Radio listeners 171+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HARDCORE EUPHORIA - Out now

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver HARDCORE EUPHORIA
3xCD MIXED BY SY & UNKNOWN, DOUGAL & GAMMER AND BRISK & HAM

Euphoria, the market leaders of UK Trance and Hard House embark on a journey into a genre of frenetic, high energy, rave fuelled music- the hedonistic world of Hardcore!

Gathering 6 of the most successful and high profile DJs of the Hardcore generation, Euphoria makes its first foray into Hardcore with extreme force. 5 legends of the scene and 1 young upstart have been carefully selected to showcase the full range of hardcore - from bouncy vocal anthems to pounding gabber cuts, it's all here. No classics, no fillers - just a whopping 67 tracks of the most upfront, exclusive hardcore anthems, remixes, and re-edits.

The DJs who mixed this compilation have been enthusing to us for weeks, telling us how excited they are about the imminent release of this massive compilation. Brisk & Ham had so much hot material that they had to cram 30 tracks onto their disc, Dougal thinks his disc with young prodigy Gammer is the best mix he's ever done, and Sy & Unknown had to take a couple of Valiums after they mixed theirs to calm them down! So without further ado, let's get into the juicy details and have a look at the tracklists!

Sy & Unknown - CD1

The bounce is back! Two veterans of the scene round up a whole host of joyous hardcore from their own label Quosh - featuring no less than 15 of their new productions. New talents DJ Kurt and Joey Riot join the fold alongside some updated versions of Quosh classics on this first disc. You know the score - it's fast, bouncy, and the vocals and pianos are in full effect. The happy hardcore sound updated for a new generation - with added phatness for extra effect.

Audiolush - Feel The Power (Sy & Unknown remix)
Paradise - Angel (Sy & Unknown remix)
Amie Jayne - We Feel So High (Sy & Unknown remix)
Pulsonix - Lift Me Up (Sy & Unknown remix)
Nysse & Hinton feat Pascale - Silver Water (Sy & Unknown remix)
Fracus & Gavin G - Run From Me (Sy & Unknown remix)
Audiolush - Take Me Away (Sy & Unknown remix)
Jamie Ritmen - Amnesia (Sy & Unknown remix)
Insight - If That's Alright With You 2006
Joey Riot - Jumpin' Pumpin'
Rocco - I Don't Know (Sy & Unknown remix)
Sy & Unknown feat. Lou Lou - Dancing In The Shadows
Content X - You Heal Me (Sy & Unknown remix)
Sy & Unknown - Dangerzone
Sy & Unknown - Product Of The Devil 2006
DJ Kurt - Beatz Control
Sy & Unknown feat. Lou Lou - Just Close Your Mind
Sy & Unknown - Closer To Heaven
Sy & Unknown - Make It Bounce (Joey Riot & DJ Kurt remix)
Dandy Crouch feat Shelly - Emotions & Dreams (Kurt remix)

Dougal & Gammer - CD2

aka The Master and The Apprentice. With the helping of hardcore pioneer Dougal, Gammer has become one of the most inspiring production talents the scene has ever heard. On the other hand, Gammer has helped to push Dougal's sound into a tougher direction - with this long-standing legend now producing dirtier, darker cuts alongside the big spine-tingling moments he is known for. In a rare back-to-back appearance, this dynamic duo have absolutely smashed it to bits. All killers - no fillers!

