Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Bonkers 15 - Your thoughts?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
bulby_g Well someone had to post it.

Definitely an improvement after the crud that was 14. Sharkey & Mark Smith comes up tops for me on this one followed by Dougal & Gammer, Scott B & Neo, & Hixxy & Recon in that order. I did enjoy all four disks even though there were a few tracks across the board that I weren't really feelin'.

jenks I'm only half way through the Hixxy & Recon mix but up to now I agree, deffo improvement on Bonkers 14, lovin' it so far!

Post again when I'm through the discs...
B.C god damn, you guys are keen!

Gettin the burd to pick it up on her way home.
Project-Industrial takes some time to get in in the netherlands but wanna buy it
whittle1 I'm listening to one a day, don't wanna spoil the fun all at once
Hixxy and Re-Con today, and what a ****ing brilliant mix, some really catchy tunes on there and my first impressions of Bonkers 15 are amazing. For me personally, i don't think any of the other mixes are gonna do it for me, not quite like this one anyway. Sharkey and Smithy tomorrow...
B.C Listened to the Hixxy & Recon mix today (monday) with fairly low expectations. Overall, I was really impressed. The track selection is so much better than the past like 5 bonkers, although there are still a few tracks that feel like they just don't belong. Heaven 7 - Dance Me and Frantic & Resist - Spend My Time are a couple of the tracks that stand out for me.
A definate improvement compared to some of Hixxy's previous efforts, which I can only assume is down to Re-'pretty green eyes'-Con's contribution.

Hixxy & Recon - 7.5/10
*edit* After a couple more listens I'm upping it
Hixxy & Recon - 9/10

Listened to Sharkey & Marc Smith mix today (tuesday), and yet another good mix. Tracks that stand out for me are Cube:Hard & CLSM - See You On the Other Side and Fergus Mayhem - Take Control.

Sharkey & Marc Smith - 8/10

Scott Brown and Neophytes disk tanned, pants filled. Nuff said.

Scott Brown & Neophyte - 7.5/10

Finished listening to Dougal & Gammer's mix for the 2nd time but I'm just not feeling it. I really wish I was, but heh.

Dougal & Gammer - 6/10

Bonkers 15 - 8/10
phrique just ordered this a few days ago. hope it's better then the snoozer that bonkers 14 was. looking forward to the scott brown/neophyte and sharkey/marc smith mixes. :)
Jon O-T
quote:
Originally posted by B.C:
Gettin the burd to pick it up on her way home.

LOL, i sent my mum a text on her way home from work...

"Go ASDA on your way home, were out of milk... and Bonkers 15 cheers :D"

I'm only into the first few tracks of Hixxy & Re-Cons mix and I couldn't be happier. Absolutly great. Will give a more detailed review when i'm done. And I wish I could do what your doing whittle, but the other 3 discs are still stairing at me
Da Cunney Bugz lol spoilt ****^^^^^^

i haven't got it myself yet, gf's mum is buying it me lmao got em rite under my thumb

from the samples ive heard hixxy n recon seem the best though
djepi I too wasn't looking forward to Hixxy's mix but what a suprise! He's actually made an effort (...with the help of Recon!). It's much better than the Dougal and Gammer mix (which is less of a mix an more a load of their own tracks slapped together).

Shame the Scott Brown is just all bangin gabber style... I'd prefer a bit of the Scott we all know, ease us in gently and then rip the guts out my ears lol
Gammer you'll all be happy when i quit :)
Jon O-T
quote:
Originally posted by Da Cunney Bugz:
lol spoilt ****^^^^^^

i haven't got it myself yet, gf's mum is buying it me lmao got em rite under my thumb

from the samples ive heard hixxy n recon seem the best though

I still have to pay, though she's said nothing yet so ill keep quiet :)

*edit*

Hi Gammer, havn't seen you on forums before, huge fan of yours. And congrats on your mixes :)
Gammer its not a mix, its all my own tracks slapped together ;)

(hi btw)
SeY got it this mornin...well pleased with it so far....jus now am listenin 2 scott brown n neophyte :D...luv it...i've also listened 2 hixxy and re-con and dougal and gammer luv both of them aswell....best bonkers out for a long time...it has something for every1 :D
SeY
djhixxy1 CD 1 (Hixxy & Re-Con) - brilliant.
CD 2 (Sharkey & Marc Smith) - brilliant.
CD 3 (Scott Brown & Neophyte) - WTF worst thing I've ever heard.
CD 4 (Dougal & Gammer) - brilliant (so far (only on track 2)).

Will someone please tell me what kind of hardcore CD 3 is? I want to know so I can steer clear of it for the rest of my life! I prefer music with a nice, bouncy tune (toytown, timebomb, elysium), not music that makes me want to rip my ears off. It's worse than metal!
bristolboy05 sounds good on the ecard, but i dont think it will be as good as bonkers 9. thats the best bonkers they ever done.
good idea how they done top dj's b2b
Uproar
quote:
Originally posted by djhixxy1:
Will someone please tell me what kind of hardcore CD 3 is?

Its called Gabber. How can you not like it?
djhixxy1
quote:
Originally posted by Uproar:
quote:

Like I said before, I prefer music with a bouncy tune that makes you feel good (toytown, timebomb, elysium, children of the night, just about everything on hardcore nation 2).

CD 3 sounds worse than metal to me, it's music you could quite easily mosh (headbang) to. Don't get me wrong.. Scott can make good music, but that CD is just disappointing.
CDJay "It's much better than the Dougal and Gammer mix (which is less of a mix an more a load of their own tracks slapped together)"

.... no.

Gammers part of the CD starts w/ "Sensory Vision Pt 2".

