Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Club and Rave age?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJPagoda
Starting Member

United States
11 posts
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  00:23:06  Show profile Send a private message
Hey I'm beginning my life as a DJ and I want to know what the age is for DJing at raves and clubs,
I am 16/yo I wont have all my gear until I'm 17, so can I DJ at raves and clubs at age 17?
And also whats a great way of getting booked for gigs like that?

Alert moderator
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  01:26:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I dint think the age limit for a DJ, or any other performer is written in stone. If you have a talent and following that will sell tickets or entrance fees then you'll have a better chance of getting booked.

But yea at your age and current inexperience highly doubtful you'll be booked for anything for a year. But one thing I noticed that will get you booked quick is to ass kiss promoters and event organizers like crazy. Even if you're not that good you'll get a booking lol.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  01:48:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage
My advice to any 16 year old interested in being a DJ, Start learning how to produce now while you still have the free time. It'll help you get bookings in the long run. I also highly doubt they would book anyone just off the internet with no experience. Maybe play normally on an online radio show(Krafty Radio is a good option) for awhile to help get a following. Go to events like HTID USA a long with your local events & network. Don't expect overnight success. Just keep at it!

Edited by - AoS_Lorenzo on 2015/12/28 01:57:03
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  06:38:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Well, didnt most of the better known artists start out very young? Sharkey, Hixxy, Gammer etc

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  07:50:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Well, didnt most of the better known artists start out very young? Sharkey, Hixxy, Gammer etc

Yea but that's the UK, this guy here is in the US. Totally different set of rules here. Most of the successful UK hardcore DJs in the US, like Jimni Cricket and Moonstruck Red, have never dabbled in production. In fact a lot of the UK hardcore DJs in the US are also the local event organizer and are the only ones who manage to keep their scene alive.

also Sharkey and Hixxy came at a time where hardcore was evolving and taking shape, and their productions helped mold and create UK hardcore to what it is today. The fans, promoters and event organizers here know that and that's why they bring UK talent every chance they get.

AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  12:23:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage
The next generation of Americans, production will somewhat matter. Jason Bouse at the moment had some decent gigs just based upon his production. I'm personally having gigs this summer based upon productions.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  19:18:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJPagoda:
Hey I'm beginning my life as a DJ and I want to know what the age is for DJing at raves and clubs,
I am 16/yo I wont have all my gear until I'm 17, so can I DJ at raves and clubs at age 17?
And also whats a great way of getting booked for gigs like that?

where you abouts?

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/12/28 :  19:38:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Record demos, burn them to discs, and pass them out at events. Befriend current local DJs in your scene. Develop a signature tracklist style (start with some uk hardcore and end with gabba....or start with current, surprise with some some oldie goldies, and then back to current), you need something your fans can count on when you play. Give yourself an image: are you going to be kandied up like S3RL? Are you going to be casual? Also, unless you're spinning goa/psytrance, be as straight-edge as possible (not saying you aren't, just sayin). Promoters are not about to book a DJ who's eyes are more glazed over than a marble.

DJPagoda
Starting Member

United States
11 posts
Posted - 2015/12/29 :  02:13:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJPagoda's homepage
I live in Texas US.
I do produce but I haven't put anything out yet ( I'm about to).
there are not any good electronic music DJ's that I know of around here, and most of the clubs and parties that I here about play mostly country music (which I hate), however I am in the southern side of TX which means mostly country music.
If anyone knows any Texas DJ's that play electronic music could you get me there contact info so i can talk to them and start my contact list. My email is [email protected]
-Thanks

Edited by - DJPagoda on 2015/12/29 02:15:49
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/12/29 :  03:54:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I live in Texas, Houston to be exact. Dallas and Houston are really the only places in Texas that have a good electronic following that isn't just focused on the mainstream stuff. I've never really heard anything about raves in south Texas. Are you in Corpus area, or like Brownsville?

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/12/29 :  06:14:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
vegas has alot of not gabba its hardcore events

hunt for forsaken and hardcore you will probably find their radio stream if its still running

DJPagoda
Starting Member

United States
11 posts
Posted - 2015/12/29 :  16:43:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJPagoda's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
I live in Texas, Houston to be exact. Dallas and Houston are really the only places in Texas that have a good electronic following that isn't just focused on the mainstream stuff. I've never really heard anything about raves in south Texas. Are you in Corpus area, or like Brownsville?

I'm in southeast close to Houston I live in Lumberton close to Beaumont,
so I guess not deep south but still, there isn't great clubs parties and such over here
But when I get my license I should be able to attend the stuff in Houston could you email me some venues and events that are over there?

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/12/29 :  20:22:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
search on https://www.eventbrite.com/d/tx--houston/music--events/?crt=regular&slat=29.7604&slng=-95.3698&sort=best&view=list

reason why EDC vegas normally has hardcore http://lasvegas.electricdaisycarnival.com/

Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2016/01/07 :  00:37:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage
I think Donegal got his first gig (not first gid ever mind) at Helter Skelter when he was 15/16? Milwaukee gave him his first platform at 15 and dj'ed alongside Slipmatt and Billy Bunter regularly at 16 (correct me if I'm wrong?) So djing at 16 is a very realistic prospect.

"you ain't headlinin' if you ain't redlinin'!!"

The_DJ_Euphoria
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 posts
Posted - 2016/01/08 :  10:40:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The_DJ_Euphoria's homepage
First off, don't expect gigs to fall in your lap for a while, to quote de la soul "everyone wants to be a dj, everyone wants to be an mc" and this is true. sending mixes to promotors is always a good idea but understand lots of other djs are doing this too. it's a cruel fact but in this game a lot relies on WHO you know, so networking is a must. you also need to stand out above everybody else, as a promotor myself i look for something unique in a set like scratching or different ways of chopping up the beats for example. another route you could take would be to promote your own events, this way you get to pick your own set time and other djs, but it will take a lot of hard work, a bit of money and knock backs but stick at it and good luck, you're gonna need it!

Edited by - The_DJ_Euphoria on 2016/01/08 10:51:54
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/01/08 :  11:04:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
just have to win some dj compititions or do your own ghetto

normally plenty of comps scattered about europe

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hardcore+dj+compitition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=x5ePVq_OBofraozJrvAP

Edited by - Guest on 2016/01/08 11:06:02

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page