Gammer & Cat Knight - A New Feeling (Let It Shine)
Dougal & Gammer - Deadbeat
Dougal, Gammer & Jenna - When I Close My Eyes
Dougal & Gammer - The Beat, The Bass
Dougal, Gammer & Lisa Abbot - Stop The Clock
Squad-E - My Direction (Essential Platinum Remix)
Dougal & Gammer - This Is A Virus
Kurt - Space Odyssey 2006
Dougal, Gammer & Lisa Marie - Heaven Calls
Trinity - In Dreams (Essential Platinum Remix)
Dougal and Gammer - Pump Up The Noise 2006
DJ Fear and Lisa Abbot - Don't Walk Away
Dougal & Gammer - Brainstorm
Styles, Dougal and Lisa Marie - Still The One (Gammers Muffin Mix)
United In Dance - Boom Daka
Marc Smith & Gammer - Pump This Party
Cube::Hard - Music Of The Primes (Gammer Edit)
Transit - Count The Hours (Essential Platinum Marmite)

Brisk & Ham - CD3
ATTENTION PLEASE! HARDCORE EXCLUSIVE! For the first time ever, long time production partners and hardcore innovators Brisk & Ham have mixed a CD together for a compilation other than the ones put out on their own label! Next Generation Records and Blatant Beats have consistently been two of the strongest labels in the scene, and this mix exemplifies their sound. Elements of Rave, Hard Dance, and DnB are combined in the Brisk & Ham sound to make a diverse blend of the euphoric, the melodic, and the downright banging! This is the true sound of hardcore music.

Intro:
Brisk & Ham feat Lisa Marie - Angel
Brisk & Vagabond - Eurolove
Ham - Listen To The Beat
Eclipse feat. Lisa Marie - Hearts Desire
Ham - Throw Your Hands Up
Brisk & Vagabond - Hope & Pray (inhouse)
MC Keyes - Take A Chance (Brisk & Vagabond Rmx)
Hujib - Over & Over
Brisk & Vagabond - Hardcore Virus
Euphoria - Unseen Land
Ham - Every Day Of My Life (inhouse)
Brisk & Ham feat Lisa Marie - In Your Arms (B&V Rmx)
Druid & Stormtrooper - Pump This Party
Double Dutch - Dance & Spin
Stormtrooper - One More
Supermode - Tell Me Why (Vagabond Rmx)
Steve Hill Vs D10 - Cold As Ice (Weaver & Suae Rmx)
Brisk & Vagabond - Into The Sunlight
Acolyte & Sean Apollo - We Don't Stop
Euphoria feat Tais - The Rush Is Mine
Gammer & Obie - Keep Em Dancing
Heaven 7 - Kontakt DJ
Scott Brown - Goodbye My Friend
Solapse - Nobody Likes It
Ham - Detonate This Sound
Dreadhed - Too Damn High
Brisk & Vagabond - Nation To Nation
Tha Playah - **** The Titties (Tommyknocker & The Viper Rmx)
Hard Creation - I Will Have That Power (Stunned Guys Rmx)
Brian K might this have something to do with the different background on the page?
ihaveduff I waaaaaant one :( probably won't get it in Australia for another 6 - 8 months
DJ Mole extravaganza!!! woop lol what a cd
Cotts yeah to give it justice it is a damn sweet album. Definatly worth the buy it is without doubt the hilight album of the year for me. so kickin.
T~ the site background looks cool
bulby_g How much money am I gonna have to blow on CD's this month?

Looks good bar Sy and Unknown who I really don't rate anymore... Shame, they used to be so good.
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
How much money am I gonna have to blow on CD's this month?

Looks good bar Sy and Unknown who I really don't rate anymore... Shame, they used to be so good.

I know man, Its such a shame! They use't to kick ass!
DJ Mole Here is the Moley review

Sy & Unknown - Disk 1

Typical bounce as expected, but i think Sy & Unknown need to do more tracks like Rock It Like This & Free Your Mind remix, rather than just place vocals over a bouncey beat.., the tracks that stand out for me on this CD

Rocco - I Don't Know (Sy & Unknown remix)
Sy & Unknown - Product Of The Devil 2006 << amazing remix!
DJ Kurt - Beatz Control
Sy & Unknown - Make It Bounce (Joey Riot & DJ Kurt remix)
Dandy Crouch feat Shelly - Emotions & Dreams (Kurt remix)

i felt this mix really needed more variety to it, just felt very samey to me, more songs like product of the devil 06 needed!!