CDJay
this-is-bonkers djhixxy1 theres ****ing nowt wrong with gabber!!.....or metal!! although i doo LOVE a bit of bouncy cheesy hardcore CUMMON!! ( i often find my self moshing to gabber :-P what else can you do HA HA HA)

im getting my copy tomorrow, from the track samples on juno i think my fav disc will def be scotty n neophytes, but am loving the track tripod on DnG's mix!!!
djhixxy1
quote:
Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:
djhixxy1 theres ****ing nowt wrong with gabber!!.....or metal!! although i doo LOVE a bit of bouncy cheesy hardcore CUMMON!! ( i often find my self moshing to gabber :-P what else can you do HA HA HA)

We're all entitled to our own opinions, and mine is that gabber is the worst kind of music I've ever tortured my ears with.

Edit: before anyone replies with something like "so why are you on happyhardcore.com?".. I signed up for happyhardcore.com, not moodyshittyhardcore.com
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Gammer:
its not a mix, its all my own tracks slapped together ;)

(hi btw)

Ooooo sarcy, I like it.

Fishy
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like I said before, I prefer music with a bouncy tune that makes you feel good (toytown, timebomb, elysium, children of the night, just about everything on hardcore nation 2).

CD 3 sounds worse than metal to me, it's music you could quite easily mosh (headbang) to. Don't get me wrong.. Scott can make good music, but that CD is just disappointing.

eh no all hes other stuff is dissapointing, well the newer stuff
Jax
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Originally posted by Gammer:
its not a mix, its all my own tracks slapped together ;)

(hi btw)

Ooooo sarcy, I like it.

sarcy and not scared to speak the truth jk

cd 1 and 4 are doing it for me. i prefer more of the songs on cd 1 but the mixing on cd 4 is a LOT better than cd 1 imo. ill be giving the other two cd's a listen tomorrow so ill edit then
Uproar I must admit, I did have my doubts about Bonkers 15. But as soon as I played Hixxy & Re-Con's CD all those doubts went out the window. ;)

Hixxy & Re-Con

A definate improvement from Bonkers 14. I think Re-Con's magic touch made this mix fantastic.

Paradise - See The Light (Sy & Unknown Remix) - I can't get enough of this tune. A Quosh slammer!

Hixxy & Re-Con - Love Comes - Glad to hear some more of Re-Con's vocal skills.

Access 3 - Promised Land (Squad-E Remix) - This tune is originally Scouse House and this remix is ****ing unbelievable.

Whizzkid & Gammer - Scream - "Take you back to the Old Skool but with new rules...." Class tune!

Sharkey & Marc Smith

I think this mix would have been better with some of Gammer's Freeform. But still a shit hot mix.

Cube::Hard & CLSM - See You On The Other Side - Wicked vocal track. Loving it!

Fergus Mayhem - Take Control - A mint tune but I didn't expect to see it in this mix.

Scott Brown & Neophyte

I thought this mix was going to be a slammer. And I was right. Could have done with some of Gammer's Gabber. ;)

Scott Brown - Capital Murder - What a tune! I just love the sample.

Plus System - This Is How We Do It (Scott Brown Hardcore Mix) - Better than the original by a mile.

Hardcore United - Time To Make A Stand - 10/10

Neophyte & Lenny Dee - The Future Preists Of Now - The best tune on this mix.

Dougal & Gammer

What an immense mix. The only fault I can find with this mix is Dougal & Gammer Ft. Lisa Marie - Open Ur Eyes. Its shite.

Adam Harris - My Star (Brisk & V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D. Remix) - Its a mint tune, but the vocals arn't as good as Heaven Above.

Jenna - All The Tears I've Cried - I love the vocals.

CLSM Ft. Ant Jonhson - Sensory Vision Pt. 2 - The best tune on the mix and the whole CD. Ant Johnson is quickly becoming one of my favorite vocalists. "I want to face rape Paris Hilton" 11/10

Gammer - A New Feeling - Gammer's best tune on Bonkers 15.

Gammer - Lets All Say **** - Gammer's 2nd best tune on Bonkers 15.

All in all...... What an immense CD. Full of slamming tunes that will see me through to 2006.
djepi Come to think of it that was a bit harsh... sorry Gammer. Just not my pick of the bunch. Oh and top tune in "Rock The Dancefloor" :)

To CDJ there are 11 of Gammers tunes (or remixes) on that CD. That's the point I was trying to make.
Loz_e Love it

nuff sed!
CDJay "To CDJ there are 11 of Gammers tunes (or remixes) on that CD. That's the point I was trying to make."

... and how many of them are after Sensory Vision?

"CLSM Ft. Ant Jonhson - Sensory Vision Pt. 2 - The best tune on the mix and the whole CD."

You speak much sense, sire. It's staggering to think that the majority of hardcore DJs wouldn't include it on an album mix.

CDJay
Leto
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know how you feel. When I first started listening gabber was not my favorite. But now, I can't stop listening once I start. By the way, Scott Brown is just as accomplished as a Gabber producer/DJ as he is a UK Hardcore producer/DJ.

And, on all of the Bonkers CD's Scott Brown finishes off with some gabber tracks, this time it is the whole shabang, and it kicks ass. You really have to get into it, it is some of the best produced hardcore out there.

Try Blow Da Club Down by The Viper, a good sort of middle ground track.
djepi
quote:
.. and how many of them are after Sensory Vision?

erm, 5 after and 6 before it. I don't know what your trying to say? (I'm not being funny with u when I say that lol)

But your right about Sensory Vision being one of the best tunes on the CD I'll give u that.
djhixxy1
quote:
The only fault I can find with this mix is Dougal & Gammer Ft. Lisa Marie - Open Ur Eyes. Its shite.

