Total online 1632
 Radio listeners 156+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 ELYSIUM (I GO CRAZY) .. U HEARD IT HERE FIRST...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Chris Deeside NO DOUBT MIKE DI SCALA WILL BE DOIN A HARDCORE MIX ASWELL....VOCALS IN THIS R AMAZIN AN 100% ORIGINAL

*edit* - dude... illegal download...
Chris B is a hardcore mix by scott brown heard it at x-pression this weekend, really cool sounds much different to original and ravers like it.
Chris Deeside FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW, MIKE DI SCALA FROM ULTRABEAT IS RE-CON...HOPE THERES A RE-CON MIX ASWELL LIKE
ryg0r dude....

turn capslock off, there's no need for shouting.
silver Thanks for the audio.. but posting full 128k MP3's of an unreleased tune is not cool and will get you into a ton of hot water.
Cotts
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
dude....

turn capslock off, there's no need for shouting.

yeah buddy, chill out and stop posting clips

buy your hardcore and support the scene
silver Posted a clip to the news page - unlike the hot water I got into last week with Breeze & Styles, I have asked permission to post the clip... so be happy and listen.
clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Posted a clip to the news page - unlike the hot water I got into last week with Breeze & Styles, I have asked permission to post the clip... so be happy and listen.

Am i being a bit quick or does the link not work

just got the 404 message
Jax Error 404 file not found....

edit,

same here lol
B.C same
NeXuS ^
whispering Silver forgot most of the link, should work now.
mark-ireland More commercial shite.
Charco Good tune, It'll definatly be a huge hit with the more comercial clubs.

**For those who continually put-down all these comercial mixes of Hardcore tunes...what about the many tunes that hardcore has taken from original artists? ** 'taken' was probably the wrong word to use there but you know what I mean.

The hardcore tune from one of Madonnas is still one of my favs!

And people need to make a living some way. - If someone offered to do a comercial mix of one of my hardcore tunes (If I done one) - I'd bend over backwards to make sure it happened.

Probably a pointless rant but well done Mike and Scott Brown.
mark-ireland I have no problem with them making a commerical tune i just dont like the tune and can see no place for it on a hardcore website.
B.C sounds the same as every other AATW tbh.
Evel It won't work for me so maybe I should try again later

Maybe my computer won't let me listen to 'pop' music
Jax the mix without the vocals is a lot better imo, im sure the hardcore choon is gonna be quality
Uproar
quote:
Originally posted by mustapha:
The hardcore tune from one of Madonnas is still one of my favs!

You mean that Sound Assassins tune? My favorite tune of all-time. '97 STYLEE!
Mortis ^^^ Could mean DJ Storm - Beating Of My Heart...

On the subject of this Elysium (I Go Crazy).....NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!

Totally ruined one of the best hardcore tunes I've ever heard. I love the original, but hearing this makes me feel sad & physically sick.

I'm totally gutted they've made this
Mirror if they do release a hardcore mix its gonna be off the hook
mister_fly im not like it im prefer the original is another shit come from aatw.......... is sad for hardcore....
Sean Apollo ewwww its so bad :(
kinnis i have to say, WHY WHY WHY OH WHY !!

this is one remix i wont be listening too...

i agree with mike-ireland, it doesnt belong on this site....

You can guarantee that this will be featured on a forth-coming clubland cd soon.

when i first heard it i thought i was listening to a track from one of those cheap nasty "irish/ scottish - clubland cd's " ( erm... not that i've listened to or owned one... um the adverts always annoyed me lol )

so to cap it off.... no im not happy about this tune, and ultrabeat shouldnt do anyone tunes like this... stay as re-con.

and scotty..... Why did u allow this to happen ? :(
bLOODY_dAN I LIKE IT. I LIKE IT ALOT!
UKr4veR All I can say is Pffffffff.

That's all it's worth.
Comet Don't like this Ultrabeat version. I'll wait until the Scott Brown remix, but still... don't mess with a classic..
swansea247 doesnt sound that bad. but what im wondering is if the original version is gonna be on the single aswell?
jenks Think it's pretty poor myself, I think they're trying to emulate a tune that is as successfull as that one that had the robert miles piano bit in it, but with vocals, can't remember what it's called...
Cotts i will wait for the hardcore version before i knock, after hearing that i know why i dont listen to normal dance anymore!
dragonboy has anyone heard ELYSIUM PLUS??????????
Needforspeed i think everyone has heard elysium plus ,,,its on bonkers 8
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by dragonboy:
has anyone heard ELYSIUM PLUS??????????

Yes, and it's still not a patch on the original. I don't see why Scott Brown made Return to Elysium, Elysium Plus & this crappy version thats comming out now. The original was a classic, if it aint broke then don't try and fix it
silver Well I don't expect any hardcore lovers to really like it... you can't really even hear the main parts of the track... I expect the hardcore version to be much much better.

Whispering: thanks for updating.
clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonboy:
has anyone heard ELYSIUM PLUS??????????

