:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"Actually, most of the CD jocks I have seen have many tracks that are burned. And they are, for most part, NOT tracks they made themselves"

So? I have loads of tracks on CD, some I've paid for and some I've been given by labels or artists. I don't even DJ.

I suspect those DJs have got those tracks from the label or artist w/ permission for the most part, I don't doubt that commercial club DJs do otherwise but especially w/ upfront material I think it would be pretty cocky to play out material you shouldn't have in such a closed scene. Such things would be VERY potentially damaging to a DJs reputation and chances of getting any new material in the future.

CDJay

"Are Eph You?"

Broken

United States
145 posts

34 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/04/30 :  20:26:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
^^^
Well, I don't need to sit here and argue with you cuz you're obviously not wanting to hear what I'm saying... which is basically that most of the cd jocks I've seen spin burned cds... as in stolen music. I'm not like lying or making it up or anything... it's what I've seen and it makes me sick.

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  01:21:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
You have a point, but lets say that I want something from vinyl on CD - I have to rip it. That is perfectly legal if I own it.

No doubt illegal audio (being played etc) is not cool.

But you do say MOST, and not all. Cut the rest of the CDJ's some slack dude.

-=[ryg0r]=-

Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Exhile has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  02:50:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage  Reply with quote
Just a quetion as im gonna be getting a cd deck soonish. Where can i get cd singles from online?

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  05:46:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage  Reply with quote
Just my personal opinion:

CDs will NEVER ever replace vinyl. Vinyl has a very personal feel about it - it's a very personal media. Everyone's records are different - they all have litle idiosyncracies about them and they're irreplacable - a CD can be copied, a CD can be burned - records are records - they're very hard to manufacture for personal use (unless you own a vinyl cutter) and they can gather much sentimental value (as well as monetary - ever seen a CD with two tracks go for $50?) and, as a whole, outlast CDs.

Furthermore, CD decks just can't replicate the LOOK of a true vinyl deck - something is so insanely cool about a picture of a guy standing behind his 1200s, party lighting reflecting off the shiny parts - and the turntables look MASSIVE - they take up SPACE. They have the industrial look to them that I feel defines raves.

That's my two cents. Sorry if I sound like a moron.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  07:09:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Doubt that CDs will ever totally replace vinyl. difference in my opinion tho is that I don't believe either format or method of DJing is immortal.

It's all very well talking about the benefits of vinyl mixing, but hey it's never going to change is it. Is anyone really short sighted enough to believe that vinyl will NEVER die? In 100 years time u think people will still be DJing off vinyl? That's not a Vinyl vs CD point, I suspect CDs will stop being used before vinyl simply because the average CD listener or DJ will actually embrace new technology rather than blindly ignoring all possibilities and screaming "vinyl 4evaah"

Also, for those who are convinced that CD releases destroy the universe, CLSM, Quosh & Camel ( as well as a few others ) do CD releases and they are selling fine on vinyl too. In fact some labels will actually be pushing CDs harder than vinyl in the near future, and those who insist on only buying and listening to vinyl will miss out on hearing and being able to play a not inconsiderable number of tunes.

CDJay

"Are Eph You?"

Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Exhile has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  07:37:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage  Reply with quote
Just another question right.

What about MD and MP3

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus

DJSHINE

United Kingdom
92 posts

25 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  07:38:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
ok then. This arguement has gone abit off track to what i first posted , but people are arguing about DJ's playing copyed cd's which is ment to be stolen music.(yer its true its stolen music) but i live in england and i work for a DJ company around my area and its not allowed to play any sort of copyed cds. So were ever you have seen dj's playing copyed cd's is wrong because you can get bang up for it in england and none off the dj's at the company i work at use coped cds and other companys dj's don;t use copyed ones.
Dj Shine

Ur bonkers ...get in to hardcore now ! ! :D

DJ SHINE

DJ SHINE

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  08:00:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"So were ever you have seen dj's playing copyed cd's is wrong because you can get bang up for it in england and none off the dj's at the company i work at use coped cds and other companys dj's don;t use copyed ones."

I'm sure some people do DJ tracks they shouldn't have off CD, but then again I'm sure some people play stolen vinyl as well.

There is only one solution to piracy, don't release anything, ever.

CDJs have done far more good than harm, if you don't believe that much you are woefully uninformed.

edit: To answer your original question DJShine, tbh I'd suggest getting a pair of decks for now, and a single CDJ. Later you can always add another CDJ if you want to play an entirely upfront set, and most clubs will have both options available

CDJay

"Are Eph You?"

Edited by - CDJay on 2003/05/01 08:11:46
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  09:51:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
with the advent of turntablism, beat juggling, and scratching, i serioulsly doubt vinyl would ever go away permenatly.

DJSHINE

United Kingdom
92 posts

25 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  10:24:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i think i will use cd decks more because i have to use them at work , but i will keep my turntables because then i can use them in my spare time and inprove on them incase i ever need to use them in the furture.
Dj Shine

DJ SHINE

DJ SHINE

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Dave Murray has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  12:16:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
with the advent of turntablism, beat juggling, and scratching, i serioulsly doubt vinyl would ever go away permenatly.

Yeah, exactly wat i think, and u cant beat the *Smell* of new Vinyl.

This is a place for crazy people......But im not crazy

DJSHINE

United Kingdom
92 posts

25 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  12:24:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i have heard that alot used on here about the fresh smell off new vinyl.
I carnt say i get this smell .
Dj Shine

DJ SHINE

DJ SHINE

DJ_Cosmic
Average Member

United Kingdom
237 posts
Posted - 2003/05/01 :  12:37:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
stick wi vynil, i started ma mixin on CDs and yea if it want for them then i wunt b dj'in now, but i have found they are so much easyer but vynil for sure

Cosmic-To Be The Best

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page