Radio listeners 155+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 OneSeventy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
trippnface attempted to buy some fresh hardcore tracks off beatport..... think i picked up 1.

Technikore used to be one one of my fav dj's, but nor him or his label can seem to release anything worth a damn anymore. scrolled for quite awhile, trying to find one good track. nothing. I know we like to whine about HU, but god damn, atleast they still bring us fresh hardcore that doesn't suck.

OneSeventy is putting out some of the most boring, uninspired poop. I hope Technikore goes back to making good toons, he was one of the best.

Sulphurik Yeah some of the labels track can be hit or miss.

Have you heard these?

Mark Breeze & Macks Wolf - Turn on the light
New one from Scott Brown, Technikore & JTS - Low End Theory
Ben Nicky Anywhere (Technikore remix) it's not OneSeventy

trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Yeah some of the labels track can be hit or miss.

Have you heard these?

Mark Breeze & Macks Wolf - Turn on the light
New one from Scott Brown, Technikore & JTS - Low End Theory
Ben Nicky Anywhere (Technikore remix) it's not OneSeventy

not big on those either. i really don't enjoy that hardstyle lead.

this is the last release i can find that gets me going.
https://www.beatport.com/track/losing-myself-original-mix/11275707

Suae and JTS used to throw down hard too, but i don't enjoy anything they have produced in a long time either. guess it's not too different from most of the uk hardcore dj's though.
lone_raver Is his label exclusive to beatport now? I ask because I was on Juno download and it wouldn?t let me purchase the extended mixes only the radio edits. Just shows album only. Thanks if anyone knows anything.
djDMS Maybe the full versions are exclusive elsewhere for a while?

I don't buy many single tunes these days but I usually have to wait if they're not from Beatport.
lone_raver Could be, just strange it lets you have the radio edits though and not the proper track. Just seems to be a new thing. Don?t shop for single downloads anywhere else apart from Juno download so will probably just have to give them a miss.
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by lone_raver:
Could be, just strange it lets you have the radio edits though and not the proper track. Just seems to be a new thing. Don?t shop for single downloads anywhere else apart from Juno download so will probably just have to give them a miss.

is an "standard"... since 2016 some labels are releasing their tracks in Radio Edit and Extened (Original) versions like Klubbed Up (back in 2016 to 2018), Hardcore Underground (since 44th release), few releases on JTS Recordings back in 2014 and lately few picky singles from 24/7 Hardcore, picky means the lastest.
lone_raver Yeah I know that, just wont let me buy the full track (extended mixes). It says album only and it?s greyed out. It only lets me buy the radio edits. Just assumed they might have it exclusive elsewhere.
Jacco not a big fan of the hardstyle lead myself which has been around ever since Darren Styles' accelerate remix. It's a trend like Dubcore was and it will fade. Question is just what is the next trend and are we going to like it.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
not a big fan of the hardstyle lead myself which has been around ever since Darren Styles' accelerate remix. It's a trend like Dubcore was and it will fade. Question is just what is the next trend and are we going to like it.

I doubt it, since hardstyle seems to have be slowly growing bigger and bigger, compared to the drumstep stuff
LivefordaBass
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
not a big fan of the hardstyle lead myself which has been around ever since Darren Styles' accelerate remix. It's a trend like Dubcore was and it will fade. Question is just what is the next trend and are we going to like it.

I doubt it, since hardstyle seems to have be slowly growing bigger and bigger, compared to the drumstep stuff

I agree long Live the classics hardstyle will rise again !!
LeVzi I hope not
AWal
quote:
Originally posted by lone_raver:
Yeah I know that, just wont let me buy the full track (extended mixes). It says album only and it?s greyed out. It only lets me buy the radio edits. Just assumed they might have it exclusive elsewhere.

Cheapest on their own shop unless you decide to stream it instead:
https://www.oneseventy.net/label-store

They did some changes recently, but the versions there are at least the extended mix (if the files didn't change for the 1 through 50 releases when they did the refresh, they were zip files with both mixes).

