Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/03/06 :  09:31:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Contribute something worth reading then, instead of complaining (and trolling)

Trolling? This place hasn't had any trolls in years. I hang out n other (non Hardcore related) forums and those places have troll attacks daily. In fact one forum I know has become so bad with spambot attacks that new members are now prohibited from posting new threads.

Anyway I can always share some cool videos here I guess

Guest is a troll.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/03/06 :  09:37:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:

Trolling? This place hasn't had any trolls in years. I hang out n other (non Hardcore related) forums and those places have troll attacks daily. In fact one forum I know has become so bad with spambot attacks that new members are now prohibited from posting new threads.

Guest is a troll.

Clearly that wasn't the troll Dean was talking about.

And we haven't seen you in awhile!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/03/06 :  16:38:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:

Guest is a troll.

Clearly that wasn't the troll Dean was talking about.

And we haven't seen you in awhile!

he's Guest

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

JustIncredible
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
599 posts
JustIncredible has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/05/17 :  15:53:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JustIncredible's homepage  Reply with quote
The forum isn't mobile friendly at all, it's in dire need of an update, I chalk a lot if it down to that. For the majority of people, their cellphone has replaced a traditional laptop/computer. This site is cancer on the eyes to navigate on mobile, it's not much better on a desktop either to be honest, but it's at least usable. The bigger elephant in the room is that the scene seems to be dying out.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/05/17 :  17:55:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible:
The bigger elephant in the room is that the scene seems to be dying out.

its recovering a lot this year

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/05/17 :  22:09:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
While I don't believe it's anywhere near as big (or going to be) as some people are claiming, no way is it dying out.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/05/17 :  22:28:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Definitely haven't seen anything to suggest that the scene is dying out. From my perspective, it's pretty much been around the same size for the last 4 years or so. Many things have changed in those 4 years, but in terms of regular events, size of events and the attendance then it's more or less the same.

JustIncredible
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
599 posts
JustIncredible has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/05/18 :  11:03:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JustIncredible's homepage  Reply with quote
I think dying out was the wrong word, but from my understanding people are caring less and less; it's not that they don't enjoy the music, it's just the passion for it isn't as big as it once was. I was only 16 when I joined this forum and at the time hardcore seemed to be everywhere, on TV, radio, people's cars, phones and so on. I don't see any of that any more, its either rap, pop or other forms of EDM.

But I reiterate the fact this forums is dying is mostly because of the old software. There was talk of an upgrade 5 or 6 years ago, I recommened the popular myBB or phpBB, but people shot it down due to them being 'shit' (they are infinitely better than the current software) and it never came to pass.

Edited by - JustIncredible on 2016/05/18 11:17:37
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/05/18 :  20:01:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
As far as the scene dying out I suppose that all depends on what you're measuring...and what you're measuring against.

As far as this forum goes, I don't think any amount of upgrading is going to bring more people to the site. Worlds moved on in so many ways.

I pop back on occasionally when I need to be amused by latinxtc shouting loudly in an empty room about things he feels passionately about or to read the "this forum is dead/hardcore is dead" topics.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/05/18 :  21:33:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I think dying out was the wrong word, but from my understanding people are caring less and less; it's not that they don't enjoy the music, it's just the passion for it isn't as big as it once was. I was only 16 when I joined this forum and at the time hardcore seemed to be everywhere, on TV, radio, people's cars, phones and so on. I don't see any of that any more, its either rap, pop or other forms of EDM.

But I reiterate the fact this forums is dying is mostly because of the old software. There was talk of an upgrade 5 or 6 years ago, I recommened the popular myBB or phpBB, but people shot it down due to them being 'shit' (they are infinitely better than the current software) and it never came to pass.

I'd definitely include myself in that description. I used to eat, sleep and breathe hardcore. Nowadays it's just something I keep a loose tab on as there is still the odd tune coming out which really gets me going. That coupled with the fact that I'm 30 now and my life is generally far busier than it used to be.

I doubt a new design for this website would make a blind bit of difference. Forums in general aren't as busy now because of other social media.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/05/19 :  03:16:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
The forum isn't mobile friendly at all, it's in dire need of an update, I chalk a lot if it down to that. For the majority of people, their cellphone has replaced a traditional laptop/computer. This site is cancer on the eyes to navigate on mobile, it's not much better on a desktop either to be honest, but it's at least usable. The bigger elephant in the room is that the scene seems to be dying out.

The site is excellent how it is. I really like this older style, and I can't stand flashy modern forums that try to look pretty but are difficult to navigate. I hope the site stays how it is forever.

If there is ever a mobile update, then I hope it is limited strictly to mobile phones while the old site is kept for computer users. There is no good reason to sacrifice PC functionality for mobile convenience, especially when phones can't do anything particularly well.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2016/05/19 03:18:48
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/05/23 :  19:14:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
should have gave me the money, i take my empire with me

been 2 months and there aint a single mix on youtube wrecking the mcx8000

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/05/23 :  19:57:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
aint no events left in bristol either, bionic has had its last day, gonna have to rise and rock motion warehouse with korsakoff and noize suppresor having a battle, and not 1 set of uk hardcore

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/05/23 :  20:03:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
call it nexus

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/05/26 :  09:52:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
quote:

The site is excellent how it is. I really like this older style, and I can't stand flashy modern forums that try to look pretty but are difficult to navigate. I hope the site stays how it is forever.

If there is ever a mobile update, then I hope it is limited strictly to mobile phones while the old site is kept for computer users. There is no good reason to sacrifice PC functionality for mobile convenience, especially when phones can't do anything particularly well.

I agree the site doesn't really need any big changes. I have felt in he pas that it would be cool to see a few improvements here and there but too be honest the site is settled and doesn't need to be the Facebook of Hardcore.

Saying that I do like Hard House now as well

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page