Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Helter skelter events after the millennium
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2017/01/22 :  18:33:18  Show profile Send a private message
Evening guys

Helter skelter decadance in 1999 was my first event i attended when I was 18, I was buying the tape packs since1996 though, and was gutted when they called it a day at the end of the millennium, anyway did anyone attend the 3 hardcore events they put on in 2001 at bowlers with compulsion? Apparently the main arena was 3 times the size of the sanctuary !

Anyway I wondered why they stopped after energy 2001 in august but carried on with the drum and bass accelerated culture brand and I was reading some of the old skelter newsletters today and in July of 2001 bowlers got sold and the new owners didn't want raves put on in bowlers at the time,

So does anyone know why they didn't go back to using the sanctuary for hardcore after this?
I know In 2002 they started the human traffic thing putting on hardcore line ups in what was the old technodrome upstairs in the sanctuary but this didn't last.

Are they still putting on drum n bass events today?

Alert moderator
Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2017/01/23 :  02:17:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage
Yes the main arena really was that big, even with 3000 ravers in there it still seemed empty this was the night i got to meet and chat with MC Junior who was doing a live PA with Force & Styles, Very nice down to earth man.

That very night while we was raving, riots where going on in Bolton Greater Manchester between the local whites and muslims, the rave itself was wild aswell, lots of moody scallys with too much attitude, i also remember reading about the new owners at the time now wanting raves in the venue anymore, that was a lease until someone else took the venue over later on.

I went to the Human Traffic raves in Brum, there was definition a connection with Hixxy & CO with these raves, which gave them the confidence to start the HTID, which had a connection to Helter skelter.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2017/01/23 :  10:02:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
Ah I see as I remember htid was part of the sidewinder brand

I know they have done a few things since then hardcore wise like the event with uproar just a shame they never started the hardcore up again properly after the Manchester events

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  14:00:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
'The Millennium' wow, I haven't heard that phrase mentioned in a long time!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page