Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 My First Tune

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Slammer_Jammer_Man Well... I've managed to make my frist, coherent tune in Fruity Loops. Didn't turn out the way I hoped, I was going for a Hardcore song and it turned out Trancey... but I'm still fairly proud that I've managed to turn out something that sounds like techno and not just a bunch of synths, drums and kicks thrown together.

I think it's too repetetive and has too much build up without enough oomph. Anyone have any comments or critiscisms as to how I can improve? I won't be improving on this song itself, I'll be making an entirely new one, just want to know how I can improve the next. Thanks.

I'm going by the name DJ Fallen, and it's called I Am Your Father: http://www.terra-uo.com/kronos/music/I%20Am%20Your%20Father.mp3

b=bass

k.b.k.b.k.b.

Also you either have the bpm to high for a hardcore track (try between 160-180) or you are puttin too many kicks in each bar you want it like this

k=kick (again)
e=represnts an empty space on the step sequencer

k.e.e.e.k.e.e.e.k.e.e.e.k.e.e.e.

Hope that makes sense (I would never get a job as a diagram designer!) keep at it man

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=322316&T=8156
^^^My new tune^^^
eLASTIC yeah mate, lacking bass, and perhaps you could try applying some distortion effect on the kicks. i think initially you should try copying the structure of other tracks, not to say all tracks should be structured in that order, but it gives you a good feel of what works for the pros and when to introduce or take out samples and the different ways the pro use in their hooks which i find to be crucial and still fumbling my way around lol.

........Juss Passn By ; )........
Slammer_Jammer_Man Yeah, I know what you mean scr8tch, thanks for the advice. And I understand your diagrams bulby_g, thanks heaps.

i think that u got some pretty cool sounds just need to place the correctly. next time try making a 4x4 kick, thats a start.

Slammer_Jammer_Man I had it at about 220 bpm... I'm doing all my songs at about 175 bpm now. I don't know what possessed me to pick 220.

It took 0.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page