Same price for FLAC and/or MP3.
Sulphurik An artist hadn't heard of before is Australian producer Summa Jae. She had a track on OneSeventy last year If Ever, very nice track.
https://www.beatport.com/release/if-ever/2574451

Really liking this Sacrifice remix
https://www.beatport.com/release/sacrifice/2762292

Jakka B forthcoming release sounds very good too.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
attempted to buy some fresh hardcore tracks off beatport..... think i picked up 1.

Technikore used to be one one of my fav dj's, but nor him or his label can seem to release anything worth a damn anymore. scrolled for quite awhile, trying to find one good track. nothing. I know we like to whine about HU, but god damn, atleast they still bring us fresh hardcore that doesn't suck.

OneSeventy is putting out some of the most boring, uninspired poop. I hope Technikore goes back to making good toons, he was one of the best.

Have to say I totally disagree. But if your ONLY into the old 2000s sound I can see why you would not like him developing his sound.

Personally I think OneSeventy is probably one of the top Hardcore dedicated labels in the scene at the moment next to Electric Fox.
Technikore is on fire with his productions, has tracks often signed to Electric Fox and had over a million spotify plays for "4' O Clock in the morning".

While some might not like what he is doing, I think he has actually gotten a bigger fan base for staying so fresh and up to date with his sounds.

You have to stay current in order to survive with productions. Let's be honest, if you don't evolve you get left behind. Has happened to many Hardcore djs. And they get stuck playing the occasional oldskool night and that's about it.

Saying that I am still not a fan of 160, but I guess that will just be another type of Hardcore around like freeform is.
LeVzi When I hear the words "staying current" I can't help but wonder who makes the decision to change things so they need to stay current ?

I mean, if the hardstyle influence is now a major part of UK Hardcore, who made the choice to go down that road ?

As far as I can see, it was Da Tweekaz, who made some hardstyle tracks of hardcore tracks, and Gammer / Styles started doing it, so everyone started doing it. That's how I see it.

So I beggars the question WHY ? Why follow like sheep and change the scene to suit it ? Sorry, but I disagree with the decision to do it. UK Hardcore formerly Happy Hardcore is something that seems to change more than most genres. People always trying to reinvent the wheel. Probably why it's failed so many times and been so sucessful so many times. I can't think of any other dance genre that has had the ups n downs of our hardcore.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
When I hear the words "staying current" I can't help but wonder who makes the decision to change things so they need to stay current ?

This^^

I Don't know exactly who said it (I think it was paul van dyk) that the grammy for one of the last years in electronic music should be given to the makers of Nexus (synth).
Sulphurik It's the Jakka B release :)
https://www.beatport.com/release/chasing-the-sun/2801532
Sulphurik Who runs OneSeventy? Does Technikore have something to do with running it?

Wonder if label have plans to release an album.
AWal
quote:
Who runs OneSeventy? Does Technikore have something to do with running it?

JTS & Technikore run in together as a part of their joint events group venture.
trippnface still all sounds like boring hard style influenced crap to me.

atleast the bpm is right.

ughhhh, why did they have to get rid of the hardcore kick snares. guess i never realized how much i associated the fast repeat snare with uk hardcore.

i can't stand the sound without it.
Sulphurik
quote:
still all sounds like boring hard style influenced crap to me.

atleast the bpm is right.

ughhhh, why did they have to get rid of the hardcore kick snares. guess i never realized how much i associated the fast repeat snare with uk hardcore.

i can't stand the sound without it.

I like the hardstyle sounds in some tracks including Mark Breeze & Macks Wolf - Turn on the light, really like the track. I'm ok with hardstyle influenced leads in some UK hardcore tracks. I think it does work well and with UK hardcore kickdrums.