Yes, and it's still not a patch on the original. I don't see why Scott Brown made Return to Elysium, Elysium Plus & this crappy version thats comming out now. The original was a classic, if it aint broke then don't try and fix it

I really like Return to Elysium, not as much as the original though.
whittle1 Still a poor tune, but i have heard much worse than that from AATW
katrinar50 Well I still can't hear it - I am still getting the 404 error. Anyone having this problem?

Kat
Jax
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Think it's pretty poor myself, I think they're trying to emulate a tune that is as successfull as that one that had the robert miles piano bit in it, but with vocals, can't remember what it's called...

i think its called "do you know", and the robert miles piano bit was off children
dragonboy im doing my 100th post and all i have to say is YES!

404 SUCKS
Don Giovanni It's been a long time since I have posted on these forums but when I saw another remix of one of my all time favourite tracks I had to say something!

I remember years back when I first heard Return to Elysium was being put out...and I thought NO please leave the song be in its pristine state! Don't muck it up. But then it came out and I loved it...not the same as Elysium but in a different way. Then Elysium Plus *rolls eyes* I don’t know what was the point of that one (sounds like a few keys were switched around and the voice was added in).

Now this...thing...One of the things that made the original so great, for me anyways, is it brought so much emotion, but without any lyrics at all. It was and still is just pure bliss!
Anyway the lyrics for this are pretty good and I could see them being used for a decent hardcore tune. This song only vaguely resembles Elysium and I wish it were just called I Go Crazy and didn't have the name of a great song attached...But artists are free to try different things and produce music in a way that they see best to express themselves, or put food on the table...

So I cringe a little...but hope that maybe some good hardcore versions will come.
And for those of you in uproar about this, just remember nothing can take away how great the original Elysium was and still is. It doesn't matter that some tw@t in a mainstream club will hear this new one and know about the great original that inspired it, all that matters is that we know it.
*sits back and enjoys the original pressing of Elysium*
djpeggy It's ok but i'm not too keen on the vocals TBH. Hopefully the hardcore version will be better.
Comet Hey, let's put trance samples in the "HARDCORE" forum. :P

Anyway, just heard the Scott Brown Remix and it's pretty decent. To me, it sounds like an update of Elysium+. The piano line is the one from Elysium+ but the choir instrument sounds a lot like the original Elysium The structure is kind of strange because the breakdown starts later than expected. I'll definitely be purchasing the promo, though. Just to surprise people with the remix. :P
SouTHCoasteR
quote:
Originally posted by mustapha:
Good tune, It'll definatly be a huge hit with the more comercial clubs.

**For those who continually put-down all these comercial mixes of Hardcore tunes...what about the many tunes that hardcore has taken from original artists? ** 'taken' was probably the wrong word to use there but you know what I mean.

<snip>

the difference is this: when you take a commercial song and make it into hardcore, you've made it better (much, much better!)

when you take a hardcore song and make it into a slowed down "for the masses" commercial track, you've done the opposite. you've made it much worse.

i've been waiting for a new remix of elysium for so long now, talking about trying a remix or two myself (but i know i couldnt do it justice). now that this comes along, with scott brown name actually on it too! urgh. not happy. he better put out a hardcore mix quick!
Frieza This remix makes me cringe. Errrgh.

Whyyyyyyyyyyy?
Charco
quote:
Originally posted by SouTHCoasteR:

the difference is this: when you take a commercial song and make it into hardcore, you've made it better (much, much better!)

when you take a hardcore song and make it into a slowed down "for the masses" commercial track, you've done the opposite. you've made it much worse.

It's only 'worse' because it's not your style or it's not hardcore, It's not supposed to be.
If there is a song that I dislike, It doesn't make it a shit song...just not to my taste.

Like silver said- it's not supposed to attract the hardcore crowd, and IMO, 2 hardcore re-mixes of Elysium are enough...first one, to me, was always the better.

silver In case you missed it... hardcore remix clip posted in the news.
Da Cunney Bugz still fair shite but dnt see why they dnt realease the hardcore mix as the commercial as it alot better
Evel
quote:
Originally posted by Da Cunney Bugz:
still fair shite but dnt see why they dnt realease the hardcore mix as the commercial as it alot better

Are you shore the hardcore mis isn't the chart mix coz it is way to slow to be hardcore but then hardcore must sound soft. There is little differenve between the hardcore and chart mix. I liked the original better, and the remix on Hixxy's mix on bonkers 8 but it is far from Scott Brown's best tracks IMO
Frieza Having heard the hardcore mix of this now... Talk about flogging a dead horse :(

The original is still the best, I am none too fond of this mix at all. Elysium doesn't need lyrics or different synths or anything. I mean, I listen to all kinds of music (I even have a collection of commercial vinyl -- dj sammy anyone?) but I seriously wouldn't buy this. It is a true and proper butchering of a good song.

