Total online 1643
 Radio listeners 189+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 How did U discover/get into Hardcore Underground?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  14:34:37  Show profile Send a private message
As we celebrate 10 years of Hardcore Underground, I thought we could do a more specific take on an earlier topic created. How did you all discover or get into the glorious label/album series that is Hardcore Underground, and what was that first experience like?

For me I discovered it on here. I was reading a topic on the first ever Hardcore Underground volume series and it was something I have never heard of, nor did I recognize any of the DJs that were involved in the project. With discovering this site I started to find more info on new tracks and new albums that I have never heard of and it resurrected my currently deteriorating interest in the genre. My interest deteriorated mainly because it took a long time to find a place like this one to discover new music and new artists.

So when I read the topic on the 1st album I decided to take a chance buy the album. The tracklist resembled nothing like any albums currently out at that time so I thought this would be a great chance to discover a lot of new material in one purchase.

So I popped in the album into my computer to listen and for the first two albums during the first run they didn't stand out to me. I think I wasn't ready to hear anything with a more serious tone considering I was heavily into more uplifting tracks from labels like Raverbaby Next Generation at the time.

So I popped in the final CD and I was confused at first because I have never heard of hardcore breaks and was wondering if I had purchased the right album lol. Once the Panacea remix of Kill Belladonna came on, the whole mix made sense to me and I instantly fell in love with it as well as the rest of the album. And at the same time I became an instant fan of Darwin :)

Alert moderator
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  14:38:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
i did`nt

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  15:36:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Are we talking about the whole label here?

Well, other than the odd (artist) albums or digital singles, I can't say I was really into the HU. I to this day still don't own any Hardcore Underground combilation (I dont believe in buying mixed albums anymore), and I mostly support the HU gang because they where RFU :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/01/21 15:36:28
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  16:57:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
either this forum or ush

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  17:28:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I heard about the upcoming HU vol.1 album on here. There were some familiar names on the project like Al Storm & Druid, Kurt, Fracus, & Darwin, so I was getting pretty excited. Being in college and living off financial aid with very little work profit coming in, I had a choice at the time to either buy Hardcore Underground or Hardcore Euphoria. I went with Hardcore Euphoria since I knew what to expect.

So how did I get HU? My roommate knew I wanted it, and had secretly ordered it for me as a Christmas present the year it came out. I remember putting CD 1 in the car stereo and was just blown away! The tempo was fast! The mastering was LOUD! The tracks weren't like anything going around on the more commercial CDs; they were hard and stompy. There was cheese! There was more serious noise! I put in CD 2, and was just as equally blown away, especially when that SMD#2 remix popped on! CD 3....was difficult for me. I just wasn't a fan of the Hardcore breaks sound, so the first part of CD 3 just didn't do it for me. But then the 4-beat came back in, and all was well.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  17:42:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
In 2007 someone said on here hardcore underground was one of the best albums from 2006. It went on from there.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  18:51:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I bought HU3 cheap in a Zaavi or HMV. That was my first exposure. Same with HU4 and HU5, but HU6 hasn't appeared anywhere yet. Still keeping my eyes peeled!

Edited by - Elipton on 2016/01/21 18:52:01
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  18:55:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Jacket, you should at least own HU4! Oli G & Lost Soul win!

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  19:16:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
It must have been on USH originally.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  19:44:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I bought HU3 cheap in a Zaavi or HMV. That was my first exposure. Same with HU4 and HU5, but HU6 hasn't appeared anywhere yet. Still keeping my eyes peeled!

Only place to buy hu6 is from the site

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  20:17:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:

Only place to buy hu6 is from the site

He's trolling. He knows exactly where he can find it and buy it. It's just his arsefudgy way of trying to get under CDJay's skin without doing it directly.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  20:24:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I have no idea.

Probably just followed on from my love of RFU.

I vaguely remember seeing Darwin play (maybe some kind of PA too which I need to look up to jof my memory) and meeting CDJay and Chwhynnywhynny at an event years ago.

*Edit* Think it was JAL related but still led me in the right direction

Edited by - djDMS on 2016/01/21 20:25:59
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  20:48:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Hopefully it was the event in Birmingham with the flavoured air canisters.

CDJay

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  22:00:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage
I think I was on the hunt for new hardcore music while waiting for the next Clubland Hardcore album to be released, and as I liked Al Storm and Fracus I ended up buying HU2 from eBay. Didn't really appreciate it until a few years later, however at the time I liked it enough to want to get HU3 when it came out. Instantly liked HU3 and have been a fan ever since.

carldj90

United States
299 posts
carldj90 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  22:25:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit carldj90's homepage
Hm I can't recall. I kinda just found more albums by looking around on the webs.

kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  05:21:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage
Hard to tell, but in these instance (or when my sis has purchased the 2nd Fracus & Darwin album was... "oh shit, need every stuff") is now epic.

It was in 2009, I was looking stuff at internet to put me up in these depression days (insist hard to tell, but you know what? bullying!). So my friend from USA has recommend me download (sorry guys) these albums. I listened only the HU3, but some bits and I'd said... "shit, this thing is epic", so kept listening. But when HU4 was released (and pirated... days later) was like a "oh shit, need this album and I don't what to do". So I deleted these rips and started to spend money to get these beauties (new or second hand copy) and search a contact or store to receive it -were hard days until... 2012 lol-.

And now, I own HU1, HU3, HU4, HU5, the F&D albums (excluding Diversions because I didn't ordered), Marc Smith's album, HU Breaks *The Good Inside spam!*, The first 3 DJ Tools and a few of limited stuff, excluding the lastests 3 EPs. And curiously I remember when I received every album, but the HU3 was so special because was my autogift of my birthday of 2013. But the rest... ****, I hyped to much xD.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page