I do like listening to some hardstyle tracks. One artist I like a good number of tracks from is Headhunterz. Like his melodic style. I don't always like the hardstyle kickdrums in the genre.
Sulphurik
quote:
When I hear the words "staying current" I can't help but wonder who makes the decision to change things so they need to stay current ?

I mean, if the hardstyle influence is now a major part of UK Hardcore, who made the choice to go down that road ?

As far as I can see, it was Da Tweekaz, who made some hardstyle tracks of hardcore tracks, and Gammer / Styles started doing it, so everyone started doing it. That's how I see it.

So I beggars the question WHY ? Why follow like sheep and change the scene to suit it ? Sorry, but I disagree with the decision to do it. UK Hardcore formerly Happy Hardcore is something that seems to change more than most genres. People always trying to reinvent the wheel. Probably why it's failed so many times and been so sucessful so many times. I can't think of any other dance genre that has had the ups n downs of our hardcore.

Not everyone is doing it (hardstyle influences in UK Hardcore). Hardcore Underground artists haven't been using the influence (as far as I'm aware in majority of releases).
Impulse_Response I have bought a few of these hardstyle tracks. One thing I noticed recently is the choruses are way too short.
rafferty
quote:

Well back in 2000 the scene all changed to Trance influenced Hardcore. All those tracks you guys all like from Raver Baby etc would never have existed if evolution never happened.
Hardcore would still have the 90s sound.

The way I see it, we had a good 13 years of Trancey Hardcore which is more than enough. Has been done to death, nothing new or inspirational can be done with that sound anymore. It is stale and very dated. Is like saying let's go back to analogue phones. They work fine, why change?

The Hardstyle, EDM and even Hip Hop Influences are the best thing that can happen to Hardcore. Keeps the scene fresh, exciting and from dieing.
None of the new ravers are going to want to hear something that sounds like it is 15 years out of date. Time to move to the next era.

That is why Hard Trance died. It never evolved. And Hardstyle just took it over and dominated.

Guys like Macks Wolf, Darren Styles,, Technikore, JTS, Alex Prospect, Dougal, Joey Riot, Jakka B, Rob IYF, Nobody etc
They all realised it is time to move on. You can hear it from their productions.
DJ Blazar
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:

Well back in 2000 the scene all changed to Trance influenced Hardcore. All those tracks you guys all like from Raver Baby etc would never have existed if evolution never happened.
Hardcore would still have the 90s sound.

The way I see it, we had a good 13 years of Trancey Hardcore which is more than enough. Has been done to death, nothing new or inspirational can be done with that sound anymore. It is stale and very dated. Is like saying let's go back to analogue phones. They work fine, why change?

The Hardstyle, EDM and even Hip Hop Influences are the best thing that can happen to Hardcore. Keeps the scene fresh, exciting and from dieing.
None of the new ravers are going to want to hear something that sounds like it is 15 years out of date. Time to move to the next era.

That is why Hard Trance died. It never evolved. And Hardstyle just took it over and dominated.

Guys like Macks Wolf, Darren Styles,, Technikore, JTS, Alex Prospect, Dougal, Joey Riot, Jakka B, Rob IYF, Nobody etc
They all realised it is time to move on. You can hear it from their productions.

what about gabber?
Samination Hip Hop influences?

You do know that Hardcore has sampled hip hop music since mid-to-late 90's right?
LeVzi I don't agree with the trance influence, because that was one of the reasons the 90's sound mutated but also why the scene almost died completely. Hixxy, Bunter, but to name a few and it's main protagonist Sharkey were pushing this Trancecore thing down everyones throats, and it got so boring and slow, people hated it.

Everyone I spoke to hated it. I kept buying packs until 2000 ish, and to me the sound was already changing from Happy Hardcore to UK Hardcore and those that stayed loyal started to find a new stye.

That's where I lost interest in it all and came back a few years later.