That's my favourite track on the 4th cd
gammer84 It's not too bad, haven't heard all the tunes yet, although my favourite is Heaven-7 - Dance Me, love the piano..
-RAVIN9- havent got it yet and i love my cheesy happy hardcore, hardcore in general, freeform, uk hardcore, hardstyle etc etc and i have heard majority of scotty's n neophyte's cd and i have to say anyone who doesnt like gabber needs a bloody headcheck honestly. Gabber is REAL hardcore

as silver would say.. "its all hardcore"

i used to hate it to, now i love it just as much as all other rave music.

i just recently went to hardwars and saw scott brown live he was AMAZING!!! He started off happy then got dark with the gabber:D

funny though how people like gabber when its mixed, made, or played by a happy hardcore dj but not when you get some good solid/hard gabber going for a whole mix.

*rolls eyes*

/end rant
Evel Not bad, heard better, heard worse. Liked a track by Sedcuation on Dougel and Gammer's mix, nice to heard more happy techno from Seduction. Hixxy's mix was less trancy than I thought it was too
CrushOnHardcore Best compilation of 2005? I think we might call it like that..
There's some nice shit on these 4 discs!
I live in the netherlands but for sure I'm gonna order it (the 11/12-05:))
A friend of mine have a copy of it, so I'm gonna listen this afternoon to it.
I think hixxy & re-con did a very good job but I think scott & neo did a very good job too, to put a gabber cd in the compilation.

Although 9/10 :)
dj_excy havnt got it yet but will let ya know wot i think wen ive heard it.
_BoNe_ Jus got it this lunch. Only been tannin Sharkey & Marc Smith so far.

Some damn good shit goin down!
djhixxy1
quote:
Originally posted by -RAVIN9-:
i have heard majority of scotty's n neophyte's cd and i have to say anyone who doesnt like gabber needs a bloody headcheck honestly.

*checks head*
Whoa it's still there! I thought that cd might have blown it off

quote:
Gabber is REAL hardcore

Oh it's REAL hardcore as opposed to just hardcore? I like it a lot more now that you've said that.

quote:
as silver would say.. "its all hardcore"

True.. I guess I'm more of a fan of happy hardcore then.

deanoooooo What a great bonkers! One of the best by far! Im listening to sharkey and marc smith at the moment and loving it! Soon as i got it i put scott and neophyte's mix in the car and nearly creamed my pants ! I ant listend to the other mixes properly yet but i think i can say that scott and neophyte's mix is going to be my fav!!! The last track "the future priests of now" by Neophyte and lenny dee is my best track of the lot so far!!
whittle1 Jus listened to Sharkey & Marc Smith's mix, and woah it's really top notch stuff!! Take Control and Pumpin' Religion are off the scale! I will grow to love this mix in time.
SpectacularTwo Ive just been checking out Bonkers 15 and it sounds wicked. In my opinion its the best Bonkers release since Bonkers 9 Hardcore Mutation. On 15 thow i like the Hixxy & Rcon mix, and i liked hixxys mix on 9.. So all good here, lets hope bonkers dont go on another stand still and let hardcore trek on!!
Uproar
quote:
quote:
The only fault I can find with this mix is Dougal & Gammer Ft. Lisa Marie - Open Ur Eyes. Its shite.

That's my favourite track on the 4th cd

Thats your opinion but the track, unfortunately isn't to my taste. :(
DJBasehead brilliant, deffintly beats the last bonkers.
Slasher
quote:
Originally posted by dj bugbear:
takes some time to get in in the netherlands but wanna buy it

it wont get in Slovenia not in a million years
this-is-bonkers Picked mine up at the post office this morning this album is ****ign amazing!!!!! i liove the track "TRIPOD" on Dn G's mix...
Fishy
quote:

*checks head*

[

U should be checked by some professionals then
whittle1 Had a proper listen to Scott Brown & Neophyte's and it's very very good! I was suprised that i prefered Neophyte's gabba to Scott's, but i do and you just gotta love that tune 'The Future Priests Of Now.' Fairly disapointed with 'This Is How We Do It' Remix by SB, i thought it was quite bland and lacked a catchy tune unlike the original.
Fishy
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Had a proper listen to Scott Brown & Neophyte's and it's very very good! I was suprised that i prefered Neophyte's gabba to Scott's, but i do and you just gotta love that tune 'The Future Priests Of Now.' Fairly disapointed with 'This Is How We Do It' Remix by SB, i thought it was quite bland and lacked a catchy tune unlike the original.

I love future priest of now and have done for a long time:P
Uproar
quote:
I was suprised that i prefered Neophyte's gabba to Scott's

I also prefered Neophyte's Gabber to Scott Brown's but all in all, its a ****ing mint CD!
HardCore Latina Werd, SB & NEO's Cd was absolute dopeness, holy ****, my mouth dropped, i couldn't believe what I was listening to...it's been a while since I heard good chooonnzzz

As far as the other CD's, I wasn't exactly thrilled, they were ok :(

Hope Bonkers 16 is l33t
_BoNe_ Im proper into track 13 on Hixxy n Recon's disc - 'Pull Over' i think it is.

Sexual tune
whittle1 Dougal & Gammer's mix is champion! Brilliant brilliant stuff, brilliant brilliant album.
Hixxy & Re-Con still wins hands down though.
Jon O-T OK, here it is... the review everyones been waiting for... "Jon O-T's review of Bonkers 15"
Just for giggles, I have two ratings for each mix, My rating: how much I liked it, and Fair rating: how much I feel the mix should get for their efforts.

Hixxy & Re-Con:
Absolutly amazing mix! Had loads of catchy songs, many of which were a new surprise to me. Re-Con definatly made the mix an improvement from the previous bonkers, but superb work to both of them.