Dougal & Gammer - Disk 2

Could only expect the best from this cd and i was not wrong! i have waited on this cd for too long since bonkers 15 in fact, ok alot of Dougal & Gammer but is that bad considering each song contains a blinding riff, also liking Gammers take on Re-Cons style of bounce tracks (deadbeat & brainstorm) both sexual Twisted Evil , tracks that stood out for me

Dougal & Gammer - The Beat, The Bass
Dougal & Gammer - This Is A Virus
Styles, Dougal and Lisa Marie - Still The One (Gammers Muffin Mix)
United In Dance - Boom Daka
Marc Smith & Gammer - Pump This Party

good mix of both vocal and rifftastic tunes, couldnt have of expected less, my favourite cd of the 3!

Brisk & Ham - Disk 3

i felt alot of the tracks could of been more Euphoria'd Confused did like a good few of this big ass mix of 30 there was a track missing that i really loved from a Brisk set though sounded VAGABOND was on par with World of Unknown for greatness containted a Jay-Z sounding sample "tell me what you like and we can crush the night" or something along these lines, another good mix of rifftastic and vocals used though, tracks that stood out for me

Ham - Listen To The Beat
Ham - Throw Your Hands Up
MC Keyes - Take A Chance (Brisk & Vagabond Rmx)
Brisk & Vagabond - Hardcore Virus
Euphoria - Unseen Land
Brisk & Ham feat Lisa Marie - In Your Arms (B&V Rmx)
Druid & Stormtrooper - Pump This Party << ANTHEM!!
Brisk & Vagabond - Into The Sunlight << Craig you were right, ANTHEM!
Acolyte & Sean Apollo - We Don't Stop
Euphoria feat Tais - The Rush Is Mine
Gammer & Obie - Keep Em Dancing
Heaven 7 - Kontakt DJ
Scott Brown - Goodbye My Friend
Brisk & Vagabond - Nation To Nation
Tha Playah - **** The Titties (Tommyknocker & The Viper Rmx)

Overall an 8/10 for this CD seems reasonable, certainly wont be a cd i will be putting down until Hardcore Underground!!
XenatR just ordered mine from amazon :D:D

should get it on wednesday w00t!
benz
quote:
Originally posted by ihaveduff:
I waaaaaant one :( probably won't get it in Australia for another 6 - 8 months

Why don't you jsut get it here??

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/GENCD/3-/1639583/Hardcore_Euphoria/Product.html
Phobz Just whiping my saliva off me keyboard, wow I will be getting this as soon as i'm paid. YUUUMMMMM!!!
Sk8SiM K i'll make this fast, i gotta dash back off to work (I'm not even meant to be on a computer!)

Brote it... and sat down and read what the artists had to say, good read, th've put tons of work into it!...
Then... got brisk & hams out (Ofcource ) and turn the cd over to see!

IT WAS PINK!!!! *orgasams* haha wikid!
Then... had a play... the intro was banging!
so fair... i've play 10 tracks and I'm loving it... but then i had to turn it off as i was in a rush!

2ndly...
Track 8 - "Take a chance!"
OMG!!!!!! Them vocals man... made me smile
Vocals havn't made me do that for long time, i didn't like the lead too much, but i know for fact it will grow on me...

All all in... Its already sounding better then alot of other comps out this year...
I'll be giving it a full listen later on... won't be reviewing it though till atleast 2-3 listens as ofcource most the time time comps have to grow on you abit before you can comment on them fairly

But its smaching stuff soo far Defo worth the buy
jenks Sounding good, I was abit dissapointed my pre-order didn't arrive today, infact I was rather peeved!

Just one thing, is it me or does the advert suck badly? No life to it at all!
djDMS I'll buy it...erm....soon.