But trance didn't influence that, it almost destroyed it, that bang the future crap and all that slow shite they were peddling because it was a lot easier to make. It eventually found its own place, free form, but that again was a pile of shite in my eyes, cos it spawned a bunch of ******* producers with it.

UK Hardcore morphed directly from the 90's hardcore imo, BECAUSE the trance style that was also being pushed made people focus more on happy hardcore and make it modern. they didnt wanna go down the trancey shite route.

But with all that said, I am glad it all went that way because it did spawn a new era of UK Hardcore and that was fun whille it lasted.
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:

This^^

I Don't know exactly who said it (I think it was paul van dyk) that the grammy for one of the last years in electronic music should be given to the makers of Nexus (synth).

That is so true, Nexus spawned the German Trumpet, which pretty much shaped the lead sound for 10 years. Still does really, nothing quite sounds the same now, apart from this irritating Tweekacore lead.

btw I am not knocking Da Tweekaz, I actually like their attitude and the way they do their live shows, I don't like hardstyle, but makes me laugh when they drop bombs at their shows with some uptempo or something, and they arent scared to drop different things.
rafferty
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

You do know that Hardcore has sampled hip hop music since mid-to-late 90's right?

Yes of course, Brisk and Scott Brown as well as a lot of the Dutch have been using oldskool hip hop samples for years. One thing I always liked about Hardcore.
But I noticed some guys like Nobody are stating to add the newstyle hip hop into his productions.

You will probably hate it as I know you are into completly different sounds, but I really the American hip hop influences throughout.

Nobody - Savage

Nobody - Empty Henny bottles.

trippnface
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

Yes of course, Brisk and Scott Brown as well as a lot of the Dutch have been using oldskool hip hop samples for years. One thing I always liked about Hardcore.
But I noticed some guys like Nobody are stating to add the newstyle hip hop into his productions.

You will probably hate it as I know you are into completly different sounds, but I really the American hip hop influences throughout.

Nobody - Savage

that's horrific, gammer levels of bad.

How do we go from pianos & female vocals, to shit like this?

what elements of those tracks give them the right to be called happy hardcore, uk hardcore, or be played to those trying to listen to a hardcore set?

I would want my money back
Impulse_Response
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

Nobody - Savage

This garbage reminds me exactly why I don't like Justice Hardcore.
rafferty
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

Nobody - Savage

what elements of those tracks give them the right to be called happy hardcore, uk hardcore, or be played to those trying to listen to a hardcore set?

UK Hardcore has never been 100% happy. Has always been darker tracks produced.

Why should everything sound the same? I bet your a Taylor Swift fan bro:).. And I am not talking about you her looks.

Props to Nobody for pimping up his sound and doing something different. I would be proud to play this loud on my stereo or at a party.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

Nobody - Savage

Is not for everyone. But being a hip hop fan I have always liked urban samples or rapping in hardcore.

Let's face it hip hop has always been way more respected and popular than trance.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

Nobody - Savage

UK Hardcore has never been 100% happy. Has always been darker tracks produced.

Why should everything sound the same? I bet your a Taylor Swift fan bro:).. And I am not talking about you her looks.

Props to Nobody for pimping up his sound and doing something different. I would be proud to play this loud on my stereo or at a party.

I wouldnt say UK Hardcore was dark at all, but wasn't always "happy" as in huge piano breaks etc.

But it's mostly been melodic to some description, never been dark and by dark I mean Knightvision dark, or dwarf / babyboom, which even though could be classed as dark , fitted in well in the "happy" scene.
Sulphurik
quote:
Who runs OneSeventy? Does Technikore have something to do with running it?

Wonder if label have plans to release an album.

I actually found an OneSeventy album on Spotify: OneSeventy: The Annual I. You'll see it on Technikore's page.
Sulphurik This isn't OneSeventy but Technikore related. I quite like this track Find the Spark but I would prefer it if it was faster, a UK Hardcore mix might be good. According to beatport it's 160bpm. Also it's not UK Hardcore and it's not hardstyle. I've noticed couple of Electric Fox videos including this one referring to HappyHard. So is this a sub genre of hardstyle?

