Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 JOEY RIOT HCH4!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
makingmusic just been listening to his lethal theory show on hardcore regime. i got the feeling my vibes were right, him saying he wasn't there because of deadlines to meet. he said he gonna make a anouncement later in the show. HCH4 imminent. xlent news... overload! overload!
wong i really hope he mixes on hch4, thered be at least 1 garanteed top mix then
wong i didnt realise itd already been confirmed hehe soz peeps av bin out all nite n only jus got on pc
makingmusic yeah, he announced it on his regime slot. his work is is well up for it! don't think anyone seen this one coming!
Maximes3000 Ive only heard a few of his tracks, should be interesting to see his mix on HcH tho!
joey riot just to confirm this, i will be mixing one of the disks on hardcore heaven 4.
thanks to all who have supported me.

my mix is going to feature as wide a range of artists as possible, with all the best new trax and remixes from myself and kurt too. i've been working like a madman (15/16 hour days for the past week and a half) listening to and compiling trax for my mix.

i'm extremely lucky and greatful to be given this opportunity and will work my ****ing balls off to give you the best mix i possibly can.

joey

makingmusic can't wait mate! your mixes are top draw
luminate good to hear man :D
u'v been a fav of mine l8ly, cant wait to hear ur mix :D
whittle1 Not too keen on this idea, not experienced enough to do a mix yet in my opinion. Brisk, Kev Energy, Sy, Scott Brown etc have all rightfully earned there place on the album, they are all legends. Joey Riot though, don't think i would have heard of him this time 1-2 year(s) ago.
Saying that though i enjoy a bit of change, and i do like Joey Riot he's very good + talented. And if he's willing to give this mix a good stab, then fair play it will be judged after listening to it.
kathryn Looking forward to this release!
Still play Hardcore Heaven 3 its bangin!
Dain-Ja I think it's a great thing that Joey Riot is getting a mix on Hardcore Heaven

him and Kurt are pushing a new style of uk hardcore which I really like...I find that's alot better than hearing a generic Scott Brown track compilation

I must say I'm sad to hear Brisk & Sy won't be on this one though

Best of luck to you Joey Riot - I'm sure it'll be rocking.

as for the "2 years" thing... 4 years ago people didn't even know who Gammer was

look where he is now!

Moral: stop limiting yourselves to what you already know and experience new things...this is gonna rock.
Loz_e
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Not too keen on this idea, not experienced enough to do a mix yet in my opinion. Brisk, Kev Energy, Sy, Scott Brown etc have all rightfully earned there place on the album, they are all legends. Joey Riot though, don't think i would have heard of him this time 1-2 year(s) ago.

f*cking hell you come out with some bullsh*t
Cotts
quote:
Originally posted by joey riot:

i'm extremely lucky and greatful to be given this opportunity and will work my ****ing balls off to give you the best mix i possibly can.

joey

sweet,
i cant wait for this one

milo Go Joey Go!
djDMS
quote:
just to confirm this, i will be mixing one of the disks on hardcore heaven 4.
thanks to all who have supported me.

my mix is going to feature as wide a range of artists as possible, with all the best new trax and remixes from myself and kurt too. i've been working like a madman (15/16 hour days for the past week and a half) listening to and compiling trax for my mix.

joey

Anybody doubting that Joey should be doing a mix on HH4 just read that again - and then read it again just to make sure.

The guy cares what he does and has worked so hard to get to where he is now in such a short time.

Well earned, and much deserved.
bulby_g I'm quite happy with that Joey plays a decent set. Definitely does have the experience to mix it but may not pull as many punters to the CD as a better known DJ... Wont stop me from buying it anyway. I'll be looking forward to this mix more than Scott Browns.
Sk8SiM
quote:
i've been working like a madman (15/16 hour days for the past week and a half)

OH BABY!!!!!! THIS ONES IN THE BAG!!!

in that case ^^^^ I'm intressed! good to see you have passion my friend
KEEP IT UP

makingmusic i think i'll celebrate and open that vintage can of mc kewans lager i've been saving!!
danjel gogo Joey! :)
Smoogie Joey Riot has brought some difefrent style tunes and remixes out so there should be something for everyone on his mix. Best of luck to him!
warped_candykid ooooo, I hope "Bring me Back (DJ Kurt Remix), is on his mix!!! I want that song sooooooo bad!!!
whittle1
quote:
Originally posted by Loz_e:
quote:
Not too keen on this idea, not experienced enough to do a mix yet in my opinion. Brisk, Kev Energy, Sy, Scott Brown etc have all rightfully earned there place on the album, they are all legends. Joey Riot though, don't think i would have heard of him this time 1-2 year(s) ago.

