Radio listeners 168+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Best of bonkers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ-Pure Dare i ask this question giving the responce various indaviduals gave to my last quetion about C.L.E.H 3 but here goes'

Whats your views on Bonkers 'The Best of' what are you expecting to be great and what are you expecting to be bad? will it be the same will it be 'The best' as said in the tittle.

All answers Good and Bad are welcome and pleas no one take offence to it its only peoples point of view.
bulby_g Well...

I think it will be good but I'm not buying it as I probably own all the tracks on it twice over at least.

Not too sure if Recon should be on it... Not that I have anything against him it's just he wasn't even a hardcore producer during the bulk of the 10 years bonkers has been about.

Great artwork.
this-is-bonkers being the self proclaimed biggest bonkers fan lol, im really lookign forward to it, i cant wait to see the tracklisting, the artwork is fantastic i hope it stays like that aswell! but i think i agree with bulby_g that re-con shouldnt really be on it, they should have gotten Sy & Dougal Back oddly im really looking forward to driud & sharkeys mix..

personally i feel that it should have hixxy,sharkey,sy & dougal mixxing it but im shure this album will kick hard!! and sales will be through the roof!..
DJ-Pure
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
Well...

I think it will be good but I'm not buying it as I probably own all the tracks on it twice over at least.

Not too sure if Recon should be on it... Not that I have anything against him it's just he wasn't even a hardcore producer during the bulk of the 10 years bonkers has been about.

Great artwork.

I agree Re-Con is bit of a new commer when it comes to bonkers and frankly i dont think he should be on the Bonkers C.Ds what so ever, latley his tracks have been amazing i give him that but to be in somthing that has been running longer than most artists that have come to hardcore scene he needs to atleast make a massiv impact.

As for 'this-is-bonkers' i belive that the Bonkers Crew should be all originall artists and what are you on about leaving Scott Brown out!!! weirdo :p
Leto True Recon is a newcomer, but his Bonkers 15 mix with Hixxy was a classic and put him in the "best of" category for me. Remember Best of Bonkers doesn't mean it has to be all old-school tracks, hopefully it will be a sample of tracks from all the 10 years of Bonkers' existence.
DJ-Pure Good point Leto his B15 was good also no one expects Bonkers 'Best of' to have many old school tracks any way, the scene started to grow an enormous amount when the 'Nu-Age' style of Hardcore cam out so my guess is that its going to be mainly Nu-Age hardcore.
Smoogie I think that the mixes would progress through the classics then into the newest stuff. Hixxy and Re-con's mix would start off with tracks such as Toytown and Wizard of Oz and then progress through Antisocial, the eraly Raverbaby and into the latest stuff. Sharkey and Druid's mix would start off with Old skool Trancecore and Freeform from 96-99 the turn of the century Freeform and the latest Freeform. Scott Brown's mix would have all his stuff on any Bonkers from 1-8 and then anything from when he joined after Bonkers 9 (the end of the mix will be gabber)

Thats my though anyway!
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Pure:
also no one expects Bonkers 'Best of' to have many old school tracks any way,

Don't they? Well I do, I'd expect atleast half of the tracks to be pre Bonkers 8 anyway...
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:
being the self proclaimed biggest bonkers fan lol, im really lookign forward to it, i cant wait to see the tracklisting, the artwork is fantastic i hope it stays like that aswell! but i think i agree with bulby_g that re-con shouldnt really be on it, they should have gotten Sy & Dougal Back oddly im really looking forward to driud & sharkeys mix..

personally i feel that it should have hixxy,sharkey,sy & dougal mixxing it but im shure this album will kick hard!! and sales will be through the roof!..

You forgot about DJ Vibes!!! And also, I bet all the songs that were mixed at 175 BPM + on the old Bonkers will probobly be slown down to around 168-170 BPM
Jon O-T I also think the choice of DJs could have been better. If it was me organising it i would have...

CD1 Hixxy
CD2 Sharkey
CD3 Scott Brown
CD4 Dougal (and Gammer?)
CD5 Sy and Unknown

Yes thats a lot of DJs and CDs but its the 10 year aniversery!! I really don't see what the point is in only having 3 CDs. Give the ones that have been in it for a long time their own CD (Hixxy, Sharkey, Scott Brown) and the others that dont have as many bonkers mixes to put together put them 2 to a CD.

Each CD should be a progression of time IMO. Start with a classic like toytown, and by the end of each CD your back to break beat.