Sulphurik Ben Nicky has new track on Electric Fox. Interesting to hear about this.

https://www.beatport.com/release/giving-you-up/2836816
kazukism92
quote:
This isn't OneSeventy but Technikore related. I quite like this track Find the Spark but I would prefer it if it was faster, a UK Hardcore mix might be good. According to beatport it's 160bpm. Also it's not UK Hardcore and it's not hardstyle. I've noticed couple of Electric Fox videos including this one referring to HappyHard. So is this a sub genre of hardstyle?

Actually, Technikore released a sexy collab with JTS and Firelite in the Dirty Workz Happy Hard label, Electric Fox. About 160BPM Happy Hard tunes, Electric Fox is really a trend. Actually, OneSeventy tried with #YEET and "Hit 'Em Like This" back in the yesteryear, powerful tracks IMO, compared with the Technikore and Tweekacore collab.
Sulphurik Dougal, Technikore, JTS - Never Be Alone sounds great.
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

Nobody - Savage

Active Force - Where's the hip hop? MC Cyclone on the mic
Sulphurik Mike Reverie - Ladies x Fellas, disappointed after hearing all the track. Not so keen on intro to track and the breakdown with the vocal samples but I do like the part after the breakdown and sound of main riff.
sterichie26 at the moment i'd say oneseventy is probably my favourite label, not the hugest fan of mike reverie but technikore can still pull a fast vocal slammer out of his sleeve when he wants.
Samination Never really like any of Mob's stuff anyways. His name change didn't change that
Sulphurik Not long for this to be released :)
https://www.beatport.com/release/oblivion/3145565

Olly P - Horizon and Mike Enemy - Sunkissed sounding good.
Samination For **** sake. UK Hardcore never learns. Take elements from other genres. Don't just pitch up the friggin track and call it UK Hardcore...

Impulse_Response Not great. Where did those weak kicks and basslines come from originally?
Vladel
quote:
For **** sake. UK Hardcore never learns. Take elements from other genres. Don't just pitch up the friggin track and call it UK Hardcore...

Or worse, call it happy hardcore.
Sulphurik
quote:
For **** sake. UK Hardcore never learns. Take elements from other genres. Don't just pitch up the friggin track and call it UK Hardcore...

Think I know the track you're referring to - JTS & Technikore - Meet her at the love parade! Technikore has done a Blue (Da Ba Dee) remix fairly recently also.
Samination
quote:
quote:

Think I know the track you're referring to - JTS & Technikore - Meet her at the love parade! Technikore has done a Blue (Da Ba Dee) remix fairly recently also.

No, the tracks I heard were the ones shown on your last link, and I dont think that one was one of the ones I listened to
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, the tracks I heard were the ones shown on your last link, and I dont think that one was one of the ones I listened to

Yes I know what you're saying

Mike Enemy - Sunkissed, like the sound of it but hardstyle influenced. If it had a hardstyle beat, it would basically be a hardstyle track.

What about this new from Technikore & Suae? Lead hardstyle influenced with reverse bass, I do quite like the sound of the kick.
https://www.beatport.com/release/breaking-free/3153653

Little piano riffs in UK hardcore nowadays (on OneSeventy anyway), maybe in the breakdown of Breaking Free some piano might have sounded good.

Sulphurik Don't think this one has been mentioned - I do like this from JTS released few months ago. No hardstyle influence in this - standard UK hardcore style
https://www.beatport.com/release/better-now/2999695
Sulphurik Technikore x AK47 - Control, overall not for me. Like the main riff in main section but not so keen on rest.
Samination
quote:
Don't think this one has been mentioned - I do like this from JTS released few months ago. No hardstyle influence in this - standard UK hardcore style
https://www.beatport.com/release/better-now/2999695

Excuse me? That sounds very much like jumpstyle to me
Sulphurik Sounding good!
Anon.
quote:

Those kinda leads are done in Syletnh1 mainly ,with some ease if you know your way around a synthesizer and know sound design.