Just because i'm criticising a DJ you like, don't be a baby.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by makingmusic:
i think i'll celebrate and open that vintage can of mc kewans lager i've been saving!!

Never heard of him.

You got any of his lyrics?
Loz_e
quote:
quote:
quote:

You know f*ck all, saying joey doesnt deserve a mix, when he has worked 10 times harder than some of the dj's headlining compilations at the moment! just because YOU think that he isnt experienced enough, doesnt mean he isnt experienced enough. there is a difference between YOUR opinion and fact.

you always say they same thing, as soon as a compilation or dj or something happens that isnt the same old same old you f*cking criticise it!

you criticised the wow10 tracklist, the best compilation in years! now your criticising joey's inclusion in HH4, one of the best things that has happened to a major compiltation!

if it was up to you, it would be Scott brown, Styles and Sy headling every CD!! f*cking wake up, there more to hardcore than that!
makingmusic he he .....i did actually 'predict a riot'!! (only to myself though) wonder what ladbrokes the bookies would have give?
whittle1
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You know f*ck all, saying joey doesnt deserve a mix, when he has worked 10 times harder than some of the dj's headlining compilations at the moment! just because YOU think that he isnt experienced enough, doesnt mean he isnt experienced enough. there is a difference between YOUR opinion and fact.

you always say they same thing, as soon as a compilation or dj or something happens that isnt the same old same old you f*cking criticise it!

you criticised the wow10 tracklist, the best compilation in years! now your criticising joey's inclusion in HH4, one of the best things that has happened to a major compiltation!

if it was up to you, it would be Scott brown, Styles and Sy headling every CD!! f*cking wake up, there more to hardcore than that!

I've criticised two compilations that you like, calm down and get back on ush. And i don't criticise everything, i've enjoyed many compilations that have come out this year. It's only my opinion, and i think everyone is entitled to there own opinion so why slate it? It's not going to change anything anyway, so why bother remembering what previous posts i've made about other compilations which is irrelevant.
clarke101 Calm down girls.

Everybody is intitled to an opinion.
whittle1
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:
Calm down girls.

Everybody is intitled to an opinion.

Thankyou.
You know i am actually a lady!
makingmusic fight! fight! fight!
Loz_e so in your opinion djs you dont like but are extremely hard working do not deserve to be on compilations?

so in your opinion, even if the dj produces amazing tracks (gets them on most compilations), can mix alot better than some djs gracing the current compilations, and really work their ass off, shouldnt be on a compilation because you first heard of them only 2 years ago? is ther some sort of probationary period where your only allowed to mix a cd if you have been well known for a certain amount of years?

yes i understand your entitled to your opinion - but in this instance your opinion is WRONG!

and shut up with the whole 'get back on ush thing' its boring.

**bangs head against wall in frustration**
dbadger
quote:
so in your opinion djs you dont like but are extremely hard working do not deserve to be on compilations?

so in your opinion, even if the dj produces amazing tracks (gets them on most compilations), can mix alot better than some djs gracing the current compilations, and really work their ass off, shouldnt be on a compilation because you first heard of them only 2 years ago? is ther some sort of probationary period where your only allowed to mix a cd if you have been well known for a certain amount of years?

yes i understand your entitled to your opinion - but in this instance your opinion is WRONG!

and shut up with the whole 'get back on ush thing' its boring.

**bangs head against wall in frustration**

yep

wong dus anyone no wen its released yet?
Loz_e October 2nd according to play.com (wouldnt trust em though!)
SCOOTHTID well done joey !! been a big fan of your music for a good while now ! seen u n kurt live at carling academy 2 week ago ! ****in excelent m8 ! u well deserve a shot at this bud ! good luck ! Arrdcore To The Boneeee:):)
clarke101
quote:
rant

His opinion can never be wrong. Just as yours can never be wrong

Loz_e aye an opinion can be wrong, if i was to say...in my opinion 2 + 2 = 5 that would be wrong.

for whittle to say that joey doesnt deserve a mix on HH4 - that would be wrong.

anyway back on topic, the news that joey is mixing HH4 is a breath of fresh air, its what one of the larger compilations needed.
clarke101 His opinion is not wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he feels he doesnt deserve the mix thats fine. He doesnt pick who does the mixes anyway.