Favorite track(s):
4. Love comes
12. Scream
15. 21st century Rush

My rating: 9.5/10
Fair rating: 9/10

Sharkey & Marc Smith:
Quality! Hands down, best freeform mix I have ever heard. Very happy stuff most of the way through, and thats what I like. Love the way it seamed to flow from one track to the next, you can't tell when the track changes.

Favorite track(s):
2. Hold the Beat
9. Pump It Up
11. Count of 3

My rating: 8.5/10
Fair rating: 9.5/10

Scott Brown & Neophyte:
Not really my favorite genre of hardcore. Thought it probably would be mostly gabba though. Still, I'm glad theres something in it for everyone. It shouldn't just be 4 CDs of what "I" like. So in a way i'm kinda glad. For gabba though, pretty good mix!

Favorite track(s):
16. Back on track

My rating: 5.5/10

Dougal & Gammer:
Another great mix, really enjoyed it! Got a bit wild afer track 11, gave it an interesting kick IMO. A nice mixture of mostly happy, and a little bit of gabba! Great work guys!

Favorite track(s):
5. Open ur Eyes
11. Rock that body

My rating: 9/10

Appearence & packaging:
I liked advert, loved the front cover, and the individual CD's looked all right.
One small complaint is the little plastic bits that hold the CD's in place. Most of mine were broken. Sure it wasn't the record company's fault though.

To sum up...
Personal favorite mix just has to be Hixxy & Re-Con though! I absolutly love it!!!

Bonkers 15: 9/10 (end of professionalism )
Taiko I panicked a little when the whole Golden Shower and Faceraping Paris Hilton bit came on, as I was on the phone to my nan. Still, liking the majority of it.

It's weird, before Bonkers 13 came out, on the Bonkers forums there was a topic about what people wanted to see in the future. It was posted by a fan of it all, but I remember posting about having b2b CD's. Seems weird now it's happened ^.~
jenks New favourite gabber track:

Neophyte Vs. Lenny Dee - The Future Priests Of Now
djhixxy1
quote:
Originally posted by dassfisken:
quote:

*checks head*

[

U should be checked by some professionals then

Crazy professionals?
djDMS And the moral of this topic (and most other topics funnily enough) is that we all have our preferences, likes and dislikes!

I haven't bought B15 yet - my kids are getting me it for xmas so i don't have to endure the usual site such as socks that say 'WORLD'S GREATEST DADDY' on them.

As a result of me not yet obtaining said item i can't comment on it yet. However, i have heard the majority of the tunes featured in 3 of the 4 mixes and i'm confident it'll be much better than the last 3 at least.

As for Gammer & Recon's involvement, more of the same i say.

Both bring something different to Hardcore and i want to see them stick around (especially as Gammer is almost as sarcastic as me)!

FACT!
Gammer's set at the last HTID was the best set i've heard this year and possibly one of the greatest live sets i've ever heard (not really relevant but a good indication of how important he is to the scene today).

Call me an arse kisser if you want, maybe i am! :p
Dj Esi neophyte is noe of ma idles yeah the nly problem there is no track listing for the cd wen you put in in cd windows media bonkers 15 and that but no artist or song title how gay but excellent cd's looking forward to 16 lol
Dj Esi CD 1 (Hixxy & Re-Con) - brilliant.
CD 2 (Sharkey & Marc Smith) - brilliant.
CD 3 (Scott Brown & Neophyte) - WTF worst thing I've ever heard.
CD 4 (Dougal & Gammer) - brilliant (so far (only on track 2)).

Will someone please tell me what kind of hardcore CD 3 is? I want to know so I can steer clear of it for the rest of my life! I prefer music with a nice, bouncy tune (toytown, timebomb, elysium), not music that makes me want to rip my ears off. It's worse than metal!

do you know what your saying ^^^ neophyte i legend hence the title "legends of the core" he is excellent but it is a strange style of hardcore but it still aint that bad but it is excellent scott brown and neophyte have done albums b4 on hardcore a new beginning hardcore the second coming and hardcore the third wave they are all amazing coz these two are so alike in stylespo i totally disagree with your opinion
Jon O-T
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Esi:
i totally disagree with your opinion

Then quote his opinion so people don't think its yours
zelachang just got this shipped from the UK, thanks amazon!
this is absolutely lovely!
I've only heard Sharkey/Marc Smith and Scott Brown/Neophyte cd but its absolutely bangin!
I'm not too keen on Dougal and Gammer and I'm not sure if going straight from gabber to Hixxy/Re-con would be wise so I'm saving those two for tommorrow
kindler13 What's with some of you dicks slating Gammer. Like to see you (djepi) do a better job at producing and mixing. Give the guy a break you nobheads, he's one of the fastest growing stars in the uk hardcore seen. Well done son, and f..k all you bitter narrow minded gits out there. I thought there was alot of quality on there myself.
deanoooooo
quote:
The last track "the future priests of now" by Neophyte and lenny dee is my best track of the lot so far!!

Not anymore! I cant seem to stop playing sy & unknowns remix of 'See The Light on Hixxy & Re-cons mix I keep playing it over and over! I think i had just as well bought that track! I love it!!
Jax ive just listened to sharky and marc smith's cd and FCUK me its awsoeme
katrinar50
quote:
Originally posted by deanoooooo:
quote:
The last track "the future priests of now" by Neophyte and lenny dee is my best track of the lot so far!!

Not anymore! I cant seem to stop playing sy & unknowns remix of 'See The Light on Hixxy & Re-cons mix I keep playing it over and over! I think i had just as well bought that track! I love it!!

Me too - fantastic choon.

