Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Equipment Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Polaris I was wonderin if you guys could give me a list of some of the best dj equipment, and a place where i could buy it. And maybe what i'll need to actually produce trax.

For the past 2 years ive been a software DJ, goin to clubs with a Midi keyboard, laptop, and 10k worth of software. Ive been doin allright, but more and more people expect a dj to a have turntables, and decks, and shit like that, so i wanna learn the old skool stuff. I think it would be alot better than usin a buncha propellerhead software.

So gimme a list of the best, and i'll go from there. thx

DJ e-Klyps If u are talking dex etc then u wont go wrong with a set of technics sl1210/1200's.
Vestaz make some nice mixers and seinheser ans sony make some pretty decent headphones.

If u were talkin about something else i apologise.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
StrifeII If techinics are outside your budget, try vestax. They make some good stuff, about £1000 a package.

nowi'mfeelin'fine
sunrize My favorite set of equipment to play on when I play out would have to be :

Technics SL-1200M3D with Orotofon Cartridges and a Pioneer DJM-600 Mixer.

At home I have the same except the mixer is a Gemini PS-646 Pro II. Not as good as the djm-600 but it works for now.

cheers!
sunrize
http://djsunrize.com
Lusive DEX: if you cant afford new technics 1200's, i'd advise tryna find some second hand technics decks. I know too many people who went for the "dj in a box" joke and are now constantly asking to use my decks. if you are serious about djing you will save money by getting technics now and not later.

for headphones i'd go sennheiser mainly cause they block out some external club noise and they are lighter than sony's so you can wear them longer.

and for a mixer i'd recomend if you have a huge budget the pioneer DJM-600/DJM-500 mainly cause its got a nice spread out setup and it has light level meters for each channel and for the master.

its got usual club style cueing... plus channel effexts (flanger reverb echo etc..)

for a budget mixer... maybe the two channel pioneer (djm 300?).. i dont know.. i hate my vestax mixer ;)

--------¡
Open your eyes, see all the love in me, I got enough for ever.
Dont be afraid, take all you need from me, and we'll be strong together...
Soren For tables I'd also advise getting used 1200's cause if you don't like DJ'ing you can sell them for what U got them for so U loose nothing.

For mixers it depends or ur budget. If you want a cheap mixer buy any $100 or less new 2 channel mixer. For medium budget id get a used Pioneer DJM 500, I think U should be able to find a decent one for around $400. For high budget id get a Pioneer DJM 600, they are around $1100 now I think.

Headphones I like the Sony silver ones that everyone has. I have a pair and they are really nice. The sennheiser headphones are nice cause they are lighter and the cone is a little farther from your ear so it doesn't hurt so much to blast them for a long time. Problems with sennheiser IMO are that they don't have the all ur base response of the Sony's and also that they are designed as reference phones, not DJ phones, which means they have a lower MW rating and they will blow easier than they Sony's.

^_^

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you get any used gear and U don't know a lot about what U are about to buy try and get somone to come along with you that knows a lot to test the stuff for U. I think I would advise against buying used gear unless you get somone (or yourself) that knows a lot about it to check it out, or unless you know the person you are buying the stuff from really well and know they wouldn't screw you over :)

Edited by - soren on 05 Jun 2001 08:51:18
silver As anyone in their life ever seen a dead SL1200?

The only thing I have seen wrong with an SL1200 is one of my old MK2's blew a fuse once.
Soren I have never seen "dead" 1200's, but I have seen some that are pretty messed up. I saw one table that got dropped and landed on a corner. Even though the surface damage wasn't too bad the platter moved around and it got really quirky. I saw another set that some kid was trying to scratch on with rubber matts so the platters were constantly stopped with the power going and the magnets got juiced and the start speed was really slow on them. And I have seen many 1200's with messed up RCA's and broken tonearm latches ^_^

silver I'm not talking about wear and tear :)
Soren *Soren Gets Confused (not the first time for sure)*

Ohhh...???? Ummm... Never mind then... derrrr... uuuhhhhhhh.....sorry ^_^ lol

Lusive yeh man i've seen one dead sl1200.. but it was a original 1200 like from the late 80's (not a mark2/mach2?)

it looked same as a mk2 but had green and yellow (if i remember correctly) rca's instead of red/white

it was dead.. the dude couldnt get it to work... it was pretty beat up too. he knew it wasnt the fuse but thats all he knew. i wanted to buy it even though it was dead.. but he liked the idea of an original 1200 as much as i did

--------¡
Open your eyes, see all the love in me, I got enough for ever.
Dont be afraid, take all you need from me, and we'll be strong together...
nightswifter my mate dropped his sl1200 down a 9 story stair case and they survived...wow!
silver Yeah thats what I am talking about, SL1200's don't die :)
nightswifter WICKIDA :)

Charly says! always telly yer mommy b4 u go of somewhere.
dj-efeks 1200's advertise themselves, all you need to do is use one and you wont go back...

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...
silver All all you need to do is buy one and you will never have to buy another one again :)
dj-efeks has anyone ever used 2 different decks to mix, ie, a 1200 and a stanton str-80, its not the best thing to try do...

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page