Still listening to HH4 a fair bit so in no great rush to get it, will probably grab it sometime this week.
gloworm the reason for the temp of the tv ad is cause it's a euphoria release- all their tv ads have a slow resolve, suppose they did what they could with it- personally i like it.
it's definitely the most stylish one we've ever had and the soundbed is wicked, even my non hardcore mates are likin it
danjel This is one of the best albums in a long time. Go and buy it! :D
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by gloworm:
the reason for the temp of the tv ad is cause it's a euphoria release- all their tv ads have a slow resolve, suppose they did what they could with it- personally i like it.
it's definitely the most stylish one we've ever had and the soundbed is wicked, even my non hardcore mates are likin it

I Like it It's more, Real!

See, if you have clips of people at a hardcore rave, even though thats showing people what were about... its still putting people off! If people see that there gonna think "oh look at all them crazy pillheading chav ****ers!" lol - thefore no new genuine people into the scene!

You want something short & sweet... something that just GRABS you! and makes your eyebrows rise and go "hummm, thats looks intressing"
^^^^ makes them wanna find out more, i.e. head down to HMV & grab themselfs a copy

I Think the ad done that ^^^ Pretty Well
lel which songs are played in the advert??
HARRIBO
quote:
Originally posted by HARRIBO:
different switch on if thats alright with you (cant beat the original though):p
other tracks off of sy and unknown discs that stand out are:

rocco - i dont know
sy and unknown feat lou lou - just close ur mind
insight feat amie jayne - we feel so high
fracus and gavin g feat lisa abbott - run to me (would love to hear the full version of this and not just 90 secs)

dougal and gammer stand out tracks:..................

..........**** it the whole cd kicks ass!!!

brisk and ham stand out tracks: liking it all up to the gabber at the end

gloworm ha ha -in the interview brisk says he forced ham into putting thagt track on the cd but it's ended up as ham's favourite -maybe it'll grow on u
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by T~:
the site background looks cool

Its good innit?
NathanD Is a quality album, good to see so many people takin' a liking to it already!

I love it coz it's fresh... None of these over played anthems or garunteed crowdpleasers... Just nice new Hardcore fresh from the studio's!

Lovin' it even more because it has tracks from myself, Sean Apollo & The Acolyte on it!!!

If you havn't already bought it... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

//Nath (Solapse)
walla13 its a mint ablum so go out and buy it
sy&unown mixs has a few could songs on it best ones bu kurt
dugal&gammers mix is very good
brisk&hams mix well thats just amzing all the way through
hope the will make another one that would be cool
GREGGYHTID13 this album is amazing, hearts desire is the first vocal track in ages where the hairs on the back of neck stood up, the only disappointing thing is everyday of my life didnt include the melodic bit on the end, heard the full version on robbie long on MOS radio with it and its such a quality track, apart from tht i thought only havin about two mins a track on B&H mix worked really well.

Standout tracks for me are DEADBEAT, HEARTS DESIRE, KONTACT DJ, IN DREAMS (best sy and unknown track for me should have been on their mix)
raver.diva Agree 'Hearts desire' good tune prefer 'Your Angel' thou!

only heard lisa marie with dougal&Gammer tunes? but loving the tunes with
Brisk&Ham there mix is the best albums wicked! avnt stopped listening to it!!!:)

whittle1 Yeah really good album i knew it would be something special as soon as i heard about it. Dougal & Gammer's mix doing it for me at the moment.
T~ Listened to the Brisk & Ham mix so far an I loved it. I like the way they cut down the tracks and put more in cus it kept it interesting. I thought every tune on it was great except 'Hard Creation - I Will Have That Power' because i cant stand that damn voice. overall banging mix, loved the intro too
-Bazza- Is there something different about the site?
Mr igloo
quote:
Originally posted by T~:
Listened to the Brisk & Ham mix so far an I loved it. I like the way they cut down the tracks and put more in cus it kept it interesting. I thought every tune on it was great except 'Hard Creation - I Will Have That Power' because i cant stand that damn voice. overall banging mix, loved the intro too

Haha, Brisk's intros keep getting better and better each time but with the addition of Ham this time :).
Hardcore4eva
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Yeah really good album i knew it would be something special as soon as i heard about it. Dougal & Gammer's mix doing it for me at the moment.