It sounds amazing in a track, if used right.

I believe Code Black was the person to make that sound popular, with his tracks "Brighter day" and "Feels good" from 2011- 2012, then in 2013 when his two tracks with Atmozfears "starting over" and "Accelerate" that was it, everyone was at it.

As for darren styles remix of Accelerate ? Thats an insult of a "remix" all he's done is sped up the orignal and slapped his shitty Kick and bass over it.

Personally for me, Sub Zero Project are one of the best in hardstyle at the moment. And if you like it even faster then Sefa is the one.
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
quote:

Those kinda leads are done in Syletnh1 mainly ,with some ease if you know your way around a synthesizer and know sound design.

It sounds amazing in a track, if used right.

I believe Code Black was the person to make that sound popular, with his tracks "Brighter day" and "Feels good" from 2011- 2012, then in 2013 when his two tracks with Atmozfears "starting over" and "Accelerate" that was it, everyone was at it.

As for darren styles remix of Accelerate ? Thats an insult of a "remix" all he's done is sped up the orignal and slapped his shitty Kick and bass over it.

Personally for me, Sub Zero Project are one of the best in hardstyle at the moment. And if you like it even faster then Sefa is the one.

Id hardly call Sefa hardstyle , he's definitely frenchcore. tbh some of his tracks are borderline UK Hardcore just played at 220bpm.
Anon. Aye should have been clearer, but sefa is good.
LeVzi Yeah he is, definitely tapped into something new.
Sulphurik Some good recent releases from OneSeventy

Joey Riot, Technikore, Suae - Let me hear you roar
Dougal - Take Me Away (Summa Jae remix)
Technikore & JTS - Always
MichaelFairways Nothing coming out of late from OneSeventy or any other label does a thing for me, just my opinion but i cannot remember the last time i heard a release that really set my pulse going.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelFairways:
Nothing coming out of late from OneSeventy or any other label does a thing for me, just my opinion but i cannot remember the last time i heard a release that really set my pulse going.

UK hardcore is a bit in the doldrums at the min. The last one that really hit me was Alaguan - safety net last year. I have been enjoying Rapture records releases though.
LeVzi I thought it was completely dead tbh until the bouncy techno EP came from lethal theory.

Now I hope there is something new on the horizon, something i've been asking for , for the last 10 years. Bouncy Techno.
Jacco https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=105297
Sulphurik New JTS - what's anyone's thoughts?

I like parts including the vocals and main riff sounds fine. Main section midway through sounds good. What's anyone think of the inclusion of the drum n bass sections? Short part after 1st minute and then at 2.35. At first I wasn't so sure of this in a hardcore track but to be fair they are shortish sections. They do work well with the vocals but for the part at 2m 35 a hardcore beat may have sounded good also.

Jacco
quote:
New JTS - what's anyone's thoughts?

I like parts including the vocals and main riff sounds fine. Main section midway through sounds good. What's anyone think of the inclusion of the drum n bass sections? Short part after 1st minute and then at 2.35. At first I wasn't so sure of this in a hardcore track but to be fair they are shortish sections. They do work well with the vocals but for the part at 2m 35 a hardcore beat may have sounded good also.

It's alright. Standard recipe plus the DNB drums. Lacks character and atmosphere for me, sounds a bit sterile.

Thumpa I gave up playing new UK hardcore 5 years ago and it still sounds exactly the same as it did 5 years ago, so so boring. Generic EDM riff, beat with no power, generic EDM fills.

Hardcore was at its best when it had its own identity (96-99 and 2002-2005), I wish it would stop copycatting.
Sulphurik I know was on Hardcore Heaven 5 album...single release out now which has got a touch up. This is a decent track. On Jakka B mix on Bonkers beats last night, he started with the Olly P remix. Sounds ok but not so keen on the higher pitched kicks.