Also peoples criteria for what people would have to do to deserve a mix would also be different. He would be judging different things to you. There by leading to the differnce of opinion.
Marshy88 Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
ooooo, I hope "Bring me Back (DJ Kurt Remix), is on his mix!!! I want that song sooooooo bad!!!

That track has got to be a contender for track of the year surely!Please put it on your mix!
milo HH4 should do a 'Whack-a-DJ' game too, seems like that would help release a lot of tension in here =P
ajuk1986 Sy should be mixing HH4, no offence joey i do think you will be wikid, you are all sorted Dj's, but the last 3 have been with Sy & Brisk who think are f****** ace, i just hope Scott Brown dont go dodgy towards the end of his mix cuz it's head ache music! Bring Bk Brisk & Sy!!! Still looking forward to HH4 tho! Still Shud be bangin' !!! Cuz joey only heard a few tracks been good kid! make this mix F****** ace!

P.S No Dodgy crap from SB please
dj switchback
quote:
Saying that though i enjoy a bit of change, and i do like Joey Riot he's very good + talented. And if he's willing to give this mix a good stab, then fair play it will be judged after listening to it.

That is the biggest lot of shite i've ever heard in my life. "Not experianced enough to mix an album".........you ****in' tool!!!
You know **** all about the scene judging by your posts.
Loz_e
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
quote:

That is the biggest lot of shite i've ever heard in my life. "Not experianced enough to mix an album".........you ****in' tool!!!
You know **** all about the scene judging by your posts.

well said bro! i was waiting for you to see that post!

NeXuS Looking much forward to this new change!

Variety is what makes hardcore so interesting, and to have the same artists mixing album after album stales up the scene.
Much congratz to Joey.

If it were my way, I would again have 3 different artists mixing HH5 ;)
Sk8SiM people I'm a bit of my face!!!!!!!¬"!!:P

and all i'm gonna szay its!!

CHILL!!!!! YEAH!!!!

WERE HARDCORE MAN!!!
NOT ****ING "MEH MEH MEH CORE!!!!"

CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

lol take care ok pps :)
your all wikid!

SO STOP THE SHIT!!!!

loz your right, and whisstle!!
i don't agree on your "opin"

i.e. DON'T MEAN I'M RIGHT OR WRONG!!!

and opin is there for debating about!

and that opin

and that one!!!
it all ends up to

ALL OF USE LEAVING WITH A SMILE HAVING LEARNT SOMETHING!!!

(or mabie not :P hahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!)
^^^mashed!!!

SO... CHILLLLL!!!! [:P]

DJHaze Respect to Joey and Kurt.

I am well excited Joey is mixing HH4.

Hazy
warped_candykid I think its awsome to see a change! I think newer Producers/DJ deserve a chance to be heard! Like I said "Bring me Back (DJ Kurt Remix) Better be on that cd!!! That is just one of the best songs ever!
djDMS Could all those without their tongue stuck up somebody's arse please raise their hands!
clarke101 I thought you liked my tounge there
charlieee oh man i can't wait till its out man gonna b sic
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:
I thought you liked my tounge there

There are exceptions mate

;)
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by makingmusic:
i think i'll celebrate and open that vintage can of mc kewans lager i've been saving!!

Never heard of him.

You got any of his lyrics?

wkd mate, have to say your posts have cracked me up the last week or so.

Cheers
mnimmo1986 where the hell has sy gone on this release like????///
Delboy This is great news & a chance to showcase someone different for a change. Well done Joey!
MC Hunter Personally this news is great to hear and even tho Joey Riot hasnt been one of the major DJ's this gives him just the chance he needs to proove himself so im listening to this album with an open mind.

everyone seems to not like the idea of Scott Brown mixing a CD? personally i love his music and i am a great gabber fan and also love DJ Sy, Brisk, Hixxy etc. i think that having the 3 cds as Scott Brown, Kevin Energy, and Joey Riot would be a great compilation as we have an Experienced Harder Style Hardcore/Gabber DJ (Scott Brown), a new Comer which in the past has released some legendary tracks (Joey Riot) and the Freeform style of hardcore (Kevin Energy) so this hardcore heaven should be one of the bests!!!

Keep up the good work Joey!!
makingmusic yo' chris B...humour kills 99%of all anxiety conditions. the other 1% are self inflicted!!!??.....don't let em get to ya

It took 3.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page