SNAP!!!
XenatR it came in the post today :D:D:D:D:D:D:D::DD:D:D

just started listening to CD1.. 1st song owns :D
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by XenatR:
it came in the post today :D:D:D:D:D:D:D::DD:D:D

Same here, gotta say Brisk & Ham's mix is top for me, Sy & Unknown's is predictable but Dougal & Gammer's isn't what I expected... I thought there'd be more variation - softest mix I've heard and that includes Raverbaby ones, still good though, nice vibe.

Overall a good compilation, probably get listened to more than HH4 anyway :)
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Same here, gotta say Brisk & Ham's mix is top for me, Sy & Unknown's is predictable but Dougal & Gammer's isn't what I expected... I thought there'd be more variation - softest mix I've heard and that includes Raverbaby ones, still good though, nice vibe.

Overall a good compilation, probably get listened to more than HH4 anyway :)

I was gonna give it a review... But you just summed up my thoughs!

What Jenks said - 100%
jenks
SCOOTHTID just got it this morning, listening to it now

sy's cd so far is ok :)

luvin make it bounce lethal theory remix
wong brisk n ham my fave. fave tune is the cold as ice remix, cant remember who its by tho i aint got cd tracklist in front of me cus i left it at work like a numpty
Soulguage this album is the shit
Uproar Sy & Unkown's mix is so disappointing.

Frisk & Ram and Dougal & Gammer's mixed were top notch.
Marshy88 I like every mix think there fab.Fav tracks are
CD1
We feel so high, Run from me, Take me away, If thats alright with you 06 and emotions & Dreams

CD2
A new feeling, My direction , Stop the clock , in dreams , Pump up the noise06 , Dont walk away and music of the primes

CD3
Your Angel, Hearts disire, Take a chance, Unseen land<(my favourite on the album) Into yours arms, Kontact dj , Goodbye my freind
Triquatra its ok, im not overly blown away with the album - personally i liked brisks and hams mix - well...the end of the mix at least from like...track 9 onwards

found the album a little too cheesy for my tastes i guess (british use of the word cheesy not american use)

but glad we finally got a euphoria album for hardcore! :)
this-is-bonkers i think its safe to say that disc 3 is the best!...i would liek to see brisk & ham do more mixes together ratehr than just choons....anyone tinking B2B on b17?! :-D
Ard2theCore Brisk+Ham's Mix is teh No.1 CD. Dance&Spin, Hardcore Virus and Into the Sunlight are some of the best Choonz for me. And i gt2 admit I really enjoyed Vagabonds remix of Tell Me Why.

Dougal+Gammer are a close 2nd, love their Selection as always! Gammers remix of Still The One is Buzzin as is Count The Hours.

Sy+Unknown CD failed to stand out from the rest of their recent CD's. Howeve definatley enjoyed their remix of Audiolush's Take Me Away.... CHOON!
Gammer Muchos thanks for feedback on the album guys :)

I appreciate all the comments and have taken it all onboard for future albums.

Muchos love :-) x
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Gammer:
Muchos thanks for feedback on the album guys :)

I appreciate all the comments and have taken it all onboard for future albums.

Muchos love :-) x

Is that yours and Dougals remix of 'My Direction' because I'be heard there are quite a few mistakes on the tracklist on the back?
Ard2theCore I Wuv u Gammer!

You make me want to touch myself in my knickers!!

Makes me laugh every time i hear that Track. Tis an awesome Toon mate!
Leto I actually enjoyed all the mixes!