The album does seam appealing don't get me wrong, but if your going to celebrate a complition album that changed the scene for life, DO IT RIGHT!
-Bazza- It should be done as one long mash-up mix.
warped_candykid Ha! I wonder what tracks they will pick from Bonkers 7!
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
I think that the mixes would progress through the classics then into the newest stuff. Hixxy and Re-con's mix would start off with tracks such as Toytown and Wizard of Oz and then progress through Antisocial, the eraly Raverbaby and into the latest stuff. Sharkey and Druid's mix would start off with Old skool Trancecore and Freeform from 96-99 the turn of the century Freeform and the latest Freeform. Scott Brown's mix would have all his stuff on any Bonkers from 1-8 and then anything from when he joined after Bonkers 9 (the end of the mix will be gabber)

Thats my though anyway!

Why does Hixxy & Re-Con's mix have to start out with "Toytown", notice the track is by Hixxy & Sharkey, for all we know, Sharkey and Druid could drop that track on thier mix!

DJ-Pure
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:
also no one expects Bonkers 'Best of' to have many old school tracks any way,

Don't they? Well I do, I'd expect atleast half of the tracks to be pre Bonkers 8 anyway...

Notice i said 'They' they might not have ment you ;) lol joking
tru bass i really dont mind what happens! as long as they are remixes and not the originals. + in my opinion it should have 6cd's and have every dj bonkers has ever had picking out their favorite songs remixing them and plonking them in somewhere. that would be fun:)

anyway! warped_candykid whats wrong with bonkers 07!?!
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
You forgot about DJ Vibes!!! And also, I bet all the songs that were mixed at 175 BPM + on the old Bonkers will probobly be slown down to around 168-170 BPM

I dobt any track would be slowed down, that would just not be the concept of Bonkers!
Dj Esi
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
i really dont mind what happens! as long as they are remixes and not the originals. + in my opinion it should have 6cd's and have every dj bonkers has ever had picking out their favorite songs remixing them and plonking them in somewhere. that would be fun:)

yeh thats sounds good do resist take request although knowing them its already been done or very nearly done

-

i would say **** recon and druid simply because they new and recon isnt even hardcore lol (im gonna get in shit for saying that lol) just speaking my mind since the turn up of recon hixxys disc has been shit listen to bonkers 14 and then 15 huge diferance its more trancey and less hardcore not as hard as the other discs he has done

these people hixxy sharkey and scott brown have been with it the longest and have mixed the best albums ive herd in a long time non e of them bore me the tracklistings are great the tunes emence but snice all this b2b shit they havent been as good scott browns has and sharkeys but hixxys isnt

anyone else think recon shouldnt be on their ?or is it just me lol
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Esi:
just speaking my mind since the turn up of recon hixxys disc has been shit listen to bonkers 14 and then 15 huge diferance its more trancey and less hardcore not as hard as the other discs he has done

That's funny because Re-Con never even mixed Bonkers 14...

quote:
these people hixxy sharkey and scott brown have been with it the longest

Scott Brown didn't even get a mix until Bonkers 9!

quote:
anyone else think recon shouldnt be on their ?or is it just me lol

I don't care who is on there aslong as the tunage is good, I'm not going to criticise the 'b2b shit' either, Bonkers 15 was the first time they did it and that was widely regarded as the best Bonkers in a long time... but each to their own I suppose...
Smoogie ^^^^ I have nothing against back to back imo! Hixxy and Re-con mixes both have Raverbaby tunes and Dougal and Gammer's mixes have Essential Platinum tunes and Sharkey and Marc Smith/ CLSM mixes are Freeform so there isn't too much difference anyway! I have noticed that everyone is saying that Re-con shouldn't do a mix on Best of because he has only done two other Bonker's mixes but I have noticed that nobody has mentioned that Druid should do a mix with Sharkey when he hasn't even done one mix! There is sno reason why anyone should mix Best of Bonkers just because some have done more mixes than others!
Dj Esi listen to bonkers 14 no recon and listen oto 15 with recon 14 sounds so much better and less trancy
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Esi:
listen to bonkers 14 no recon and listen oto 15 with recon 14 sounds so much better and less trancy

I don't know about anyone else but I thought 14 was the worst Bonkers of recent, the majority of Hixxy's mix was just remixes or tunes we've all heard before. The general feeling I get from most people is that Bonkers 15 was one of the best bonkers while Bonkers 14 was one of the worst, I don't know anyone who likes Hixxy's 14 mix over his 15 one...
Da Cunney Bugz yer but scott brown in terms of number of mixes is up der, der dougal aswell but not a fan really
Jon O-T Yea, i wasnt displeased with Hixxy's mix on bonkers 14 but i think Dougal's CD saved it really, best mix of the 4
luminate tbh i actually really like 14...
and has anyone seen a tracklist for BoB?
it may hav just been that i've missed it coz i havnt been online much l8ly, but yeah, i havnt seen one :S
this-is-bonkers nahthe tracklisting aint nocking about yet....
von-X From Amazon (and ush):

