How did you get into Hardcore?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
DJ D-Luc-D

United Kingdom
458 posts
Posted - 2016/01/17 :  18:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ D-Luc-D's homepage  Reply with quote
I had already heard some Ultrabeat and Scooter stuff from NOW albums plus stuff like Manian, Cascada and Blackout Crew, but once I was at my grandparents' house when I was 9 or 10 and turned on Clubland TV. I saw Caramelldansen and thought it was hilarious but kinda cool too. I kept watching it and I ended up turning it on all day every day after that. I got a few of the albums and started to grow a collection. I hadn't got any hardcore stuff at this time but I think about a year later I got Hardcore Til I Die 2 after hearing some hardcore on Clubland TV/AATW YouTube channel. Then Clubland started to get shit (which you probably all thought anyway) around the 17 mark and I just stuck to my hardcore and basically didn't listen to anything else. Ended up finding out more stuff through Hardcore Highlights and Kutski's show after that which led me to J-Core, which led me to Doujin, which led me to footwork (my second love at the moment) and has made me appreciate most electronic genres. In a way, gone full circle. :P

Check out my netlabel Touitsu Recordings: http://touitsurecordings.jaycore.eu --- http://soundcloud.com/touitsu-recordings --- http://www.facebook.com/TouitsuRecordings

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/01/18 :  09:48:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
I hate Hardcore it's for sissy boys, i'm just here for the banter

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/01/18 :  10:25:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
I hate Hardcore it's for sissy boys, i'm just here for the banter

I knew it! :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJ Flintlock3r
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  07:19:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Flintlock3r's homepage  Reply with quote
I pretty much had to go through every basic four-to-the-floor style to get to hardcore. I basically started with the slow, 128 BPM house music and made my up to about a year ago, when I discovered Nu Style Gabber.

I'm a relatively new electronic music fan, starting in 2011. I was simply browsing iTunes on my ipod and came across Deadmau5 and house music (2011 commercial house music. I never heard classic/traditional house until a year ago).

I kinda went from the Deadmau5 stage into the progressive house and trance realm. I officially discovered trance on Pandora (online radio) in 2012 and fell in love with it instantly. I also discovered Scooter around this time as well as some Eurodance, so I began to make my way into hard dance as early as the summer of that year. I began to DJ and produce in 2012 as well.

I got into Hands-Up music in 2013 and that progressed into Happy Hardcore and UK hardcore in the early days of 2014. since then, my styles of preference have narrowed down to uplifting trance, classic trance, happy hardcore, uk hardcore, gabber, and hardstyle.

However, I feel like I'm just scratching the surface. I would love to discover more early hardcore, so I get an appreciation of how the styles developed.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  09:01:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Flintlock3r:
I pretty much had to go through every basic four-to-the-floor style to get to hardcore. I basically started with the slow, 128 BPM house music and made my up to about a year ago, when I discovered Nu Style Gabber.

I'm a relatively new electronic music fan, starting in 2011. I was simply browsing iTunes on my ipod and came across Deadmau5 and house music (2011 commercial house music. I never heard classic/traditional house until a year ago).

I kinda went from the Deadmau5 stage into the progressive house and trance realm. I officially discovered trance on Pandora (online radio) in 2012 and fell in love with it instantly. I also discovered Scooter around this time as well as some Eurodance, so I began to make my way into hard dance as early as the summer of that year. I began to DJ and produce in 2012 as well.

I got into Hands-Up music in 2013 and that progressed into Happy Hardcore and UK hardcore in the early days of 2014. since then, my styles of preference have narrowed down to uplifting trance, classic trance, happy hardcore, uk hardcore, gabber, and hardstyle.

However, I feel like I'm just scratching the surface. I would love to discover more early hardcore, so I get an appreciation of how the styles developed.

Proof that Trance isn't dead yet, and people can still get into Hardcore through that style. Not everything needs to get updated to EDM

DJ Flintlock3r
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  09:16:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Flintlock3r's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

[quote]Proof that Trance isn't dead yet, and people can still get into Hardcore through that style. Not everything needs to get updated to EDM

I completely agree. I personally like the older stuff better.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/01/20 :  09:56:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
buy a sub, and nu skool gabba will be like

downside of it, you have to be able todo the ghetto deeejaaaay

make all the babies at uk hardcore event cry who like they`re bags of ******** with 80hz kicks at a million bpm and try and think they is hard

in the real world, the whole bass scene is mine

Edited by - Guest on 2016/01/20 10:01:12
carldj90

United States
299 posts
carldj90 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  10:46:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit carldj90's homepage  Reply with quote
counter-strike got me into hardcore.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  11:22:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by carldj90:

russians screaming cyka blyat while blasting gabber? :P

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  17:53:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
I love how none of the other people from the States has posted about Anabolic Frolic. Guess that shows the age difference :P

It was around 2001 or 2002, and I was out shopping at the Murphy, NC Wal-Mart with my aunt. I was in the CD section looking for anything techno related, and I looked up and saw these green smiley faces with amplifiers behind them. The title read, "Happy2bHardcore Chapter 4". So, seeing the term "Hardcore" made me think about rock music, so I almost disregarded it, and that's when I read the caption at the bottom, "15 happy hardcore breakbeat techno anthems continuously mixed by Anabolic Frolic." I picked it up and scanned it on the CD samplers Wal-Mart had back in that time, put the headphones on, and heard magic. I had never heard music that fast; the vocals were chipmunky, and the drums were hard. After some serious begging, my aunt and her husband bought it for me. And that's how it all started!

I highly encourage any people from the States on here who are new to HHC/UK Hardcore to pick up the Happy2bHardcore series off amazon or ebay. The mixing's a bit off, but it's a part of history of a time when we people here in the States could walk into a store and buy Happy Hardcore music. Plus, these were the core albums of the candy kids!

On a side note, DJ Triquatra stated: "Then I moved to the states in 2003.....just as hardcore was picking up...."

That's when I ran into him somehow! We would chat on msn messenger, and he would tell me all about these CD series I needed to have. Small world!

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  19:37:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
americans think lenny dee invented hardcore and that all they need to know

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  20:36:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I was waiting for it.

Chose Happy over dark when Hardcore rave evolved into Hardcore and Jungle.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  21:56:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
By accident and as a result of naivety really.

As a kid (who knew nothing) I used to by the Clubland albums. I just kept buying them and then one called Clubland X-Treme Hardcore came out. To me I just assumed it was the same as the others so bought it not knowing any different or having any kind of genre identification.

I completely fell for the increased tempo and energy over the commercial trance CDs and how in your face the melodies were. The riffs completely controlled the music and were a lot sharper than the commercial trance ones.

I also had an interest in the North East Makina scene at this point, but again, didn't really relate the significance of this till a later date.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  22:02:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
tbf the older normal clublands were great

carldj90

United States
299 posts
carldj90 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  22:27:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit carldj90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by carldj90:

russians screaming cyka blyat while blasting gabber? :P

What makes this better: first song I ever heard was Gabber.

Art of fighters - earthquake

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page