Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Best of Bonkers - Release date and DJ's confirmed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver Taken from the news page:

Resist (Records) have confirmed they are releasing the upcoming "Best of Bonkers" on Boxing Day 2006 (26th of December).

The 3 CDs album will be mixed by Sharkey & Druid, Hixxy & Recon, and Scott Brown.

It's going to be another Hardcore Christmas for 2006 with Best of Bonkers and Clubland X-treme hardcore 3 (Styles, Breeze & Hixxy) due to hit a few weeks before Christmas.
sora.slx ooo awesome ! my spidey senses are tingling ! xD
charlieee thats mad by then i will have money wich mean...yep u know it buying hardcore cd's
CrushOnHardcore That sounds great, still dont get the point why scott brown is doing a cd on his own :( Why not with gammer again or someone else?
Sk8SiM Thats a shit line up!

and "Clubland X-treme hardcore 3 (Styles, Breeze & Hixxy)"
Pleaseeeeee give it a rest! lol

lol guess they can't complain though if it sells! lol
Hardcore4eva sweet as! Not the best looking line up, but will no doubt be purchasing!
Dj Esi someonw found out about this a few days after bonkers 16 but thats sad scott brown aint got anyone to go with lol although i think scott brown is leaving bonkjers but im not sure lol but ive seriously had enough of hixxy and recon lol
Vista
quote:
Originally posted by Sk8SiM:
Thats a shit line up!

lol guess they can't complain though if it sells! lol

Exactly what I thought!
swansea247
quote:
Thats a shit line up!

gotta be honest, i agree with you with it being a shit line up. also i agree with joren, it's really stupid for scott brown just to be on his own, he could have at least teamed up with gammer or neophyte. i will be buying this though only for the fact that i got a bonkers collection going on and i rather not miss this one out.

as for CXH3 I'M NOT GONNA EVEN BOTHER TO BUY THAT AT ALL. i didn't like the first one (all three cd are now coasters :D) and i refused to buy the second one. plus it would contradict the 'clubland sucks' t-shirts i'm gonna have made :D
dj switchback Yeah Clubland Extreme Hardcore should give it a rest.........after all it's only shifted over 250,000 copies,but aye......give it a rest.
Some of the remarks on here are priceless. Just becuase you don't like the style of the album,you have to make yourself look a complete idiot w/ remarks like that.
Phobz haha Clubland Sucks t-shirt, i like it :)
jenks
quote:
Thats a shit line up!

Aren't you the one who always whines at people for not being open minded?
bulby_g Is good to see Druid on there with Sharkz :) I'll be giving it a miss though as I'll have it all already.
tru bass That is The most boring line up i have seen in my life!

Is there anything at all u can look forward to on it?

wont stop me from buying it though!

im not even gonna start on clubland and im buyin one of them t-shirts swansea lol

Mad Max hmm i have all bonkers do i really need this. No but the temptation of the Sharkey and Druid cd may just do it!!
Smoogie Another mix from Scott Brown? He has worked har this year lol! I hope Sharkey and Druid mix has all the best Freeforma nd Trancecore that developed through his mixes!

Also a welcome to Druid for joing the Bonkers team who is also behind Bonkers 1 classic, Twiddledum (with Banannaman) in 1996! Hope we have some new remix of classic too! A new Bonkers Anthem?
Uproar Shit line-up? Sharkey & Druid and Scott Brown arn't shit. Hixxy & Re-Con on the other hand........
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Also a welcome to Druid for joing the Bonkers team who is also behind Bonkers 1 classic, Twiddledum (with Banannaman) in 1996! Hope we have some new remix of classic too! A new Bonkers Anthem?

Let me guess, Google then Discogs... or was it straight to Wikipedia?
Dain-Ja
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Esi:
someonw found out about this a few days after bonkers 16 but thats sad scott brown aint got anyone to go with lol although i think scott brown is leaving bonkjers but im not sure lol but ive seriously had enough of hixxy and recon lol

I agree, Re-Con should stop appearing on mixes...Hixxy was much better on his own.

Especially since this is a "Best of Bonkers" album - why the hell is Re-Con on the Best of Bonkers???

It should be Hixxy, Sharkey and Scott Brown...
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:
Thats a shit line up!

hey i said it sells didn't I lol "give it a rest" was just my opinion

i.e. i can't stand the albums myself!

And I agree about recon - what the hell is he doing on it!
and wheres dougal *crys*
Lunisneko
quote:
quote:
Thats a shit line up!

Here, here!