Disc: 1 hixxy recon
1. Burning Love - Critical Mass
2. In My Brain - Lock Jaw
3. Now Who's In Control - Phonexix
4. Mind Of A Lunatic - Predator (2)
5. Deep In The Underground - Lock Jaw
6. Ganja Man - Wedlock
7. Don't **** With A Ruffneck - Junnernaut
8. I'm The **** You Man - Wedlock
9. Reactor - Lock Jaw
10. Jieehaaa - Diss Reaction
11. Kick Ya Legs In The Air - Dougal
12. Million Miles From Home - Dune (2)
13. Can't Stop Ravin' - Dune (2)
14. Apollo - Force & Styles
15. Harmony - Force & Styles
16. People Party - Hixxy & Sunset
17. Forever Young - Anti Social
18. 14th Dream - Anti Social
19. Thumper - Hixxy
20. Wonderful Days - Lownoise, Charlie & Mental Theo
21. Don't Leave Me Alone - Elstak, Paul

Disc: 2 druid sharkey
1. Bonkers Anthem - Druid & Sharkey
2. Future Dimensions - Druid & Energy
3. John Peel (Not Enough) - CLSM
4. Wicked MC - CLSM & Sharkey
5. Toytown - Hixxy & Sharkey
6. Bodyslam - Bang To The Future
7. Can You Feel It - DJ Kaos
8. Get Rockin' - Ethos & Kaos/MC Sharkey
9. Back To The Top - Brisk & Trixxy
10. Influence - DJ Slam
11. Lemonade Raygun - DJ Fury
12. Desensitize 98' - DJ Fury
13. Techno Rocker - Fade & Kaos/Ethos
14. Boom And Pow - Smith, Marc
15. Oh No - Smith, Marc & Sharkey
16. Vertigo - Kevin Energy
17. Waves Of Desire - Kevin Energy
18. Adagio - K Complex
19. Rainbow Island - Seb
20. Revolutions - Sharkey
21. Awakening - Sharkey
22. Product Of Society - Sharkey
23. UR Everything - Helix (2)
24. Now Control - Helix (2)
25. Ultraworld 5 - DJ Eclipse

Disc: 3 scott brown
1. Neck Breaker - Plus System
2. Turn Up The Music - Brown, Scott
3. Commence - Plus System
4. Fly With You - Brown, Scott
5. Elysium - Brown, Scott
6. Prince Of Darknes - Plus System
7. This Is How We Do It - Plus System
8. All About You - Brown, Scott
9. We're Droppin' This - Brown, Scott & Hyperbass
10. Taking Drugs - Brown, Scott
11. Make You Freak - Plus System
12. Wakey Wakey - Brown, Scott
13. Ghosts - Brown, Scott
14. Boomstick - Brown, Scott
15. You're Shining - Styles & Breeze
16. Bastard ******* - Hard Creation
17. Angel Eyes - Brisk & Ham
18. Bring Me Round To Love - Sy & Unknown
19. Twist - Tommyknocker
20. Earthquake - Art Of Fighters
21. Prophecy Unfolds - Viper & Tommyknocker
bulby_g Hmmm. May as well release SB's disk as a seperate album called Best Of Scott Brown :-s

Still... the other disks look good.

quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
I have noticed that nobody has mentioned that Druid should do a mix with Sharkey when he hasn't even done one mix!

That doesn't make sense but I think I know what your trying to say... Druid may not have mixed on Bonkers but he was about throughout it and has tracks on 'em. It makes allot more sense IMO. Also people who don't really like the new 'core but may pick this up will recognise the name.

Have nothing at all against Recon he's a good DJ & a great producer just doesn't belong on this one IMO.
clarke101
quote:
Hmmm. May as well release SB's disk as a seperate album called Best Of Scott Brown :-s

Still... the other disks look good.

I was looking down the list thinking this looks ok then i saw disk 3.
T~ thats not the final tracklist is it?

some of it looks a bit wrong like Angel Eyes & Bring Me Round To Love inbetween the gabber tracks?
this-is-bonkers not that impressed withhixxys..sharkyes looks ****in amazing though scott browns...same old..same old..
bulby_g
quote:
that can not be the final tracklist...NO TOY TOWN :'(

Try again and pay attention this time.

quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:

I was looking down the list thinking this looks ok then i saw disk 3.

Bit of a joke really!

this-is-bonkers
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:
that can not be the final tracklist...NO TOY TOWN :'(

Try again and pay attention this time.

[quote]

Yes teacher LOL...

1up looks'ok i guess
sharkey's one is pretty
scotts could be much better. not exactly BEST of scott brown
Smoogie Not all those tracks have been on Bonkers have they? Still it might not be final so lets wait and see! If anything The Bonkers Anthem is on there!
this-is-bonkers sharkeys mix is by far superiour.......for once..
djDMS My first impression - if that's the final tracklist, looks rubbish.

