Total online 1436
 Radio listeners 171+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: UK & Ireland
 Back to the future old skool '07 (1 attended)
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2007/04/11 :  14:12:00  Show profile Send a private message View the linked resource
[1 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
Event name: Back to the future old skool '07
Starts: April 28th, 2007
City/Region: Scotland

Carling Academy Glasgow Presents:

Back To The Future Old Skool '07

Main Arena only:

Together for the first time in 10 years Hollands Old Skool DJ Legends!

Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo
Ultrasonic
Rhythmic State
Scott Brown
Mallorca Lee

Doors open @ 8 on Saturday 28 April
Tickets 12pounds up until Monday 9th April then 20pounds after that date.

To Book Your Tickets & For More Info Just Check Out
www.glasgow-academy.co.uk

Ultrasonic:

ULTRA-SONIC released their first single "Obsession" in 1992 and have remained a major force in dance music in Scotland ever since. Now some thirteen years later they release THE BEST OF ULTRA-SONIC - All the big tunes are there along with 'Live at Club Kinetic' plus three bonus tracks. This double CD is out now on RUMOUR RECORDS in association with CLUBSCENE RECORDS. It's also available to buy online from Rumour RecordsThe band are currently working on a brand new album and a single from the album is due for release April, 2004 As well as the single and album US will be releasing a DVD of their live performances.. This is because of the band rejoining their original label!

The Rhythmic State:

THE BAND FORMED IN DEC 92 BY NICK WILLIAMS AND ANDY COCOZZA,WE MADE A DEMO IN EARLY MARCH 93 AND SENT IT INTO TOM WILSONS "STEPPIN OUT" SHOW ON RADIO FORTH . A RECORD DEAL QUICKLY FOLLOWED AND 'POWER PEOPLE' WAS RELEASED IN JULY 93 ON STEPPIN OUT RECORDS. TRS WERE QUICKLY BECOMING THE HOTTEST ACT NORTH OF THE BORDER AND PLAYED VARIOUS GIGS THROUGHOUT SCOTLAND IRELAND AND THE NORTH OF ENGLAND QUICKLY ESTABLISHING TRS AS AN UNBEATABLE CROWD PULLING ACT. OCTOBER 93 SAW TRS PLAYING REZERECTION FOR THE FIRST TIME TO A 6000 STRONG CROWD PUTTING THEM IN THE TOP 4 ACTS NEXT TO TTF, Q-TEX AND ULTRASONIC.

Alert moderator
novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/04/13 :  05:48:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
this really does sound great, but whenever i hear those 2 guys names it makes me shake my head. they possessed no musical talent whatsoever!!!! the sampled far too much and stole stuff from uk artists! but this will be interesting of what will make for them in future events, maybe they may produce again? not sure...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2007/04/13 :  14:53:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Fair enough mate they may have sampled a lot but they did do a shit load for the scene! they had so many narrowminded dance heads listening to hardcore @ the time, which was putting hardcore on the map! I knew loads who loved them but couldn't really get into hardcore. You know what I mean?

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2007/04/13 :  15:44:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Charlie Lownoise and Mental Theo were immense at first, tunes like "the bird" are amazing proper 200 bpm + madness. You might not no it by name narkotik but is the one that goes "everybodys heard about the bird" and is stompy as you like.

Later though they got pish with kiddy tunes like hardcore feelings and that, i liked them when i was younger but the appeal has gone. They did do some good bouncy ones aswell though like "get free" and "ultimate sextrack" but mostly was shit. I do still think wonderful days is a tune aswell is a good crowd pleaser everyone gets into it.

About sampling i no they got a lotta shit off some dutch ravers for that, i dont get it? I buzzed off all the dutch mixes of brittish tunes, mostly always thought they became better with the gabber kicks. Loadsa labels like blatant beats and that over here ripped the dutch aswell is all part of hardcore and sometimes does good.

But on that lineup the best thing to see is definitely Rhythmic State, the reaction they get at scottish raves is unbelieveable.

"No D.S allowed, get the f*ck out" hahaha had many good times when they belted that out.

Ultrasonic i'll always have a lot of love for the early stuff, pioneers of some of the best hardcore. Is Mallorca still on the mic for them cos a couple years back was a diff guy, just wondering cos his names on the flyer but not beside u.s? From what i've heard im not too keen on there more modern tracks but at BTTF they'll go for the classics no doubt.

Looks a good event, havent been ravin back in glasgow since last years coloursfest, need to sort it out sometime just a pain in the arse gettin time off at minute.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2007/04/13 :  17:46:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
No mate, I think Mallorca Lee does his own stuff. he's been around for quite a while now. He has perfected the style of DJing & MCing together & he put's on some show! The lads from Ultrasonic are still the original members & are a couple of ****ing legends!!

Dj Fonz

United Kingdom
120 posts
Dj Fonz has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/04/13 :  18:15:30  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by narcotik:
No mate, I think Mallorca Lee does his own stuff. he's been around for quite a while now. He has perfected the style of DJing & MCing together

Also perfected how to make shit hard trance tunes!

You heard any of his attempts? Him and Davey forbes need shot!!

***edit***

almost forgot i'll be there, anyone else going?

Edited by - Dj Fonz on 2007/04/13 18:22:51
Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2007/04/14 :  23:06:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage
Man! im going.

CL & MT are my favorite group still today.

SeY

United Kingdom
66 posts
SeY has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/04/29 :  14:33:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SeY's homepage
yes it was true! i was at the event last night! the infamous duo were there, charlie lownoise and mental theo. they were absolutely rocking! playing a mixture of there old songs plus some more tunes from that era.
the full line up or the event was brilliant they all had the crowd rockin!

SeY

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page