Kat
jenks Suprisingly my least favourite mix is Dougal and Gammers...
-Bazza- I can't seem find a copy of this, they don't seem to have it anywhere. Shame itunes doesn't have it.
Jax http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=bonkers+15&page=search

our price: £12.99 Delivered

availability: In stock.
Usually dispatched within 24 hours

there u go mate, cheap as chips aswel
Eumovater imo this is by far the best bonkers since 9 and X back in 2002/3. i bought bonkers 15 a week ago the day it was released and bloody hell, i aint listened to anything else since! my favourite of the nu-skool bonkers (apart from X, thats a close close 2nd)!
the mixes and the mixING are class, there isnt really a single track on the mix that i could say i dont like!
cd's 1,2 and 3 are all brilliantly mixed, and so's 4, but once again we have the case of there bein so many tracks on the mix that each song is only 2 mins long. i mean 'accorbation' by ultravibes is what, 1min 49secs! i was very dissappointed, plus cube::hard 'show me a sign' could have been longer. oh well, minor things in an otherwise stunning fabtabulous album! *grins*
Dj Esi
quote:
Originally posted by kindler13:
What's with some of you dicks slating Gammer. Like to see you (djepi) do a better job at producing and mixing. Give the guy a break you nobheads, he's one of the fastest growing stars in the uk hardcore seen. Well done son, and f..k all you bitter narrow minded gits out there. I thought there was alot of quality on there myself.

yeh i think that was meant for me you just spelt my name wrong i nevr said gammer was bad iun fact i think he is great so i thik what you said wa an opinion but not the right one about me ;)
yzerman mint CD puts bonkers 14 to shame imo, like most of the disks , hixxy and recon and sharkey and mark smith are the best disks i think but all are good. Starting to like freeform more than i used too specially mark smith
Jax
quote:
Originally posted by yzerman:
mint CD puts bonkers 14 to shame imo, like most of the disks , hixxy and recon and sharkey and mark smith are the best disks i think but all are good. Starting to like freeform more than i used too specially mark smith

same thoughts here mate, the trancier freeform is getting me going more than the vocal hardcore
Triquatra its yummy, not really fond on SB and Neo's mix though
mjdream i loved it.........thnk god its bk on track i thought it had no chance but by god theyv delivered this time.

my least favourite mix is hixxy and recon but tht was still good.......dougal n gammer surprised me tht was a fantastic mix.

neophyte n scott brooon AMAZING what a build up to the last few traxx which are by far my fave on the cd 10/10 from me
Dj DontStop amazing tune = tell me a story. what an amzing way 2 bring in a cd. its kinda quiety, then BAM your in the shit and going nutz before u realize ur 17 seconds into the cd :D

but overall, i dont know, call me retarded, call me crazy, shoot me, and pelt me with spoons and other such blunt objects, but i liked 14 waaay better.

this was more trancecore then i choose to listen to excelt for scott brown/neo's set which was waaay 2 gabbercore for my liking. i wanna make babies with hard bass, but u gotto have nice flowing treb 2, so i hate gabber personally. and i found waaay 2 many of the trakcs, tho amazingly good, no vocals, or very little vocals. it seriously reminded me of trance on a 15% speed boost :(

so dont get me wrong, loved the trakcs, loved the cd's and shyte, just... not what i was expecting... :(
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Dj DontStop:
amazing tune = tell me a story. what an amzing way 2 bring in a cd. its kinda quiety, then BAM your in the shit and going nutz before u realize ur 17 seconds into the cd :D

but overall, i dont know, call me retarded, call me crazy, shoot me, and pelt me with spoons and other such blunt objects, but i liked 14 waaay better.

this was more trancecore then i choose to listen to excelt for scott brown/neo's set which was waaay 2 gabbercore for my liking. i wanna make babies with hard bass, but u gotto have nice flowing treb 2, so i hate gabber personally. and i found waaay 2 many of the trakcs, tho amazingly good, no vocals, or very little vocals. it seriously reminded me of trance on a 15% speed boost :(

so dont get me wrong, loved the trakcs, loved the cd's and shyte, just... not what i was expecting... :(

There isn't one single trancecore track on Bonkers 15 :)
Dj DontStop u misunderstood me, i wasnt calling it trance, just, trancy. lol

i dont know ill listen to it again tonight and list a bunch of tracks that are examples :p

lately ive been listening to all my TTF's so maybe im just in a trancy mindset and slightly retarded alot, but thats my opinion as of right now ;)
Dj DontStop kk i lied lol, ignore me, there's just a couple tracks i dont like, but im listening 2 it right now and i dont think its soo much trance :P lol, for some reason the first 3 or 4 times i heard it i thought a couple of the songs were slow.

now not so much, but i still dont like a buncha the tracks, but hey, who likes all the tracks on every cd?

overall its decent, ill stillstick to that. :p ive heard better cd's tho.
jenks I knew what you ment, I'm just annoying like that :p
Dj DontStop its just alot slower then what i'd expect from a bonkers cd...

:p some really good traxx tho :D

still think bonkers 14 was a bit better :P!
Swedish_Viking How does it work this "back to back dj" thing? Do they (hixxy and recon for example) choose the tracks together and mix them together or do hixxy choose and mix the first half of the record while recon does the second half? If so I would like to know where the second half begins on all the four cds.

A second thing. I cant figure out why they put gabber in this collection. Sure I like gabber and I have more gabber cds than happy hardcore cds, but if I wanna listen to gabber I buy a gabber cd. I think cd 3 is a waste, I would like to hear scott browns slection of happy tunes, not some gabber tunes I already have heard at least 10 times.
T~
quote:
Originally posted by Swedish_Viking:
How does it work this "back to back dj" thing? Do they (hixxy and recon for example) choose the tracks together and mix them together or do hixxy choose and mix the first half of the record while recon does the second half? If so I would like to know where the second half begins on all the four cds.