Sulphurik Like this 2019 remix

trippnface "Always" by Technikore on 170. 10/10, really really good.
Vladel One seventy are just Urgh.
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
One seventy are just Urgh.

There have been some quality tracks such as the Jakka-B & Macks Wolf track above.
Sulphurik Good job
rafferty
quote:
Good job

Always quality tunes, but OneSeventy is starting to sound very predictable and all the same with every release.. Would be good if they experimented a bit more and thought outside the box with propper Hardstyle Kicks or Faster Tempo's. Just experiment a bit more. Even the classic House Music pianos & riffs would be cool.
You look at Brutal Kuts, they release a lot more variety with new style 90s Happy Hardcore as well as today's sound.

Just seems to be a very strict formulated sound with everything OneSeventy is doing and very stale now.

Classic EDM House like this would sound unreal at a faster tempo.

MichaelFairways I'm finding OneSeventy a bit predictable lately, releases are quite samey and they seem to be following a pattern, which is a shame as this label was always up there as one of my faves, releases such as Light Show & Reflections are particular highlights.
Sparkz_LuckyStrike
quote:

You have to stay current in order to survive with productions. Let's be honest, if you don't evolve you get left behind.

And that my friend is the EXACT problem with the core scene. WTF "evolve"... Do what the rest are doing because they've nabbed it off someone else and are making money out of it, and if you don't, then doomed from the start?

Back then, lots of people doing core, all varieties of sounds. Breaks, old skool, happy, freeform/trancecore, etc. Throughout the era's regardless of the style, there's been huge variety (Force and styles compared with Kaos or Sy. Hixxy compared with Dougal and Gammer). The list of variations could go on but I can't be arsed.

Now, 2020 onwards... Carbon copy the absolute sh*te which is all down to mackswolf, with the screechy garbage or don't bother.

The fact is, in these times, you only "stay current" if want to milk money from it.

If anyone gets "left behind" then it shows what sort of scene it is now, cash in, take, take take, the end.

Anyway, on that note... Breeze... The least talented person in the scene. Had an unprofessional fabricated bitch and moan about me on his FB page for revealing the prices he was asking to remix stuff. A useless producer floated by others. Same goes for many others in the scene but ah well.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz_LuckyStrike:
quote:

You have to stay current in order to survive with productions. Let's be honest, if you don't evolve you get left behind.

And that my friend is the EXACT problem with the core scene. WTF "evolve"... Do what the rest are doing because they've nabbed it off someone else and are making money out of it, and if you don't, then doomed from the start?

Back then, lots of people doing core, all varieties of sounds. Breaks, old skool, happy, freeform/trancecore, etc. Throughout the era's regardless of the style, there's been huge variety (Force and styles compared with Kaos or Sy. Hixxy compared with Dougal and Gammer). The list of variations could go on but I can't be arsed.

Now, 2020 onwards... Carbon copy the absolute sh*te which is all down to mackswolf, with the screechy garbage or don't bother.

The fact is, in these times, you only "stay current" if want to milk money from it.

If anyone gets "left behind" then it shows what sort of scene it is now, cash in, take, take take, the end.

Anyway, on that note... Breeze... The least talented person in the scene. Had an unprofessional fabricated bitch and moan about me on his FB page for revealing the prices he was asking to remix stuff. A useless producer floated by others. Same goes for many others in the scene but ah well.

Macks Wolf has done some very innovative productions. He is not to blame. The guy everyone tried to copy was STONEBANK. He got 22 million YouTube views with "Stronger". I don't think any UK Hardcore artist have gotten even close to that on YouTube. Hence everyone started to copy him.
I am not sure how much you can earn with that many views but would have to be a tidy sum of money.

