of 8

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  13:40:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Yeah, we get it, you're part of "the seen" now and criticism is not becoming.

This is a fan forum. It's not our fault that, as fans, we see a lot more that's negative than positive about the hardcore scene circa 2016. And this is just the small number of us loyal enough to stick around and watch hardcore degenerate.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the forum dying wouldn't be the worst thing. Happy hardcore died in 2012 and this forum should reflect that fact.

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have a place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

And another thing: why is it that EDMcore isn't inspiring people to sign up and discuss it on here? Why hasn't it evoked the passion required to create online communities centered around it? Last I heard, Gammer had gone back to calling it happy hardcore. Happyhardcore.com seem like the perfect place to go and discuss it, no? But nobody cares enough about this new bollocks to get involved.

Nobody gives a shit about forums any more. We should just create a happy hardcore subreddit (as reddit still gets **** loads of traffic) and be done with it.

In regards to the rest of the thread - when did you all get so old? You all sound like jaded old men.

you what mate? those subreddits that already exists are as active was when Smoogie posted video's constantly.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  14:35:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

This is a fan forum. It's not our fault that, as fans, we see a lot more that's negative than positive about the hardcore scene circa 2016. And this is just the small number of us loyal enough to stick around and watch hardcore degenerate.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the forum dying wouldn't be the worst thing. Happy hardcore died in 2012 and this forum should reflect that fact.

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have a place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

And another thing: why is it that EDMcore isn't inspiring people to sign up and discuss it on here? Why hasn't it evoked the passion required to create online communities centered around it? Last I heard, Gammer had gone back to calling it happy hardcore. Happyhardcore.com seem like the perfect place to go and discuss it, no? But nobody cares enough about this new bollocks to get involved.

Nobody gives a shit about forums any more. We should just create a happy hardcore subreddit (as reddit still gets **** loads of traffic) and be done with it.

In regards to the rest of the thread - when did you all get so old? You all sound like jaded old men.

you what mate? those subreddits that already exists are as active was when Smoogie posted video's constantly.

You inb4'd me.

I was just gonna say: we already have one and it's dead.

I occasionally check that Subreddit but it offers even less of a community than this place. It's basically pointless. And don't even get me started on how shitty it is that Reddit has replaced the traditional foum model.

Hardcore discussion online is basically:
Soundcloud = suck off the producers directly
Facebook = here be drama
HH.com = jaded ex-ravers complaining about things in coherent sentences
And then we used to have USH, which was basically a 2016 HH.com on roids.

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/11 14:41:06
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  15:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

Funny, I just posted a new video like two minutes ago...

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  17:38:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

I was fulling willing to accept Gammer's hipster ******** until I saw him talking shit about kandy kids (perhaps joking, but still).

Well to be fair, kandy kids are a big fucking joke, but it's not a good idea for him to criticize a group that is the sole reason he's popular in the US.

May I ask what it is you hate about kandy kids? Not trying to argue or anything, just curious.

They're quite possibly some of the stupidest human beings I've ever had the displeasure of talking to, or try to talk to. They have little depth in character and many of them just seem immature and oblivious to the things going on around them.

Yes I like to talk about the scene but I also enjoy having conversations about other subjects as well like current events. This is why I've enjoyed talking with the HTID ITS ravers when I went 4 years ago the people I met seemed so damn normal I almost didn't believe they really existed. Give me British ravers orver US ravers any day!

i think the problem is you need to start talking to kandi kids over the age of 17?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  18:08:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

I was fulling willing to accept Gammer's hipster ******** until I saw him talking shit about kandy kids (perhaps joking, but still).

Well to be fair, kandy kids are a big fucking joke, but it's not a good idea for him to criticize a group that is the sole reason he's popular in the US.

May I ask what it is you hate about kandy kids? Not trying to argue or anything, just curious.

They're quite possibly some of the stupidest human beings I've ever had the displeasure of talking to, or try to talk to. They have little depth in character and many of them just seem immature and oblivious to the things going on around them.

Yes I like to talk about the scene but I also enjoy having conversations about other subjects as well like current events. This is why I've enjoyed talking with the HTID ITS ravers when I went 4 years ago the people I met seemed so damn normal I almost didn't believe they really existed. Give me British ravers orver US ravers any day!

i think the problem is you need to start talking to kandi kids over the age of 17?

I have. Hence my criticism.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  18:34:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How odd... every kandi kid i know ( actually; ever raver) was supporting Sanders... Which was obviously; far and away; the clearest sign of sanity & intelligence. I recall you voted for someone else though...