Not bad at all, I never can seem to get enough Bonkers, despite the constant rehashes of the same songs. It's like a veritable orgy, since everyone shares the same couple of female vocalists. Mmm, leftovers! (Bad joke, I know). I will be getting them both I hope, but not until I've managed my copy of Hardcore Underground :3
stray Sharkey should be on his own. Bonkers 14 was the last good mix from him on the series. 15 was spoilt with that old school sound in thr middle and 16 was WAYYYYY too uplifting for my liking, and as Sharkey is my favourite DJ, i choose to blame the DJs he was working with. I like fast furious dark hardcore, the kind sharkey delivers SOLO. Sharkey alone for 18.
Samination I hope "Best of Bonkers" isnt a new "Bonkers"

*votes for DJ UFO - Music Makers to appear on it*
bent_bananna
quote:

votes for DJ UFO - Music Makers to appear on it*

Thats a quality tune!!!
bent_bananna Sorry. Never done a quote b4
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:

Let me guess, Google then Discogs... or was it straight to Wikipedia?

No, I own Bonkers 1 but I think I should do some research on him. Thanks for reminding me!
whittle1 I'll be gettin this one, only for the collection though...
warped_candykid Shouldn't it be Hixxy, Sharkey, and Dougal!! I mean, Dougal was on there waaaay before Scott Brown was.
tru bass should be hixxy and sharkey actually. but anyway the songs should all be good because its meant to be best of bonkers, aint it! (hopefully)
this-is-bonkers nice one, this shoudl be full of the best tunes from all the albums to date, saved me hours of ripping my fav tracks from each album for my ipod LOL...AWSOME to hear druid n sharkey are togeher!..i thin kit wouls hav ebeeninstresring just to have it 2 discs buy hixxy n sharkey like the first 2 or at least bring back the other best DJ's from the series Dougal & Sy
Dr. Hey Hey
quote:
should be hixxy and sharkey actually. but anyway the songs should all be good because its meant to be best of bonkers, aint it! (hopefully)

amen to that!!!! they should have let the originals do the best of bonkers.
Triquatra would be nice to hear some other oldies on it - i know its a best of album, but id love to hear some the the old "New Era" stuff, stompys old cheese

yummy
Dj Esi
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
I hope "Best of Bonkers" isnt a new "Bonkers"

*votes for DJ UFO - Music Makers to appear on it*

*motion second*
zaculeh Actually I reckon these 2 albums will be good, providing they don't have a dodgy tracklist like Bonkers 16 did.

I thought Bonkers 15 & CXH2 were possibly the best 2 happyhard albums I've ever listened to. The track listing on both albums were awesome.

Bonkers 16 was chat, so was HH3 and HH4. I'm not a huge fan of freeform, I just hope the tracklisting for Best of Bonkers and CXH3 is good. I agree Scott Brown should have mixed with Gammer or Neophyte for Bonkers.

My fave happyhard albums were probably:
Bonkers 15
Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 2
Hardcore Euphoria 2006
Bonkers 14 & 13 were average

I didn't hear CXH1, but I could imagine it would have been good.

jenks
quote:
Originally posted by zaculeh:

Bonkers 16 was chat, so was HH3

Well I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with that one, I'd say its one of the best hardcore compilations in years and I'm sure many would agree ;)
Dj Esi hh3 was the best till hh4 came a along :P

yeh i really like the clubland xtreme hardcore coz styles or breeze dont mix anything else and the track listing is always awsome :D
Da Cunney Bugz
quote:
quote:

Well I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with that one, I'd say its one of the best hardcore compilations in years and I'm sure many would agree ;)

yer i luved it n all except for a few tracks at begining of brisk mix, which i swear i1 s girls aloud!

bonkers 16 is amazin i reckon, scott brown's mix is the best he's done for a few year
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Da Cunney Bugz:
quote:
quote:

yer i luved it n all except for a few tracks at begining of brisk mix, which i swear i1 s girls aloud!

Which one?
djDMS Haven't read all the replies cos i know it'll be the usual whining.

All i can say is - forget the line up, the tracklist will do the talking as it does for any album.
Da Cunney Bugz cube::hard - stingray track 2

for fook sake jenks ive forgot were i was sat on the couch now coz i went n checked, cold leather!
this-is-bonkers can you belive some had the audacity to ask me on the resist forums if DJ rankin was gunna be on B.O.B!!!....
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:
can you belive some had the audacity to ask me on the resist forums if DJ rankin was gunna be on B.O.B!!!....

He is. He will be mixing every disk.

DJRTID

this-is-bonkers *drops to knees* noooooooooooooo LOL!...what resist have put on there homepage about it is very enticing

"watch this space for more info, tracklistings and exciting new artwork!" sounds like the cover is getting ANOTHER style change...

It took 2.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page