Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Heaven awards...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
SiRave
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2007/08/06 :  12:00:19  Show profile Send a private message View the linked resource
alrighty people i was looking at last years winners on the home page before and i was a bit disappointed! When i see results like 'best hardcore producers: Darren Styles, Sy & Unknown, and Scott Brown' i get confused! dont get me wrong they are awesome producers who have been around for ages and the clarity of their productions is amazing, but theyre not exactly pushing boundaries are they?!

The majority of the people who listen and vote must be styles etc. fans and must see the list and go "best producer? hmm that 'save me' is a monster ill vote for stylesy baby" even though its nowhere near the best produced tune of the year.

This just makes it a popularity contest and not a reflection of who is actually the best producer. What do you guys think? i reckon they should have a producers/dj choice award where all the names in the scene get to pick the person who they think is producing best, or creating new directions or whatever.

http://www.myspace.com/ravessoloproject

Alert moderator
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2007/08/06 :  13:46:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage
i don't want darren styles to win anything except 'most enthusiasm for killing the scene since the turn of the new millenium'

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/08/06 :  15:23:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
show me an award ceremony that isnt a popularity contest and ill eat EVERYONES hat.

Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Jax has donated money to the site Jax has attended 6 events
Posted - 2007/08/06 :  15:26:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage
Well the awards are voted for by the people so its a bit obvious that the most popular people will win

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2007/08/06 :  18:29:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
i don't want darren styles to win anything except 'most enthusiasm for killing the scene since the turn of the new millenium'

no..... don't think there's an award for that!

tbh i'm a bit disapointed with meself actually given my votes last year. but thats when i were just starting to get into hardcore and i started on raverbaby, quosh etc. thats all i knew so those were the kinda things i voted for. so back then, for me, it was more of a popularity contest but once u get a bit further into the genre u grow out of that mentality and it becomes a bit more about the music. i'm already plannin me votes

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/08/06 :  18:33:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
quote:

Are you jealous of his sucess?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/08/06 :  19:05:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
quote:

Are you jealous of his sucess?

Isnt he always that? =P

anyways, I got 2 more runner ups for that title,

me and 95_was_the_time :D

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Dj ANIL

Canada
93 posts
Posted - 2007/08/07 :  21:46:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj ANIL's homepage
brilliant.

Sk8SiM
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,293 posts
Sk8SiM has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/08/07 :  22:53:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sk8SiM's homepage
Best Producer 2007:
Either Cube::Hard or Darwin!

Browse Below For Details

DJ Ham - Most Upliting (Darwin remix)
Release Me (Darwin Remix) - CLSM & Nikki Mak

^^^^ TWO COMPLETE ANTHEMS AND LEGANDNESS TUNES OF THIS YEAR! (and would you look at that - there Remixes!)

Cube::Hard:

Equalibrium - Cube::Hard
Stingray - Poison Rain & Cube::Hard
Under Pressure - Cube::Hard Vs Darwin
DJ's Unite (Cube::Hard Remix)- DJ Seduction
U R Everything (Cube::Hard Remix) - Hellix
See You On The Other Side - Cube::Hard v CLSM
Voice Of Calm - Cube::Hard vs Kevin Energy

If fact you know what... lets change the context here!
BEST PRODUCERS OF THE DECADE [In Hardcore!]

And then were talking about the producers Above...

Now... Ladies and Gentlemen... I Present...
.... Darren Styles

Crowd:

....Just not the same is it once you lay the cards down on the table!

Darren Styles, although very talented in his field of work... Still just doesn't come ANYWHERE close to the real thing. ...And by that i mean all the extremely talented individuals that contuine to make our scene & industry fun to work in, party in, and be part of! (Not fame hungry fools!)

Sk8SiM/Morrall Studios.

Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Meph751 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/08/08 :  00:12:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage
the lack of darwin in the voting for best producer is an abomination

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2007/08/08 :  00:38:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
You can make up for it by voting for him in Breakthrough though ;)

It's hardly suprising that he, alongside other talented "underground" producers, isn't listed in that category because to the average voter they aren't visible enough. The fact that Joey and Kurt are so prominently featured is proof positive that things can change, so it's not all doom and gloom :D

CDJay

Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Posted - 2007/08/08 :  01:16:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage
yea only problem is i don't seem him as the biggest breakthrough dj! i absolutely love darwin as a producer but i've heard next to nothing of him as a dj. not sure what ill end up doing...these awards are ********! :p arghh

LEE UHF

United Kingdom
259 posts
LEE UHF is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2007/08/09 :  13:08:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit LEE UHF's homepage
Really disappointed with this, Its totally fixed now. You basically have to vote for who they say in those options.. Thats just leading people to vote for what they want, Its a disaster:(

Where is Storm trooper on the breakthrough? Why Is dougal & Gammer- Tears I Cried in best tune it was out 2005.

Why is raver baby on this years best label it has not had 1 release this year?

Why are Lethal Theory & Muffin on best label with 1 release, when Notorious & Kaotik are nearing 10 releases yet are not up there?

etc. etc. etc.

Wont be voting myself this year if it wasn't for supporting my boys Kurt, Joey & Obie

:(

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/08/09 :  13:13:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LEE UHF:
Really disappointed with this, Its totally fixed now. You basically have to vote for who they say in those options.. Thats just leading people to vote for what they want, Its a disaster:(

Where is Storm trooper on the breakthrough? Why Is dougal & Gammer- Tears I Cried in best tune it was out 2005.

Why are Lethal Theory & Muffin on best label with 1 release, when Notorious & Kaotik are nearing 10 releases yet are not up there?

etc. etc. etc.

Wont be voting myself this year if it wasn't for supporting my boys Kurt, Joey & Obie

Why Is dougal & Gammer- Tears I Cried in best tune it was out 2005.

didnt know it was that old

top tune though.

Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Posted - 2007/08/09 :  21:30:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LEE UHF:

etc. etc. etc.

agree entirely, i was extremely selective with what i answered :(

Dj ANIL

Canada
93 posts
Posted - 2007/08/09 :  21:34:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj ANIL's homepage
Best labels Next Generation Records and Raverbaby.

Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page