Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Alex Prospect - Dedicated
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJGouda

Germany
76 posts
Posted - 2015/12/27 :  22:54:59  Show profile Send a private message
Since no thread has so far been about the Alex Prospect album I made one, because I'm really interested in what you think of the album.

Buy here: http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/121

First of all I thought I was actually buying a powerstomp, but there was only one powerstomp track on the whole album, instead I got a bit of well.. everything.
I'm going to give a short opinion from me about every track now:

01 Alex Prospect - Cameras, Action & Lights (6/10):
I think it's a good track to start an album off with, the melody is quite good, but I think the rapping in the middle of the track is a bit unfitting. Also 3 mintues is quite short for a full length track.
02 Alex Prospect & Becci - All The Things (5/10):
For me one of the weakest tracks on the album, the vocal is nice and it's well produced, but it's nothing special and I don't like the drop.
03 Alex Prospect Feat. Jack Ambrose - Closer (8/10):
Can't tell anything I don't like in this track. I really enjoy the melody, vocals are also neat.
04 Alex Prospect & Darren Styles - Rock Right Now (8/10):
Sounds like a TWR track, but a really good one. I took some time to grow on ne, but now I love. It also has some hardstyle mixed it, kicks could be a bit better, but otherwise well done. Like it.
05 Klubfiller & Alex Prospect - True Feelings (8/10):
Love it since I first heard it on the Live @ Rehab cd. Both melody and vocals are amazing, it's however a bit repetitive.
06 Alex Prospect - Calypso (4/10):
Don't know what to think of this track. Not a fan of the melody style and synth chosies. Just check the soundcloud clip as these 20 seconds conclude the whole track and decide if you like it. There's also some trap thrown in as well.
07 Gammer & Alex Prospect - Bad Bitch (3/10):
Urgh, the intro sounded promising, but one sample ruined the whole song. I can't listen to it. Also it's in the typical TWR style.
Better move on to the next track:
08 Alex Prospect & Joey Riot - Move Your Body (7/10):
The only powerstomp track on the album (I definitly exspected more :P) sounds like, well.. a typical Joey Riot powerstomp track. So nothing special, however it's still a good track.
09 Alex Prospect - Colours (9/10):
That track is one of the best from the album. It sounds similar to what Fracus & Darwin would produce especially the melody. But that's not a bad thing, I love what they produce and it adds another different kind of style which is featured on the album. It proves ones again that this album got a lot of variety.
10 Alex Prospect - All Falls Down (8/10):
It's a different than the version from Hardcore Innovator 2, but changes are quite minor. So in short it's a really good track but it didn't really needed a new version. I can't even say if it's better
or worse, it's too similar.
11 Alex Prospect, Callum Higby & Rhezie - Watch Me Run (7/10):
For me it's production wise the most well made track, but still it's not really my style. It doesn't sound enough hardcore-y for me.
12 Mark Breeze & Alex Prospect - Trvp Lyfe (6?/10):
That's an unusal track. No, no hardcore in this track, just pure trap. I normally don't listen to trap but it's okay to listen to for me. However I got bored pretty soon, as it's pretty same-ish.
13 Alex Prospect - I Don't Blame You (10/10):
Even though I don't consider this track to be perfect, but the melody and chorus are just too good. Yes the singing in the verses could be better and a real DJ-intro would be useful but I don't care as the track overall is just amazing.

Hope I dind't sounded to negative, the best about the album really the variety. You may not like every, but I'm sure there are at least a few tracks for everyone.

What about you, do you agree or are you planning on getting it soon?

Alert moderator
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  00:03:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I won't comment on content, as it's not my place.

What I *will* say is, that this is a guy who could shift to any other genre and gave up a meet 'n greet in Ibiza to work on a UK Hardcore album.

He's then not only done it, he's promoted it and actually *cares* about how it sells and is received.

It's the second fastest selling artist album we've had on the store. Not a co-incidence. Like all artists, he will take time to find his "groove* but I'm levelly impressed and literally cannot throw enough platform, time and energy towards him.

Hero.

The future. Nothing less.

The oak trees should worry. Even if they play "friends" for now

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - CDJay on 2015/12/28 00:09:31
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  18:41:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I won't comment on content, as it's not my place.

What I *will* say is, that this is a guy who could shift to any other genre and gave up a meet 'n greet in Ibiza to work on a UK Hardcore album.

He's then not only done it, he's promoted it and actually *cares* about how it sells and is received.

It's the second fastest selling artist album we've had on the store. Not a co-incidence. Like all artists, he will take time to find his "groove* but I'm levelly impressed and literally cannot throw enough platform, time and energy towards him.

Hero.

The future. Nothing less.

