Total online 1785
 Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Thumpa - 20 Years Of Hardcore (7 hour solo set)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  12:43:03  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage

Hi all

Next year is my 20th year of buying, playing and obsessing over hardcore records so I am putting on a night in the Midlands in April, small venue with an intimate vibe and only 50-75 guests. I will be playing a 7 hour solo set covering the mid 90's origins of happy hardcore through to 96-99 happy hardcore, the golden era of 2000's UK hardcore, the birth of trancecore from German trance right through to euphoric noughties freeform and beyond into present day. No gimmicks, no superstar egos, just 1 DJ with 20 years of music crammed into a record bag and CD wallet, decks, great sound system and mega cheap bar. Guest MCs confirmed so far are Whizzkid (90 mins), Frikshon (90 mins) and more TBC.

Entry will be a very cheap ?5.00 for early birds and tickets and flyer will be out soon. As far as I know a 7 hour set hasn't been attempted in a UK hardcore/freeform event (at least for a long time) so this will be a lot of fun for me. I don't pretend to be the biggest or most technical DJ in this music but everyone who knows of me knows I have a deep knowledge and respect for our music, where it came from and where it's going, plus a music collection that backs it up. Please join me on this special journey as we hear hardcore history unfold from 1995 to 2015!

Anyone interested please reply to this post and I will PM you when tickets are out.

Peace!

Alert moderator

Edited by - Thumpa on 2016/01/01 15:45:02
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  14:00:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
How will you take toilet breaks?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  14:28:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
I can barely manage 1 hour so fair play to you mate!

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  14:49:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
I can piss between records! Often when I DJ I get so into it that I forget about needing the toilet, when I used to DJ hammered I would need a piss so bad that I filled up many a pint glass behind the decks! I won't be drinking at this night as I want to enjoy it so I will only need the toilet once or twice.

I'm glad this is the burning question people want to ask!

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  17:17:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
All things being right, I'll be there. Sounds good!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  17:26:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
All things being right, I'll be there. Sounds good!

I'll be making the effort too

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  17:57:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
if its my end of the midlands i may come too

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  18:48:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
Leicester

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  19:47:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
nice

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  22:04:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
I can piss between records! Often when I DJ I get so into it that I forget about needing the toilet, when I used to DJ hammered I would need a piss so bad that I filled up many a pint glass behind the decks! I won't be drinking at this night as I want to enjoy it so I will only need the toilet once or twice.

You can always get a catheter for the night!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/11/24 :  04:35:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Just avoid playing 'Rivers Flow In You' & you'll be set.

In all seriousness, it sounds like a cool idea. So far out my way though so I doubt I'll be able to reach it but hope it goes well. Its a great idea to have a full night dedicated to the progression of the scene :)

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2015/11/24 :  12:52:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
It's a few months away, plenty of time to sort a train! Tickets will be cheap and musically I absolutely promise it will be the best hardcore night happening next year.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/11/24 :  14:05:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Just avoid playing 'Rivers Flow In You' & you'll be set.

let's hijack his bags and change all his tracks to that :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/11/24 :  21:16:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
7 hours! that is some dj set! but sounds great! happy hardcore right through to upfront hardcore to freeform

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/11/24 :  21:28:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
need some gabber too

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2015/11/24 :  23:08:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
I could easily do a 7 hour set of just happy hardcore 94 to 2004 and easily do a 7 hour set covering freeform from 96 to 2006 but I'm gonna do this night and see how it goes. It will be around 4 hours of 95 to 2005 hardcore then 3 hours of 96 trancecore through to 2000's freeform then up to 2015 stuff. We'll see what happens on the night!

Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page