Sy & Unknown's is weak in many parts, but I have to say that some of there more invenvtive and progressive tracks that delve into subtler facets of music are quite impressive. Particularly Just Close Your Mind. I also really liked the Joey Riot & Kurt Remix of Make It Bounce, and the Kurt Remix of Emotions & Dreams. Otherwise, it was kind of boring with some really nice vocals and pretty songs.

Dougal and Gammer's mix...I need to give it another listen. I don't particularly like it though. It wasn't bad, and the mixing was fine, but the best tracks (imo) are Pump This Party, Deadbeat, and Space Odyssey 2006 although I liked Boom Daka and Brainstorm.

Brisk & Ham's wins overall with sheer variety alone. Really loving this. Best tracks = all of them ;)
Great compilation! It's lacking freeform though...so it gets an 8/10 from me...:)
DJ_Frantik i bought this album and went to get my money back i may as well bought a hard dance album as this certainly was not hardcore in my book hardcore has gone soft and main stream there is nothing interesting in it anymore unlike the good old days
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Frantik:
i bought this album and went to get my money back i may as well bought a hard dance album as this certainly was not hardcore in my book hardcore has gone soft and main stream there is nothing interesting in it anymore unlike the good old days

Nothing "Intressing" in Hardcore These days -

Change that to "UK HardCore" (what this album is) and i'd agree with you
There nothing "pulling you in" anymore is there mate

But on a whole, i still think its a top album (conpaired to alot of other stuff out this year)

and also, try having a browse around the net mate
hardcore breaks is still around, so is the happy sound... aswell as the new world of freeformaction and breakbeat hardcore, (which may i add, is SHIT HOT!!!) including even more indepth dutch hardcore!

Theres a big world out there Go and have a look! But don't expect to find it in your local hi street store
whittle1 I've had a proper listen to this one, and besides the odd belter, it's a mediocore album. The best track has to be Pulsonix - Lift Me Up (Sy & Unknown remix) WHAT A TUNE!
Dain-Ja I've finally gotten the chance to listen to the whole thing...

CD1 - Sy & Unknown

Some decent tracks - I like the Rocco remix... Overall it was a bit boring though, nice vocal numbers but everything sounded so same-same.

I've only heard it once and I'm kinda bored of it already

Top tracks:

Audiolush - Feel the Power (Sy & Unknown remix)
Pulsonix - Lift me Up (Sy & Unknown remix)
Rocco - I don't know (Sy & Unknown remix)
Sy & Unknown - Product of the Devil 2006
Sy & Unknown - Make it bounce (Joey Riot & DJ Kurt remix)

I give it 6.75/10

CD2 - Dougal & Gammer

This mix started off so well - A new feeling is AWESOME (already had gotten the vinyl though). I was expecting big things and slow mixing as is the usual dougal & gammer way but I was a bit dissapointed. Alot of the tracks sounded similar with nice vocals but sub par lyrics...

Top tracks:

Gammer & Cat Knight - A New Feeling
D-Code feat Emma - My direction (Squad E remix)
Dougal & Gammer - This is a virus
Transit - Count the hours

I give it 6.75/10 ('A new feeling' counts for alot of it)

CD3 - Brisk & Ham

This mix was by far the best on the compilation. A bunch of awesome tracks, some original ones, very good super quick mixes... I loved it.
It's not quite as good as HH3 (this one doesn't have turn out the lights LOL) but still pretty good.

The compilation is worth the money just for this mix.