So remember; what you think is " intelligent" is ENTIRELY subjective ;)

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  21:02:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Nah it was the place to be in 2002-2005.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  23:12:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
The issues is that young people don't even know how to type a URL in, unless it's an app on their phone it doesn't exist.... yes I could make an app, but what would it do besides stream the radio perhaps?

Alternatively, I could make a select bunch of you mods and you could do what you could make the forums what you think it should be.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  23:27:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Alternatively, I could make a select bunch of you mods and you could do what you could make the forums what you think it should be.

This would have to be done very carefully to avoid privileging any particular faction. HH.com is the last bastion of real hardcore discussion amongst literate fans. It should never be allowed to turn into a circlejerk in either direction.

We could obviously split the forum up slightly by having sub-sections for happy hardcore, UK hardcore and modern hardcore. But this idea is based on the premise that there are people out there who would like to sign up but are put off by the lack of discussion or amount of criticism pertaining to their chosen style. This premise may or may not hold true. My idea is only of legitimate use if we have the ability to attract new members.

If I had a "UK hardcore" section, I would use it in a collective project to track down new tracks in the UK hardcore style and discuss them as well as all the '00s hardcore that already exists, of course. I might make a thread like this anyway actually. :)

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  00:39:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
The issues is that young people don't even know how to type a URL in, unless it's an app on their phone it doesn't exist.... yes I could make an app, but what would it do besides stream the radio perhaps?

I myself am not a big fan of apps. It is a good idea but you will never find them on my phone as I don't se them. I am getting old fashioned now and I am very PC orientated. On some gaming forums I knock around on there is talk that 'PC games are going out' while 'app games are coming in' and this leads to a divide between Old Skool gamers and the newer crowd.

Personally I would find it a very sad day if forums really did hit the dust and everything was only app centred.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  04:01:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:

I myself am not a big fan of apps. It is a good idea but you will never find them on my phone as I don't se them. I am getting old fashioned now and I am very PC orientated. On some gaming forums I knock around on there is talk that 'PC games are going out' while 'app games are coming in' and this leads to a divide between Old Skool gamers and the newer crowd.

Personally I would find it a very sad day if forums really did hit the dust and everything was only app centred.

I completely agree. Why does everything have to be a ****ing app these days? Unfortunately, your vision of the future is only a matter of time. But it won't be apps that replace forums; it will be Reddit-like centralised content aggregators (which, in my opinion, is just as bad or worse).

The internet has thoroughly regressed this decade. Now everything's all about streamlining the process of collecting as much data about you as possible for the corporations, the government and **** knows who else. It's all ****ed: 20 trackers on every page, forums being replaced by shitty Subreddits, everything becoming centralised around the same dozen or so companies, useless phone apps to access a single site while handily letting the site owners know your exact location at all times, Facebook replacing every distributed means of communication like IRC and the old IM model where you actually had freedom and choices, social media breeding a generation of lazy narcissists.

I've been on the internet since I was about 3. I've watched it evolve from the days when you could still print a list of every registered domain name on one ream of paper. And then I started watching it degenerate again. I could write an essay about it (I won't :P) but suffice it to say that, much like hardcore, the internet peaked in the mid '00s.

EDIT: I obviously don't believe that HH.com will ever head in that direction. I love this site partly because it's a bastion of the internet I know and love: old school forums dedicated to a single subject and controlled by singular, accountable individuals (and when I say "old school", I mean old school; the forum software on here is a relic -- who built a forum on ASP anyway ffs?).

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/12 04:23:53
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  05:02:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
IF anything, I think the site should have a css style for mobile users. As long as everything important has a ID or a CLASS tag asigned to them :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  05:03:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't really think there's much point in creating further sections - there's not enough traffic as it is.

I fully agree about the app shite. I too like forums, it really seems like most of the hardcore 'discussion' is done on facebook these days, I know the posts stay there but realistically anything that gets said is gone within a couple of days - it'd be so hard to find again anyway.

I doubt there's really a solution for here, probably just have to keep doing what we do

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  06:51:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How odd... every kandi kid i know ( actually; ever raver) was supporting Sanders... Which was obviously; far and away; the clearest sign of sanity & intelligence. I recall you voted for someone else though...

So remember; what you think is " intelligent" is ENTIRELY subjective ;)

Voting for someone just because you like what you hear does not mean you're making the better decision. Just look at the deplorables that are the Trump supporters. They know he has absolutely no governmental experience and no solid plans how he's going to make anything he has promised happen, yet they're voting for him because they like what they hear from him, especially his pussy grabbing antics.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  07:02:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
...pussy grabbing antics.

I wouldn't mind some of that for myself.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page