Total online 1642
 Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
  Articles >> Interviews : DJ Frisky
Interviews
Interviews with artists, DJ's, promotors.
    DJ Frisky
Author: silver
Rate this resource!

DJ Frisky

Frisky mixing it up
Q: Who are you, where you from, what do you do?
A: DJ Frisky from Toronto Canada. I DJ as well as produce.

Q: How did you choose your DJ / artist name?
A: No amusing story behind this one just thought it sounded good.

Q: Got into hardcore when and why?
A: Got into the "rave" music sound around 1991 and 92. Was first into early breakbeat stuff and from there got into jungle/drum and bass. Some time in 93 or 94 I got a Carl Cox tape which had what was hardcore at the time and I was hooked from then on.

Q: How many track releases you have under your belt?
A: Got a few forthcoming things but nothing officially pressed on wax. ATM02 will be out shortly and that has a remix I did with Hujib. I've got some stuff coming out on HectTech with DOK and Hujib, track I did with Storm on his new label, as well as forthcoming stuff on Hyperstomp and ATM Recordings.

Q: What is your future plans for hardcore for the year ahead?
A: Hujib and I have spent a lot of time building up our own studio. I've also helped out with the ATM Recordings studio so between the two environments I plan on being very busy on the production front.

Q: What are your current involments or projects you are working on?
A: My main focus right now is the Hyperstomp project in collaboration with DJ Hujib. We'll have a label set up for our more freeform based releases as well as a sister label for the happier sounds.

Q: What do you think the future hardcore styles will be or evolve into?
A: I don't think hardcore will ever evolve into one particular style or sound. I think there will always be a mixture of the different flavors of hardcore from breakbeat, to cheese, to trance, to freeform, to whatever else gets developed. As for what style will become popular is anyone's guess.

Q: What's your views and thoughts on the current MP3 problem and that downloads kill hardcore?
A: I don't think that MP3 downloading has any affect on the sales of hardcore vinyl. If anything I think it allows prospective buyers a chance to audition the tunes from the comfort of their own home before deciding on buying it. Sure there are some people who may have bought the record but opt for the MP3 but I don't think that it is very significant.

Q: Favorite record label?
A: The labels I play the most are Next Generation and Blatant Beats, HectTech, Raindance, Evolution and a few bits and pieces from the Raver Baby camp.

Q: Favorite DJ (other than yourself)?
A: Brisk and D-Minus.

Q: Best / favorite hardcore moment?
A: Couldn't name just one. But one of them would have to be raving at the Rhythm Station.

Q: Worst hardcore moment?
A: Couldn't name just one ;) But they've all involved far too much alcohol.

Q: What you do in your spare time?
A: What spare time?

Q: You have a web site?
A: http://djfrisky.purerave.com - Has not been updated in ages.

Q: You have a public contact email address?
A: [email protected]

Q: What's your message to all the hardcore punters all over the world?
A: Thanks for the support over the years. Respect to all the DJs, producers, promotors and ravers who continue to keep hardcore strong!

Added: 2002/08/28  Hits: 3147    Votes: 3  Rating: 

It took 0.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page