Scott Browns mix would be amazing if i didn't have most of the tunes already - i was really hoping for some of his earlier Bonkers tunes.

Disc 2 looks excellent but surely the order wouldn't work.

Disc 1 - god knows what they were thinking.

Best of Bonkers should mean just that, this isn't it by a long way.
Jon O-T
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Disc 2 looks excellent but surely the order wouldn't work.

Agreed. If its just a rough draft its quite posible its in compleatly wrong order.
DJ-Pure I see ScottBrown is about to bashwank out the same tunes over and over, has he been struck deaff like the good lord him self Frankie Wild? has he lost the use of his fingers? has he become paralized? lets hope not, but what we got to hope for is for Scottlands No1 to kick back in to gear and get some new tunes out and about.
DJ-Pure
quote:
sharkeys mix is by far superiour.......for once..

From my eyes i dont think Sharkey ever got the gratitude for his Break beat/rave styled mixing and track that he mixes on his Bonkers CD3 because i find Sharkeys disk allways goes un noticed, but i admit some times the CD can become repetative but he is not as bad as most people think.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
sharkeys mix is by far superiour.......for once..

From my eyes i dont think Sharkey ever got the gratitude for his Break beat/rave styled mixing and track that he mixes on his Bonkers CD3 because i find Sharkeys disk allways goes un noticed, but i admit some times the CD can become repetative but he is not as bad as most people think.

Sharkey owns Bonkers imo and has for a long time! I have noticed he has added Toytown in the mix but im supprised that there a lot of none Bonkers tracks on there. This is confusing as I like alot of people imagnined it would be the Best of Bonkers, not the best of Hardcore but alot of the none Bonekrs tracks all look good in their own right!
whittle1 When i first saw the tracklist to this, i thought oh no! But i suppose it's a good thing, because it's steering clear of the obvious (except SB although i am still looking forward to that one).
And let me also point out that half of Hixxy/Re-Con's Mix have never featured on a Bonkers CD, ever. I thought it was Best Of Bonkers?

P.S. Enough with wakey-wakey mr Brown.
jenks I've never seen the apeal of wakey wakey, there's nowt good about it apart from the sample from the advert lol
Dj Esi i must say that wasn what i was exspecting at all :S

scott has a best off scot lol and all the tracks wever herd yeh theri wicked utnes but comon their on so many albums will have to buy to judge it though lol
NeXuS I think its good they didnt just rehash all the same tunes from other bonkers on this one. Gave it some value with tunes not being featured before on bonkers, what would be the point then if not for just the collection?
Looks interesting to say the least.

I liked wakey wakey :)
It was simple but sounded good, everything fit for a good dance floor tune.

As for order, with enough planning i think they can pull it off. With the source being amazon and ush, its more likely (in my head) the final tracklist. Could be wrong tho.
jenks http://youtube.com/watch?v=JhHP3hP_0Pg
Da Cunney Bugz yup wakey wakey is a complete waste of time, i suppose dis is a classics album so cnt criticise the scott tooooo much 4 yet again churning out the same predictable stuff, hixxy album looks gr8, hopefully dis album wil let a few peops kno wot we're all about, glad to see forever young on der
DJ-Pure Nice advert gave me bit of a chuckle but.. the song well.. i just love the Skip button.
Smoogie
quote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JhHP3hP_0Pg

lol

love the advert!
warped_candykid Ha, I knew Sharkey would throw "Toytown" on his mix!
kayaus22 not sure about this one..
disc one seems to be about the only decent one but doesnt even start getting good till the end
disc two, freeform. enough said.
disc three, like scott brown but not a whole cd's worth!
makingmusic i'm afraid my money is spent on HCN classics and HELTER SKELTER
silver
quote:
Originally posted by makingmusic:
i'm afraid my money is spent on HCN classics and HELTER SKELTER

HELTER SKELTER hasn't been annouched yet :)
sora.slx *jaw drops at track listing*

wow Dune !!!!!
olliesteward04 I Like the line-up but it could be better, especially as its celebrating 10 years!!!

Hixxys mix sounds good coz there are new songs on it...which defeats the object.

Sharkeys mix looks aWesome, as the best songs from each bonkers has pretty much been selected. I like how they have jumbled them up, so it should sound good.

Scott Browns mix is good, but i personally think a best of cd should have been only his gabber songs from bonkers 9 - 11 with some best songs from the other bonkers, like 'twist' (which is featured), 'do you like bass'.

