Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  07:25:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
Maybe we could be allowed to discuss forthcoming events, albums, releases etc in the general forum without them being moved. That's not a dig, it's a straight up suggestion/request. I don't think I'm on my own here when I say I check the general discussion page 99% of the time and the rest of the site gets the the remaining 1%. I'm sure easing up on this would keep the juices flowing.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Mickey Init on 2016/10/12 07:27:25
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  08:12:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
Discussion is slow as it is, if anything you should bundle everything into one big section, this is one of the very few sites my work filter doesn't block me from :)

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  09:46:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage  Reply with quote
Besides the outdated forum design I think this forum is pretty decent.
A few more members wouldn't hurt, but I enjoy reading discussions, updates and questions about the scene here from both veteran and new hardcore fans. Some things that get said I disagree with, some I do agree with... but that's the point of a forum. I wouldn't want any circle jerking (unless duly deserved).

Reddit has promise but it's more-so people just posting Soundcloud or YouTube links to new music and doesn't have much in terms of the discussion aspect that I like about this forum.

Edited by - jordesuvi on 2016/10/12 09:47:18
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  10:53:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
IF anything, I think the site should have a css style for mobile users. As long as everything important has a ID or a CLASS tag asigned to them :P

Fully agree with that, would be up for helping out too. Pick either Bootstrap or Materialize for simplicity and just give it a lick of new paint.

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/10/14 :  15:45:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage  Reply with quote
Some ideas. First of all i am somewhat old-fashioned as well and hate doing stuff on the phone. Nevertheless i see how important it is to make things accessible to different approaches and get to the people where they are. So...

Easy things
  • New Design! The website looks as old as it is. New CSS (depending on the code) could be all that is needed plus some neat banners at the top. A mobile CSS would also be a good start.

• Social Media Shit! There (surprisingly) already is a friend-system in place. A like-system could be added.

More elaborate things
  • Mobile App! Probably a lot of work. Maybe rather build a mobile version of the site and just ship a web browser that opens this site.

• Relaunch! This will be a lot of work and completely futile when not networked and advertised in the scene.

d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2016/10/16 :  01:31:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
I am still reading here from time to time, but I have mostly stopped posting, because 1) the forum software is... stuck in 1998, to put it nicely and 2) some discussions are taking a really negative path, even though it is not nearly Ush levels of bad. However I am still keeping up with what's happening, just like I was back in the Raver Baby Watch on Ush times.

To be quite honest, I don't think there is any chance to grow this forum. First of all, the forum software would have to be replaced completely with something that isn't made for ants on the desktop, is usable on mobile etc., then the many subforums are completely unnecessary since not everyone looks in all of those and the traffic doesn't warrant it. And then classic forums are having a hard time anyway and not many people are going to find the community or will register.

The only way forward, although I don't think this idea wouldl find much love, would be to create a polished (with a fresh custom style etc.) Subreddit on reddit.com or to merge with Harderstate if they would be even interested.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/10/16 :  07:16:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
Many people are posting about how old the site looks. I implore the mods/owner, if a redesign is ever considered, then please have an option to view the site in the current style. It isn't a matter of this site being old and newer styles being available. It's a matter of this site being aesthetically pleasing and easy to use, and newer forum styles being ugly and hard to navigate because of the terrible graphic design.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/16 :  14:57:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
I think it would be better to compress the forum rather than water it down even more. There isn't enough discussion.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/16 :  15:16:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

In terms of appearances I've not seen anything newer that is better. It does what it is supposed to do. No more and no less.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2016/10/16 15:17:26
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/10/16 :  16:34:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

In terms of appearances I've not seen anything newer that is better. It does what it is supposed to do. No more and no less.

So did Ford Scorpios.

Si Thompson
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,362 posts
Posted - 2016/10/16 :  18:56:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Si Thompson's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I've defended the people on this forum for a long, long time.

"We should respect the people on the forum because they love the music more than anyone else..." etc etc.

I've also met some amazing friends because of the forum.

But 90% of what I read on here these days is complete bollocks: utter misinformed drivel. It's impossible to have a meaningful discussion without it being derailed by some plum.

RIP the forum.

You should have been here 2005-2010! This was the place to be!

I was on USH....

Same here. I was on USH from 2001-2011/12 (When the site closed)

The Rave Music Archive
https://soundcloud.com/the_rave_music_archive
https://www.youtube.com/c/theravemusicarchive

Kool Katz Digital
https://soundcloud.com/kool-katz-digital

chemtrailskies
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
chemtrailskies has attended 6 events
Posted - 2016/10/17 :  17:05:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit chemtrailskies's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Yeah, we get it, you're part of "the seen" now and criticism is not becoming.

This is a fan forum. It's not our fault that, as fans, we see a lot more that's negative than positive about the hardcore scene circa 2016. And this is just the small number of us loyal enough to stick around and watch hardcore degenerate.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the forum dying wouldn't be the worst thing. Happy hardcore died in 2012 and this forum should reflect that fact.

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

I was fulling willing to accept Gammer's hipster ******** until I saw him talking shit about kandy kids (perhaps joking, but still).

Well to be fair, kandy kids are a big fucking joke, but it's not a good idea for him to criticize a group that is the sole reason he's popular in the US.

May I ask what it is you hate about kandy kids? Not trying to argue or anything, just curious.

They're quite possibly some of the stupidest human beings I've ever had the displeasure of talking to, or try to talk to. They have little depth in character and many of them just seem immature and oblivious to the things going on around them.

Yes I like to talk about the scene but I also enjoy having conversations about other subjects as well like current events. This is why I've enjoyed talking with the HTID ITS ravers when I went 4 years ago the people I met seemed so damn normal I almost didn't believe they really existed. Give me British ravers orver US ravers any day!

i think the problem is you need to start talking to kandi kids over the age of 17?

I have. Hence my criticism.

How odd... every kandi kid i know ( actually; ever raver) was supporting Sanders... Which was obviously; far and away; the clearest sign of sanity & intelligence. I recall you voted for someone else though...

So remember; what you think is " intelligent" is ENTIRELY subjective ;)

Ron Paul 2016

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/10/18 :  10:48:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
boobies

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2016/10/18 :  15:30:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
boobies

titties

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/18 :  16:08:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
boobies

titties

hooters

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page