Top tracks:

Brisk & Ham - Your angel
Brisk & Vagabond - Eurolove 2006
Eclipse feat Lisa Marie - Hearts Desire
Hujib - Over & Over
Hardcore Masif - Cold As Ice (Weaver & Suae remix)
The Acolyte & Sean Apollo - We don't stop
Euphoria - The rush is mine
Heaven 7 - Kontact DJ
Scott Brown - Goodbye my friend
Solapse - Nobody likes it <-- SWEET TRACK, very original too.
Brisk & Vagabond - Nation to nation

Other tracks are good too...but I figure that's a pretty massive list

I give it 9/10

Basically Brisk & Ham made this a good CD.
tru bass i cant put the brisk + ham cd down its just tooo goood!
i actually dont dislike any of the songs on that cd!

dougal + gammers cd is nearly the same except one major factor "boom daka" all i can say for that song is oh dear what is happening

sy+unknown hmm im not too keen on cheesecore and only "jumpin' pumpin'" really jumps out. (not by much at all though)

altogether its an amazing album

minus cd1 it would be classed as one of the best i have
DylanHicks Euhoria-AMAIZING ALBUM. MIXed by the best in the business with the best tracks out there.
Nooney
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
dougal + gammers cd is nearly the same except one major factor "boom daka" all i can say for that song is oh dear what is happening

I don't know how you can say that!
I think Boom Daka is a great track, and even if it just ain't your thing you've got to give it some credit for the originality.
whittle1 Fave tunes:

Sy & Unknown - CD1

Amie Jayne - We Feel So High (Sy & Unknown remix)
Joey Riot - Jumpin' Pumpin'
Content X - You Heal Me (Sy & Unknown remix)

Dougal & Gammer - CD2

Squad-E - My Direction (Essential Platinum Remix)

Brisk & Ham - CD3

Brisk & Vagabond - Into The Sunlight
Mr Raver
quote:
Originally posted by DylanHicks:
Euhoria-AMAIZING ALBUM. MIXed by the best in the business with the best tracks out there.

damn right pig!
capone13 I wonder who won a copy of Hardcore Euphoria, usually Silver pops it up on the homepage, not heard anything about winners yet.
bent_bananna Got to say i'm not that impressed. I loved it for the first couple of listens (got it on the way to westfest so listened on the way down) but after a few more iv'e decided i'm not that keen.
The Dougal and Gammer CD starts of amazingly with A New Feeling but I think every other tune is absolute crap on that cd (just my opinion).
The Sy & Unknown CD is alright but very samey.
Brisk n Ham has some amazing tunes on it but it pisses me off soooooo much that i only get to hear a minute and a half of them. Fair enough including some fast mixes but I really don't think it works mixing every tune like that.
First listen 9/10
Fifth listen 6/10
bcfc This CD is Fookin Immense! I love it, Next Generation Hardcore! ;)
Jon O-T A bit behind but ive just ordered it off play.com

Really excited about all 3 mixes, particularly Brisk & Ham.
reenz lift me up is def one of my fave tracks on the album, def fave one on Sy & Unknowns mix. Loving Dougal & Gammer mix... been thrashing that one a bit lol... a new feeling, and hold me close tonight faves... and loving hearts desire, Hujib - over and over, unseen land and nobody likes it on Brisk and Ham's mix
Capt.Neon-Coeval wow this sucks that all these cds are import for me and my mom wont order out of country its a bummer cause i want this cd and hardcore nation 3
Dain-Ja you can still get it

go to your local HMV with the catalog number for the CD, they can order it in for you but it'll take a month

or you can find a place that accepts paypal and use your bank account to pay
or borrow a friend's credit card
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Capt.Neon-Coeval:
wow this sucks that all these cds are import for me and my mom wont order out of country its a bummer cause i want this cd and hardcore nation 3

Amazon.com (USA) are selling it:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000IY03E6/neonflux
bulby_g It's OK... Listened to my (now x) girlfriends copy a couple of times and decided not to bother purchasing as it's nothing special IMO.
_Jay_

This album is an absolute classic. I've been listening to it today. I bought it when it was released but that was a few years before I joined the forums (or even knew there was like online world of nutcase fans I could have shared my appreciate with).

Such a strong album. Real quality throughout the whole thing. Sy & Unknown, Doogs and Gams, Brisk and Ham. What a fcuking line up that is. Imagine if this came out in 2016.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

This album is an absolute classic. I've been listening to it today. I bought it when it was released but that was a few years before I joined the forums (or even knew there was like online world of nutcase fans I could have shared my appreciate with).

