Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Trying to get some stuff started here in Sweden
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/04/20 :  05:35:36  Show profile Send a private message
Hello fellow hardcorefans!
First of - let me introduce myself. I am a long time reader of this forum who has been listening to different types of electronic music for most of my life. I live in the south of Sweden, an area where harddance/hardcore never really has been a big thing. Me and some friends organize more or less the only clubnight with these styles of music so the scene is pretty small but still very nice. The music we mostly push is the typical dutch stuff (hardstyle, gabber) with sets of hardtrance and sometimes UK hardcore included. The dutch music is what people here know about. Now we want to try and spred the UK sound to the ravers here so on the 30th this month we have booked Scott Brown and Nanobii (+local djs ofcourse) to come and play. Hopefully people will fall in love with the UK hardcore and in that case we can do more partys like this =)

This might not be all that much to discuss but I thought it would be fun to tell you guys that we are trying to get something started over here. I will let you know how it went. If someone wants to check the event out on fb here you have a link: https://www.facebook.com/events/720287308112597/742794495861878/

Alert moderator
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/04/20 :  05:51:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Hi and welcome to the HappyHardcore forums :)

You've probably already seen me on the event pages, and for me it's so close so to where I live so how could I not go? :P
It's sad that not more people in Sweden likes these kind of genre's, but then it did give me a chance to meet some nice people when I got to the UK.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/04/20 :  06:07:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage
Thank you =)
Yes it is a bit sad, but who knows what the future might bring (trying to stay positive over here).
Make sure to come over and say hello at the event =)

Edited by - Golion on 2016/04/20 06:07:48
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/04/21 :  10:51:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Best of luck with this :)

I know there are around 10 Swedish ravers who travel to HTID in the Sun each year. Hopefully numbers you guys can build upon!

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2016/04/21 :  13:43:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
Bah, Malm?!!!

Gothenburg and I'll come! :P

My SOUNDCLOUD

Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/04/23 :  14:25:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage
Claxton: Thanks! I know that some guys are traveling pretty far for this. Just hoping that the local people who are more used to hardstyle/dutch hardcore will still show up.

Quicksliver: We will stick to Malm?, someone else will have to bring the happy sound to Gothenburg =)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/04/23 :  20:00:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
oh come on, it's just a 3 hour train journey on the same train :P

Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/05/03 :  19:03:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage
The weekend is over and I must say that it went really well. Around 200 people came and enjoyed uk hardcore (that is alot around here). Scott Brown seemed to like the atmosphere (take a look at his facebook fanpage for a short video he recorded from behind the mixer). I am sure that we will organize more partys like this in the future =)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/05/03 :  19:13:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Considering the 40-50 people that where in Stockholm the one time I was there, yea it's definitly alot more.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/05/04 :  15:04:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
I saw Scott Brown's post.

200 is an excellent number. Well done! So a UK Hardcore dedicated event in Sweden, that really is tremendous.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/05/04 :  17:01:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

200 is an excellent number. Well done! So a UK Hardcore dedicated event in Sweden, that really is tremendous.

I can't remember how many where on the finland event I was on, considering it was on a boat it was enough people (sadly I am not sure it went over 100, atleast never at the same time :)

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2016/05/05 :  18:25:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
http://summerburst.se/

Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/05/06 :  12:26:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

Thank you! I'm very happy with the 200+ people and Scott brown was one nice guy =)

Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/10/07 :  19:30:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage
The last time we tryed uk/happy hardcore it was so much fun that we are doing a follow-up, but this time with a twist. It will be uk hardcore vs hardcore/gabber. We have booked Fracus & Darwin from the UK and Detest from Germany to represent the differents styles of hardcore. Lets hope it will as good as the party with Scott Brown and Nanobii =)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page