The oak trees should worry. Even if they play "friends" for now

CDJay

"It's the second fastest selling artist album we've had on the store" ( on second thought; is that even good? the second fastest selling "hardcore " cd on a hardcore website wasnt even their hardcore; or even honestly hardcore?) ****ed up!
what was #1; gammer?

while nice; i dont think that really shows anything at all except prospect has alot more way mainstream fans who like mainstream sounds ; and they took the time to buy it from HU; which is the only place you could get it? hes on the big boy promo team; with all the dudes repping his shit; getting out to the most basic commercial "hardcore" ravers.

i would be way more curious how many of those people continued buying the albums that actually have hardcore on them; and actually buy HU albums. or just expect hardcore to sound like this cd. which is just bad. i think he should of marketed this to a completely different crowd. maybe the people that rock out at those hudson mohawke shows? really seems like they dig this kind of stuff. ask everyone here what the top 3 artist albums HU has sold; this wouldnt even make the top 5.

furthermore; i think he already found his groove a few years ago. then saw gammer hop on the hype trap train;said **** it; and this is a 100% clear indication of this. his tracks were much much much better a few years ago. i cant imagine these trap tracks take more production skill than some of the previous work he has done. whats weirder is it's hard to even find any of those tracks? could of given us 2 discs; 1 with older work and 1 with newer; as well; instead of a mix of the same traks we just heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfYuvkXpBQ

https://www.mixcloud.com/alexprospect7/alex-prospect-_-the-weekenda-mix/
he had a wicked mixing style that went really good with electro/dubcore that he can longer apply to mixing trap and big room :/

** damn; that mix is fire! i dont even like dub/electorore too much but he threw down!!
man i hate to say this but with fkn trap and big room ********; i didntr realize how good we had it with electrocore hahahaha!!!

Edited by - trippnface on 2015/12/28 19:07:46
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  18:59:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:

Meet and greet in Ibiza? Are you talking about Raver's Ibiza?

I heard lots of DJs cancelled their appearance at that event due to extremely low ticket sales!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  20:39:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
No, genre seperate.

Only diversions has outsold in the same timeframe, it's a rare accomplishment for something new to get traction particularly if effort derived.

The long stayers are languishing, we've seen a real burst and thirst around the last four artist albums of the year. Disparate? Sure. Promising nonetheless. What's there to celebrate otherwise? Latent assumed superiority? Another half hearted entry in a series that killed the genre stone dead locally? Sometimes potential matters more than what's on the plate. We are *close* to resurgence. It's not coming from the people treading water in infinity pools pissing over the side at a genre they're bleeding dry.

IMO YMMV.

CDJay

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  23:48:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
No, genre seperate.

Only diversions has outsold in the same timeframe, it's a rare accomplishment for something new to get traction particularly if effort derived.

The long stayers are languishing, we've seen a real burst and thirst around the last four artist albums of the year. Disparate? Sure. Promising nonetheless. What's there to celebrate otherwise? Latent assumed superiority? Another half hearted entry in a series that killed the genre stone dead locally? Sometimes potential matters more than what's on the plate. We are *close* to resurgence. It's not coming from the people treading water in infinity pools pissing over the side at a genre they're bleeding dry.

IMO YMMV.

CDJay

mass collaboration with the japanese !
so many talented hardcore artists doing good things in unique ways .
hommarju; shimamura; & noriken was a good start ;p
HU imo is wayy closer to those outlets than the current bogged down sound.
resurgence. down.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/12/29 :  00:07:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJGouda:

04 Alex Prospect & Darren Styles - Rock Right Now (8/10):

sounds wicked live

youngson

United Kingdom
106 posts
youngson has donated money to the site youngson has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/03/18 :  17:19:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit youngson's homepage
I've only just got around to get this. All I can say, is if you are thinking about it, or humming and ha'aing.

Bloody get it.

This is the best hardcore solo album I have ever heard.

Really this album is sooooo ****ing good!

Alex Prospect X Callum Higby X Rhezie - Watch Me

WOW what a tune!

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/03/18 :  19:17:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by youngson:
I've only just got around to get this. All I can say, is if you are thinking about it, or humming and ha'aing.

Bloody get it.

This is the best hardcore solo album I have ever heard.

Really this album is sooooo ****ing good!

Alex Prospect X Callum Higby X Rhezie - Watch Me

WOW what a tune!

i think he's great, still rinsing his westfest set. loved it. not got this album yet though

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/03/20 :  00:01:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
About to get repressed; just over 20 copies left (!)

Colour me thoroughly impressed.

CDJay

Alabaster

United Kingdom
33 posts
Posted - 2016/03/24 :  14:24:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alabaster's homepage
I bought it a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying it. Favourite tracks are Colours and Rock Right Now.

Dan Theory
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2016/03/24 :  23:51:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dan Theory's homepage
Still yet to listen to this but really looking forward to getting in the car along with the Mob & Enemy release!

I have been very impressed with his passion and enthusiasm for the scene on social media so I hope I really like it! Loved his older stuff.

Im not surprised diversions has been the fastest selling. Pure masterpiece. Cant fault anything F&D are coming out with at the moment.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page