One DJ dose the first half of the mix then the other dose the second half. Gammers part of CD4 started with track 12, Neophytes part of CD 3 started with track 10, i think re-con started on track 10, im not sure about the Sharkey & Marc Smith mix cus i havnt listened to it yet

quote:
Originally posted by Swedish_Viking:A second thing. I cant figure out why they put gabber in this collection. Sure I like gabber and I have more gabber cds than happy hardcore cds, but if I wanna listen to gabber I buy a gabber cd. I think cd 3 is a waste, I would like to hear scott browns slection of happy tunes, not some gabber tunes I already have heard at least 10 times.

i can understand what ur sayin but im glad they put a gabba mix on there, it made a difference from the other stuff, adds more variety too the collection, pluss it scares the little chav kids away
-Bazza- Finally got it today, like what I've heard so far, well apart the tracks with swearing in. Swearing always spoils a good tune.
Dj Esi you wont like scott brown and neophyte then they are great but have swearing LOL
DJCammy
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:
[quote].. and how many of them are after Sensory Vision?

I don't know what your trying to say? (I'm not being funny with u when I say that lol)

ROFLMAO !!!!! thats the funniesy thing ive ever heard. ok ill shut up now (and im not been funny when i say that ROFL)
-Bazza-
quote:
you wont like scott brown and neophyte then they are great but have swearing LOL

I do like them actually, but prefer their clean tracks, I don't mind the odd swear word, I just have to remember not to play them at work or when I'm giving my gran a lift in my car. LOL

I do think that swearing and vulgar lyrics should to be left to eminem and hip hop though.
B.C ^^^you listen to hardcore when you give your gran a lift? what does she make of that?

I remember listening to Real2Reel at my grans and she went off on a rant...the words "these days", "youngsters", and "rubbish" were used many times over........Although, come to think of it......Real2Reel were crap.
Fishy
quote:
Originally posted by -Bazza-:
quote:
you wont like scott brown and neophyte then they are great but have swearing LOL

I do like them actually, but prefer their clean tracks, I don't mind the odd swear word, I just have to remember not to play them at work or when I'm giving my gran a lift in my car. LOL

I do think that swearing and vulgar lyrics should to be left to eminem and hip hop though.

I think there aggressive lyrics with swearing are great! not those all the same boring shit lyrics in trancy etc
danjel CD 1: The best cd ever on Bonkers!
CD 2: One of the better Sharkey cds.
CD 3: Scott Brown has gone from doing the best cd on bonkers to doing the worst. Really dislike this!
CD 4: A good cd. Just that.
Dj Esi
quote:
Originally posted by danjel:
CD 1: The best cd ever on Bonkers!
CD 3: Scott Brown has gone from doing the best cd on bonkers to doing the worst. Really dislike this!

OMG do you know what you saying neophyte is amazing yeah ok scott browns stuff isnt to his tandard but that is the best cd out of the whole lot sorry but i disagree compltly neophyte is a legend hints the name legends of the core HEHEHE i listened to it first coz i was looking forward to it soo much he has done this tyle before with other albums 3 with scott borwn
hardcore a new begining
hadcore the second comeing
hardcore the third wave

they are all awome and neophyte rocks
B.C It's just his taste man, don't get so wound up. Not everyone likes gabber you know!
djDMS Exactly mate, it's all about taste.

It's 10 years since i was last able to listen to a full set of gabba without either a break, an injury or some kind of therapy!

Could say the same about really cheesy stuff too - good in small doses.
Doesn't mean i don't like it, just that my taste lies somewhere in between cheese and rock hard stuff.

I'm going to make a new years resolution to listen to SB & Neophytes CD all the way through without the need for prescription drugs or my mum to hold my hand!
bristolboy05
quote:
quote:
quote:

thats true there m8, i like all of the bouncey tunez. its wot getts me goin.
Dj Esi i know i shouldnt but i look forward to hearing the finle tracks on scott browns previous albums and this album just made my whole life complete seriously unles neophyte and scott brown do another ablum this is definatly their best by far so THANK YOU SCOTT BROWN & NEOPHYTE FOR ANOTHER EXCELLENT ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gabbe I think scott browns mix is to "hard" , i like dougal and gammers mix best, then hixxy and recons!
LaRgO I haven't listend too Bonkers 15, it's so hard too find them in Australia I have too order them from the net and constantly nag my parents for their credit card info :(

It was hard enough for me finding Bonkers 12 and 14!, anyone here really like bonkers 12 the most?
-Bazza-
quote:
Originally posted by B.C:
^^^you listen to hardcore when you give your gran a lift? what does she make of that?

She doesn't seem to mind if I keep it at a reasonable volume.
Phil_G Generally im first out to get bonkers cds because im that sad but i aint got this one yet and i aint getttin it til xmas and from what you all say all the mixes wil be stompin.
robertybob Not quite as good as Bonkers 14, WTF was Scott Brown Thinking? Where's DMO?

Why was there no 5th CD for Styles & Breeze??!!?!?

This album really needed more "proper vocal" tracks (more Dougal & Gammer feat. Lisa Marie or Scott Brown & DMO type songs..)

My fav tracks have to be:

PARADISE “See The Light (Sy & Unknown Remix)”
HEAVEN-7 “Dance Me”
HIXXY & RECON “Love Comes”
HEAVEN-7 “Speak Of Love”
WIZZKID & GAMMER “Scream
FERGUS MAYHEM “Take Control”
DOUGAL & GAMMER Ft. LISA MARIE “Tell Me A Story”
DOUGAL & GAMMER Ft. LISA MARIE “Open Ur Eyes”
ULTRAVIBES “Dopest DJ”
ADAM HARRIS “My Star (Brisk & Vagabond Remix)”
DOUGAL & GAMMER “The Underground”
JENNA “All The Tears I've Cried”

from 4 CDs, thats pretty crap.
Come on guys, get your act together
whittle1
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
Not quite as good as Bonkers 14, WTF was Scott Brown Thinking? Where's DMO?