Such a strong album. Real quality throughout the whole thing. Sy & Unknown, Doogs and Gams, Brisk and Ham. What a fcuking line up that is. Imagine if this came out in 2016.

I was about to say, are we in 2016 or 2006?

I myself am leaning towards Hard House at the moment and actually have a Frantic Euphoria compilation somewhere.

Bu for Hardcore Euphoria, wasn't this the one with the remix of Eurolove on it? Because if so, that is hell of a tune!
arpz I love this album too, proper awesome.
Vladel Definately top 3 compilations of all time and possibly a good contender for #1 against HU4.
The drunken scotsman What a coincidence, I also found the brisk and ham cd of this compilation in the last couple of weeks. When it was released, the other 2 discs got much more airtime. But listening back... That brisk and ham cd is ****ing awesome. I didn't think it was bad at the time, i just preferred the dougal/gammer & Sy/unknown discs. Such a great time for hardcore music and a sure sign to me just how good we had it back then, when I overlooked such an amazing mix because I thought the other 2 were better.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
What a coincidence, I also found the brisk and ham cd of this compilation in the last couple of weeks. When it was released, the other 2 discs got much more airtime. But listening back... That brisk and ham cd is ****ing awesome. I didn't think it was bad at the time, i just preferred the dougal/gammer & Sy/unknown discs. Such a great time for hardcore music and a sure sign to me just how good we had it back then, when I overlooked such an amazing mix because I thought the other 2 were better.

have done that a few times as well. Back when Bonkers was still big I original gave less of a listen to the Sharkey mix to eventually realise that it was the best one.

Looking back it was Sharkey who made Bonkers big as much as Bonkers helped make the Freeform sound.

Aside from Kevin Energy's mixes on Hardcore Heaven there was much less focus on Freeform than there should have been. The styles always getting the attention was the mainstream 'Upfront UK Hardcore' when really Freeform was much more Hardcore than the main stuff ever was.
GrahamC I actually just listened to this on a flight to Seattle, I originally only liked the B&H mix which I thought was stonking. I listened to D&G and the S&U mixes on the plane and they were pretty good, really enjoyed it.

I must be getting old, I find myself enjoying music from 10-20 years ago much much more than the modern stuff!
Elipton I'm guilty of that too, though I've heard some cool new Hardcore today.
Triquatra I remember it dropping at around the same time as a bunch of other hardcore compilations. It was all sounding very samey and forgettable to me.

*grump*

also I like to call back to a post I made in 2005 where I said something along the lines of "we'll know hardcore has peaked when they release a "Hardcore" Euphoria.

Called it.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I remember it dropping at around the same time as a bunch of other hardcore compilations. It was all sounding very samey and forgettable to me.

*grump*

also I like to call back to a post I made in 2005 where I said something along the lines of "we'll know hardcore has peaked when they release a "Hardcore" Euphoria.

Called it.

That was what I enjoyed about those days; the sheer number of complications coming out. From memory, the mainstream compilations that came out that year were - CLXH2 and Hardcore Heaven 3 in spring time, Bonkers 16 in the summer, Hardcore Euphoria and Hardcore heaven 4 in the autumn and CLXH3 at the very end of the year. I can see your point, but what I'd give to have those days back.
Triquatra There were just as many the years before, but it was around about 2006 and the end of 2006 that the stuff on the cds had gotten pretty stale for me.
Mickey Init Does anyone honestly like Dangerzone on the Sy & Unknown mix? That track popped in to my head just a few days before the thread got bumped.
The drunken scotsman Na that was shite imo
djDMS Absolutely awful tune.

Saying that I hated it as soon as I knew it wasn't a remix of the Kenny Loggins track from Top gun

It took 3.93 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page