I also rekon that more than 3 cds should have featured.

ill be buyig it for sure, but not straight away. im lookin' forward to the hardcore nation classics cd and hardwired 3.

this-is-bonkers
quote:
Originally posted by kayaus22:

disc two, freeform. enough said.

did you even look at the track list..its got all the best tunes on from bonkers 1 & 2! propah old skool!..not just freeform!...im not the biggest freeform fan but sharkters mix'sa re always worth listenign to..

silver Tracklist updated ...
dparkster To me Scott Brown mix looks shit hot with quite a few of the tracks from bonkers 11 which is one of my personal favourites. i also agree that re-con doesn't deserve to be on it, although i like his gear i think that it would be more fitting to have sy or even styles on it./////

what ya think?
makingmusic
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:

maybe i should have put it in the rumour section!! which i hope it's not

phewcharyztik Very very disapointed with Scott Browns mix. It would have been better mixed by Scott Brown and someone else (e.g. Sy), then we would at least have a variety of different tracks on this CD instead of just a Best Of Me CD. Didn't even include Now Is The Time.
The 'final' tracklisting for Hixxy & Re-Con looks better than the previous one, but still could have been a lot better.
Sharkey & Druid's is therefore obviously the best CD (which is usually the one I listen to least).

Maybe there is only 3 CDs and not ALL the best tracks because they are planning to do a 'Best Of Bonkers 2' and maybe 3.
If so, I think it would be best to include some of the other DJs on these, especially Dougal, who played a big part in the early Bonkers albums.
DJ-Pure
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:

Nah it proberbly hasn't been annouched yet lol :P joking matey, asoon as you hear somthing let us know rather spend my 'mooolaa' on that.
DJ-Pure
quote:
Originally posted by dparkster:
To me Scott Brown mix looks shit hot with quite a few of the tracks from bonkers 11 which is one of my personal favourites. i also agree that re-con doesn't deserve to be on it, although i like his gear i think that it would be more fitting to have sy or even styles on it./////

what ya think?

yeah a fiew from B#11 and every other C.D he has featured on. lol
DJ-Pure Sorry about the 3rd reply i havn't been paying attention, even tho the track listings have changed it still looks... crap.
akira4134
quote:
Dare i ask this question giving the responce various indaviduals gave to my last quetion about C.L.E.H 3 but here goes'

Whats your views on Bonkers 'The Best of' what are you expecting to be great and what are you expecting to be bad? will it be the same will it be 'The best' as said in the tittle.

All answers Good and Bad are welcome and pleas no one take offence to it its only peoples point of view.

it guarnteed to be a great album but it does seem like cashing in on xmas a bit but hay ho its all business
whittle1 The final tracklist hasn't changed much, but i wish they had kept some of those Dune songs on Hixxy/Re-Con's mix.
dparkster yeah i agree totally with the dune remarks at least 1 or 2 anytway and i have feeling that there will be a best of bonkers 2 etc as it is such a hardcore legacy
{HTID}||Happy//2B\\Core||{HTID}
Chris B Well i think the hixxy/recon cd looks f*ckin wkd.

Seen recon mixin up all the old ruffnecks at HTID a while back he was quality, loadsa amazing tunes on it a lot of the bonkers customers have probably never heard before.

Dunno if many folk will like it but i might buy it just for that cd

*Edit

just seen new tracklist doesnt appeal as much anymore
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
Well i think the hixxy/recon cd looks f*ckin wkd.

Seen recon mixin up all the old ruffnecks at HTID a while back he was quality, loadsa amazing tunes on it a lot of the bonkers customers have probably never heard before.

Dunno if many folk will like it but i might buy it just for that cd

*Edit

just seen new tracklist doesnt appeal as much anymore

nice to see your back! still think CD one looks good! especially the last few tracks! and thank god SB has put Earthquake on his mix

Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]:
nice to see your back! still think CD one looks good! especially the last few tracks! and thank god SB has put Earthquake on his mix

Definitely mate is a lotta classics, critical mass and all the ruffnecks are right up my street.

Just got most on vinyl will see how i feel when give the mix a listen.

Pm me anyway Paul mate let us no how holiday went, catch you soon
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
quote:

Definitely mate is a lotta classics, critical mass and all the ruffnecks are right up my street.

Just got most on vinyl will see how i feel when give the mix a listen.

Pm me anyway Paul mate let us no how holiday went, catch you soon

yeah will do mate! it went great! amazing to see some Ruffneck stuff on a Hixxy CD! might try to buy Thunderdome 2006 before this though! its out this week in Holland! CD1 looks the usual but CD2 looks harder!
Leto Looks good to me, Hixxy & Recon's mix is wickedly awesome...

I think this is a must buy for fans of hardcore.
sora.slx awww no Dune .... :(
this-is-bonkers this is going to be one shit hot bonkers CD, i wish the release datw would be pushed forward though, i can just see my local store not having it
gabbe
quote:
Originally posted by Jon O-T:
I also think the choice of DJs could have been better. If it was me organising it i would have...

