Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Darren Styles guestmix on KTRA
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2016/01/15 :  21:02:39  Show profile Send a private message

Alert moderator
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2016/01/16 :  01:59:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
Was a great set.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/01/17 :  01:02:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:

I haven't expected anything else to listen to: a pussy (Darren Styles), which has developed way too much self-confidence than it deserves! I don't want to blame Kutski: he simply just plays the music that is out there these days and Darren Styles still is a name that other people seem to adore.
I personally have liked a handful of tracks of him only, but to my personal opinion Darren Styles would be no big loss to this genre! I'd bet money on him to become the next Deadmou5!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2016/01/18 :  06:50:28  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
@Warnman: You trolling? some serious hate in your words? If you don't like some sort of music there is no need to hate. I don't like one direction or what they are about but I don't waste time hating them :)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/01/18 :  08:20:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
@Warnman: You trolling? some serious hate in your words? If you don't like some sort of music there is no need to hate. I don't like one direction or what they are about but I don't waste time hating them :)

But then One direction is proclaiming to be the saviour of Happy Hardcore :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2016/01/18 :  15:15:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage
Gammer is also getting a guestmix on KTRA very soon.

DJ D-Luc-D

United Kingdom
458 posts
Posted - 2016/01/18 :  16:34:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ D-Luc-D's homepage
Lol, what makes Darren Styles a pussy? Or too self-confident? :P

Check out my netlabel Touitsu Recordings: http://touitsurecordings.jaycore.eu --- http://soundcloud.com/touitsu-recordings --- http://www.facebook.com/TouitsuRecordings

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/01/18 :  19:56:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

But then One direction is proclaiming to be the saviour of Happy Hardcore :P

eh?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/01/18 :  20:55:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
It's a forum, opinions should be allowed. Darren Styles' music is alright, but he comes across as the Bieber of Hardcore - if that's what Warnman is insinuating.. That said, he is from Clacton. I packed my job in to avoid that cesspit.

The mix is alright, but I've never really supported KTRA, and I've never heard anything that's made me much of a fan of Kutski. His show never really pulled in the new listeners in the UK that the scene expected, and it's not much wonder that he lost his position at BBC with that in mind. He has a certain cult following, but it still feels like a bit of a blown opportunity to make Hardcore a bigger contender in the industry. To balance that statement out, his shared mix on Bonkers 16 and HU4 were both brilliant.

Edited by - Elipton on 2016/01/18 21:00:56
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2016/01/18 :  23:59:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:

Hello Silver,
Yes, I have to confess that I am a person, who likes to post its radical opinions and sometimes even drastic point of views! These days I haved developed being completely disgusted by sharing warm words to people, who simpy don't deserve such - and Darren Styles is one of them! I don't dislike the person Darren Styles and all his efforts that this guy has invested to Rave Music during the last decades, but I totally hate his productions he has published since many many years ago! To my personal opinion they are useless and complete nonsense to be able to push the sound of Hardcore!
I expect producers of such an unerrated genre to simply notice this development and to stop any kind of ego trips and share their passion for this music in unity instead. All other ravers are able to do it in their own individual kind of way, but many producers seem to have a problem with it!
This world doesn't respect our music, because we simply are unable to respect ourselves!

Edited by - Warnman on 2016/01/19 00:02:07
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  01:14:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:

First of all: my statement that Darren Syles is a pussy is simply my own personal point of view! His self-confidence seem to has grown way too much than he musically deserves. Years of having spent the days at the top seem to have changed his attitude (at least what I have noticed on the internet)!
I've already mentioned that I totally respect his influence within' this genre in the past, but otherwise I dislike his productions and the way this guy is trying to take influence on this scene these days! Only the opinions of us - the ravers on the dancefloor - should be worth enough getting considered as fruitful critisism! Where is the self-critisism within the Rave Scene? All they do is to encourage each other in whatever the f**k they are doing at he moment! I havn't noticed any other developments so far at all!
Kindly clarify if I am totally wrong over here or do wrong to Darren Styles! I am very liberal for any open-minded kind of discussion!

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  07:37:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
quote:

First of all: my statement that Darren Syles is a pussy is simply my own personal point of view! His self-confidence seem to has grown way too much than he musically deserves.

Where exactly do you get that from? Good mates are you?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  09:03:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
quote:

First of all: my statement that Darren Syles is a pussy is simply my own personal point of view! His self-confidence seem to has grown way too much than he musically deserves.

Where exactly do you get that from? Good mates are you?

Well, I dont think he has dropped the soap as much as you have :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  11:35:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
While I don't like everything Styles makes, he's a fab producer and in my opinion is the best DJ/producer that UK Hardcore/Happy Hardcore has ever made!

In my raving prime (apart from Kev Energy sets) his sets would be the ones I would most look forward to.

DJ D-Luc-D

United Kingdom
458 posts
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  11:39:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ D-Luc-D's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:

First of all: my statement that Darren Syles is a pussy is simply my own personal point of view! His self-confidence seem to has grown way too much than he musically deserves. Years of having spent the days at the top seem to have changed his attitude (at least what I have noticed on the internet)!
I've already mentioned that I totally respect his influence within' this genre in the past, but otherwise I dislike his productions and the way this guy is trying to take influence on this scene these days! Only the opinions of us - the ravers on the dancefloor - should be worth enough getting considered as fruitful critisism! Where is the self-critisism within the Rave Scene? All they do is to encourage each other in whatever the f**k they are doing at he moment! I havn't noticed any other developments so far at all!
Kindly clarify if I am totally wrong over here or do wrong to Darren Styles! I am very liberal for any open-minded kind of discussion!

I'm not sure what your interpretation of the word 'pussy' is. I can appreciate English is not your first language but the word tends to imply a "scared" or "wimpy" attitude. I wouldn't say anything shows Darren in that kind of light, lol.

I also wouldn't say he shows himself to be too self-confident on his social media. I had to go to his Twitter profile to see becaue I never really notice him in my feed. He makes posts about what he's doing a lot, just like any musician who has a lot of fans. If you want to see self-absorbed, look at Kanye West. I think we know who's more down to earth. xD

I can't say I really listen to, or care for, much of his music recently, but I just don't understand where your interpretations of his character stem from. :P

Check out my netlabel Touitsu Recordings: http://touitsurecordings.jaycore.eu --- http://soundcloud.com/touitsu-recordings --- http://www.facebook.com/TouitsuRecordings

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  11:39:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
BTW I haven't read the thread or listened to the mix ;)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page