Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 wiil there be 4 albums in top 40 on monday
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  00:17:40  Show profile Send a private message View the linked resource
at the mo theres 3 but with Hardcore Adrenaline out on monday there will no doubt be 4! Now for everyone whos pissed off with the sh*te and money grabbers ect! You can't argue the fact that HARDCORE is selling CD's! and I've never known 4 Hardcore CD's being in the chart at the same time! I really think 2007 will be even bigger! I've got all the younger lads in my work asking to borrow my older CD's (at the start of 2006 they all hated it)

THERS NO F**KING WAY IT WILL DIE THIS YEAR!

Alert moderator
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  00:26:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Love the topic title.

No, there'll be 40 albums in the top 40 on monday! :P

Seriously though, i'm having mixed feelings because although there'll be 4 hardcore albums in the chart, they're mostly pretty weak imo as far as representing hardcore goes.

I haven't bought any of them, and have no immediate plans to do so. Having so many albums beong released has made me more choosy - meaning i buy less!

I just pray that the quality of the tunes doesn't continue on this downhill slide - cover after cover, remix after remix.
The only people making original tunes are the ones who don't get featured on big selling albums enough!

No, hardcore won't die this year - but hopefully the sound will go in different directions, with the fresher sounds standing on their own 2 feet instead of being overshadowed by useless charty remixes.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  01:14:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Love the topic title.

Seriously though, i'm having mixed feelings because although there'll be 4 hardcore albums in the chart, they're mostly pretty weak imo as far as representing hardcore goes.

I haven't bought any of them, and have no immediate plans to do so. Having so many albums beong released has made me more choosy - meaning i buy less!

I just pray that the quality of the tunes doesn't continue on this downhill slide - cover after cover, remix after remix.
The only people making original tunes are the ones who don't get featured on big selling albums enough!

No, hardcore won't die this year - but hopefully the sound will go in different directions, with the fresher sounds standing on their own 2 feet instead of being overshadowed by useless charty remixes.

class reply! I fell for that one! BOB has a bit about it this time! but for new people that buy this CD it will give them something to think about for some different sounds! (older stuff of a few genres) The thing is though I know so many people in work and friends and family(pre 20) who havn't or didn't listen to hardcore 18 months ago and now its lend me your CD's! Of course they wan't to listen to the cheese! but were do u start from? I'm all about Speedcore and gabba! its my favourite hardcore! but surely the more people that listen to it the more the chance of some young kid (16,17,18ish) whos got fresh ideas! and does something different in the whole hardcore scene!

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  02:09:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage
The only recent album i may buy is the helter v raindance and that will only be for disc 1.

MegaJynx

United States
85 posts
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  03:22:52  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Love the topic title.

When I read the 40 in the top 40 bit, I actually did laugh out loud :p anyway, 4 hardcore CD's on the top 40 of what chart anyway?

As for the Hardcore taking off and crap, my only three fears will be that:

A, other genres will attempt to "influence" it, otherwise, DOMINATE the hardcore genre (not to say that this would be a total bad thing, seeing change has kept it alive so long, I just mean change to make it acceptable to mainstream and over-deviating from hardcore itself, if i make any sense)
B, It will "peak over" or get caught up in too much hype and will become non-existant shortly thereafter
C, Chavs will take over the world... >.>

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,683 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  03:24:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage
^^ UK compilations chart (I think).

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  03:51:22  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by MegaJynx:
A, other genres will attempt to "influence" it, otherwise, DOMINATE the hardcore genre (not to say that this would be a total bad thing, seeing change has kept it alive so long, I just mean change to make it acceptable to mainstream and over-deviating from hardcore itself, if i make any sense)

didn't that already happen?

MegaJynx

United States
85 posts
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  04:32:51  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
quote:
Originally posted by MegaJynx:

didn't that already happen?

oh yea, good point :P

this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
this-is-bonkers has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  08:25:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage
Hardcore has become commercial, so much so that (get this) TESCO!! had BOB, & have been getting quite a few other hardore albums too, this is a big deal unless your tesco stcoked hardore before because mine didnt it was all hip hop crap, teeny bopper dance & Rock...

may the frickin force be with you

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  09:25:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
quote:

Says it all there really...

Scruffles
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Scruffles has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  10:15:15  Show profile  Send a private message
I'm new to hardcore/happy hardcore, and it was this site's radio that got me into it (I've also taken to some gabber an listened to hardcoreradio.nl alot). But i prefer happy hardcore and asked for a Hardcore cd for my birthday, and was given Clubland X-Treme Hardcore Vol.3. I really like most of the tracks on it, but the cascada remixes anoy me because they'vez barely remixed it at all, just speed it up an put a bass on every beat =/ But i really like the majority of the tracks on it and want to buy the hardcore adrenaline album that's advertised on the homepage. But i know very little about the genre, dj's and labels. So i'm currently going by whatever i can get my hands on. Though a few tracks that i really like are Freaks - Hixxy, Sy & Unkown, Angel Eyes - Scott Brown and Sure feels good - Styles & Re-Con. Do any of these dj's have albums? Or is most of what people buy compilations albums? Also, which four albums are in the charts? Nobody's mentioned them yet and i'm not sure which chart the poster is refering to.

Edited by - Scruffles on 2007/01/18 10:16:45
Aaron-Htid

United Kingdom
26 posts
Aaron-Htid has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  10:58:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Aaron-Htid's homepage
helter skelter vs raindance isnt that good! especially cd1 :)) cd2 is good tho

phewcharyztik

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  12:19:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit phewcharyztik's homepage
The 4 albums are:

Helter Skelter vs Raindance : Hardcore 2007
Clubland X-Treme Hardcore 3
Best Of Bonkers
Hardcore Adrenaline

Scott Brown has a few unmixed albums out and Darren Styles is releasing his solo album this year, but it will probably be his hard dance stuff rather than hardcore.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,484 posts
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  13:50:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]:
BOB has a bit about it this time! but for new people that buy this CD it will give them something to think about for some different sounds! (older stuff of a few genres) The thing is though I know so many people in work and friends and family(pre 20) who havn't or didn't listen to hardcore 18 months ago and now its lend me your CD's! Of course they wan't to listen to the cheese! but were do u start from? I'm all about Speedcore and gabba! its my favourite hardcore! but surely the more people that listen to it the more the chance of some young kid (16,17,18ish) whos got fresh ideas! and does something different in the whole hardcore scene!

Some of the stuff on Best of Bonekrs is some of the best stuff I have heard in a long time! The Ruffneck classics near the end of Hixxy and Re-con's mix is amazing imo!

I have Helter Skelter vers. Raindance which is ok and no intention of Getting Clubland Extream Hardcore 3 or Hardcore Adrenaline as they will be mostly Upfront Hardcore with the usual Raverbaby remixes of club tunes and older stuff!

DarkMain

New Zealand
47 posts
DarkMain has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  13:55:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarkMain's homepage
Man, All this hardcore and I have to sit on the side lines... We get virtually no hardcore in NZ. :(

Any ways, Where can one see these charts?
Is there an official website that shows them?

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/01/18 :  14:20:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron-Htid:
helter skelter vs raindance isnt that good! especially cd1 :)) cd2 is good tho

ppfftt you just have bad taste in music ;) It's not the best "breaks" cd but it's OK.

Mind I do agree that CD2 is the strongest on the comp'.

It's the best offering there has been since Hardcore Underground anyways.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page