This album really needed more "proper vocal" tracks (more Dougal & Gammer feat. Lisa Marie or Scott Brown & DMO type songs..)

HEAVEN-7 “Dance Me”
HEAVEN-7 “Speak Of Love”
WIZZKID & GAMMER “Scream
ULTRAVIBES “Dopest DJ”

Well think about it dude, not everyone likes those female vocals like you do. Some people may hate that and prefer gabba or freeform, bonkers is meant to have a bit of everything in it. If you want hard trancey female vocals, go and buy Clubland Xtreme Hardcore and don't buy Bonkers, simple as.
Dj Esi
quote:
quote:

HEAVEN-7 “Dance Me”
HEAVEN-7 “Speak Of Love”
WIZZKID & GAMMER “Scream
ULTRAVIBES “Dopest DJ”

Well think about it dude, not everyone likes those female vocals like you do. Some people may hate that and prefer gabba or freeform, bonkers is meant to have a bit of everything in it. If you want hard trancey female vocals, go and buy Clubland Xtreme Hardcore and don't buy Bonkers, simple as.

well said whittle1..........although clubland xtreme hardcore does have some goood tracks on it hixxy disc3 v gd but not my fav GO BONKERS
Uproar
quote:

HEAVEN-7 “Dance Me”
HEAVEN-7 “Speak Of Love”
WIZZKID & GAMMER “Scream
ULTRAVIBES “Dopest DJ”

There is more types of Hardcore than just the vocal stuff. You can't expect a CD to be made with just tracks that you like.

And Bonkers 14 was shite compared to Bonkers 15.
-RAVIN9- brilliant, loving all of it!
danjel
quote:
quote:

OMG do you know what you saying neophyte is amazing yeah ok scott browns stuff isnt to his tandard but that is the best cd out of the whole lot sorry but i disagree compltly neophyte is a legend hints the name legends of the core HEHEHE i listened to it first coz i was looking forward to it soo much he has done this tyle before with other albums 3 with scott borwn
hardcore a new begining
hardcore the third wave

Take it easy man. I just said that I did not like the cd. And that´s because I don´t like gabber. I know that it´s many of you that like this cd. Bu maybe Scott and Neophyte would do their own cd and put it outside bonkers.
The other cds that Scott has done on bonkers is great with a little gabber in the end.
Dj Esi
quote:
quote:
quote:

hardcore a new begining
hardcore the third wave

Take it easy man. I just said that I did not like the cd. And that´s because I don´t like gabber. I know that it´s many of you that like this cd. Bu maybe Scott and Neophyte would do their own cd and put it outside bonkers.
The other cds that Scott has done on bonkers is great with a little gabber in the end.

hardcore a new begining
hardcore the third wave

they already have and every single one is f*cking amazing lol
Fishy
quote:
quote:
quote:

hardcore a new begining
hardcore the third wave

Why shoulden Hixxy and all that vocal stuff be put outside bonkers, and let bonkers just be Freeform and Gabber. just as stupid
Dj Esi
quote:
Originally posted by dassfisken:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hardcore a new begining
hardcore the third wave

Why shoulden Hixxy and all that vocal stuff be put outside bonkers, and let bonkers just be Freeform and Gabber. just as stupid

oculdnt agree more ^^^ gabba is great neophyte rocks dont dis it lol they have done 3 albums i think im not sure but i think neophyte has his own album called rebuka i think but im not sure i dont own it if that is what it is called i want it though but im straying away from the point maybe their should be a complete label like bonkers but just fro gabber and freeform would be excellent i would def by a copy so you have one sale atleast if anyone does decide to do it lol
DJ_FunDaBounce just went throught the 4th cd yesterday out of the lot.
-Hixxy and Re-con...amazing.tis my kind of hardcore atm I'd say.
-sharkey and mark smith I found to be brilliant after a second listening.the productions on those look like will be much food for thought for a while.
Scott B and Neophyte...hmmm.
I wonder if we can still call this music.yes,I feel this kind of hardcore has progressed productionwise,but the message I got from it was kinda silly at times in an immature sort of way,and scary at others.really whats the idea behind the rebellious attitude?
Dougal and Gammers CD was "pretty" sounding coming after the 3rd one but the mixing, which DID seem like a slapping together of the tracks, made it an odd flow kinda reminding me of some ol skool mixing of just the happy stab bits,or even some spanish eurodance mixes from 96.
lol!
Fishy
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
just went throught the 4th cd yesterday out of the lot.
-Hixxy and Re-con...amazing.tis my kind of hardcore atm I'd say.
-sharkey and mark smith I found to be brilliant after a second listening.the productions on those look like will be much food for thought for a while.
Scott B and Neophyte...hmmm.
I wonder if we can still call this music.yes,I feel this kind of hardcore has progressed productionwise,but the message I got from it was kinda silly at times in an immature sort of way,and scary at others.really whats the idea behind the rebellious attitude?
Dougal and Gammers CD was "pretty" sounding coming after the 3rd one but the mixing, which DID seem like a slapping together of the tracks, made it an odd flow kinda reminding me of some ol skool mixing of just the happy stab bits,or even some spanish eurodance mixes from 96.
lol!

Ehm yes.. gabber is silly immature compared to Hixxys mix right.. GABBER RULES
dj_excy woooooo hooo i got me bonkers 15 yesterday for £13 ive only listened to hixxy & re-cons mix and so far fooking slammin
-Bazza- On the first listen of Hixxy & Re-con mix, I wasn't too sure about it. I've been listening to disc 3 & 4 mainly, but going back to disc 1 again it's now really growing on me, I've realised there's some damn good tunes on it. Haven't really got into disc 2 yet.
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by Fishy:
Ehm yes.. gabber is silly immature compared to Hixxys mix right.. GABBER RULES

you tell em fish mate
bonkersaboutbonkers I'd just like 2 say bonkers 15 rocks lol thts it!
kathryn Ok so am guilty of Topic Digging anno but have just had my 1st proper listen to Scot Brown/Neophyte cd and i wanted to say that i think its absolutely Bangin
Didnt used to be a fan of gabber but this is ace
Mental_Adam OMGZ AM I BACK IN TIME??

