Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Douchebags To Begin Creating Hardcore
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/11/25 :  17:04:45  Show profile Send a private message
So a US promoter posted a pic of this instagram post showing DJ Carnage, Will Sparks, and Headhunterz in what looks like a hotel room and announcing themselves as a new happy hardcore group.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-dfSC_Ic08/

Gammer also mentioned it but didn't give any clear indication on what his feelings about this are, but I'm sure he's ecstatic considering his sound has leaned more towards other styles.

I just think it's an odd move for all 3 of them, especially Headhunterz, since there's really not much to be made in hardcore with the exception of a select few djs and producers. Perhaps it's just a one-off experimental thing just for shits and giggles.

What I find most comical are the reponses on both post, saying they're going to take the genre mainstream and whatnot. News Flash: djs/producers like Gammer and Darren Styles have been doing that! Especially DS with is stupidly watered-down hardcore sets at EDC. They want to put the blame on these 3 guys yet avoid altogether who will actually be responsible if this is the current trend that the genre will be going.

For me, I feel unaffected because there's plenty of diversity elsewhere besides the FW/TWR folk and those who produce tracks like them. HU keeps me pretty happy, and so long as they don't fully embrace this move, I'll stick around.

Alert moderator
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/11/25 :  17:16:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
headhunterz i've heard of...

who the f*ck are the other 2?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2015/11/25 :  17:17:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage
Probably just a joke or a one off experimental thing, I can't see any of the kandi kid-friendly raves in the US, or the general hardcore raves in the UK booking these guys. Probs just a one off thing for Tomorrowland or some shit like that.

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2015/11/25 :  17:49:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage
This sounds awesome. If this is serious and the song ends up being good, count me as a fan.

quote:

@Wong: Carnage is primarily a trap DJ but often dabbles in hardstyle and hard house in his DJ sets.
He's also the guy the EDM community is ripping on for an embarrassing studio tutorial, essentially exposing him to be a fraud.
Link to clip for the lazy: https://youtu.be/nwGE1vfGs4g

And Will Sparks is primarily a melbourne bounce DJ.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/11/25 :  18:49:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I'll wait and see what happens before I pass judgement.

Could be interesting, could be abysmal.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/11/25 :  21:07:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
appears to be satire imo

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/11/25 :  21:36:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/11/27 :  01:02:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
quote:

@Wong: Carnage is primarily a trap DJ but often dabbles in hardstyle and hard house in his DJ sets.
He's also the guy the EDM community is ripping on for an embarrassing studio tutorial, essentially exposing him to be a fraud.
Link to clip for the lazy: https://youtu.be/nwGE1vfGs4g

Smoking crack makes you very very way more stupid.

The whole Carnage debacle is hilarious. Cracked software, presets, failure to understand the basic functions of FL Studio, no real clue about mixing.. And then there's the million dollar question of why he ever thought it was a good idea to release that video. It was nothing less than career suicide. Just goes to show how far you can go in EDM with absolutely no talent at all.

Edited by - Elliott on 2015/11/27 01:27:25
ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/11/27 :  08:58:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
Just goes to show how far you can go in EDM with absolutely no talent at all ghost productions. Or a good promoter.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/11/27 :  10:14:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
word, what all the spazziez gonna do gonna do when they get a m-audio air and map all the controls to most vst midi inputs and save the settings to 128 bank, and then record what they play and move some hardware controls and have to put up with this shit

when the should have all the options of gross beat editor init blud

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2015/11/27 :  19:09:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/11/28 :  10:53:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
good job it aint no drum n bass forum

all dem niggaz be robbing rice in london riots init would be crying

Edited by - Guest on 2015/11/28 10:57:08
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/11/28 :  11:16:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
I'm confused.....

....are you saying douchebags weren't making it before?

;)

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/11/28 :  11:58:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
they make drum n bass, just the middleclass if your a brit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douchebag

Edited by - Guest on 2015/11/28 12:01:12
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/11/28 :  19:12:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I'm confused.....

....are you saying douchebags weren't making it before?

;)

Well of course not! There are douchebags that have always made hardcore! It's just these particular douchebags are doing it for the very first time!

Ravemark

Australia
24 posts
Posted - 2015/11/30 :  10:27:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ravemark's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
So a US promoter posted a pic of this instagram post showing DJ Carnage, Will Sparks, and Headhunterz in what looks like a hotel room and announcing themselves as a new happy hardcore group.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-dfSC_Ic08/

Gammer also mentioned it but didn't give any clear indication on what his feelings about this are, but I'm sure he's ecstatic considering his sound has leaned more towards other styles.

I just think it's an odd move for all 3 of them, especially Headhunterz, since there's really not much to be made in hardcore with the exception of a select few djs and producers. Perhaps it's just a one-off experimental thing just for shits and giggles.

What I find most comical are the reponses on both post, saying they're going to take the genre mainstream and whatnot. News Flash: djs/producers like Gammer and Darren Styles have been doing that! Especially DS with is stupidly watered-down hardcore sets at EDC. They want to put the blame on these 3 guys yet avoid altogether who will actually be responsible if this is the current trend that the genre will be going.

For me, I feel unaffected because there's plenty of diversity elsewhere besides the FW/TWR folk and those who produce tracks like them. HU keeps me pretty happy, and so long as they don't fully embrace this move, I'll stick around.

They are probably just joking around. But these guys definitely have the talent to make well produced Hardcore tracks.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page