Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Bonkers 13!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Comet Yes!! The tracklisting is up as of now! I think it's awesome.. better than 12 in my opinion. More comments to follow. What do you all think?

Seany Looking wicked! Can't wait! :D

ProjectXcore
NuFoundation
quote:
Originally posted by Seany:
Looking wicked! Can't wait! :D

ProjectXcore

Like he said :)

http://www.geocities.com/polyphonictones/ - FREE Hardcore & Trance Polyphonic tones.
djsytronik Top notch tracklisting for the new Bonkers, looks superb!

Only about 2 weeks till I get my grubby hands on it

==============
DJ Sytronik

Global Frequency
www.gfradio.com
Every Monday 8pm-10pm

Drum And Bass N Hardcore In Da Place
SuperHenke Man that Sharkey CD looks so good! And Oli got one of his tunes on there :) Congrats.

bulby_g Its looking good i'll be getting it as soon as it's out.

SEEKY Yeh tracklisting looks good can't wait till its out!!

Es , Speed , Trips and Blow Here We ****ing Go!
Samination the tracklist seems kinda faggity old but i like the end of the mix

*insert a line here... WTBH?*
Grind me Hardcore!
Triquatra personally, i think its f**king shit

joke :P

i think this has a great possiblity of being the best of the nu-skool'y bonkers yet! simply cant wait! :D
im especially looking forward to hearing "adagio"
---------------------------------
may explode without warning
http://www.dj-triquatra.com - hardcore wallpapers n avatar's
slavetomysoundwave Hixxy mix is different!

djDMS I expected something different from Hixxy - after HTID2 there can't have been many RB style tracks left to use!

Can't complain about the other 3 CD's either - nice mixture of stuff on there as usual.

-----------------------------

Arguably one of the best
slavetomysoundwave
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I expected something different from Hixxy - after HTID2 there can't have been many RB style tracks left to use!

It's a shame that Hixxy's Bonkers mix has to be filtered down cause he's played all his tunes on HTID2. I'm gonna miss out cause I don't want to buy both.

NuFoundation Bang the Future - Body Slam is making its 3rd appearance on a Bonkers mix :D

[useless fact]

http://www.geocities.com/polyphonictones/ - FREE Hardcore & Trance Polyphonic tones.
Triquatra speaking of Hixxy's mix, i almost think it should be called "the lost mix" because the more i look at it the more i think "these songs should have been on the older bonkers in the first place"

its like..those great songs (like helix - get it right) that got missed out the first time round...

yum!

---------------------------------
may explode without warning
http://www.dj-triquatra.com - hardcore wallpapers n avatar's
slavetomysoundwave
quote:
Originally posted by djprobe:
Bang the Future - Body Slam is making its 3rd appearance on a Bonkers mix :D

[useless fact]

and its not even a very good track! (imo)

bulby_g ^^^It is a bit boring there doesn't seem to be anything driving the song.

slavetomysoundwave Every time I listen to Bonkers 2 I think: Why did Sharkey have to play this! I usually can't wait for the next track, so have to fast-forward for about 5 mins. (why o why did they only put one track on the Bonkers 2 CDs?)

capone13 Can't stand that song, absolutely hate it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Hardstyle, Makina, Hard Trance & Hardcore!!!
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by slavetomysoundwave:
(why o why did they only put one track on the Bonkers 2 CDs?)

It is really annoying apparently the newer copys have track breaks in.

mr bishi
quote:
[CD1-7] - [Kevin Energy] - Wham Bam

Is that the same as vinlygroovers song cause if it is, I ****in hate that song, its the only reason bonkers 2 doesn't get played in my gaff.
Everything else looks pretty savage though.

Hell hath no fury like a hippo with a machine gun.

dj switchback No that "Wham Bam" is dfferent. Actually the VG "Wham Bam" actually got changed to "The Big Bang" to save confusion. Even though the two tracks sound absolutly nothing like each other.
Must admit i'm surprised that alot of people don't like "Body Slam". For me that tune is ****in' bangin'. I never get tired of hearing that badboy.
On a whole i'm very pleased about Bonkers 13. All mixes look brilliant. Am really looking forward to hearing Dougal's mix.

slavetomysoundwave
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:

Do they!?!

Does anyone have a copy like this?

whispering
quote:
Originally posted by slavetomysoundwave:
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:

Do they!?!