Yeah for me that had to be my highlight of the year 2005, Bonkers 15.

that year i left school and had to do all my shitty exams... Then Bonkers 15 came along when i was college.

Man, Neophyte on a Bonkers compilation. it's unreal.

I still listen to that disc today,

Capital murder and Fastern your seatbelts plus the last track 'Future priests are now' are bangin... Well as you said the whole disc is banging.
kathryn Track 4 >Tommyknocker >> Twist
What a tune
DJ Euphoric Top Tune from this CD is Gammer & Spencer "Reflections" .

All the CDs are fantastic.
95_was_the_time shite
Craig Switchback
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
shite

No need to discuss your performances in the bedroom. lol

Quicksilver What is that foul smell...?

Oh, it's 95_was_the_time!
The Doc btw everyone, Bonkers 15 is winning on match 2 in the Bonkers cup (I'm trying )
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37914
GoBeserk scott brown n neophytes disc
i can still remember me looking at the track list n thinking whoa thats all gabber
n then listening to the start of nocturnal rituals

'noo-c-c-cturnal rituals BANG BANG BANG'

perfection.
_Jay_ Listening to this today. Another very fcuking strong Bonkers.

I'm going bonkers for Bonkers lately.
wong you're really starting to make me foam now jay diggin these all old threads up
_Jay_ Sorry man.

wong hurry up and dig bonkers 10 up thats my favourite one
_Jay_ Bonkers 10 never really did that much for me, to be honest. I've got a long afternoon/night ahead of me in the office - so once I'm through with 15 I'll get it 10 on and give it a proper listen all the way through.

Just going back to Bonkers 15 quickly. I'm listening to Sharkey & Marc Smith's CD and it is absolutely phenomenal. When 15 came out, I wasn't into Freeform at all. I have been getting in to it over the last two years, so this must be the first time I've ever sat and listened to this mix all the way though. Jesus Christ - it is amazing!
Triquatra often I've found that the very first bonkers a person was introduced to (or found) tends to be their favourite one

my least favourite Bonkers was 11...but there are people who's absolute favourite is that one..surprise surprise, it was also their first one!

somthing to do with having a soft gooey warm feeling when they think about their first ever bonkers.

my dad bought me my first ever bonkers, he brought 2, 3 and 4 back (i think).
on another trip he brought me back the others that had been released 1, 5 and 6..
which thinking about it, as you don't as a kid, that must have cost him a fortune (considering back in 97-98 compilations were retailing at 15 still... thankyou dad!
wong 10 was the 1st bonkers i heard so thats probably why i am fond of it so much, that bullet in the gun remix used to really hit the spot lol
Triquatra Bonkers 15 is probably my favourite of all the "nu skool" bonkers
though 10 is pretty damn awesome too.

for me its because I enjoyed all 3 disks, and for the 4th..well, I wasn't fond on the gabber one, there are a couple on there I like..but I always enjoyed having the gabber section at the end with a few really good gabber tracks...entire cd of it just felt like a whole cd of filler tracks.
wong 16 was the weakest one for me, all cds very poor imo.
Future_Shock
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
often I've found that the very first bonkers a person was introduced to (or found) tends to be their favourite one

my least favourite Bonkers was 11...but there are people who's absolute favourite is that one..surprise surprise, it was also their first one!

11 was my first but scott brown's mix i think was very strong. Taste the rainbow, definition of a bad boy, angel eyes, self destruction, blue anthem... theres more but jst an incredibly strong cd as opposed to a strong bonkers.

15 is my favourite bonkers as a whole
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

I think Bonkers 5 or 6 are probably my least favourite. I don't neccesarily like 7 more in terms of the ammount of songs i would listen to on it, but i think it's much stronger in terms of originality and track selection. In 1998 there were some really really good tunes and Bonkers 5/6 just skip right over them in favour of poor artists' (of the mixes in question) songs (this is why i prefer the Hardcore Heaven series, always a real mixture of tunes instead of just an artist showcase).
latininxtc I guess I'm one of the few exceptions. I remember downloading 10 and 11 from a filesharing program. I guess those were officially considered my first. But definitely by far 15 is my favorite. It is the first one I actually bought a physical copy of too.
carldj90 I started with X and XI as well, but I really enjoyed 15. I used to put a mix on everynight during my freshmen year in high school before I went to sleep. Those were the days :P

Also I must say the transition from We Can Do This to Spending My Time always gets me pumped. So much energy!

- As for the bonkers series the ones I currently own are my favorite: 1, 5, 6, 7, X, XI, 13, 14, 15 16 & Best of. But I also LOVE Bonkers 2...should get me a copy of it sometime son.
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by carldj90:
- As for the bonkers series the ones I currently own are my favorite: 1, 5, 6, 7, X, XI, 13, 14, 15 16 & Best of. But I also LOVE Bonkers 2...should get me a copy of it sometime son.

Definitely pick up 9 and 12 man. They are fantastic.
djDMS I started with 1, nowhere near my favourite

carldj90
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by carldj90:

Definitely pick up 9 and 12 man. They are fantastic.

My goal for the past two years is to own the whole Bonkers collection :P
Just checked out the track listing for Bonkers 9 & 12 and they look solid!
If theres no unmixed CDs coming out in the next couple of weeks I'll place an order for both of them and get back to you on my thoughts :)

It took 7.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page