CD1 Hixxy
CD2 Sharkey
CD3 Scott Brown
CD4 Dougal (and Gammer?)
CD5 Sy and Unknown

Yes thats a lot of DJs and CDs but its the 10 year aniversery!! I really don't see what the point is in only having 3 CDs. Give the ones that have been in it for a long time their own CD (Hixxy, Sharkey, Scott Brown) and the others that dont have as many bonkers mixes to put together put them 2 to a CD.

Each CD should be a progression of time IMO. Start with a classic like toytown, and by the end of each CD your back to break beat.

The album does seam appealing don't get me wrong, but if your going to celebrate a complition album that changed the scene for life, DO IT RIGHT!

Yeah, there should be more cd's...

I only look forward to scott browns mix, because i like his happyhardcore tracks alot... And i miss Gammer.. :(
this-is-bonkers the only thing on scott browns mix's that appeal to me is the gabber :-D
SixFeet Scott Brown lost the last thread of respect I had for him. According to him in all the tracks made the last 10 years are 75% his are 'best of' worthy.

Nice avatar Chris B, you post on there often?
xtc247 hey all im new to the scene .but personaly i think there should be more cd's definatley for the tenth aniversary.does anyone know how i can get hold of every bonkers made
clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by xtc247:
does anyone know how i can get hold of every bonkers made

Search some e-tailers and purchase
Brian K search the interweb!

more specifically the shop @ www.resist-music.com
mitchy_boy haha ive got the same problem mate cant find any hardcore cds. but if u go to hmv, jb hi-fi and ask dem if day can ship it in they usually do it it cost a bit extra but yeh. so umm yeh.....and dus eny1 no how old u gotta b to get into a rave cos im 14 and i wonna no!
this-is-bonkers i've been raving sinc ei was 15 :-P fortunatly for me in VERY tall..so no ones non the wiser :-P

the best place to go for the bonkers back catalouge is defiatly the resist website or your local HMV...but they useually oly have the lastest 3-4 albums..
mitchy_boy so they dont check 4 id cos i can get off 4 a 16-17 year old
this-is-bonkers they dont at small events but bigger ones like HTID or Dizzy they would..
Sk8SiM I See Angel Eyes!

The comp is already GOLD! Enough Said!

*cough* on a seri note... couldn't say i was expecting anything new (lol)
But for whats its worth...

"Disopointed!"

Still a good comp though... Just... i think we could all pick out tons and tons of things that are wrong... and probly name tons of stuff that SHOULD of been there!

And frankley... for "best of bonkers!" if this is all they can come up with... then... *insert insults here*

I won't be buying it or showing any support! (its just another CD to me!)
Jon O-T
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:
quote:
Originally posted by xtc247:
does anyone know how i can get hold of every bonkers made

Search some e-tailers and purchase

Yeah, i find www.play.com the best one. They have every bonkers, not usually all of them in stock at the same time so hang around. Great prices.
DJ-Pure
quote:
Originally posted by mitchy_boy:
so umm yeh.....and dus eny1 no how old u gotta b to get into a rave cos im 14 and i wonna no!

aww lol some times you can 'blag it' but secruity on and after the NYE next year is going to be tight from what i hear... big clamp down on everything
Taiko Sorry, but I have this gut feeling that this isn't the final tracklist.

Hixxy hasn't included a remix of Set You Free.
Furious_M I think Hixxy/Re-Con and Druid/Sharkey's mixes will capture the essence of Bonkers since Bonkers 1, but the only letdown for me was Scott Brown's mix. Seems to me that he is running out of ideas and just using old songs, which I wouldnt even classify as 'best of'. Most of his tracks aren't even from his earlier mixes of bonkers 9 and 10 - sure hope they are remixes and not just the originals.
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Furious_M:
I think Hixxy/Re-Con and Druid/Sharkey's mixes will capture the essence of Bonkers since Bonkers 1, but the only letdown for me was Scott Brown's mix. Seems to me that he is running out of ideas and just using old songs, which I wouldnt even classify as 'best of'. Most of his tracks aren't even from his earlier mixes of bonkers 9 and 10 - sure hope they are remixes and not just the originals.

Think SB has been busy lately doing Hardcore Heaven 4 and Hardwired 3 so he's bound to do a lazy album if its Best of Bonkers! But how can you say the Hixxy/Re-Con will capture the essence of Bonkers when a) Re-Con has only done one (last one) album and b) his mix is full of Ruffneck stuff that has never been on a Bonkers album!

The Doc
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Furious_M:
I think Hixxy/Re-Con and Druid/Sharkey's mixes will capture the essence of Bonkers since Bonkers 1, but the only letdown for me was Scott Brown's mix. Seems to me that he is running out of ideas and just using old songs, which I wouldnt even classify as 'best of'. Most of his tracks aren't even from his earlier mixes of bonkers 9 and 10 - sure hope they are remixes and not just the originals.