Does anyone have a copy like this?

Yea, i have the represses and the tracks are separated in those :)

steve O Im glad that both dougals and hixxys mixes are diffrent to their HTID 2 ones. Im likin the look of Sharkeys mix and Scott Brown, although im sure scott brown played all those choons in his hardcore heaven vs frantic set.

So whens the actual release date, im sure it dusnt say on the front page (maybe im blind wot do i know)?

'I got 99 problems but the 1st division ain't one!!!'
Charco Looks unreal!!!!

Properly looking forward to it....BRING IT ON!!!

- -
Human beings, vegetables, or comic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible player.

Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?
djhixxy_h_t_i_d CANT BELIEVE THERE AINT ANY UFO TRACKS!!UFO R WHAT MAKE BONKERS SO GOOD!!DISAPOINTED BUT STILL LOOKIN FORWARD TO IT..ALTHOUGH IM NOT REALLY ITO OLD SKOOL..WISH HIXXY WD GO BCK TO MIXES LIKE BNKRS 9,10 N 11..!HIS MIX ON BKRS 12 WAS DISSAPOINTIN IN MY OPINION

We Will Not Compromise Quality For Popularity Amongst The Minority
djhixxy_h_t_i_d ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE SCOTT BROWN TRACK "MEMORIES"??NOT ON VINYL THOUGH.JST CD..THANKS

We Will Not Compromise Quality For Popularity Amongst The Minority
DJ Phoenix
quote:
Originally posted by steve O:
So whens the actual release date, im sure it dusnt say on the front page (maybe im blind wot do i know)?

quote:
Originally Posted On The Front Page:
Bonkers 13 - Hardcore Horror Show will be released October 25th 2004

You Are My Sun, My Moon, My Rain...
B.C lookin sharp, lookin sharp!

"Let's All Get Down!!"
spigumus Eh....

CD1 = Hixxy runs out of Raver Baby and people think there's too much of the same sound. Mixes up some old school mix to fill in anyway.

CD2 = Typical Sharkey freeform mix. Why is Kill Bill on there again? It better be a remix. Also sad that Syfoon's "Badgers On Acid" didn't make the cut.

CD3 = Wow. Might as well call Bonkers 13 "1/4 EVOLUTION!" Typical almost all Scott Brown songs... I thought that's what Hardwired was for?

CD4 = Yay, some fresh trancey sounds. HTID2 redux, though. Glad some NG/BB hit the mix, and Raver Baby trickles in on here too.

Over all, I kinda feel like I'm wasting money. But I bought (pre-ordered) it anyway. I know I'll enjoy the album regardless, but oh well.

silver djhixxy_h_t_i_d: UFO is on HTID2

spigumus: The kill bill track is a new remix I personally checked with resist because I thought the same thing.

----------------------------------
DJ Comet's #1 Fan :D

http://ritascomic.keenspace.com
Brian K you typing in all caps makes me frown. he was just giving his opinion...

mr brown usually uses most of his own tunes in his sets

"we'll delete the weak"
spigumus Yes, thank you Briak K! I'm sorry having an opinion makes people frown. ;)

Oh and thanks for the information silver. I would have been REALLLL edgy if Sharkey put the same song two mixes in a row, near the same track # too, hahah.

Comet
quote:
Originally posted by DJButton:
SPIGMUS COMPLAINS A LOT AND IT MAKES ME FROWN

I agree.. a lot of people complain when stuff comes out..

People complain about not having any cheese or happycore on a bonkers, Hixxy does an all cheese set, and people complain. It's a lose/lose situation. No matter what they do, they can't make people happy. There are only a few people these days that actually like and appreciete the newer bonkers. I being one of them.

This Bonkers will be awesome in my opinion. I mean.. moreso than Bonkers 12. This CD has cheese, freeform, hard edged, and trancy. I think I will love this more than any of the new bonkers. Hixxy's mix because I love the cheese. It puts me in a good mood. Scott's CD because it has more of his stuff than the other mixes, AND a Q-Tex song!! How aweosme is that?? And then Dougals because of the trancy stuff I like as well as the EPP stuff. I don't like freeform much so I probably won't listen to Sharkey's CD much.

I just can't wait for this! Only 2 weeks! I love how the tracklisting came late though because then we don't have to be driven out of our minds waiting for it. But now's just a perfect time! I can't wait for this!

Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by spigumus:
Yes, thank you Briak K! I'm sorry having an opinion makes people frown. ;)

that's Brian =P

"we'll delete the weak"
StarRizerX A few things:

I don't think that THIS bonkers will be as monumental as 12 was.

Sharkey's mix looks the best, because it has the least amount of familiar tracks.

Dougal's Mix looks OK, but why is "Right Here" by Recon on there? Wasn't that on HTID2?

I'm surprised that "Born Again" (B&S mix) isn't on any cd

I wish Hixxy didn't go old school, despite the fact that I appreciate old school a lot, and I know Hixxy is trying to hold tracks back for future CD compilations and more stretched-out release dates

Artwork would have been better with a BLACK background

Overall, it will be 2nd to 12, but very wicked indeed!

slavetomysoundwave
quote:
Originally posted by StarRizerX:
Artwork would have been better with a BLACK background

Definately agree.

capone13 Yeah, the black one's a lot better, nevermind as long as the choonz are good.

slavetomysoundwave ^ ^ ^ I suppose, but the red is so poor compared with the black. When I saw the change I thought that it looked so much better, and now they've gone back to the first one.

bLOODY_dAN Only thing i can say is. There are alot of old songs on here, and some remixes that could be absolutley amazing, so they kinda cancel each other out....Hopefuly....But I still hopeing for the best.

and i almost forgot....I remember when capone joined back when i was first starting. This cat was posting like a mad man to get those stars up there. Most pathetic thing i've ever seen. Now he has like 1000 plus post. And i sitting pretty on 170 sum posts.....Thats alot of time posting...And in a very small amount of time tooo!

Sorry I went on a rant there, but it just blows me away. Keep up the good work Capone ole' boi! "Fatuus Feli!"

-Dan B
spigumus Yeah Brian, hahah sorry. I didn't know I made that typo until I fully entered it in, I can't edit it either.

But yes, I whole heartedly agree that they shoulda kept the black background for the cover. It has that darker halloween feel.

If people didn't complain about things such as the same sounds... we wouldn't be blessed with having fresher newer sounds each year! Look how hardcore has changed within the years.

I'm sure that a little bit of wanting MORE, and something NEWER, in each and every hardcore fan, has to play maybe even a LITTLE part in hardcore's evolution.

Comet
quote:
Originally posted by spigumus:
If people didn't complain about things such as the same sounds... we wouldn't be blessed with having fresher newer sounds each year! Look how hardcore has changed within the years.

I'm sure that a little bit of wanting MORE, and something NEWER, in each and every hardcore fan, has to play maybe even a LITTLE part in hardcore's evolution.

In a way, yes. But people keep complaining everytime something happens! You have those people that whine about Hixxy's happy mix and the reason he did that is because people whine about too much raver baby and not enough happy on bonkers. He does it, and people complain! It's realyl hard on artists when they get ridiculed on every direction they take.

Brian K you are never going to be able to please everyone. the best thing you can do is put a lil bit of everything in for everyone and hope for the best.

or you just say f*ck 'em and do you want you want to do

"we'll delete the weak"
Simon Briak LOL!!!!!

Anyway I won't complain, I do like Body Slam, but I love the Timespans Shout Now.

"So understand,
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...Make your stand,
And realise your living in the golden years!"
MGR Hey (Im a newbie) i think bonkers 13 looks ace ordering my copy soon good overall selection of track, me thinks!

* H a R d C o R e ' s F o r L i f e *
capone13 Welcome to the forum mate.

Dave Murray Well tbh it look's quite averagey, below average even.

Sharkey's mix look's wicked he even play's a gabber track ( Oli G - GIR ).

I dunno if i will but it, i probably will though.

BodySlam is an excellent tune.

But heh grrrraaarrr.

Thankz.

Originally posted by djprobe:
Bang the Future - Body Slam is making its 3rd appearance on a Bonkers mix :D

[useless fact]

You say that, but two of the mixes its appeared on are old skool mixes.

Sy's Bonkers 8 best of 1 + 2 mix

and

Hixxys Bonkers 13 old skool style mix

Only appeared on Sharkeys Bonkers 2 mix as a current track :D

Still doesn't mean its a great song though, they must just like it :S

It took 2.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page