Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  19:59:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Yeah, we get it, you're part of "the seen" now and criticism is not becoming.

This is a fan forum. It's not our fault that, as fans, we see a lot more that's negative than positive about the hardcore scene circa 2016. And this is just the small number of us loyal enough to stick around and watch hardcore degenerate.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the forum dying wouldn't be the worst thing. Happy hardcore died in 2012 and this forum should reflect that fact.

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

I was fulling willing to accept Gammer's hipster ******** until I saw him talking shit about kandy kids (perhaps joking, but still).

Well to be fair, kandy kids are a big fucking joke, but it's not a good idea for him to criticize a group that is the sole reason he's popular in the US.

May I ask what it is you hate about kandy kids? Not trying to argue or anything, just curious.
I'm a kandy kid who's guilty of layering it on up to my shoulders, but I'll never understand the hype behind the huge 3d cuffs.

You should be swapping drugs not bracelets!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:04:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Yeah, we get it, you're part of "the seen" now and criticism is not becoming.

This is a fan forum. It's not our fault that, as fans, we see a lot more that's negative than positive about the hardcore scene circa 2016. And this is just the small number of us loyal enough to stick around and watch hardcore degenerate.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the forum dying wouldn't be the worst thing. Happy hardcore died in 2012 and this forum should reflect that fact.

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

I was fulling willing to accept Gammer's hipster ******** until I saw him talking shit about kandy kids (perhaps joking, but still).

Well to be fair, kandy kids are a big fucking joke, but it's not a good idea for him to criticize a group that is the sole reason he's popular in the US.

May I ask what it is you hate about kandy kids? Not trying to argue or anything, just curious.
I'm a kandy kid who's guilty of layering it on up to my shoulders, but I'll never understand the hype behind the huge 3d cuffs.

You should be swapping drugs not bracelets!

Cyrax knows. real talk :D

Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Jaybee has attended 24 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:05:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage  Reply with quote
Lollllll maybe when I was younger ;)

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:11:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
You kids taking drugs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2nq8DzYToE

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:16:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
So does anyone know what happened to MC Massive or...?

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:17:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Love that we're all so oblivious to the fact that the thread has been derailed as per Claxton's predictions :D

Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:20:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Love that we're all so oblivious to the fact that the thread has been derailed as per Claxton's predictions :D

Honestly, as a new member, I feel awkward posting in any threads that are not currently active because many seem to have been dormant for awhile and I've been on forums where you get yelled at for bumping old things. So apologies! I'm a little excited lately.

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:22:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Honestly, as a new member, I feel awkward posting in any threads that are not currently active because many seem to have been dormant for awhile and I've been on forums where you get yelled at for bumping old things. So apologies! I'm a little excited lately.

I know. I hate it when you have an honest question (about hardcore) but it doesn't warrant a brand new thread so you have to weave it in to something irrelevant and hope someone spots it.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:26:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I had a cheese scone earlier

Edited by - djDMS on 2016/10/10 20:45:51
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:29:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I can't speak for everyone but besides some people laughing about a necro'd thread, I can't see anyone getting upset about it. I visit quite a lot throughout the day and love seeing 'New topics since last visit (something >0)'. Necro away! And if it turns out you need a new thread, all the better.

Just don't start a thread about the latest kandi trends :D

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:32:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
This forum is as dead as a door knocker these days

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  20:44:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote

quote:

Feel free to bump whatever you want. You're new, it's fine

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  21:16:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
US type kandi grates on me to be honest, I got given my first thing the other week at HAS but the dude wasn't like sucking a dummy or anything. It's just a bit much I think... like I have read some proper ridiculous shit about people handing over kandi with some kind of special handshake and then someone giving someone else a lightshow and it being like sooooo cool. Like ****s sake, you're all getting wrecked in a room, have a dance. wtf is a 3d cuff? lol

I tried to give someone a piece during the Scott Brown set this last weekend, and she started to do a handshake (like, peace, a heart.. wtf, i've seen it online but never in person) and I didn't and then I went to do it and I think it just confused the both of us. The way I always did it was you would just essentially hold hands, and transfer it from your arm to theirs. A hug or something after if you want.

3D cuffs are ridiculous. Just search like 3d kandy cuff on google images. I don't know how people deal with that all night.

I have been known to do some pretty ridiculous stuff myself, though. I remember going to a few parties in a pair of fuzzies that could easily of fit like 2-3 more ravers in one pant leg alone.

lol; yea; that was the typical plur trade since i have been in the scene; i guess the older method is the easier one you mentioned haha. 3ds def got big for awhile; everyone was decked out; but **** that. so sweaty; i lost shit constantly; flies off when dancing; harder to dance; just **** it.

now i just freehand with my flowtoys old school style; super proud ! :D

My bf didn't wear any kandy out this last weekend, and he said it was a lot easier to dance. Even without the phat pants.
I can see myself wearing less kandy (maybe even no kandy, I only had like 7 or 8 total over the weekend) but I can't give up the pants........

hell no we are not giving up the pants. i rep my JNCO or kikwear every party; venue or dirt; rain or shine >:)

Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  21:34:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage  Reply with quote
I got too fat to fit in my kikgirls so they just sit in my closet. I still have all my custom pants though.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  21:42:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
This thread has completely derailed, much like Claxton's DJ career!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page