Think SB has been busy lately doing Hardcore Heaven 4 and Hardwired 3 so he's bound to do a lazy album if its Best of Bonkers! But how can you say the Hixxy/Re-Con will capture the essence of Bonkers when a) Re-Con has only done one (last one) album and b) his mix is full of Ruffneck stuff that has never been on a Bonkers album!

Sh*t I forgot Re-Con's done 2!

jenks
quote:

Perhaps making a good mix is more important than doing a mix that captures the 'essence'. ;)
this-is-bonkers i dont think recon & scott brown shoudl have been on it because recn has be non liek 2 bonkers albums...scott browns beenthere since 9 but if its best we really husd have had the most populara DJS from all 16 and that is!

HIXXY,SHARKEY,DOUGAL & SY!

ps: i knwo drud has never been a bonker DJ but he contributed alot to the eariler bonkers dont ya think? every were ya loosk its sharkey & druid, druid & bannanman, druid druid druid LOL :-p

im still gunna buy this but it wont o along sde my other bonkers albums will just go on the ver large tower of CDs i have standing in the corner of my room (it must be about 2ft know LOL)
Im_British Ive got Bonkers 1-16 but Im just not rich enough to be buying the 'best of' for the sake of collection completing (however much I would love to).

Ordered ClubLand X-Hardcore 3 - Might not be anywhere near as good as Bonkers, but at least its new : (

***Wishes Resist just did Bonkers 17***
this-is-bonkers there have been mixed responses about clubland hardcore 3...
dparkster yeah about clubland x hardcore 3. i trhink it has turned a new leaf, so yeah the first 2 were shiter than shite itself but in my opinion this one is great its a whole different ballgame to the 1st 2. and as for best of bonkers its a MUST BUY as far as im concerned

{HTID}Hardcore Will Never Die{HTID}
grimace i'm rly stoked that "O.M.G. - The One" is on the comp. it's been a personal favorite of mine (top 3, easily) and this way it'll get the exposure i think it deserves.

or maybe it was rly popular when it came out way back when and i just wasnt around?

i put it in one the sets i posted if you havent heard it before.
Dreamfreezee I think it will be a good album but as u other... i allrdy got the tracks...
But i liked the anthem very much =)

H2BH
DarrenJ
quote:
Originally posted by mitchy_boy:
haha ive got the same problem mate cant find any hardcore cds. but if u go to hmv, jb hi-fi and ask dem if day can ship it in they usually do it it cost a bit extra but yeh. so umm yeh.....and dus eny1 no how old u gotta b to get into a rave cos im 14 and i wonna no!

Shock Records, try stores like sanity that use this distro
they should be order in older bonkers
DJBrownout well guys. another album with wakey wakey lol.
whittle1 Just heard the sound clips Resist sent over. First time i've heard that first track on Hixxy & Re-Con's mix and so far, pretty impressive (along with those other classics of course
DJ-Pure
quote:
Originally posted by dparkster:
yeah about clubland x hardcore 3. i trhink it has turned a new leaf, so yeah the first 2 were shiter than shite itself but in my opinion this one is great its a whole different ballgame to the 1st 2. and as for best of bonkers its a MUST BUY as far as im concerned

{HTID}Hardcore Will Never Die{HTID}

There is another Posting area for any crit' about Clubland Extreme Hardcore 3.
DJ-Pure All in all to me it seems pointless having a Best of Bonkers at this moment in time, they should have atleast given it a couple more years and a couple more Bonkers #no tittles, because i pretty much own half of the tracks 40x over so im not going to waste my money on it, i could just get my Bonkers collection and copy the tracks from it to fit with the track listings for each B.O.B Cd and pretty much make my own but withought the mixing obviously. Witch my Super Heros brings me to my next point the mixing style of bonkers has become to original now its pretty much track to track, there is no cut in or run along mixes now witch is pretty sad because Scottbrown naild the runalong mix with various tracks on Bonkers 12 and likewize Hixxy was good at cutting.

So yeas deffinatly worth the money if you own various bonkers CD's.
jenks
quote:
All in all to me it seems pointless having a Best of Bonkers at this moment in time,

It's the 10 years anniversary.
gabbe Im disappointed, its too much 'old' hardcore tracks, not my style...
Dj Esi theirs usually a website for all the bokers anyone know if its up and running yet ?
tru bass is there an e-card for it, cos i really like them!
jenks Could only find this:

http://www.myspace.com/bestofbonkers
DJ-Pure
quote:

It's the 10 years anniversary.

Maby so, but iv got this C.D dotted aaround in my C.D collection any way so i pretty much had it befor they even released this C.D in many ways lol!

