Total online 1664
 Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Dutch PPL: What's going on over there right now?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2003/07/02 :  09:50:51  Show profile Send a private message
hallo to the dutch people, just wanted to know but could one of you update me (and possibly the rest of the UK, well, the whole world) on what's going on over there with music genres and scenes?
you all still into your Gabber (old and nu) and Terror? or is somthing else going on?
I just wonder but say if I went over to amsterdam right now, if I walked down the street would a car go buy playing loud gabber or is it only a minority playing it?

oh and also to belgium, what's going on there too?

I think UK garage is crap IMO

Alert moderator
Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2003/07/04 :  16:19:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage
by next week I'll be there, and I will check...but guess it be a big NO! to hear someone play hardcore in there car in a'dam or any place...its hard to believe

_ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ___
I was 41,47727272727273 % insane last year,
now I'm 51.70454545454546 %insane

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hydra

Netherlands
60 posts
Posted - 2003/07/06 :  04:18:09  Show profile  Send a private message
Well, hardcore is really becoming quite big again here in the Netherlands since the last two years or so and you see a lot of gabbers on the streets again. Yet the hardcore that's popular here is quite different from your hardcore: here the people are all into gabber (Neophyte, Rotterdam Terror Corps, Paul Elstak, Bass D, King Matthew) and industrial/experimental (Armageddon project, Hellfish, DJ Producer, Simon Underground) and not into the trancy hardcore, happy hardcore or freeform like the people from the UK. 99% of the gabber people here know nothing about the hardcore scene and style in the UK.

Since last year, also big gabber raves are thrown again: this year there already has been a Hellraiser with 20,000 people and two editions of Masters of Hardcore (www.mastersofhardcore.com) with 10,000 people each and there's going to be a really huge edition of Thunderdome (www.id-t.com) again this fall in the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht with 25,000 people! MoH is seen here as the organisation which 'saved' the scene a bit, because MoH kept on throwing gabber raves, even during the bad period in 1999.

The fact that hardcore is becoming so big again is because of the popularity of the music style we call 'hardstyle', which is basically a mixture of german hardtrance, italian techno and uk hardhouse. Lady Dana (www.ladydana.com) is the most popular 'hardstyle' DJ and other popular DJ's are Pavo, Technoboy, Luna and Super Marco May. Hardstyle is the most populair style within dance music here right now: trance is not so popular any more since the rise of hardstyle. UK hardhouse, which was popular here some years ago, now isn't really popular any more - the only DJ's and groups of that style that still are popular are Yoji Biomehanika and Lab 4.

Lastly, to answer your question: No, it's not strange to drive in a car with banging gabber playing. In fact, my friends and I did the same yesterday (yet not in Amsterdam but in the town where we live :) ).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a love but it didn't last...
Wonderfull days belong to the past!

Edited by - Hydra on 2003/07/06 04:19:15
Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2003/07/14 :  07:04:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
Well, around here hardcore is listened to by a minority called "gabbers" (means friends or pals). We don't distinuish our music the same way you guyz do. e.g.: what you guyz call gabber, we just call hardcore. We also split hardcore in subgenres like terror (which U already knew), darkcore, noisecore, deathcore (not very popular), artcore (dutch only), speedcore and trancecore (not like most of the trancecore you guyz know). Happy hardcore is considered quite dead in our counties (holland and belgium) and us gabbers don't like it in general (except for me then).
Lately the hardcore-scene has been growing again after the hc-depression we had here several years back (end 1999-beginning 2001). People are partying like hell again and cd- and record-sales are going great again.
The only downside to the gabber-scene is that it is quite often mistaken for for a facist-scene (a gabber has some points in his look that are similar to skinheads) and therefor people don't like it or the gabbers.
That's about all of it in a nutshell.
If U got any more questions, just send me a PM.

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page