Well I hope scott brown makes a mint out of it anyway due to the hard work he does put into the hardcore scene, but... crikey :/
silver I love it... the vocals are killer :)
whittle1
quote:
I love it... the vocals are killer :)

I agree.
The hardcore mix is very good, and the commercial dance mix is gonna be a big hit throughout clubs all over the UK.
Squishy Star wurd! Silver played it this morning on his live set. it was awesome. such a great way to start off the day.
mister_fly finally im ver
y love the hardcore mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ Vibalrush Are you people crazy?????? They murdered Elysium!!
Unforgivible sin...
ecstatic_manic_erocdrah didn't like the pop commercial version maybe the hc version is better?
NathanD i am severely dissapointed! i can't believe scott had gone low enough to let an altime classic hardcore tune get ripped apart and destroyed!

ok... the commercial version was always gonna be shit... too slow etc. but the hardcore version aswell... my god i dunno what's going through scotty broon's head to make him wanna let it happen!

i hope the hardcore remix isn't made by scott? doesn't sound like it, it's too weak. if it's not him then he should do one, he should've did a commercial version of elysium himself to be honest! why's he letting himself get ripped off when he's 150% capable of churning out a stomper on his own?

i feel really let down, i mean really! i can't believe it!
ecstatic_manic_erocdrah
quote:
Originally posted by NathanD:
i am severely dissapointed! i can't believe scott had gone low enough to let an altime classic hardcore tune get ripped apart and destroyed!

ok... the commercial version was always gonna be shit... too slow etc. but the hardcore version aswell... my god i dunno what's going through scotty broon's head to make him wanna let it happen!

i hope the hardcore remix isn't made by scott? doesn't sound like it, it's too weak. if it's not him then he should do one, he should've did a commercial version of elysium himself to be honest! why's he letting himself get ripped off when he's 150% capable of churning out a stomper on his own?

i feel really let down, i mean really! i can't believe it!

woah that was sincere!
But, I agree with you. It's so true though.

silver The hardcore mix (posted to the news page) is done by Scott Brown but I figure there will be some sort of Re-con mix as well as Ultrabeat is involved.
Comet
quote:
The hardcore mix (posted to the news page) is done by Scott Brown but I figure there will be some sort of Re-con mix as well as Ultrabeat is involved.

My guess is that they'll just get lazy and time-compress the Extended Mix and call it the Re-Con Remix. :P
Uproar **** ME! The hardcore version is brilliant! I can't get enough of it. Vocals are indeed, killer! I love it!
Chris Deeside madness how quick theyre bein leaked onto the net now

just been sent a zip file with all these in!

Ultrabeat_Ft_Rebecca_Rudd_Don't_Keep_Hanging_(Alex_K_Mix)
Ultrabeat_Ft_Rebecca_Rudd_Don't_Keep_Hanging_(Breeze_&_Styles_Mix)
Ultrabeat_Ft_Rebecca_Rudd_Don't_Keep_Hanging_(FNP_Mix)
Ultrabeat_Ft_Rebecca_Rudd_Don't_Keep_Hanging_(Kenny_Hayes_Mix)
Ultrabeat_Ft_Rebecca_Rudd_Don't_Keep_Hanging_(Major_Players_Mix)
Ultrabeat_Ft_Rebecca_Rudd_Don't_Keep_Hanging_(Original_Mix)
Ultrabeat_Ft_Rebecca_Rudd_Don't_Keep_Hanging_(Scott_Brown_Mix)
DJSmalds Elysium (I Go Crazy) Now Tht Is A Track! I Heard It At Slammin Vinyl On The 29th, Ever Since Tht I Have Loved It!!! I Cant Wait Till It Comes Out To Buy!!!
Next Year At The Hardcore Heaven Awards I Reckon Tht Will Be Gettin Best Track!!!
silver ^^^ Yeah I heard it 4 times... I played it as well :)
itsmeJT wondering if anyone had a version of this song without the gash vocals? does it exist and if so where could I find it?
silver
quote:
Originally posted by itsmeJT:
wondering if anyone had a version of this song without the gash vocals? does it exist and if so where could I find it?

These are the other versions, I'm not selling my copies but might help you, in order of release

Elysium
http://www.happyhardcore.com/records/record_releaseitemprofile.asp?action=recorditemsdisplay&recorditemsid=300

Return to Elysium
http://www.happyhardcore.com/records/record_releaseitemprofile.asp?action=recorditemsdisplay&recorditemsid=54

Elysium+
http://www.happyhardcore.com/records/record_releaseitemprofile.asp?action=recorditemsdisplay&recorditemsid=260
redwingz Nicd resurection of a 2 and a half year old topic there. Elysium is well better without the vocals, it was one of the first tracks i remember hearing at a rave, DJ Sy and Mc Storm played it..........good times

In fact, im going to listen to the bonkers 8 version right now
Samination hopefully Scott will finally release his tracks to a digital store or make his own. I dont think the NG/BB MP3 store has gone unnoticed by him or hixxy

It took 3.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page