Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Best of bonkers
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 9

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  15:32:28  Show profile Send a private message View the linked resource
Dare i ask this question giving the responce various indaviduals gave to my last quetion about C.L.E.H 3 but here goes'

Whats your views on Bonkers 'The Best of' what are you expecting to be great and what are you expecting to be bad? will it be the same will it be 'The best' as said in the tittle.

All answers Good and Bad are welcome and pleas no one take offence to it its only peoples point of view.

Alert moderator
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  15:54:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
Well...

I think it will be good but I'm not buying it as I probably own all the tracks on it twice over at least.

Not too sure if Recon should be on it... Not that I have anything against him it's just he wasn't even a hardcore producer during the bulk of the 10 years bonkers has been about.

Great artwork.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
this-is-bonkers has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  16:44:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage
being the self proclaimed biggest bonkers fan lol, im really lookign forward to it, i cant wait to see the tracklisting, the artwork is fantastic i hope it stays like that aswell! but i think i agree with bulby_g that re-con shouldnt really be on it, they should have gotten Sy & Dougal Back oddly im really looking forward to driud & sharkeys mix..

personally i feel that it should have hixxy,sharkey,sy & dougal mixxing it but im shure this album will kick hard!! and sales will be through the roof!..

may the frickin force be with you

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  17:02:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
Well...

I think it will be good but I'm not buying it as I probably own all the tracks on it twice over at least.

Not too sure if Recon should be on it... Not that I have anything against him it's just he wasn't even a hardcore producer during the bulk of the 10 years bonkers has been about.

Great artwork.

I agree Re-Con is bit of a new commer when it comes to bonkers and frankly i dont think he should be on the Bonkers C.Ds what so ever, latley his tracks have been amazing i give him that but to be in somthing that has been running longer than most artists that have come to hardcore scene he needs to atleast make a massiv impact.

As for 'this-is-bonkers' i belive that the Bonkers Crew should be all originall artists and what are you on about leaving Scott Brown out!!! weirdo :p

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  17:36:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
True Recon is a newcomer, but his Bonkers 15 mix with Hixxy was a classic and put him in the "best of" category for me. Remember Best of Bonkers doesn't mean it has to be all old-school tracks, hopefully it will be a sample of tracks from all the 10 years of Bonkers' existence.

DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  17:51:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
Good point Leto his B15 was good also no one expects Bonkers 'Best of' to have many old school tracks any way, the scene started to grow an enormous amount when the 'Nu-Age' style of Hardcore cam out so my guess is that its going to be mainly Nu-Age hardcore.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,484 posts
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  19:15:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
I think that the mixes would progress through the classics then into the newest stuff. Hixxy and Re-con's mix would start off with tracks such as Toytown and Wizard of Oz and then progress through Antisocial, the eraly Raverbaby and into the latest stuff. Sharkey and Druid's mix would start off with Old skool Trancecore and Freeform from 96-99 the turn of the century Freeform and the latest Freeform. Scott Brown's mix would have all his stuff on any Bonkers from 1-8 and then anything from when he joined after Bonkers 9 (the end of the mix will be gabber)

Thats my though anyway!

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,683 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  19:20:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Pure:
also no one expects Bonkers 'Best of' to have many old school tracks any way,

Don't they? Well I do, I'd expect atleast half of the tracks to be pre Bonkers 8 anyway...

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  20:07:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:
being the self proclaimed biggest bonkers fan lol, im really lookign forward to it, i cant wait to see the tracklisting, the artwork is fantastic i hope it stays like that aswell! but i think i agree with bulby_g that re-con shouldnt really be on it, they should have gotten Sy & Dougal Back oddly im really looking forward to driud & sharkeys mix..

personally i feel that it should have hixxy,sharkey,sy & dougal mixxing it but im shure this album will kick hard!! and sales will be through the roof!..

You forgot about DJ Vibes!!! And also, I bet all the songs that were mixed at 175 BPM + on the old Bonkers will probobly be slown down to around 168-170 BPM

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2006/11/17 20:21:09
Jon O-T
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
929 posts
Jon O-T has donated money to the site
Posted - 2006/11/17 :  23:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message
I also think the choice of DJs could have been better. If it was me organising it i would have...

CD1 Hixxy
CD2 Sharkey
CD3 Scott Brown
CD4 Dougal (and Gammer?)
CD5 Sy and Unknown

Yes thats a lot of DJs and CDs but its the 10 year aniversery!! I really don't see what the point is in only having 3 CDs. Give the ones that have been in it for a long time their own CD (Hixxy, Sharkey, Scott Brown) and the others that dont have as many bonkers mixes to put together put them 2 to a CD.

Each CD should be a progression of time IMO. Start with a classic like toytown, and by the end of each CD your back to break beat.

The album does seam appealing don't get me wrong, but if your going to celebrate a complition album that changed the scene for life, DO IT RIGHT!

Edited by - Jon O-T on 2006/11/17 23:37:11
-Bazza-
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,276 posts

18 hardcore releases
-Bazza- has donated money to the site
Posted - 2006/11/18 :  01:40:32  Show profile  Send a private message
It should be done as one long mash-up mix.

Edited by - -Bazza- on 2006/11/18 01:41:29
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
Posted - 2006/11/18 :  04:39:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Ha! I wonder what tracks they will pick from Bonkers 7!

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
Posted - 2006/11/18 :  04:40:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
I think that the mixes would progress through the classics then into the newest stuff. Hixxy and Re-con's mix would start off with tracks such as Toytown and Wizard of Oz and then progress through Antisocial, the eraly Raverbaby and into the latest stuff. Sharkey and Druid's mix would start off with Old skool Trancecore and Freeform from 96-99 the turn of the century Freeform and the latest Freeform. Scott Brown's mix would have all his stuff on any Bonkers from 1-8 and then anything from when he joined after Bonkers 9 (the end of the mix will be gabber)

Thats my though anyway!

Why does Hixxy & Re-Con's mix have to start out with "Toytown", notice the track is by Hixxy & Sharkey, for all we know, Sharkey and Druid could drop that track on thier mix!

DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2006/11/18 :  11:09:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Pure:
also no one expects Bonkers 'Best of' to have many old school tracks any way,

Don't they? Well I do, I'd expect atleast half of the tracks to be pre Bonkers 8 anyway...

Notice i said 'They' they might not have ment you ;) lol joking

tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2006/11/18 :  13:45:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
i really dont mind what happens! as long as they are remixes and not the originals. + in my opinion it should have 6cd's and have every dj bonkers has ever had picking out their favorite songs remixing them and plonking them in somewhere. that would be fun:)

anyway! warped_candykid whats wrong with bonkers 07!?!

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,484 posts
Posted - 2006/11/18 :  16:25:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
You forgot about DJ Vibes!!! And also, I bet all the songs that were mixed at 175 BPM + on the old Bonkers will probobly be slown down to around 168-170 BPM

I dobt any track would be slowed down, that would just not be the concept of Bonkers!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page