If they do another in 10yrs with Mixs from artists i belive or nearing to belive that should be on the 'Best Of' ill buy it as for this one im thinking its just not the 'Best of'
lol
hyperdance best of bonkers?? niccee
phewcharyztik I'm looking forward to listening to how the first 2 CDs are mixed as there are some quite good tracks on there, but Scott Browns mix looks totally boring with all quite recent tracks. Where's all Scott's classics from the 90's?
RAVER7 GONNA PUT THIS ONE IN MY COLLECTION OF CD'S TO COMPLETE THE FULL 16 BONKERS
kathryn sorry i posted a thread on this topic and Mortis pointed it out to me! oops!
Anyway! Am still gonna buy it!
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by RAVER7:
GONNA PUT THIS ONE IN MY COLLECTION OF CD'S TO COMPLETE THE FULL 16 BONKERS

There will be 17 including this, or 18 if you include the John Peel set ;)
this-is-bonkers i dont think this or the jogn peel set get counted as "numbered" bonkers cds..
jenks Well that's obvious, or they'd have numbers on them wouldn't they ;)
latininxtc where the hell did the Dune tracks go??? can't stop ravin' was 1 of my all time favorite tracks. at least they still kept rainbow islands. and i agree w/ everyone about scott brown's tracks he missed out on quite a few good ones from his earlier years.
DJ E-Rok Best Of Bonkers add iz teh 1337!! best hardcore add I've seen in a long time :) Dont think I'll buy it however, tracks dont apeal to me but thats just my opinion. Looks awsome though!
this-is-bonkers I FOUND THE ECARD

http://www.resist-music.co.uk/ecards/BonkersBest/
Da Cunney Bugz class advert! ...end of michael's views :)
HARRIBO i checked out the other ads aswell no11 is really gd:)
this-is-bonkers so whos bought it then? and what do we all think?...not got mine yet, waitign on resist to post it ^^

has any ones woolworths bin done up for it? apprently according to an email i got last night some woolworths are doign campaigns for it....

Andy
Miz
quote:
so whos bought it then? and what do we all think?...not got mine yet, waitign on resist to post it ^^

has any ones woolworths bin done up for it? apprently according to an email i got last night some woolworths are doign campaigns for it....

Andy

I got mine from woolworths. They just had a display stand here full of Best of Bonkers cases, with a tag saying it was a price exclusive to woolworths until next week or so.
£10.97 I think.
DJ-Pure I brought it.. going back on my word i know but i was intreeged and had £30 to blow so i brought it... didn't like it and flogged it to my mate for £20 lol (hes a dumb ass)
this-is-bonkers aww what a let down, SO i hate to be the dick that pointed this out....BUT! did any one else notice that there is a portian of the cover that isnt coloured?.. Hixxy right sleeve on his robe thingy..

DJ-Pure Now that -is-bonkers lol! You sit and studie the pack? lol joking
this-is-bonkers well beign an artist my self i like to study the totally nutty cartoony-ness that is the bonkers artwork LOL..
DJ-Pure Fair play to you then lol...

Only mistake i spotted on anything i ever owned was a shitty Clubland CD and the D was slighty smaller than the rest fo the lettering lol.. it was only a suttle difference but so eazy to notice
Miz There's been some kind of mistake on every Bonkers album, I think. :p
Disc 2 Sleeve - Track 13 - Wrong font for "Desire." ;)

Not sure what I think of the Toytown remix.

Liking the CDs overall, though. Obviously I have most of the tracks already but it -is- a "Best of" compilation. :)

I didn't really look at the track listing in the run-up to release, or even in-store for that matter, but, I expected Steam Train to be on there somewhere. :s

Nice addition to the collection anyway. :)
josh_saveme Can't wait for this one, time too rewind the clock and get someof the classics out ha lolLooks godd especially scottbrowns mix!!!
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by josh_saveme:
Can't wait for this one, time too rewind the clock and get someof the classics out ha lolLooks godd especially scottbrowns mix!!!

Well atleast someone likes it...
this-is-bonkers theres alawys one, but im sayign this know but wheni'velistend to it, i'll probobly be bumming it for the gabber! (only reason i like SB'S mix's know)

still waiting on my copy from resist but i've heard what i wanted to heer (toy town remix) im also not quite shure what to make of it, its pretty good, but the basis of it is mainly the noddy & big ears mix...

Andy
olliesteward04 I got Best of Bonkers yesterday, and i think its an awesome album.

Sharkeys mix makes me want to play my old bonkers discs and scott browns (although the songs are on every album) are mixed in a superb way that makes you want to turn up the music more after every song.

Hixxys is ok, but i wish more of the popular bonkers songs were on it.

Pleasantly surprised!

It took 4.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page