Radio listeners 162+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 Bandcamp embed links?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Archefluxx I know it's probably a hard sell to suggest changes or extra overhead on this site.

More and more labels conduct their business from Bandcamp now, is it worth including the ability to embed Bandcamp tracks in forum posts?
silver

Happy monday!

BC make this super hard... this is the best I can do I think. You need to know the track ID in order for it to embed. You can get the track ID by looking at the HTML source code and finding the "track="... you can also get it from the embed. You might be able to see it easier on the backend of the site, I don't have an account so I can't tell you how easy or hard it would be.

The above embed is (without spaces):

[bandcamp ]455234187[/bandcamp ]

or press the the icon button in the formatting.

I could have gone embed album but I thought this would be better. The hardest part was making a new GIF icon :)

I checked other forums and everyone is saying the same thing, it's hard to do because of BC. But in saying that, I think this is the best solution until BC actually give you something a little easier than assuming you are going to embed a track hardcoded into blog post or something.

Let me know how you get on with it :)
Archefluxx Wow nice work, silver! Let's have a crack

Archefluxx Works a treat!

So here's where the id is in Inspect. On Chrome, hit F12 to bring up the dialogue (or right click> inspect).

Doesn't seem possible to obtain the ID via the Bandcamp artists app, so this is a Desktop luxury.

Nevertheless, great job! Hopefully provides a nice new way for labels and artists to push their music on here.

Worth a homepage news story?

silver Pity it's so hard to get the track ID... BC could make this so much easier if the used slugs or even showed the ID on the page.
DJ_FunDaBounce Lovely update to the site, Silver! :)

This is great news! :D

@Archefluxx: Ask and you shall receive! ;)
DJ_FunDaBounce

Testing! :)

Finding the track number was pretty straightforward in firefox after following Archefluxx's little guide.

nice one! :)
Samination OR just copy the digits from the "Redeem gift card" link :P
That way you wont need to go through source and only have to click on the buy link and look for the "Have a gift card? Redeem it here" text

bandcamp.com/redeem?resume_id=t2726846139&resume_action=buy
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
OR just copy the digits from the "Redeem gift card" link :P
That way you wont need to go through source and only have to click on the buy link and look for the "Have a gift card? Redeem it here" text

bandcamp.com/redeem?resume_id=t2726846139&resume_action=buy

Couldn't find it this way.

Just to test, it took me 3 clicks to get to the "so real" track number within firefox, starting from it's page.
Samination
silver There are probally a few ways to get the track ID, keep ideas following :)
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

Yes. I see it now. :)

We're gettin' there! Nice one, Jacek!

Dy5oN
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

Happy monday!

BC make this super hard... this is the best I can do I think. You need to know the track ID in order for it to embed. You can get the track ID by looking at the HTML source code and finding the "track="... you can also get it from the embed. You might be able to see it easier on the backend of the site, I don't have an account so I can't tell you how easy or hard it would be.

The above embed is (without spaces):

[bandcamp ]455234187[/bandcamp ]

or press the the icon button in the formatting.

I could have gone embed album but I thought this would be better. The hardest part was making a new GIF icon :)

I checked other forums and everyone is saying the same thing, it's hard to do because of BC. But in saying that, I think this is the best solution until BC actually give you something a little easier than assuming you are going to embed a track hardcoded into blog post or something.

Let me know how you get on with it :)

Great feature! Thank you for adding this, and choosing that track in particular haha.

I?ve got a copy of my album set aside for you, should you decide you want a copy

It took 0.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page