OneSeventy is just falling into the same trap Hardcore fell into during the Raver Baby era. Where every track has a set formula and sounded the same. While many found it new and fresh at the start, it has gotten old very quickly. Freeform is very guilty of this, has not changed in 18 years.

So I still stand by exactly what I said, music has to keep evolving experimenting and OneSeventy is not doing that anymore. They have gone pretty stale with most of their releases.

I would say Fracus & Darwin are really pushing things ahead at the moment. They have brought back the 90s style but with a fresh new innovative production approach. Is like a whole new form of Hardcore. Same with Entity making UK Hardcore/Frenchcore productions. Again very creative and fresh.

ONESEVENTY wouldn't have the balls to venture into what guys like Entity, Fracus & Darwin are doing.
Samination Freeform has changed ALOT since 2003

If you said 10 years, I would've accepted it better, but Freeform from 2003 and 2015 and on sounds nothing alike.

But I will agree with you on one thing. Freeform has definitely taken too much from trance than I would've liked. Stamina Records is definitely guilty of that.
kazukism92 I want to take a time to put my opinion of 1st releases vs lastest releases.

The first releases were too cheesy but uplifting that wants me listen again and again. Does have that touch that does hook.

However as the lastest releases, there are good talents that does take shape everything, as a good opinion, I enjoyed so much the Summa Jae's Take Me Away remix, along with that retro flavour, really kills.
I want to see more J-Trax, his music is so uplifting but euphoric at the same time as being a UK Hardcore way, and talking about to AK47, is "near to almost the same", but is unnoticeable.

As the bad way, sadly 4* or Tatsunochin, I think that is a good talent, but using the same glass drink sample is the effect of "Oh, same tune with different name".

About the regular boys (hi Technikore & JTS), is still chessy and swagger, respectively. Usually I'm still adoring the Technikore sound, but JTS sound, Trap Hardcore is about a trend. However there are good tunes like World Out There and Better Now, are fire.
Vladel Freeform has just gotten worse and worse, I was drawn to the euphoria of the early days and 2000s. Like UK hardcore, in 2012 it just fell off the cliff but unlike UK hardcore, it stayed at the bottom of the cliff denying it ever fell down there.

One seventy is just a drearfest. Each release seems to be competing to see if it can be duller than the last one. I'd agree that fracus and Darwin are trying, entity is doing well and 24/7 are doing their own thing but the heights of 2004-2010 are not like coming back any time soon. Everyone seems hell bent on making the music serious, it shouldn't be serious, it should be fun. If you want serious, we have gabber for that.
rafferty
quote:
Freeform has changed ALOT since 2003

If you said 10 years, I would've accepted it better, but Freeform from 2003 and 2015 and on sounds nothing alike.

But I will agree with you on one thing. Freeform has definitely taken too much from trance than I would've liked. Stamina Records is definitely guilty of that.

Yeah each to their own. To me most of it sounds the same as it always has since the early 2000s.
You listen to the label Great British Techno. That was when it was called Trancecore. It seemed a lot more interesting and had it's own sound.
Harder kicks, more intelligent melodies.

Samination So, how much Freeform sounds like this after 2006? Other than Andy Freestyle

Sulphurik What's your thoughts on this one? Overall think it sounds quite good.

Sulphurik
Sulphurik These two tracks above sound decent but what's your thoughts on the kicks? The kickdrums could be harder, like UK hardcore tracks used to be.
Sulphurik Has been mentioned before about some UK Hardcore and some labels releasing slower tempo tracks. This one from Technikore - Going Under which hadn't heard before, like the sound of this one. This is 175bpm

https://www.beatport.com/release/going-under/4093345
Sulphurik Brand new one from Jakka-B & GRVITY (which is Olly P). Like the sound of this but what's your thoughts on the use of the very hardstyle sounding riff? If this track had used a hardstyle kick it would be a euphoric hardstyle track imo

https://www.beatport.com/release/wont-give-up/4410576

Sulphurik Liking this one

Sulphurik

It took 4.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page